• Breaking News

    Monday, December 2, 2019

    Apple Macbook The Macbook Purchasing Megathread - December 2019

    Apple Macbook The Macbook Purchasing Megathread - December 2019


    The Macbook Purchasing Megathread - December 2019

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 01:56 AM PST

    Have a question?

    Wondering what model you should go for? Ask here!

    • Do make your submission on point while adding as much detail as possible.

    • Mention your intended uses (i.e. video editing, graphic designing, photography, audio editing, gaming, casual browsing, etc).

    That's pretty much it! :)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Local Best Buy (Brentwood, MO) had one of these non-retina 12-inch Airs on display this weekend. Even the employee I talked to said he’s told them to retire it. It lives on.

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 07:34 AM PST

    macbook butterfly keyboard issues

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 09:27 PM PST

    i posted this i r/applehelp already, but i thought i might post it here as well.

    i currently have the MacBook pro-2017 with touchbar running on high sierra 10.13.

    i am aware that these types of butterfly keyboards are quite problematic...and that Apple provides a free service to replace the keyboard (?) or something along those lines however... although ive had these problems ever since i got the mac, i spilled soda on my keyboard a couple moths ago. none of my keys are sticky though...and my mac performance is still the same (no overheating, no random restarts, battery life still seems to be the same, etc.). even so, this leads me to believe that i may not qualify for this free service anymore...

    my question being what is my best option? will i still qualify for the free service even when the soda didn't seem to affect my mac at all annd ive bee havinng these problems way bbeforehand? how much will it cost to replace it without applecare if i dont qualify for the free service?

    ive had problems with these keys for a while and never thought it was a collective mechanism issue rather than an individual one. my "b" key is currently the one at fault and as im typing this my "n' key seems to be malfunctioning as well. before that was the "h" key (which is workig perfectly fie ow). i literally have to puch my keys to get them to work.

    i appreciate any feedback/advice.

    submitted by /u/124lee
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use this charger on my MacBook Pro? (2019 13inch base model)

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 09:08 PM PST

    Expected battery life on a MacBook Pro 13 20192TB3 model

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 08:55 PM PST

    I've just got a Macbook Pro 13 2019 (base model with 2tb3) and i'm just wondering how much battery life I should expect out of it.

    Reviews online mention 8-9 hours of browsing at 150nits.

    I'm getting around 5/5.5 hours while working (i'm a software developer) at max brightness. I guess that's a normal duration. I couldn't find much online so I wanted to hear from other owners of this machine.

    submitted by /u/Labby92
    [link] [comments]

    Question about 2012 MacBook Pro

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 07:37 PM PST

    I'm hoping someone can give me some guidance but if this doesn't belong on this sub, please let me know and I'll take it down. I have a mid-2012 MacBook Pro that about four years ago, I spilled water all over the keyboard. Machine functioned fine, but I had to use an external keyboard from there out because I couldn't afford to fix it. Fast forward to now - I upgraded to iOS to High Sierra and now nothing works. I can open my Finder but otherwise, absolutely nothing can be done. So I suppose my question is, what can be done with this machine? Could I even sell it to someone willing to refurbish it or just cut my losses? Thanks everyone.

    submitted by /u/i_am_umbrella
    [link] [comments]

    My late 2006 MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard.

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 06:34 PM PST

    In case if you missed the Black Friday Deals Here are Best MacBook Cyber Monday deals [Save $300 - $700]

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 12:36 PM PST

    Question for video editors about cache [Adobe Premiere and Final Cut]

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 06:12 PM PST

    What's the best flow for Internal SSD, External HDD, Source footage & the cache?

    New 16" Pro stock i9 with 1TB SSD and external 2TB HDD (native USB-C). Both Final Cut and Adobe. 4k footage.

    Currently my source footage is on the external. So is the project file and all cache paths.

    So the SSD is only really running the Application I think. Whilst the external HDD is holding everything else.

    Is this correct for maximum performance or should my footage/cache be somewhere else?

    Is getting an external SSD instead of HDD better? Worth the upgrade?

    The editing is going fine, no lag except for when expected. My main reason for asking this is also the battery is draining quickly to my mind. Could be totally normal. Wondering if the external has anything to do with it, or if that's the reality running full brightness and hammering out an editing program.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/zerotonothing
    [link] [comments]

    It's almost 2020, is there a cheap adapter from TB1 to USB 3 yet?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 05:55 PM PST

    So I got MacBook pro 2011 for 150$. She is beautiful, almost perfect. I need USB 3. I might need something like this that doesn't cost half of my MacBook. I'm shopping almost exclusively from AliExpress these days.

    submitted by /u/Nobodyfuckasmerylyn
    [link] [comments]

    Every seen an Apple FLY? If my cursor disappears again you will.

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 04:20 PM PST

    Please help my temper is flaring and this computer is barely 2 months old so I don't want to fire it across the room.

    Its seems to happen when I use 3 fingers to scroll between apps. Its disappears but it still works ( in the background). I do a 2 or three finger death punch a number o time on the track pad and it seems to come back randomly.

    Helps peeps!

    submitted by /u/bigmacattack416
    [link] [comments]

    My brand new MacBook Air 2019 disk is full.

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 12:32 PM PST

    Hello. I recently bought MacBook Air and its disk is almost full (6 gb left). I haven't downloaded anything yet and it seems its taken by "other" which doesn't make sense at all since its brand new.

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Lanzostef
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air 2017 Mojave Wifi connect issue - cannot connect to any WIFI or WLan

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 03:07 PM PST

    I had an odd experience, my MacBook Air did not (sporadically) connect with WIFI routers it never had an issue before. It always error responded, "cannot connect to wifi...run diagnostic..."

    I was growing desperate, as I tried to fix that problem in several way (settings, updates...)

    Finally I found the reason, the MacBook Air has to 2 USB ports on each side. Sometime before the problem occurred, I bought a 128gb USB storage Stick (as my laptop has only 128gb built in) and permanently plugged it in the left USB port. Apparently this somehow interfered with the Wifi hardware module. Now I have the usb stick on the right port plugged in. No problems anymore. Did u also encountered problems like this?

    submitted by /u/hallogalaxis
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro 2019 - 13" - Out of box and extremely slow!

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 09:08 AM PST

    Macbook Pro 2019 - 13"

    • 2.4GHz quad‑core 8th‑generation Intel Core i5 processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.1GHz
    • Retina display with True Tone
    • Touch Bar and Touch ID
    • Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655
    • 8GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 memory
    • 256GB SSD storage
    • Four Thunderbolt 3 ports

    I just put it to use out of box and upgraded the OSX to Catalina, and that's when it all went down to hell - Even deleting and emptying the bin causes it to almost freeze or take 10 mins+ to get it done, even if it's only one single file, and no there's no heavy duty apps running in the background.

    What can be done?

    submitted by /u/Zandesh
    [link] [comments]

    Hands-On with the MOFT Stand Family: Laptop, Tablet + Phone

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 12:51 PM PST

    Hey guys I came across this video of someone upgrading their Macbook Pro mid-2012. Is the SSD I am getting the right one?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 12:47 PM PST

    The video is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDWZLPoq__4

    My issues are: - Is the SSD the same for 13 inch and 15 inch macbook pro? I have the 15 inch - The SSD that was suggested in the video is Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-76E500B/AM) but I found a 1TB SSD that is on sale in amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-MZ-76E500B-EU-Solid-State/dp/B078WST5RK/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Samsung%2B860%2BEVO%2B500GB%2B2.5%2BInch%2BSATA%2BIII%2BInternal%2BSSD%2B(MZ-76E500B%2FAM)&qid=1575233173&sr=8-1&th=1. Are they the same?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/legoscreen
    [link] [comments]

    Charging issues

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 12:02 PM PST

    My 2018 MBP with Touchbar had some issues to charge. 2 days ago I plugged it and instead of charging the battery logo was either the charging logo but it was decreasing instead. I tried a different charger, but nothing happened, I tried to reset the SMC few times, still nothing and later in the day while I was in a store to check it I tried again the SMC reset manipulation (Shift+Ctrl+Cmd+Power button for 10 seconds) and it worked that time. I plugged it and it was charging but only on 1 port or 2 instead of any of them. I let a tech guy to look at it and he told me too that it was strange after he took it back to try a different charger and told me that I should reinstall the OS. My guess is, the problem is from Catalina update, but since I haven't seen any similar post, I don't know what to think or say. I need your help, please folks.

    submitted by /u/GpTra_224
    [link] [comments]

    Part of the MacBook Family now. Feeling guilty about the 18 month financing. Did I do good?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 10:09 AM PST

    Cleaning 5 year old MacBook Air

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 09:43 AM PST

    Hi friends,

    I have a MacBook Air that I got December of 2014/January 2015. I adore my laptop but recently have started to notice it's running a bit slower and less efficiently than in its early years.

    I don't game on my laptop and really only use it for basic needs - basic internet needs, video streaming, word documents.

    Are there any simple things I can do to help speed up the efficiency of my computer?

    submitted by /u/rachelfromhobbylobby
    [link] [comments]

    External drive won’t mount

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 09:28 AM PST

    My external drive (seagate expansion) dramatically stopped working today. Nothing was done to it, it just won't mount to any of the macs I have access to, nor the windows machine. I've tried a known good cable in case it was that. The things light flashes and it makes a bleeping noise inside it somewhere. I looked on system report and it sees it, and the windows machine also sees it but neither computer will mount it. Doesn't show in disc utility at all on either machine. I downloaded some software from seagate, that also sees it but shows it as having no partition. I have no clue what's going on, but there are files on there I need to get access to. Does anyone have any idea what I can do?

    submitted by /u/indyferret
    [link] [comments]

    Photo library: iCloud -vs- Local drive.

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 09:16 AM PST

    Hi, I am new to the MacBook Family as I was just gifted one as an early Christmas present. I own an iPhone XS so my pictures automatically transfer to the computer. I was wondering, how do I save the pictures from the cloud to the local drives? My pictures file shows whatever is in the cloud, but if I delete something off my phone, it will delete off the computer.

    I have checked on google and have the "Download originals to this Mac" option selected under the iCloud preferences but I am not sure if the ones shown in the pictures folder are the iCloud pictures or the saved ones, since these keep deleting. Any help will be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/kps90
    [link] [comments]

    Would you buy a MacBook pro 2015 base for 350?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 08:05 AM PST

    Is it a good deal? My budget is 800 and I really want a MacBook but the new ones have screen and keyboard problems...

    submitted by /u/rafoyon
    [link] [comments]

    How to use your desktop gpu on Macbook Pro

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 06:26 AM PST

    Where to buy?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 01:01 AM PST

    Tips on where to buy a Macbook?

    I want to buy a Macbook but - as a high school student - my budget is limited.

    I thought about buying a refurbished one but I'm not sure where + sometimes Macbooks on amazon are about the same price.

    Any advice?

    submitted by /u/247planeaddict
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel