• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 18, 2018

    Apple Macbook Is it normal for the upper center of the keyboard area to get hot after 1 hour use?

    Apple Macbook Is it normal for the upper center of the keyboard area to get hot after 1 hour use?


    Is it normal for the upper center of the keyboard area to get hot after 1 hour use?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 11:25 PM PST

    I am new Macbooks. I bought a mid 2014 model. Should i be worried?

    submitted by /u/nummer31
    [link] [comments]

    I want Different alert sounds. When I empty the trash. Or when i get a message. Is there anyway to do that?? or even when i open my Macbook

    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 11:02 PM PST

    New MBP 13" nTB getting hot?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 09:39 PM PST

    I'm confused as to why my 16gb/256gb nTB is getting hot while only having some basic programs open. The fans are relatively loud and the temperature is 60C+. I have it connected to an external 1080p monitor, a few Safari tabs open, and Im streaming twitch. I dont think this should be happening lol.

    submitted by /u/StopFeedingPls
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone upgraded their Early-2015 Macbook Pro 13" hard drive or ram (maybe impossible)? What form factor do I look for when purchasing a compatible hard drive upgrade?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 02:09 PM PST

    I'm confused about what hard drive to purchase for an early-2015 Macbook Air. I've read M.2 2280, others say it won't work without an adaptor, some say it won't work at all. I am also wondering if Ram is impossible or possible. Thank you

    submitted by /u/mapandterritory
    [link] [comments]

    A MacBook upgrade guide.

    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 10:05 AM PST

    Which macbook to buy for programming ?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 12:04 PM PST

    I'm a software enginering student in university.So far i have been using desktop windows pc to program in java , c# , etc.I want to program for iOS also i need a laptop so i want to buy a macbook.Which macbook would be best for me ? I'm thinking of macbook pro 15inch since bigger screen size and specs.Would it be a overkill or it would serve me well for years ? What do you think ?

    submitted by /u/umt1001
    [link] [comments]

    Shopping for a (24" or less) monitor for my 12" MacBook - are the options really this limited?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 05:52 PM PST

    I can't stand using the adapters necessary for the 12" MacBook - most of them don't work, even the one I found that did work makes the monitor go temporarily go black when touched (which happens by accident all the time) and clutters up desk space.

    Needless to say I am looking for a monitor (24" or less) that has a USB C port + two standard USB ports (at least one of them needs to be 3.0) in addition to HDMI. My goal is to be able to:

    1) Charge and use my 12" MacBook with a monitor (with my USB printer and external hard drive connected to the monitor) without any adapters

    2) Use the monitor with my desktop PC via HDMI

    I just checked Newegg/Amazon and there is a whopping one monitor that meets my criteria: the Acer R240H, which is only 1080p. So if I actually want to utilize the resolution my laptop is capable of, there are literally no options unless I want to go over 24" or drop the standard USB requirement? Am I missing something? I went into this thinking I would have a lot to choose from and am left confused as to why there's nothing.

    If my only option is to go over 24" or drop the standard USB requirement (which sounds like the case), any recommendations? This thread provided some but it's also a year old.

    submitted by /u/AtmaWeapon
    [link] [comments]

    Used/refurbished MacBook for web browsing and Citrix Remote Desktop for work <$650

    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 04:48 PM PST

    Hello all, I read the guidelines and think this post may be against the guidelines but noticed the sticky for this type of thing is from April 2017. Anyway, I'm looking for a macbook for the usage in the title. I work from home every once in a while on a virtual machine through Citrix and need something I can use while around the house so I'm not stuck in my home office all day. A higher resolution is ideal as I use spreadsheets all day. Any suggestions? I'm completely new to the Apple ecosystem so have no basis for what to look for. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/SemiterrestrialHog
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook 12inch for Programming?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 11:47 AM PST

    With a budget just around 1300$, I am considering the 2016 Macbook 12inch as my primary laptop. I won't have any problems with the butterfly keyboard, potato webcam and the single port, just want to know your opinions on the performance of this machine. I primarily intend to do App Development on XCode and Android Studio and some casual web development too alongside Just a light bit of Photoshop/Illustrator. In regards to Gaming and Video editing, I don't intend on doing any. Would the 12inch Macbook be good enough for all my needs? One of the key factors would be that the machine shall still be good enough after 3-4 from now, at least.

    NOTE: I was also previously considering the 13inch MacBook Air (8GB RAM), but since that machine is virtually nearing its end, I doubt that the Air would be a good option. Anyways, I am open to discussion.

    submitted by /u/skhiearth
    [link] [comments]

    I have a question regarding storage

    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 01:04 PM PST

    Here's the thing: I want to buy a macbook pro, but the one I'm seeing has 128gb SSD storage. And dude, 128gb is too little for me! I want at least 256gb SSD or 500gb SSD if possible. So I wonder: is there a way for me to expand this storage, without me needing to buy a external hard drive by preference? I was just wondering this because honestly, 128gb is not enough. It's not like I'm going to install a bunch of stuff on my laptop but I own a Windows PC with 256gb SSD and it has only 110gb free, so in my head, a 128gb ssd will have, like, around 30gb free after I finish installing all my software (Chrome, adobe stuff like Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, Sony Vegas, Steam, etc), so I'm concerning about this and I came here to seek answers.

    submitted by /u/AlexHidanBR
    [link] [comments]

    How to react to a PPM001?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 04:24 AM PST

    I have some issues wit my Macbook Pro Mid 2015, several apps and daemons keep crashing and it often restarts itself. When I run the diagnostics tool sometimes i get ADP000 and sometimes I get PPM001. I have no warranty on the laptop anymore. What should I do?

    submitted by /u/kesslkaserer
    [link] [comments]

    Trackpad acting really weird! Need help!

    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 12:45 AM PST

    Hello everybody,

    I've got an macbook pro medio 2014, Recently my trackpad has started acting up. Sometimes if I boot the macbook, the trackpad is super sensitive, like extremely, even the slightest touch will move the mouse all over the screen! See video: https://youtu.be/GYfvHW-CVSA?t=11s In the video you can clearly see my finger moving up and the mouse going down...?

    And if I move my finger upwards on the trackpad (single finger, so no scrolling) The mouse is supposed to go up, but instead it goes down.

    I've had contact with apple support, and they advised me to do an SMC reset, NVram, boot into safe mode, diagnose mode, i even reinstalled the whole OS (macos High Sierra) on a different partition.

    But the issue keeps on existing. It's like 2/10 boots it starts to behave weirdly. I'm planning on going to a apple repair centre to get a diagnose or sending it to apple.

    Can you guys help me out? Did you had a similar experience?

    submitted by /u/PBvB
    [link] [comments]

    How the MacBook Air Changed the Course of Our Mobile Life.

    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 03:37 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel