• Breaking News

    Friday, June 17, 2022

    Apple TV Advantages of a wired connection?

    Apple TV Advantages of a wired connection?


    Advantages of a wired connection?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 01:05 PM PDT

    Are there any advantages to using a wired (Ethernet) connection over WiFi? Do you notice any improvements in buffer speeds, etc.? I just moved to a new place and have the option to use Ethernet with the Apple TV but was wondering if it's worth adding another cable in my setup.

    submitted by /u/Few-Surprise-21
    [link] [comments]

    Lightning Strike

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 07:02 AM PDT

    The short story is that I think a lightning strike may have killed my Apple TV.

    I was watching Netflix while a storm was going on outside. I know surges can be detrimental to electronics but I have my entertainment center on a good surge protector. I'm in the middle of the Three Mile Island documentary when lightning strikes somewhere close. I see a flicker in the house while hearing a loud pop (I thought a lightbulb burst) and my TV restarts. When it does, the Apple TV does not.

    I've reset my power strip, unplugged and plugged back in the Apple TV, and tried plugging it in via USB-C. No white LED. It doesn't show up when I go to my phone and try to use the Apple TV remote.

    Any suggestions? The nearest Apple Store is 2.5 hours away. I can't really do that today.

    Edit: This is a 4th Gen Apple TV (Apple TV HD/A1625).

    submitted by /u/jcates86
    [link] [comments]

    Sound quality on the Apple TV when using original homepods has gotten way worse since the introduction of the new custom player.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 09:23 AM PDT

    In the Amazon Prime Video App.

    During my testing, I have noticed that it has something to do with the pre-roll ad that shows up before any content start. That brief ad, for some reason, sounds dreadful on the homepods, like underwater, very low and muddy.

    When the actual content starts, sometimes the audio becomes way more louder and clearer... and sometimes it sounds as bad as the pre-roll ad, and you have to restart the playback for the beginning several times until the content sounds right.

    I hope I have explained myself correctly.

    submitted by /u/Branagh-Doyle
    [link] [comments]

    Sound quality on the Apple TV when using original homepods has gotten way worse since the introduction of the new custom player.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 08:53 AM PDT

    During my testing, I have noticed that it has something to do with the pre-roll ad that shows up before any content start. That brief ad, for some reason, sounds dreadful on the homepods, like underwater, very low and muddy.

    When the actual content starts, sometimes the audio becomes way more louder and clearer... and sometimes it sounds as bad as the pre-roll ad, and you have to restart the playback for the beginning several times until the content sounds right.

    I hope I have explained myself correctly.

    submitted by /u/Branagh-Doyle
    [link] [comments]

    Fluctuating brightness when playing Dolby Vision content

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 06:27 AM PDT

    I recently bought an Apple TV 4k (2021) and I've noticed that the TV brightness fluctuates a lot (specially during dark scenes) when playing any Dolby Vision content. During a dark scene, the picture will get gradually darker and darker and then the brightness would go up like crazy when the camera moves. At first I thought it was the TV (TCL Series 5 2021) but then I tried watching the same Dolby Vision content on the built-in apps and a chromecast with google tv and I didn't have any issues with the brightness. Fwiw, I use the same DV settings for all my inputs (built-in apps, chromecast and ATV).

    I've tried different high quality HDMI cables but the problem still persists. I can only get rid of this issue by forcing all the content to be SDR. I don't mind watching things in SDR since i think it looks better than DV/HDR on my TV (peak brightness <500 nits so this might explain why DV/HDR looks unimpressive on my TV) but I also would like the ATV to work as expected while watching DV.

    Has anyone encounter this same issue?

    submitted by /u/Donprepu
    [link] [comments]

    AppleTV + OG HomePod Stereo Pair + Sonos Roam?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 12:46 AM PDT

    Current setup:

    AppleTV to project via HDMI Default audio: 2 OG HomePods grouped as a stereo pair.

    I'm looking into getting a Sonos Roam for a variety of reasons (as a MB speaker via Bluetooth, as a portable speaker for other needs, etc), and am wondering if I would be able to add it to my existing ATV setup. I understand (think?) that, yes I can have the ATV play it to the Sonos via Airplay2 on my iPhone… but will there be any latency issues? Is it correctable if I'm also playing out of my HomePods?

    Does anyone have a similar setup? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/enderqh
    [link] [comments]

    RANT: YouTube in Apple TV

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 10:10 AM PDT

    I really hate the app of YouTube in Apple TV. It is so annoying that it put me an add every 2 minutes, also if I advance a video, it put me an add… it is so annoying. Sometimes the adds are of 30 seconds or a minute and it doesn't give you the option to skip it or it put you two adds one after the other and they are too short that you can't skip them.

    I can't enjoy a video anymore and I am not willing to pay YouTube premium for a lot of trash. I understand they need to profit from the app but I miss when they only put one add at the beginning and one at the end…

    I know nobody cares but I have to get it off my chest!

    submitted by /u/LItzaV
    [link] [comments]

    Apple One Premier

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 04:59 AM PDT

    One person, been paying 40 bucks a month for a while now and havent bothered to check if im being ripped off. any thoughts ladies and gents?

    submitted by /u/Relevant_Wrangler_38
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel