• Breaking News

    Friday, April 9, 2021

    Apple iOS Show your Homescreen iOS Thread

    Apple iOS Show your Homescreen iOS Thread


    Show your Homescreen iOS Thread

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 03:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly Show your Homescreen iOS support thread for /r/iOS. Join our Discord room for support: DiscordNote: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience. Here is an archive of all previous "iOS Support Thread" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"iOS Support Thread"](without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Admits Why It Keeps iMessage Off Android

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 06:22 PM PDT

    14.4.2 Bug. Alarm and Timer don’t ring

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 05:28 AM PDT

    Got late to work today and I just thought I didn't hear my alarm.

    Now I checked again and there's no sound and no notification on the screen when my alarm clock or the timer is supposed to go off.

    Sound is on 100%, Mute switch is off, do not disturb is off and I tried different alarm sounds.

    After rebooting the phone it some who worked again, but who knows for how long.

    Does anyone know what caused this?

    submitted by /u/whuffoskygod
    [link] [comments]

    Why do notifications keep coming when mobile data turned off

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 05:27 AM PDT

    This keeps happening to me and it's not even that bad, I'm just wondering why it works:

    When turning off mobile data for some apps (e.g. Instagram) and also turning off wifi, I still get notifications that require an internet connection (something like: x liked your post). How does that work?

    submitted by /u/tllfrhf
    [link] [comments]

    “Siri, start recording.”

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 06:52 AM PDT

    Seems strange that iOS does not yet feature a "start recording" or "start filming" function. I saw in the news this guy created a Shortcut for when you're pulled over. But on the less litigious side of user experience, I'd like a native feature that allows me to initiate filming by voice command for when my dog does funny shit.

    https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/16/us/iphone-police-shortcut-record-trnd/index.html

    submitted by /u/ramblinsam
    [link] [comments]

    App slides in from the roght

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 06:31 AM PDT

    Have you discovered the same on 14.4.2?

    Seems a little strange to me.

    submitted by /u/redds7
    [link] [comments]

    I created a Swift Package that helps you align SwiftUI views effortlessly - I would love to hear some feedback on it!

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 01:10 AM PDT

    Smart battery case

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 01:07 AM PDT

    For smart battery case users, do you charge your phone every night? Every other night? Does optimized charging work?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/froppo8402
    [link] [comments]

    my iphone randomly installed an app

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 02:13 AM PDT

    it didnt ask me or anything i didnt even look for it i just caught it installing on my home screen

    this was after my friend asked me to presave his song on a website that i signed into my itunes acc with

    and then when i bought the song it didnt appear on my phone

    i ofc changed the pw, signed out of all devices, and requested for the acc to be deleted

    also i took off the cc info

    is there anything more i need to do for my phone's security or is it ok now?

    submitted by /u/winterblancoo
    [link] [comments]

    iMessage audio/voice recording question

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 07:45 AM PDT

    If I play someone's audio imessage recording again (say, a few days after it was sent), does it notify the sender in anyway?

    submitted by /u/tejasdeb8
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to set calls/texts from certain contacts to be audible (even through silent or DND mode)?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 07:41 AM PDT

    I tend to keep my phone on vibrate and DND overnight but I'd like to make exceptions if there are any emergencies. I realize iOS won't provide this but maybe an app?

    submitted by /u/djhurryupnbuy
    [link] [comments]

    Constant “server stopped responding” message while browsing on XS Max

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 07:29 AM PDT

    I have been having the server stopped responding error on my phone using Safari and Chrome. This happens on or off wifi. The only temp solution has been resetting Network settings, but it keeps happening. I've reset, restarted, and even replaced my XS Max at the Apple Store, no resolution. I just replaced my SIM card with my carrier, no resolution. I'm at my wits end with this. Everyday I have to reset network settings. I'm on T-Mobile. Does anyone know of this is a carrier issue? I'm willing to bail and go to Verizon or AT&T. Is this an iPhone issue? This wasn't happening when I first got the phone, this is a recent thing. I'd say as of December or so. Does anyone have any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/ThreeKidneys
    [link] [comments]

    What happens if I send someone money through iMessage, if they don't have Apple wallet set up?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 07:27 AM PDT

    I want to gift someone money but don't want to ask if they have wallet set up before doing it lol.

    submitted by /u/testuser1500
    [link] [comments]

    iOS remote to avoid neck/elbow pain

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 12:56 AM PDT

    Okay so this is going to sound like peak laziness/something out of WALL-E so I'm expecting a bit of ridicule here/downvotes but I want to get this out of my brain and move on with my life.

    I often find my overuse of my phone leads to neck ache/sometimes even elbow ache. It leads to poor posture and there is even the phenomenon of "phone elbow".

    Now you might say "use your phone less" and I don't disagree. But the fact is, it ain't happening for a lot of people, they will use their phone either way.

    What if you had a phone stand that put the phone in front of your face while you're sitting on the couch, and a handheld trackpad-type remote that allowed you to do the mindless scrolling (kind of like an Apple tv remote). I would totally use that product when just sitting in my living room. The thing is, Im gonna use my phone either way, why not do it in a way that promotes better posture?

    It wouldn't work for all types of activity, but for things like insta, reddit, tiktok that mostly just require scrolling/tapping, why not.

    submitted by /u/CanineMagick
    [link] [comments]

    IPhone 11- my screen gets VERY dark sometimes, but says brightness is all the way up

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 03:57 PM PDT

    More and more recently my phone will just get extremely dark. It's as though it's on the lowest setting, but it shows that it's set to max brightness. When I slide it down at all it turns black. Any suggestions?? It comes and goes. But right now it's very bad. I can barely type this paragraph because I really can't see what's going on on my screen!

    submitted by /u/leidavis
    [link] [comments]

    Apps Crashing immediately

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 11:01 PM PDT

    I just got a iPhone 11 and a couple of apps like Minecraft (which I just bought) are crashing right as I open it. I had the same issue with the game cut the rope and Minecraft earth on my old iPhone 7 so I thought of downloading cut the rope and Minecraft earth on my new phone and it also crashes. I have a feeling that it may have something to do with my account and not exactly with the phone since it has been an issue now on two different phones. Does anyone have any clue as to what could be causing the issue?

    I've tried restarting my phone and reinstalling the apps.

    submitted by /u/miterminator
    [link] [comments]

    How to change the default backup app

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 08:06 PM PDT

    I thought this was better to post here, but I originally posted in the r/iphone subreddit, here's my question:

    I have an iPhone and I notice that my daily backups are automatically routed to the iCloud servers. I have a Synology NAS at home, and I want to change my daily backups default to the NAS instead of the iCloud servers. I don't find any way to change the default app in the Settings, is there any way I can do this?

    submitted by /u/CouRageRC
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 15 can combine Face ID and Touch ID

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 04:01 AM PDT

    iMessage texts green.

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 04:43 PM PDT

    Hi! My texts turned green and said "Sent as a Text Message". Does this mean I'm blocked? The person I'm trying to text has an apple phone so the texts are usually blue and say delivered.

    When I call him it still rings though (if that means anything).

    If I text anybody else it's still blue. I also tested this out on my mom's phone.. I blocked my contact from her phone and when I texted the bubble was blue and said delivered but my phone never got the text.

    I feel like I'm just overthinking and his phone died or something, but he has a history of blocking me so I'm not sure.

    Please help me out!

    submitted by /u/mahi15
    [link] [comments]

    Possible to automatically close apps after screen has been off for x minutes?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 02:26 AM PDT

    I always wondered. If my device is sleeping for more than 10 minutes, I usually will not use it for more than a few hours and when I come back I want to start with a clean slate.

    No background apps open as I always just have to slide them all away to get rid of the visual clutter.

    submitted by /u/InnerPersonality787
    [link] [comments]

    Black color doesn’t look black on my iPhone 12 pro anymore

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 11:24 PM PDT

    When i try to view to view a completely black picture, the screen looks greenish (i know they haven't rectified the green tint issue) but after a few seconds the screen flickers and it turns deep black and turns greenish back again. Is it because of the green tint issue or am I having a screen issue? Anyone having the same issue?

    submitted by /u/KSKalyan
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 14.4.2 on iPhone 6 - complete nightmare. Any solutions?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 10:44 AM PDT

    Hi everyone. Posting my story here to find some advice and tips on how to get out if this situation. I have an iPhone 6S which used to work perfectly fine, changed it in 2018 last time and never had any issues with it. Until I upgraded the software to iOS 14 - and especially to the last update iOS 14.4.2. My iPhone can't stay unplugged from the charger for more than 10 minutes: it shuts itself down even with the battery at 100%, and the battery goes down completely (I plug it back to charge and it starts at 1%). Tried turning off wifi, data, and even using it in battery save mode - nothing changes. The battery was changed 6 months ago and I'm sure it's not the issue because it still has 99% life. Additionally, the touch became super slow and laggy, even when typing. Taking pictures without being plugged to the charger is impossible. Apps are crashing, and they are generally super slow. Wishing I had never upgraded, are there any solutions? I really don't want to change phone right now, all this is really infuriating. Thanks for any advice!

    submitted by /u/93CiCii
    [link] [comments]

    Unreliable iCloud mail push notifications on iOS

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 06:48 PM PDT

    Problem with hey siri

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 02:39 PM PDT

    Anyone having issues with Siri responding even when not called? I'm on 14.4.2

    submitted by /u/KSKalyan
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel