• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 10, 2020

    Apple Help Why is this happening? There’s nothing left to delete anymore. That’s over 50 percent if my storage. I can’t even do the backup refresh then reset because I don’t have enough storage to.

    Apple Help Why is this happening? There’s nothing left to delete anymore. That’s over 50 percent if my storage. I can’t even do the backup refresh then reset because I don’t have enough storage to.


    Why is this happening? There’s nothing left to delete anymore. That’s over 50 percent if my storage. I can’t even do the backup refresh then reset because I don’t have enough storage to.

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 07:04 AM PDT

    Can someone use find my if you just use their account for login in the app Store on your device?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 08:49 PM PDT

    Hey guys I just had a query, can someone use find my if you just use their account for login in the app Store and not for the whole device in the settings.

    submitted by /u/denkster69
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Pro MPHG2X/A iPadOS bug in Files App iOS 14.0.1

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 09:53 PM PDT

    There is an inbuilt times in the iPadOS that triggers every 180 seconds. When this event triggers, if I have Apple Apps Files, Numbers or Pages loaded the data source "On My IPad" moves from wherever I have put it in the the sort order to the bottom of the list, immediately above the "Recently deleted" source. The system then selects the "iCloud Drive" source. It makes no difference where the "On My iPad" and "iCloud Drive" source is placed in the sort order. If iCloud Drive source is not activated the system seems to still try and select this source and the right hand side of the screen is blank. This problem is not evident on my other iPad so may be limited to my model or only others with cellular access. Rebooting does not help. Any suggestions on how we get Apple to address this issue?

    submitted by /u/ScruffyJohn
    [link] [comments]

    MBP'16 ticket open for 3months and 35days ��‍♀️

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 09:31 PM PDT

    Before I start we need to set some ground rules:

    1)It concerns MBP16 throttling to the point of being useless - example CIV6 running at 8-15FPS

    2) This is not a cry for help in order for anyone to teach me or redirect me to a source that would instruct me how use or tweak my HW in a specific way to make stuff work. I can read and have been reading - the best solutions are putting thermal pads on VRM's and tweaking min clock rate in GPU BIOS under Windows in order to make it tick faster.

    3) My laptop worked perfectly for the first 4 months then the problems started. I only wanted my computer to work the way it has worked initially. Now that will not cut it anymore.

    4) I have even bought a NEW 16in MBP and ran them side by side to prove my computer has an issue.

    After the ground rules have been set I'll keep it KISS:

    1. Computer works fine. FCPX, Adobe Premiere, LR, Photoshop that I use for work - operate fine. Computer is speedy and fast - the one I have been waiting for.
    2. COVID crisis hits my work and I have to stay inside, being a ProPhotographer not much to do besides edit my old work and try finish games I've wanted to wrap up for ages. Computer is properly ventilated and I manage to play all the titles I want to play in 40FPS+ which for a causal gamer that enjoys exploration and single players more than competitive play is more than enough.
    3. After a while and down the road of some macOS updates the things start to change and the computer is unable to play any of the games at previous levels with same settings with no change on my end.
    4. Reading a lot about this specific subset of issues and learn about - ThrottleSTOP, ProcessLasso, Afterburner, Drivers, BIOS, Thermal Paste, IntelXTU and more.
    5. Most approaches that yield results made by people voids warranty. I have 3 years of AppleCare+ on the device and decide to take it up with Apple because my computer used to work properly and now it does not.
    6. Throttling starting from macOS where my workflow gets noticeably slower and computer progressively louder. Confirmed under Windows with Afterburner that shows the GPU to work normally and then glues itself on 300MHZ and moves nowhere from there. CPU under macOS tends to dip and keep a clock rate of 1.6-1.9GHZ confirmed by iStatMenus.
    7. Tests ran on macOS that can present issue in a visible way is Unigine Heaven as that was the benchmark used to portray performance of the Mac in online test and benchmarks. Results on my Mac, regardless of whether I am running it on a fully clean install - by that I mean - scrub the internal HDD clean and install the OS from Internet recovery running only the benchmark or from the Live system(Catalina that is the daily driver) that has now been residing on external SSD for months (same results were in place when Live version of the OS was used on the internal SSD). T2 chip computers are unable to be restored to the stock OS. This is the information Apple Genius bar not the phone support seem to know and insisted that I run things again regardless of me telling them that the computer keeps on installing the latest OS regardless of reinstall approach. The tests conducted in AppleStore resulted in techs on the spot finding the issue with a detached speaker and even though they could visibly see on the screen what was happening - were unable to do anything about it as it seems that computer has no issues on their tests.
    8. Test results - Online Benchmarks - 51.1 FPS Avg. Brand NEW Mac I bought running macOS Catalina 10.15.4 - 5 consecutive runs - 51.1FPS, 6th run dips to FPS48.8. My Mac - 1st run 48.8, 2nd - 30-33fps, 3rd 25-28fps, 4th 23-27fps, 5th 18-25fps, 6th 8-14fps. Tests were ran again every time a new update was released. Results vary in minimal amount.
    9. Videos of how tests are being conducted have been recorded and uploaded besides the Capture data required by the Apple Support. Every request from AppleSupport has been fulfilled within 24h. I have been assigned no less than 8 different advisors with only 3 following up on their obligations and promises while the others have been a total flop. One even said engineering team suggested that I get an eGPU if I want GFX performance, meaning that they completely missed the point - I wanted my computer to perform the same as when bought not to perform better.
    10. If anyone has any knowledge of direct emails of heads of CS in any region so I can reach out with the issue as it is costing me both money and time - I would appreciate in PM. This does not make any sense any more that I have proven to have an issue and nothing is happening.
    11. The drastic under performance of the computer can not be attributed to - Mac always run slower mantra - because I do know the difference between me accepting some throttling with every Mac machine I buy compared to the uselessness I am dealing right now. If the community was more fierce in making a stance that this approach of neutered performance is not acceptable, they would most likely deal with it already.
    12. If you want data, I have data to share at the ready. I am in China as well as my server so availably may vary but can be done.

    Regards, CBS

    submitted by /u/CyanobacterialSin
    [link] [comments]

    Printer no longer sees my iMac (Catalina 10.15.7)

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 05:38 PM PDT

    Ever since upgrading to Catalina, my iMac no longer sees my printer. It is an HP Photosmart 7520 and it is connected to my wireless network. I have tried everything from downloading a new driver from HP, restarting both machines.

    Help?

    submitted by /u/coffenut
    [link] [comments]

    Odd Bluetooth connection!!! Why is my iPhone connected to a device called ‘iPhone’? Doesn’t give me the option to forget device. I just have to turn off Bluetooth. Sometimes it’s there. Sometimes it’s not.

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 09:07 PM PDT

    I keep getting FaceTime calls even when I hang up

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 08:48 PM PDT

    I am using the IOS 14, and I usually get FaceTime calls from my group. But, even if I disable alerts, I still get constant calls. I've tried rebooting, and even accepting the call and hanging up, but I still get calls. Is this a random glitch or is it an actual feature of FACETIME?

    submitted by /u/jaydawwwg
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone trade in question??

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 04:35 PM PDT

    If my screen has 1/4 to 1/2 inch scratch on the screen will that affect the trade in value to Apple? Everything else is fine and works. I can feel it with my nail

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/squirrellydw
    [link] [comments]

    Outlook has taken over my contacts.

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 08:04 PM PDT

    All of my contacts have ms-outlook/people with a very long number after it. Then in a note section is a note saying this is read only. It is on every contact, one time to many times. I use Apple utilities but experimented with outlook once. Now I have this every where. Can anyone help me get rid of this extra stuff?

    submitted by /u/marsha12151
    [link] [comments]

    Wall plug buzzing?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 04:11 PM PDT

    I have an iPhone XR and iPad 10.2". I don't have the charger that came with the XR anymore and have been using a generic one off Amazon. Today I noticed the wall plug part of it was hot so I took it off, then plugged in my iPad's wall plug combined with the Amazon braided charger. Anyway, I've noticed with both wall plugs, they make a buzzing sound when they're plugged in, regardless of the outlet.

    I'm wondering if that's normal? It's not the outlets themselves buzzing (I keep an eye on them as some don't work, old apartment) but the wall plugs.

    submitted by /u/dudewithtea
    [link] [comments]

    Unnecessary fan usage on a Macbook Air

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 07:16 PM PDT

    So for the past couple of days my laptop's fan has been starting right when I turn it on, it'll always be on max fan speed. But the thing is, my mac isn't even the slightest bit warm, it's just normal temperature, So it doesn't even need the fans right now. I've done the SMC reset many times but it doesn't stop the fans. I tried to unscrew the mac to see if I can unplug the fans, then I realized the screwdriver I had was too big. Sometimes if i'm lucky the fans wont start up right away, they'll start up after I close the screen then open the screen or when goes to sleep and I wake it up again.

    I would appreciate any help!

    submitted by /u/Salamence-is-afk
    [link] [comments]

    Notes vanished when iCloud synced?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 07:12 PM PDT

    An important note I just made vanished from my phone when it started syncing with iCloud. It's not in recently deleted or showing up in iCloud and I don't know how to recover it.

    submitted by /u/HyperFoxx
    [link] [comments]

    Can I save my computer’s photos to iCloud to appear on my iDevices?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 07:06 PM PDT

    Windows to be exact.

    Possible with a Mac?

    submitted by /u/Avocadosandtomatoes
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with background reset

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 07:02 PM PDT

    Problem with background restart

    Can anyone help me with my background restart (shift key while MacBook starts up.)

    I play a online game on my computer that seems to be interfered with by some external background process going on with my computer. Whenever I do a background reset, the game works again.

    The only problem is that every time I do the background reset my computer starts some sort of weird screen glitch where everything is very laggy and glitchy and slow.

    If I reset it my computer after that, it goes back to normal but than the game won't start up again.

    submitted by /u/tuckerb13
    [link] [comments]

    Restoring Time Machine backup from HFS+ to APFS?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 07:01 PM PDT

    Is this possible? Caveat here is it's on a mid-2009 MB Pro with a Catalina upgrade shoehorned on with dosdude1's patcher. The High Sierra time machine backup was made with the the MBP SDD formatted with HFS+. I tried the migration assistant app in Catalina and it froze up numerous times using an USB HD with the mounted time machine image. BTW, the MBP works just fine with Catalina other than the migration assistant app.

    submitted by /u/philhodge
    [link] [comments]

    The "in 1 m" notification issue

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 06:45 PM PDT

    I have an Iphone 8 Plus running 13.1.2, i've never had any problems with it. Except, the other day i suddenly noticed that my notifications (other apps not just imessage) say "in 1 min" then quickly switch to "now" instead of just saying now as soon as i get it. i googled it and apparently this is a glitch in the older model iphones/older updates in the past? but i could'nt find anyone who still had this problem at this point (with my model or IOS) Is this just a harmless glitch? Or could something happen to my phone? What could be causing this?

    submitted by /u/icemango1996
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to stop the iPhone autoplaying Apple Music when I start my car?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 06:36 AM PDT

    I always want to listen to my podcast and the same song pops on every time when I start rolling. Even if I hit play on my podcast before I move, it stops it to play Apple Music. Urgh.

    submitted by /u/Skazzyskills
    [link] [comments]

    how to add a phone number? (ipad)

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 01:59 PM PDT

    i'm trying to add my trusted phone number as my actual phone number, but i can't enter a code since i dont have the phone number saved on my contacts, any help?

    submitted by /u/TyPcL
    [link] [comments]

    Technology illiterate mom’s iPhone 7 mic is choppy. Will this workaround work?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 05:23 PM PDT

    Mom has an iPhone 7, when she calls me or anyone else, her audio is choppy despite being able to hear me or anyone else speaking perfectly clear. FaceTime has the same issue. Same issue occurs on speakerphone.

    I can't troubleshoot it over the phone with her using Voice Memo and it'll take an irrational amount of time guiding her through. I've managed to guide her through disabling Noise Cancellation, sort of helped. As far as I know I think it's a hardware issue. All buttons are available (nothing is grayed out). Sorry don't know the iOS either.

    If I got her wired Apple earbuds that come with a microphone, could that bypass the potentially faulty internal mic? This is the easiest and simplest workaround I can think off. A $319 out of warranty repair at an Apple store is not an option.

    Thanks!!!

    submitted by /u/Broken_Perfectionist
    [link] [comments]

    i need some way to find my ipad.

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 04:48 PM PDT

    today i accidentally fell asleep for almost a hour and my ipad disappeared and my stepmom denied it and said she doesn't know either and i don't have track locating on my ipad so i can't find it, does anyone know what to do?

    submitted by /u/Thebeginnerartis
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro Retina 2015 randomly throttling when external screen connected

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 10:45 AM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    For some time, my Macbook experiences some issues. I don't really know what's happening and my extensive searches over the internet don't seem to be successful for me.

    Here's the configuration that creates issues:

    - Macbook Pro Retina mid 2015, I have it since 2016 and it works like a charm;

    - Samsung U24E590 4k monitor (connected by thunderbolt).

    Most of the time, everything is smooth and runs like normal. But at least once per session, the fans begin to spin like crazy, everything slows down and the Mac starts throttling. It does that for like 20 or 30 minutes, then it stops and goes back to normal.

    I could determine that it has something do to with the external monitor because:

    - It never happens without the external screen connected;

    - When I unplug it, it stops;

    - If I plug the external monitor again a few minutes later (during the 20-30 minutes timeframe), it begins again;

    - Just turning the monitor off also works to stop the issue.

    Some precisions:

    - It does that whatever I'm doing. Sometimes I'm browsing, sometimes I'm producing music, sometimes I'm just writing emails, etc. I could not determine if a particular program triggers that behaviour. Also, whatever I'm doing, it ALWAYS stops when turning off the external screen;

    - The scheme is always the same: It begins randomly, does it for 20-30 minutes straight, then stops;

    - The issue also appears with almost no load. With no app open and if I let the Macbook idling without touching it, it also happens;

    - It works perfectly other than that even with heavy load.

    I included a bunch of screenshots here ( https://imgur.com/a/h599BNk ) coming from iStats. You can see it began at circa 18:48, I unpluged the monitor at 19:07, replugged it at 19:11, then it stopped by itself at 19:15 and everything got back to normal. Absolutely nothing from my usage changed when the issue began (I was in front of my Macbook but doing something else, it was idling).

    Does somebody have a clue of what's happening ? Or can tell what I should look for when it's happening ?

    Thank you very much for your help !

    EDIT: Forgot the screenshots...

    submitted by /u/oberkvlt
    [link] [comments]

    Question regarding the Apple music/iTunes app on Mac

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 04:33 PM PDT

    Is there any way to sort a playlist on the app by artist name and then manually restructure the songs? I have a bunch of music stored locally that I make playlists for. I put the music in these playlists randomly, but I would like to sort them by artist to clean then up, and then make changes manually to rearrange certain songs. Is this possible? I know when sorting, if I sort by artist name, it doesn't allow me to then rearrange any songs, and of course it doesn't "stick" so when I do want to change any songs around, I must sort it back to the playlist sorting how the playlists were created, but then of course its no longer sorted by artist at all. Any help would be nice if this is possible

    submitted by /u/AllAboutGadgets
    [link] [comments]

    I have an apple ID for me and my son(under 16) is on it because of his age? How to keep seperate?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 04:32 PM PDT

    So, I have an Apple ID that I used. When my son got his Iphone, I attempted to get him his own ID, but was unable due to his age. I am going to be getting my own Iphone and would like to keep our "accounts/apps/seperate". Is this possible? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/sandman5512
    [link] [comments]

    Do I need to replace the LCD screen if my glass is cracked? IPad Pro gen 2 10.5”

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 04:06 PM PDT

    I know for some iOS products, if the glass is cracked the entire LCD display has to be replaced along with it, but I am not sure which products that is the case for. I have a 10.5" gen 2 iPad pro with a cracked glass. The LCD display looks fine though. Will I need to replace that to fix the glass?

    submitted by /u/Repairednale
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel