• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 10, 2021

    Apple Macbook I just bought a MacBook Air M1. I am so happy with my little buddy. The performance and battery life are insane! Do any of you have tips for accessories or cases?

    Apple Macbook I just bought a MacBook Air M1. I am so happy with my little buddy. The performance and battery life are insane! Do any of you have tips for accessories or cases?


    I just bought a MacBook Air M1. I am so happy with my little buddy. The performance and battery life are insane! Do any of you have tips for accessories or cases?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 02:11 PM PDT

    Macbook Recommendation M1 vs 2.0/2.3 Ghz models?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 03:58 PM PDT

    Would you recommend a Macbook Pro with M1 Chip 16GB RAM) vs a Macbook Pro with Intel Core I7 2.3 Ghz (32GB RAM) for the following use cases?

    - Mainly do the majority of my work on Chrome so I have like 30+ tabs open consistently. I know Chrome is a resource hog but unfortunately all my work is tied on there.

    - Usually have other light Mac apps open simultaneously as well like Trello, Office Suite, Spotify...etc (occasional light video editing)

    I don't mind spending more for the 2.3 ghz maxed out but not sure if that's overkill because I'm not doing intensive video editing

    submitted by /u/sunstah
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air M1 ---> Apple Thunderbolt Display

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 03:47 PM PDT

    Picked up an Apple Thunderbolt Display 27" earlier today for a steal of a price

    Anyone got any recommended adapters to output to it from my MacBook Air M1

    Would presume I need to snag a Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt adapter, however I know from past experience that display adapters are a minefield

    Any recommendations peeps?

    submitted by /u/coffeesurfers
    [link] [comments]

    Help! - MacBook Air 2019 didn’t accept charger and is now dead and unresponsive

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 03:34 PM PDT

    I went to plug in my laptop to charge as usual and there was no chime or charging symbol that popped up. I was on 3% and it died before I could figure anything out.

    Before it went dead I figured it's not the cord because it charged my headphones. I also tried my roommates exact same working charger and...nothing. I may have needed an update, but it does before the Big Sur update could even get a few minutes in.

    Now I have a dead MacBook Air 2019 that doesn't chime when I plug in the charger and I have an assignment due this Thursday. Please help!

    submitted by /u/itsactuallyoctopuses
    [link] [comments]

    Recommended USB-C hub for 4k 60hz and 2 USB-A ports

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 11:09 PM PDT

    I'm getting a Macbook Air M1 soon.

    I'm looking for a USB-C Hub with the following features:

    • Support 4k 60hz monitor
    • At least 2 USB-A ports

    I've been doing some research into this, and it seems like USB-C hubs are quite unreliable, and many hubs that claim to do 4k 60hz have overheating problems and whatnot.

    Any of y'all have recommendations for USB-C hubs that has the 2 features I'm looking for, and is actually reliable?

    submitted by /u/Valachio
    [link] [comments]

    How do you separate your work environment from your personal stuff on your MacBook without them interfering ?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 03:10 AM PDT

    It's my first Mac ever (got the M1 Air) and I would like to use it for both productivity and personal stuff. I would like to keep my work separate from everything else and I'm hoping I can get some help from you guys, since I'm a Mac newb (even though I'm an IT Engineer).

    What I would like to know if if there is a way to create a different desktop with my work apps and also a safari browser with my work bookmarks, separate from my personal safari. On Windows I've created a separate desktop where I keep everything from work and also I was using google chrome with 2 google accounts, one for work and one for personal stuff (and also I've created 2 separate shortcuts for each users so that when I click on my work google chrome shortcut it opens the same Google Chrome but already logged on the account I use for work with all the bookmarks and passwords and settings to automatically open certain web pages at launch). Of course I could still do that but I want to remove Google Chrome from my life.

    So is there a way to use Safari like that and also create a different desktop with different icons (apps) for work so that when I'm not working I do not see anything work related on my Mac ?

    submitted by /u/kuddoo
    [link] [comments]

    I can't decide between Macbook air m1 and Macbook pro m1

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 10:41 PM PDT

    Actual price in my country. 
    Macbook version Price of 256 gb Price of 512 gb
    Macbook air - 1300 Euro
    Macbook pro 1399 Euro 1650 Euro

    I need a Macbook for some undemanding games, for not able to work in Photoshop, perhaps in the future some work with code.

    I looked at many different reviews, read reddit posts that I could find, but could not decide what to buy.

    Will the air be enough for me, won't it kill under load faster, it has no fan ?

    Is it worth it to take the 256 gb pro version, will it have enough space and will it be easy to sell later?

    Maybe you should take the pro 256 + external drive and not overpay for the 512?

    For any advice I would be grateful, I have three days I can not make up my mind and put it out of my mind :(

    submitted by /u/skaad666
    [link] [comments]

    Something doesn't look right. I can't put my finger on it though

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 04:36 PM PDT

    I got my screen changed and didn’t use it for a couple months, it’s still in warranty however now I see dead pixels here, and a little unfixed hinge here, I didn’t notice any of these issues when I got the product in return.

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 08:52 AM PDT

    MacBook Air 2019 Buttery Keys (Problem)

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 06:12 PM PDT

    My current macbook air 2019 is at a Unitek store right now getting the keyboard replaced. The keys work but they get really sticky (ex. I would be typing and the keys would just get stuck), which is really frustrating at times. I was wondering if any of you guys experienced this and went in for a whole keyboard replacement (since it is free). If so, did you guys experience this problem again after the replacement? thanks

    submitted by /u/qij5
    [link] [comments]

    Help with the right colour profile

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 03:08 AM PDT

    I've connected my MBA M1 via HDMI 2.1 to my calibrated 4K TV (using Apple's hub). HDR enabled in system preferences.

    Which colour profile should I choose to get the most accurate picture in order to watch a 4K HDR movie? Is it Display P3?

    submitted by /u/beanofcoffeee
    [link] [comments]

    Where to find a good quality battery replacement for an old MacBook Pro 13” 2011?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 12:06 PM PDT

    This thing still has the original battery, and I'd like to replace it. Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/CivilTax00100100
    [link] [comments]

    Second monitor problems- any suggestions?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 11:42 AM PDT

    I've got a 2011 macbook pro which has worked well for me, despite getting a little slow. I've recently got a second monitor, and it's completely screwing with my laptop. Getting hot, resetting, becoming unresponsive etc.

    Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/FullyCocked
    [link] [comments]

    Dust protection

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 11:38 AM PDT

    Are MacBook really dust magnet and how to avoid it help!!?

    submitted by /u/EbbComprehensive7210
    [link] [comments]

    Blank Screen MB Air M1?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 10:43 AM PDT

    Anyone else have a problem with the screen not waking after screen sleep? I need to reboot twice (always) to fix this issue. It started a couple weeks ago with the last OSX update.

    submitted by /u/zipzag
    [link] [comments]

    Base model m1 2020 for coding?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 06:04 AM PDT

    Hi guys, I a sophomore computer science student. I am planning to buy a MBA M1 8gb 256 ssd but I am not sure if that will be enough for me too use it for next 3-4 years and my budget is only enough for this configurations. I will use it for school classes (my department curriculum (i am at my 4th semester) and especially for improving at software engineering. I want to learn your opinions for my case, should I go for it or start saving money for 16gb? I can get an external memory later if I need more space. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Revolutionary-Art141
    [link] [comments]

    m1 or wait

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 05:28 AM PDT

    I am in a weird time right now because I want a new mac but don't which one, the m1 AIR is an AIR and the 13 inch MacBook pro is so rare in my country and city, so what are your thoughts, do you think i should a 2020 INTEL MacBook pro or a m1 air or just wait to see if there is gonna be a 14 inch MacBook pro coming out in November ?

    submitted by /u/Ill_Purpose_5186
    [link] [comments]

    2010 MacBook Restoration/Temperature Questions

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 08:33 AM PDT

    I purchased an inexpensive mid 2010 polycarbonate/unibody Macbook (2.4GHz) from eBay as an restoration project. I'm loving this machine so far--I've upgraded the boot drive to an SSD, removed the optical drive in favor of an extra HDD, upgraded the RAM to 8GB and running High Sierra. I tore it down to the logic board and removed the 10+ year old thermal paste (dust) and replaced it with some fresher MX4. I installed "Macs Fan Control" to get an idea of the average operating temps and fan RPM.

    My question is--what are normal conditions for a Mac of this vintage? With a few tabs open, playing youtube videos+audio I'm getting an average of about 70 degrees C for the CPU proximity (about 80-85C for diode) and between 2-3K RPM from the fan. Does this seem a tad high, or are these safe operating temps? Just curious because I really love this laptop despite its age and would like to keep it going for as long as possible.

    Thanks in advance for any and all insight. They really don't make these machines like they used to!

    submitted by /u/NecroNomiKoi
    [link] [comments]

    Which MacBook for construction business owner?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 08:13 AM PDT

    I currently have a 2012 MacBook Air that I bought when I went to college. It has battery issues and runs pretty slow.

    I mostly run excel, browse documents and construction plans, and browse the Internet.

    I bought a fully decked out iPad Pro this year and feel like it was overkill. I use it but only for looking at construction plans.

    I do fly and drive A LOT. I'm on a plane biweekly and driving to different cities on a weekly basis.

    What's the best choice for me under $2,000? I'd like to get the best value.

    submitted by /u/Ronachickamonga
    [link] [comments]

    Incase Dot hard shell case

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 07:58 AM PDT

    Yes, this question again. I bought an Incase Dot hard shell case for my brand new MacBook Air M1 yesterday and was loving it until I started reading about shells causing hing issues. I know, they aren't recommended. I know everyone is going to suggest skins. However, my question is this: Has there been any improvements to the shells? Are they being made with better quality, enough where the hinge issue is no longer a problem? Has anyone had his exact shell for a while and seen no issues?

    submitted by /u/MattWheelerGA
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Keyboard Repair Data Loss?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 07:26 AM PDT

    Hi, I'm going to an Apple store soon to fix faulty keys on my MBP 13 inch from 2019. Before going in I talked to an Apple advisor on their chat feature online and he said that no matter what, the device would be wiped before any repair, even replacing a key or two. When I looked into this online from other people's experiences, they didn't lose their data. If anyone knows or has had to go through a similar repair, can you please comment if you lost any data or if they just repaired your device with no changes to software? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/moon_nn_stars
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel