• Breaking News

    Friday, April 9, 2021

    Apple TV Weekly "What are you watching on your Apple TV" discussion

    Apple TV Weekly "What are you watching on your Apple TV" discussion


    Weekly "What are you watching on your Apple TV" discussion

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 08:00 AM PDT

    Anything you view or consume media wise is fair game

    submitted by /u/redditisnowtwitter
    [link] [comments]

    Best TV show of 2020 is back underway for a new season

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 11:07 PM PDT

    I'm an Android guy without any iDevices, but my Apple TV is far more superior than my Android TV.

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 12:16 PM PDT

    How do you adjust volume for best sound quality when there are multiple volume controls?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 03:12 AM PDT

    I'm sure many of you have wondered about this. I recently bought some good speakers to use with my TV. Now this leaves me with three volume controls:

    1. On the TV itself
    2. On the Apple TV
    3. On the speakers

    Of the three, it seems to me the Apple TV is by far the most responsive, so I currently keep TV / Speaker at medium volume and only use the Apple TV control. Is that the best way?

    submitted by /u/antimofm
    [link] [comments]

    'The Problem with Jon Stewart' Jon Stewart Sets Title, Launch Plans for Apple Series (Exclusive)

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 03:14 AM PDT

    Apple TV 4K dropping network connection - any ideas?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 06:30 PM PDT

    One of my two Apple TV 4K's has just started having a problem maintaining a network connection. This problem just started yesterday, it's been fine so far in the six months or so since I purchased it. The settings show that I am still connected to the same network I always have been, but no content will load on any channel. All other devices connected to the network are maintaining a connection just fine, including my other Apple TV 4K.Sometimes (And I say that sparingly) restarting the device will get the network connection to work briefly, but by the time I watch one episode of anything it's been dropped again. Sometimes I need to restart it 5+ times before it will pick up the network. I've restarted the device, rebooted my modem and router, and forgot the network on the device and reconnected to it - none of it makes any difference. Anyone have any suggestions what else I could try? The state it's in right now, it's essentially unusable.

    submitted by /u/MrF33n3y
    [link] [comments]

    No Dolby Vision from AppleTV Xbox app?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 09:15 PM PDT

    Purchased titles show Dolby Vision support, but the app won't output it.

    The Disney+ Xbox app outputs Dolby Vision beautifully from the same console. I have a 100mbit fibre connection. Xbox's "4K TV details" screen shows all green ticks.

    Is this a known issue? Thanks

    submitted by /u/grolschie
    [link] [comments]

    Tom Holland to Star in Apple Anthology Series ‘Crowded Room’ From Akiva Goldsman

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 09:13 AM PDT

    Apple needs to shut down the sports tab of the Apple TV app

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 06:54 PM PDT

    The Apple TV app is fantastic in every way that doesn't involve sports, but the sports tab has just gotten worse and worse. There's only 2 streaming providers that somewhat support it and half the time it won't launch the correct channel or even won't launch the app. The only way it works somewhat well is when you use the individual apps but those have lots of problems too. There's random apps like peacock that don't support the sports tab, or Hulu even though it now includes ESPN+, it'll still force you to launch the ESPN app. For some reason it doesn't have the Fox sports app as the app to use for Games on Fox sports, it forces you to launch the Foxnow app. Sometimes it will just show random games on the front screen and it's almost impossible to find the game you're looking for. Pretty much I feel like if they're not going to significantly improve it then they just need to get rid of it because it's a waste of space.

    submitted by /u/alpacapoop
    [link] [comments]

    AppleTV 4K input to Visio M558 no Dolby Atmos

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 02:12 PM PDT

    Setup: Vizio TV Arc out to Vizio sound bar.

    When I plug the Apple TV into the Visio TV no Dolby Atmos to sound bar, only Dolby. When I plug FireTV Cube into Visio TV, cube passes Dolby Atmos to sound bar. Why would Cube pass Atmos to sound bar but not the AppleTV 4K?. I have high speed HDMI cables and all settings are correct. If I plug the AppleTV directly into the Vizio sound bar, I get Dolby Atmos.

    submitted by /u/DonLKraft
    [link] [comments]

    'Falcon and Winter Soldier’ Star Adepero Oduye Joins Hurricane Katrina Series at Apple

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 12:32 PM PDT

    A new Apple TV 4K

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 10:53 PM PDT

    Just purchased a brand new Apple TV 4K to use with a Samsung Smart TV, what are some tips and tricks I need to know to get the best possible experience? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Rick-Deckard7
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV Needs iMessage Integration

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 11:40 PM PDT

    Does anyone know if this is a feature that others have requested or Apple has discussed internally or publicly?

    iMessage is synced across all of my  devices except my Apple TV. I should be able to watch a movie without having to pick up my iPhone every time a text message comes through. It'd be nice for them to pop up on my TV screen and allow me to easily turn that feature off when I have others watching television with me. As an added bonus, when people send videos and photos they're right there on your big screen for immediate viewing in large HD format.

    It can't be that difficult to add this feature to my $200 Apple TV. After all, for that price I could put a Fire TV Stick 4K in every bedroom of a 5 bedroom home. TV:🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 Yeah…I gotta buy a 5 bedroom home first, but still...just saying.🤷

    submitted by /u/bighoopla
    [link] [comments]

    Hulu App using massive amounts of data while sleeping

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 07:08 AM PDT

    Turns out the Hulu app is using a Lot of data if left open when my appletv is put to sleep.

    Last month I went over my 1.2 Tb data cap for the first time and started looking into why, I first narrowed it down to a particular appletv (4k), and through some trial and error found out that if I had the Hulu app open and used the tv button to put all connected devices to sleep, immediately the appletv would start downloading Something at the rate of 1.5 -2.5 Mb/s. It would do this until about 4:30 in the morning when it would suddenly stop.

    The AppleTV is up to date, never noticed it happening before last month and can't seem to find anything about elsewhere, so I was wondering if anyone else had similar problems?

    The only fix I have for now is remembering to close the app before shutting everything off, which isn't the best long term solution.

    submitted by /u/taylen123
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV app and VUDU

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 06:38 AM PDT

    I have movies on my VUDU account and my Apple TV app has those on my list (they are linked)

    I have read that Apple TV has a better streaming quality. If I watch one of my movies I bought on VUDU in the Apple TV app, will it be a better quality resolution?

    submitted by /u/DrLm13
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV 4K Hogging Data while on Sleep Mode

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 11:42 AM PDT

    My apple tv 4K is consuming a lot of data while on sleep mode (about 6 GB an hour). Has anyone else had this issue before?

    I had unusual data usage on my ISP's data usage tracker. I upgraded my router to an eero from Airport timecapsule to specifically track this. It seems the culprit is Apple TV 4K. This started happening a month ago (as I know of - according to unusual data usage on my ISP's data tracker).

    Here's a screenshot from my router

    update: The problem seems to be when I play a video on any app (I tested this with disney plus and Prime video app on apple tv and apple tv 4k) and pause, then long press to put it to sleep(without exiting the app), it consumes data while on sleep mode. I tested this multiple times and the issue seems to be happening every time I do this on both the Apple TVs

    submitted by /u/dimonddog
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV 4K tvOS 14.5 won’t play sound

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 11:40 AM PDT

    Ok so I'm gonna try not to make this confusing. My Apple TV just stopped playing sound out of my tv, but if I connect another product like my xbox to my tv it plays sound normally so there can't be a problem with my tv. But if I connect my Apple TV to another tv it plays sound normally so I'm really confused 😂. I've tried changing HDMI cables, I've tried restarting it, I tried changing my default audio output, and I messed around with the audio format and audio mode, I even reset my ATV but nothing changed.

    submitted by /u/simoes_
    [link] [comments]

    YouTube Adblock and sponsor skip without jailbreak.

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 05:23 PM PDT

    ... is impossible, but you can get pretty damned close with a jailbroken iPhone/iPad & airplay.

    1. install iSponsorblock to automatically skip sponsorship segments
    2. install to utopia
    3. Removes home feed ads
    4. Removes in-video ads
    5. Enables background playback
    6. A functional DRM bypass
    7. from YouTube app hit cast button & select airplay & Bluetooth devices ( not link to tv or YouTube on tv).

    There is a dev working on injecting tweaks into .IPAs you can sideload... but until then this is the 2nd best solution after paying YouTube.

    submitted by /u/mule_roany_mare
    [link] [comments]

    What happens if you do NOT match framerate on ATV4K?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 05:02 PM PDT

    I have an LG CX, and I've always matched frame rate and dynamic range. I've been fiddling a lot with the motion interpolation settings to try and reduce stutter without too much soap opera effect.

    So, what does the ATV4K do if do NOT match frame rate? I know it feeds the tv a 60fps signal, but is the ATV doing any motion interpolation on it's own to get there? Or is it doing simple 3:2 pulldown?

    submitted by /u/elias4444
    [link] [comments]

    Tehran Theme Song - a Middle Eastern James Bond?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 04:50 PM PDT

    Does anyone else feel like a James Bondesque character is going to jump out of nowhere during the theme song? The theme song is so amazing.. I get so psyched when it starts!

    submitted by /u/InevitableTeaching35
    [link] [comments]

    First and foremost, I am glad the YourTube app changed their videos from "published X months/years ago" to the actual published data. Also, if you add the YouTube to the top bar, you get a rather cool background.

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 07:40 AM PDT

    The Mosquito Coast — Official Trailer | Apple TV+ April 30

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 06:22 AM PDT

    14.5.1 No Output to any TV

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 06:47 AM PDT

    My ATV (not 4k) did an auto update to 14.5.1. Since then I cannot get it to output to any of my TVs. I have tired different HDMI cables as well. I have tried changing the TV frame rate\pixel. It is turning on and if I press the Home button and press it turns off. So, it's as if the software is booting up properly. I have tried to restore with an few IPSWs I download online with no luck. (backwards and forwards) . Any other suggestions?

    submitted by /u/MasterGator80
    [link] [comments]

    Still got 24fps sync issues

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 12:59 AM PDT

    Still can't get 24fps content to play in sync with the audio. through my Denon 3700 when everything else is 100% fine.

    One question I have is the wireless sync option. I understand you need to set the ATV to 24fps then run the sync - but how? I have no option in settings for 24fps and the only time it goes to 24fps is when I play a movie?

    I've spend £100s on movies and just want to watch them in sync at 24fps :-(

    submitted by /u/rendez2k
    [link] [comments]

    home sharing in music app?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 02:17 PM PDT

    is it possible to use home sharing through the music app instead of the computers app? or does this require Apple Music subscription? thanks

    submitted by /u/ndszz
    [link] [comments]

    Songpopparty game center issue

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 08:42 AM PDT

    So i downloaded the new version of songpop party from apple arcade on my apple tv and everytime i start it up it says that game center is not enabled i cannot play arena or party because of this anyone has a solution?

    submitted by /u/Virreyumi
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel