• Breaking News

    Friday, November 29, 2019

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [November 29]

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [November 29]


    Daily Tech Support Thread - [November 29]

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 08:09 PM PST

    Welcome to the Daily Tech Support thread for /r/iphone.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Please be informed that any questions about bypassing iCloud lock, or anything similar that may infer that you are trying to get access to a locked iPhone, are no longer allowed and will be removed. Thank you.

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    This is the previous archive of all previous "Daily Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    Here is a previous archive of all previous "Weekly Tech Support" threads, which has now changed to Daily Tech Support Thread. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Weekly Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Weekly What Should I Buy Thread - [November 29]

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 01:08 AM PST

    Welcome to the weekly stickied WSIB thread.

    Have any questions about buying, selling, trading, or giveaways? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    Here is an archive of all previous "What Should I Buy" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"What Should I Buy" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Is it too early to start with the concepts?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 10:02 AM PST

    Probably a stupid question about FaceID and glasses and/or makeup

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 07:39 AM PST

    I've got an iPhone 7 at the moment with an iPhone 11 being delivered today, obviously I'll need to set up FaceID but I'm wondering if I'm likely to have any problems with FaceID? I'm wearing glasses and no makeup at the moment, but generally to work I wear contacts and makeup. Will it cause issues if I set my FaceID up now rather than waiting until I'm back at work next week?

    Sorry if this is a really stupid question, I have absolutely no idea how FaceID works and I'm not looking forward to not having TouchID anyway.

    submitted by /u/gogo__yubari
    [link] [comments]

    iphone 6s appreciation post

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 09:12 PM PST

    my 6s and i have been through thick and thin. drops, screen cracks, dust jammed into speakers (rendering them useless), lost and found, bug fixes and all that. it's safe to say that when my service provider offered me an upgrade, i was super glad to get rid of this old thing.

    the sales agent offered me an upgrade to the iphone 8+ for $0 and i was happy with that (any upgrade is better than this 6s) and was ready to proceed with the upgrade until the sales agent looked again and saw that i could be eligible to upgrade to the XR for $0 if i trade in my 6s. it was right there and then that i realized how much i actually didn't want to let this phone go, despite all the times that i cursed it. i realized that it was always with me when i needed it most and it's probably the only device that knows me better than my wife. still, i was more than ready to start using a new phone and so i just want to give thanks to my friend, 6s, for all the great memories we shared together.

    goodbye old friend.

    submitted by /u/babadook187
    [link] [comments]

    DigiTimes: Apple Considering Bundling AirPods With 2020 iPhones

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 08:48 AM PST

    Anyone here switched from iPhone to Pixel 3?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 09:41 PM PST

    I have been using iPhone 7 for 3 years now. I just bought a Google Pixel 3 for $380. Financially, is this a regrettable decision?

    Upon searching for Pixel 3 on Reddit, I saw that a lot of people are not a fan of the phone. I just want the phone to last me 2-2.5 years without any hiccup like iPhone 7 did. I do not game, I use social media apps extensively and read and take pictures and videos.

    Edit: thank you so much guys. After much thought, I have decided to return Pixel 3. I would much rather buy another iPhone that fits my budget.

    submitted by /u/TheDreamSurfer2
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 11 Pro vs Xr screen brightness

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 05:35 PM PST

    I've got the 11 Pro and my girlfriend just got a Xr

    I noticed with the same exact settings and at max brightness the Xr has a brighter display.

    I thought the 11 pro was supposed to have 800 nits of brightness?

    Have you all seen this?

    submitted by /u/dillard26
    [link] [comments]

    Tried to make an intro sequence for my video, any suggestions?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 09:07 AM PST

    iPhone 11 Pro Max defective speakers?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 06:19 PM PST

    I just got an iPhone 11 Pro Max for my wife and I'm noticing that the speakers sound terrible on it; I first noticed it during a phone call she made earlier ... it sounds like the speakers are rattling or something, like a metallic fuzzy sound. I thought maybe it was just the phone call so I tested some music, and it sounds bad no matter what I play. Plugging in headphones it sounds fine, and over bluetooth it sounds fine.

    Anybody have this issue? I got the phone from Best Buy; should I just take it back and exchange it?

    Update: TIFU when I didn't realize the plastic cover she hadn't taken off yet was causing this problem. Phone is fine, I am a dumbass.

    submitted by /u/LA_Lightning
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone explain how apple card and the upgrade program works exactly?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 02:52 PM PST

    I have an iPhone 6S and it's time for a new phone. I'm looking at my options and I think I found a route I want to go. But I just want to confirm and figure out how it will all exactly work.

    I want to get the iPhone 11. I don't want to buy it outright. I'm approved for a $1000 balance Apple Card. I'm currently with Verizon.

    Is it correct for me to think that I can finish my application for the Apple Card. And then go to an apple store (or order online) and go through the process of the iPhone Upgrade Program to get my iPhone 11? It looks like the total will be ~$42 a month. And I can then pay that ~$42 a month with my Apple Card (and also get the 3% cashback).

    Is that the deal basically? And then once I make 12 $42 payments, I can then be able to upgrade to the new iPhone next year?

    I'll probably sell my iPhone 6S online or perhaps trade it in. I also want to get off my parent's Verizon plan. I'm assuming I can get this new iPhone while I'm on there plan, and then afterwards, bring this new iPhone into Verizon and have them switch me into my own bill. Right? Or is it better to switch off their plan with my current iPhone 6S and then go to apple to get a new phone on my new plan? Or does it really not matter?

    Thanks in advance :)!

    submitted by /u/Ahlicksxandurr
    [link] [comments]

    New IPhone user. Colors desaturates?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 08:35 PM PST

    So I'm a new iPhone user from a Galaxy S9 and I was wondering do the colors seem desaturated or just lack vibrancy? I know Samsung phones have really vibrant colors but I could have sworn iPhones seemed more saturated than what I'm seeing.

    submitted by /u/BenBigg
    [link] [comments]

    Finally - A modern countdown app for iOS 13

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 06:19 AM PST

    Should I get a screen protector for my iPhone XR?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 07:06 PM PST

    A few days ago, I bought the iPhone XR, because it seemed like a good deal. With it, I also bought a UAG Monarch case, since from what I have seen, it's one of the best case brands out there. My only question is though- am I safe only using the case, or should I spend a little bit extra on a protector?

    submitted by /u/vvh121
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel