• Breaking News

    Sunday, April 19, 2020

    iPhone Worried my iPhone 7 may have been hacked somehow

    iPhone Worried my iPhone 7 may have been hacked somehow


    Worried my iPhone 7 may have been hacked somehow

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 09:27 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    I don't know if this is the right community to be posting this but a series of strange events happened to me in the last 24 hours. This morning, a "Millionaire Live" app showed up on my home screen - it's in my App Store purchases (it's a free app) - and I had no recollection of ever downloading it. In fact, I know I didn't. I deleted it right away. And then, later this evening, I have friends texting me left and right asking why I'm liking all their Instagram photos. Like, all at once. One after the other - and multiple people. I went to Instagram, found the "Posts You've Liked" portion and was literally refreshing the page and could see that whoever had access to my account was liking photos right there and then.

    Now immediately I freak out, change the password to everything. My Insta, my Facebook (which are connected), I check my bank account to see if anything's wonky and then I remembered the mysterious app and realized "hmm I wonder if my phone's been compromised." I changed my Apple ID password and reset all settings on my phone but has anyone ever had anything like this happen to them before? Am I out of the woods? And is there anything else I should do? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/BeanerBeans95
    [link] [comments]

    I have an iPhone 8 on sprint is there a way I can get a hotspot or share my phones internet without paying extra ??

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 11:05 PM PDT

    How do I make siri use kilometers instead of miles?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 10:58 PM PDT

    I want to start using the metric system but whenever i ask siri how far something is, she still uses miles instead of km.

    submitted by /u/shim0_
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone 7 cellular calls dosen't work

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 03:43 PM PDT

    Hi , my iphone 7 dosen't allow listen cellular call , whats app call and voice memo work flawless so i think that isn't a ic problem , cellular data and sms work ,i hanent got an originl lcd but call work before with this lcd ; i tried to hard reset and restore from itunes (not in dfu) , i think that is a bug from ios 13 this problem come whit ios 13.3.1 and ios 13.4.1

    thank for the help

    submitted by /u/eppitti
    [link] [comments]

    Is my iPhone 5 a brick?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 12:05 PM PDT

    Hoo boy...okay guys, here's a doozy.

    I have a relic of an iPhone 5 I've been using as a portable browser and occasional camera. The other day, my son decided to try the passcode enough times to bring up the notorious "Connect to iTunes" screen. Now, while I'm sad to lose the pictures, there's nothing else on there that I care about, so restore it was. Here's the problem.

    1. I reformatted my PC recently and never hooked up my iPhone to iTunes to set it up or make backups, so I'm stuck with the eternal "To allow access, please respond on your iPhone" message. ...Which I obviously can't do because it's disabled.
    2. I tried to restore, which looked like it was going just fine, but after everything was said and done and it booted back up, I'm still stuck on the disabled screen.
    3. It's not connected to any network (no SIM card), and on the disable screen, I guess it doesn't connect to WiFi; so restoring over iCloud isn't an option. (That is to say, on icloud.com/find, I can pull up the device, but it shows as "offline.")

    What options do I have left? I'm going to try putting in a working SIM card, but if that doesn't work, is there anything else I can try?

    submitted by /u/DMKomori
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone 6 screen wont stay on?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 03:42 PM PDT

    Hey guys :) My iphone 6 screen wont stay on, it gets to the apple logo but then fades I cant figure out how to fix this so i thought i'd ask, I dropped it in the toilet and had to have it repaired but up until this the phone was working like new, I tried a force reboot but that didnt do anything

    submitted by /u/Pixolium
    [link] [comments]

    Erase request

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 06:53 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I have an erase request on my iphone which is currently turned off. If I get a new phone + sim card and deactivated the sim in the lost phone, at what point does it erase when turned back on?

    My understanding is that if I do deactivate the sim and the lost iphone gets turned back on, whoever has the phone will still be able to use it/see photos etc because its not connected to the internet for the erase request to go though? Do I need to wait for the phone to be turned back on before I deactivate the sim so that it will erase?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/bbgr8grow
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone 11 heating like volcano while fast charging with 18w charger of Apple

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 10:25 AM PDT

    I am having this issue of phone heating when i start charging my phone the the fast charger. Also the phone is heating at a mild level while using social media apps Anybody can enlighten me with a solution?

    submitted by /u/SakibHossain17
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone7 won’t record/pick up external audio

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 09:24 AM PDT

    I can listen to music fine. But GarageBand won't pick up audio, neither will an app I have to tune my guitar. I tried recording a video of me talking aswell and the video plays but it did not pick up my audio. Please help. When I call someone audio does not work and the speaker option is greyed out completely.

    submitted by /u/dostarpower
    [link] [comments]

    IPhone 7 won’t connect to wifi and now won’t allow me to turn WiFi on

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 05:53 AM PDT

    I noticed my iPhone wasn't connected to WiFi and won't show any local WiFi hotspots. I restarted my phone and it didn't fix it. So I switched WiFi off and now it won't allow me to switch it back on, it's just greyed out.

    Any suggestions on how to fix this? Or will I need to go to the Apple store or Verizon?

    submitted by /u/ExtremePotatoFanatic
    [link] [comments]

    XR VPN issue

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 08:45 AM PDT

    Need help with my iPhone Xr. Her phone keeps switching the VPN. Between the wifi and data. Aka this is leading her phone to only be able to call and text. We've shut down and did airplane mode. What the google/apple recommend Any ideas of what we should do?

    submitted by /u/Alabaster13
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone XS screen problem

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 08:23 AM PDT

    I got out of the shower and drops of water were falling down on my screen while I was using my iPhone. The screen froze for a second and horizontal green lines appeared. Immediately after that the screen went black, but the phone was, and is, still working. I hear the sound of notifications and phone calls. The only thing I noticed is that everytime the screen is supposed to light up a green screen appears for a split second and then goes black again. I recently had a similiar problem where I spilled some water on my phone and my iPhone started restarting every 3-5 minutes. It somehow fixed itself (I suppose the water evaporated). What are the chances of my phone surviving now?

    submitted by /u/MEGAKUFTE
    [link] [comments]

    My phone keeps turning the screen off with no warning

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 07:26 AM PDT

    It doesn't look even fade a bit before doing it

    submitted by /u/arctfox0
    [link] [comments]

    Screen recording audio need to recover!

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 07:02 AM PDT

    Hi there! My sister screen recorded an important FaceTime call but forgot to put the sound on. I've searched a bunch of threads on the internet but no luck. Was wondering if anyone knows if the audio can be recovered? Like a secret setting or whatever ); thank you 😩

    submitted by /u/chlokami
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone alarm comes on at 0905 every morning

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 05:52 AM PDT

    Hi, I have recently purchased the iPhone Xr from mobilephonesdirect. The iPhone has software version 13.3.1.

    As mentioned, my iPhone alarm goes off every morning without fail at 9.05am. I have no alarm set for this time and never have. The only alarm I have set it for 8am when I wake up. Every time I click the alarm it takes me to the clock app with no sign of a 0905 alarm?

    Hope someone can help with this as it's very frustrating, especially at work.

    Just a extra note, the alarm never makes any noise, it just vibrates my phone for a short time and stops.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/zakii5
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel