• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 11, 2020

    Apple Macbook My first MacBook has just been shipped! I’m really excited!!

    Apple Macbook My first MacBook has just been shipped! I’m really excited!!


    My first MacBook has just been shipped! I’m really excited!!

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 08:02 AM PDT

    Has anyone been having issues with the mail app randomly opening up in split view?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 11:48 PM PDT

    so im stupid and dropped my macbook air (13" 2018 model), so evidently i have a butterfly keyboard. any excuses i can use for how it broke so i don't have to pay $700 to get it fixed?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 11:29 PM PDT

    For what reasons would I buy an iPad to use with my MacBook instead of a regular monitor?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 02:50 PM PDT

    Hey all, I'll be buying the new MacBook Pro soon and I was wondering how necessary it would be for me to also get an iPad Air 4th gen if I'm already looking into a second monitor? I trade stocks so I use charts and it would be helpful to have a second screen and I'm also a teacher. Teaching-wise I think the iPad would be a benefit but couldn't a second monitor do the same things?

    I'm just sort of confused on how SideCar works.

    Thank you all for your input (:

    submitted by /u/snoozeifyouwanna
    [link] [comments]

    Good External Hard drive for Macbook Air

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 10:07 PM PDT

    So my Macbook is getting full and I need some extra storage. I only need the external hard drive to transfer some simple Photoshop files. What is a good 1 TB external hard drive recommendations?

    submitted by /u/Osage7
    [link] [comments]

    Scary horizontal lines

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 08:10 PM PDT

    Hi, first time here.

    I have a MacBook Air (almost 2 years old) and 2-3 times I've seen it suddenly display horizontal lines. It's not too bad—just a bunch of lines and I could still see 90% of the screen. It goes away if I move my mouse.

    I'm guilty of accidentally pouring a bit of water over the mouse pad and spilling a bit of flour on it when baking. Is my electrical baby okay? Should I be worried? I'm sorry if this is the wrong sub to ask this question, if so please help me and direct a lost soul.

    submitted by /u/milkteaisreallygood
    [link] [comments]

    Turn off find my Mac for repair?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 06:56 PM PDT

    I brought my MBA to an authorized Apple repair store, and they told me that I have to turn off find my Mac before they could work on it...Is that standard procedure?

    submitted by /u/evolhws
    [link] [comments]

    Keyboard Problem

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 05:35 PM PDT

    I just bought a MacBook Air 2020 base model 2 weeks ago and the caps lock has already started showing problems. It won't work until I really press hard. Is there a way that I could fix it myself. I don't wanna go to an apple store.

    submitted by /u/Kill3rXO
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook screen bleed???

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 08:23 AM PDT

    I need help

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 03:50 PM PDT

    My macbook (mid 2007) has a cd writeable drive and it should be able to read dvds but when i put one in it just ejects itself

    submitted by /u/AcceptablePoem549
    [link] [comments]

    Best place to buy a new (or refurb) 2020 MacBook Air online without paying sales tax?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 03:48 PM PDT

    If I could avoid spending an extra hundo for no reason that would be grrreat

    submitted by /u/panoramicsummer
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get the maps distance measurement tool on the 2019 Mac Pro? It’s only there on mobile, as shown below on the top

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 02:13 PM PDT

    Is it worth it to replace battery on 2015 retina Macbook Pro 13

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 01:48 PM PDT

    What to do with Old MacBooks?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 08:41 AM PDT

    Hey, I have 4 old MacBooks (ranging from 2007-2015) what I can do with these to make some $$$?

    Do these have any value as a spare parts? Do people collect these? Anything you can offer would be appreciated. Cheers

    submitted by /u/Oversocialized1984
    [link] [comments]

    Does amount of storage affect speed of virtual machines

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 12:05 PM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    I run virtual machines (both linux and windows) on my macbook pro 2016, 8GB RAM with softwares like virtual box.

    The VMs run just fine. Not as fast and smooth as my host. My mac has 256 GB storage and 200 GB is full. If I move those 200 GB to an external hard drive, do you think it will speed up those virtual machines running in Virtual box?

    submitted by /u/ir0nIVI4n01
    [link] [comments]

    [Help] MacBook Air refuses to connect with LG Monitor

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 03:52 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    Need some advice I have a LG34WK650 https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-34WK650-W-ultrawide-monitor

    Macbook Air (I'd like to say a 2015)

    But they won't connect and needed some advice! - Macbook Pro 16" connects via hub -> HDMI - Macbook Air won't connect via a mini DP -> HDMI - Tried different dongles but that doesn't seem like the problem - The HDMI doesn't seem like the problem

    Could it be my MacBook air is underpowered?

    submitted by /u/reff33
    [link] [comments]

    1.4ghz or 2.0ghz mbp 2020?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 10:44 AM PDT

    I'm about to buy a 13 inch MacBook Pro 2020 and I'm wondering which would make for a better/speedier laptop and would possibly last the longest? Should I buy a 1.4 and upgrade ram to 32 or 2.0 with 16gb ram? I'll be using it for school, entertainment and maybe eventually working I'm not sure given the current situation. So id be using it a fair amount of hours a day. I've got a chronic condition that makes me bed bound from time to time so I'd be using it a lot for Netflix and streaming too. The reason I'm confused mainly is I read the 2.0 has a better performance, speakers, two fans and a few more improvements over the 1.4 one? I'm new to MacBooks so any help is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Caraa99
    [link] [comments]

    My Macbook Late 2015 Pro won't turn on - what can i do?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 10:35 AM PDT

    Hi guys,

    long time macbook user. I bought a macbook pro 2015 and it was working fine the last years.

    The last time i turned it on it was behaving weird for example:

    • Every click was registered as right click
    • Some characters were weird glyphs

    At that point it wasn't even usable. So I took it aside and today I wanted to make a fresh installation of macOs but it won't turn on anymore.

    When I press the power button or hold it no leds or fan will turn on. It does absolutely nothing. When I was plugging in the charging cable the signal changed to oragen so I waited a few hours until the lamp was green (so not a problem from the charger it seems).

    Then I tried it again and it was the same problem. It won't turn on and doesn't do anything.

    So I googled and tried a few things like holding power 15 seconds or holding it with ctrl + shift + alt etc. But nothing works.

    Is there anything hardware wise I could try to fix, because I have no warranty left and I don't want to pay money for the repair maybe I can fix it myself. Anybody has an idea? Thx

    submitted by /u/hello_krittie
    [link] [comments]

    2019 and 2020 MacBook, having trouble deciding which to use. The 2020 has 16gb ram and the 2019 has 8, but the 2019 has a 2.4 GHz processor, the 2020 has a 2. Any thoughts?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 08:54 AM PDT

    [HELP] WD My Passport Pro Not Visible on MacBook Air

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 08:48 AM PDT

    Hi everyone.

    I recently got a new 2020 model MacBook Air. I previously had a 2014 model Air. I used a WD My Passport Pro with it, but the drive will not show up in any way on the new MacBook. It shows up on the old MacBook. It shows up on my PC. It works via WiFi. But nothing on the new MacBook. It's not even visible in Disk Utility or via the terminal. And yes, the preferences are set to show external hard drives.

    I've tried USB-C adapters, a brand new USB-C cable, and a dozen different tricks I found online. But nothing. The drive is formatted as exFAT.

    What am I missing? Does anyone have any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/BrianovichIV
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook screen bleed???

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 08:23 AM PDT

    Dropped my MacBook Air the other day and now the bottom left corner is a little bit lighter. I showed it to my friend and he said it looks like a screen bleed that gets worse with time. I was just wondering if i can get this fixed, i do have an Apple care warranty but I just couldn't find much information about MacBook screen bleeds. If anyone has any information?? Or recommendations.

    submitted by /u/janinaebel01
    [link] [comments]

    Purchasing a used MacBook 2010

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 06:28 AM PDT

    I just want to use it for you tube and watching videos and Mabey some photo shop and video editing ? Will it be Alright ? lol

    submitted by /u/Munji23
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel