• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 10, 2021

    Apple Help Turn On FileVault = Couldn't communicate with a helper (How Can I Get more Details?)

    Apple Help Turn On FileVault = Couldn't communicate with a helper (How Can I Get more Details?)


    Turn On FileVault = Couldn't communicate with a helper (How Can I Get more Details?)

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 01:53 PM PDT

    Image location changed and is wrong

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 08:52 PM PDT

    I go to a large university, but recently I've realized that the pictures that I've taken on campus and are location mapped all say "MRI Imaging Center". Does anyone know why this might have changed? Only started this semester, and it's super odd to me. I don't know of any MRI imaging centers near me, but we're moderately close to a few hospitals.

    submitted by /u/aubaskin
    [link] [comments]

    Burned Keyes on screen from keyboard.

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 06:27 PM PDT

    Just noticed that part of the q a and z key is "burned" into my screen. It's only noticeable when it is in front of a gray background. I just randomly noticed it. What could be the possible cause for this? I have the iPhone XR

    submitted by /u/EEMan_0
    [link] [comments]

    Most cost effective way to add airplay to a tv

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 08:19 PM PDT

    What is the most cost effective way to add airplay to a tv? Is it to buy Apple TV? I'm looking to project pictures from my phone and play videos from apps that don't have chromecast.

    Would buying a used older generation work for me?

    submitted by /u/trickpony1357
    [link] [comments]

    What is this? I couldn’t charge my phone last night and this came out of the charge port, after it came out I was able to charge my phone

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 03:36 PM PDT

    General misc Apple questions for Reddit experts..

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 05:02 PM PDT

    ..of which I am not one!

    • What is shortcut folder in icloud for?
    • Do reminders you set show some type of popup alert?
    • What are tags for? What is their purpose? (Different Colors)
    • Can you change the time MBP changes to dark mode? IE set for 7:00pm.
    • Does iPhone auto detect wifi and pull up detected networks by itself?
    • Scroll bar MIA on iCloud photos on web; left hand nav by tree. IE you see a list of folders, but how do you scroll to the bottom of the list?
    • iPhone shows 2.09 GB worth of photos; that means entire uploaded to iCloud photo collection is ON phone, and not JUST on iCloud..right?
    • Still not getting ANY Apple emails (Apple daily News email, product announcements. Signed up multiple times- never one, not once. No, they don't go in spam. No, there's no other Apple email address.)
    submitted by /u/brinkeguthrie
    [link] [comments]

    What Apple Product to Buy

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 06:30 PM PDT

    So I recently have been wanting to get a apple computer. I have been deciding between a used base model M1 MacBook Air 13 inch for $850 or a iPad Air with a magic keyboard and Apple pencil second gen for a total of $850 aswell. I do want the ability to have a touch screen aswell as apple pencil support for creative work and writing and certain games. I also like being able to take off the keyboard for portability when I don't need the keyboard. On the otherside I enjoy the extra power of the MacBook and the compatibility for more apps. For the work i do such as video/photo editing and art the apple pencil is really nice. I do currently have a older iPad running iPad OS 14 and I enjoy it a lot but i do prefer windows for a laptop or desktop though. So what choice should I make?

    submitted by /u/GloriousGoose18
    [link] [comments]

    Right airpod quieter than left.

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 04:00 PM PDT

    It could be with my ears being that I hear right quieter than left for a few earbuds but not headphones, but my airpods are completely clear of earwax and so are my ears. My balance in Accessibility > Audio/visual is in the middle and I do not know what is going on. It could just be in my head but i think that there is setting going on with my airpods or my phone. Any tips would be helpful. I have an iPhone SE 1st gen and i have non wireless charging airpods. ios version is like 1.14.1 i think.

    submitted by /u/BigBiggaBoii2
    [link] [comments]

    I think my Airpod's are broken but IDK what to do

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 11:12 PM PDT

    Can I still use this to charge my phone even if a bluish-ink is leaking from it? My iphone model is 7plus. TIA

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 09:49 PM PDT

    i made a shortcut to open discord and everytime i use it it does this annoying alert. is there a way to disable this?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 09:48 PM PDT

    Extracting information from an Ipod touch 4th gen.

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 05:55 PM PDT

    When I was a kid, I would always play minecraft on my iPod 4th gen, and now about 10 years later, was wondering if I could somehow extract my files from it. It would be easy, but the ipod won't hold a charge. Is there some type of sim card that I can extract? Help would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Evan33406
    [link] [comments]

    Daughter lost her iPhone

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 11:51 AM PDT

    We went to a larger city about 2 hours from where we live yesterday to do some shopping. My 12 year old daughter had her iPhone SE 2 that she just got for Christmas in the store with her. She had texted a friend and took a picture of a dress she tried on. So we know she had it in the store. About the time we were ready to leave the store she realized her phone was gone. We began to look for it in the store and also at the find my phone feature. It was showing the phone at first as not having a location update since the night before when it was at our house. But the Life 360 app we use showed the phones last location as when we went in the store. Eventually throughout the evening find my phone showed as offline. We looked everywhere in the store. We talked to a manager and left a phone number. The phone had plenty of battery charge as indicated by the life 360 app. After being frustrated and helpless to do anything, I'm just curious what people do with a phone like this if they find it. Because I feel like someone found it and immediately turned it off knowing it could be tracked. I have put the phone in lost mode and put my phone number and a message to call if it ever comes online. I guess that's all you can do.

    submitted by /u/shaboyagan
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 Pro with Apple Care Loss and Theft question

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 09:32 PM PDT

    So i was about to sell my wife iphone 12 pro, we have apple care with theft and loss, but the day we were on the way to sell it, we lost it. I want to try to submit a claim, but the phone don't have the apple id on it simce we wipe it out. Any advice!?

    submitted by /u/robbielarios
    [link] [comments]

    Reuse of old Apple ID email address

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 09:28 PM PDT

    Hi guys, does anyone here know how long I should wait it out until I am able to use an Apple ID email address that used to be associated with an Apple ID? I replaced the old apple id address with a generic one so I can use the email used before but it still says the email address isn't available.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Grouchy-Lake1598
    [link] [comments]

    iMac stuck on black loading screen

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 05:16 PM PDT

    I'm trying to start up my iMac and it's getting stuck on the black startup loading screen. I can't get the keyboard connected since it's turned off so I can't connect it through Bluetooth (if there's a way to connect the Bluetooth keyboard while it's off please tell me), all I have is a usb mouse. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/BurgerKingClout
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone Photos Disappeared

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 05:09 PM PDT

    I woke up this morning and saw that every photo that was in an album vanished and all the albums were left empty. Was wondering if anybody knew how to recover the missing photos. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/steven_zal
    [link] [comments]

    A little confused about iCloud photo storage, looking for some clarification.

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 04:39 PM PDT

    If my phone is set to "optimize storage" in regards to photos, and it automatically uploads my pics and videos to my iCloud, can I now delete those photos/videos off of my phone? Or will that also delete them from my iCloud?

    submitted by /u/CDNEmpire
    [link] [comments]

    What is the red dot on top of the microphone on my iPhone se 2

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 04:28 PM PDT

    I found this faint red dot on top of the microphone of my iPhone se 2 and I want to know if it's someone spying on me. My friend said it's a proximity sensor.

    submitted by /u/ExtensionAd3122
    [link] [comments]

    Phishing Scam Issue

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 08:00 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    So I clicked onto a website on safari and it came up with a "virus alert" pop up and the website was saying that I had a virus on my iPhone 8. I know these are scams but when I went to leave, I guess I clicked something as it started to redirect me to the App Store. So in a fit of anxiety, I closed safari, cleared my history and cookies, and made sure my iOS is up to date (which it is). However, I am still worried that malware may have been installed onto my device despite the low chance. So is there anything else I can do (besides a factory reset) to help?

    Note: I haven't done a backup for my phone.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Chrisn002
    [link] [comments]

    Time Capsule and WiFI Issues

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 03:08 PM PDT

    HELP PLEASE

    I have a Time Capsule A1409 that is about 10 years old. I have used it as a backup/WIFi with no issues.

    Spectrum cable came and changed the modem/router combo unit I had and gave me two separate units. I have had WiFi issues since that.

    I am wondering if the WiFi aspect of the capsule is outdated or I just need another router? Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/CenterBrained
    [link] [comments]

    My Apple Watch will not connect to my phone and I can’t unpair it from my phone. I can’t try and pair it back or unpair it and it’s like this even on wifi

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 02:35 PM PDT

    Notification sound but no message

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 06:19 PM PDT

    I was just watching youtube then I got the notification sound, nothing popped up. I rewinded the video 10 seconds to see if it was the video but it wasn't. Are there delayed notification noises because I did get a message from someone earlier but didn't hear the notification sound then.

    submitted by /u/xdClam
    [link] [comments]

    App can open window and app same time

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 02:03 PM PDT

    I have iphone se first generation and ios 10.2 never updated. Is there app I can open window or apps at the same time? Everything time I open youtube app listen music and try open window or using another app it stop playing. All I can do is open safari youtube desktop, play and close it, then open another app, but it doesn't continue play, it's inconvenient to open and play again after one song is over.

    submitted by /u/nocomplicatelife
    [link] [comments]

    I’m having trouble recovering an image on my Apple watch. The chat isn’t on my phone. I’ve tried downloading the image on my watch but it doesn’t load the image properly.

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 05:17 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel