• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 28, 2019

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [November 28]

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [November 28]


    Daily Tech Support Thread - [November 28]

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 08:07 PM PST

    Welcome to the Daily Tech Support thread for /r/iphone.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Please be informed that any questions about bypassing iCloud lock, or anything similar that may infer that you are trying to get access to a locked iPhone, are no longer allowed and will be removed. Thank you.

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    This is the previous archive of all previous "Daily Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    Here is a previous archive of all previous "Weekly Tech Support" threads, which has now changed to Daily Tech Support Thread. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Weekly Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung may be the sole supplier of OLED panels for 2020 iPhone Pro models

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 06:43 AM PST

    My phone just reminded me to turn off my daily work alarms bc it recognized tomorrow as a holiday. What a cool feature!

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 09:50 AM PST

    This iPhone app will make you nostalgic for the iPod click wheel

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 06:47 AM PST

    Wife and I held on to ours 6s pluses for a long time. Upgraded on Monday, my wife’s (6s plus) blew up Tuesday evening. It was sequestered in my office at the time luckily. Trying to stop the “what if’s” today. We got LUCKY. Only used Apple chargers, never refurbished . . .

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 10:38 AM PST

    Is this a real thing?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 07:15 PM PST

    English keyboard should have an apostrophe on the main section

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 07:43 PM PST

    I've been learning French for a little while now, so I use the French keyboard semi-regularly and it has an apostrophe in the bottom right (left of the 'backspace' button). Surely this would be useful in English? We use contractions all the time (can't, I'm, won't, couldn't, etc.) and it's not like it wouldn't fit, so what gives? I think this would be amazingly convenient.

    *And yes, I know autocorrect will do it a lot of the time, but autocorrect isn't perfect and I'd prefer to just have that control he more easily accessible.

    **If there's a better place to ask about this, let me know; I'm only here because I couldn't think of anywhere else to pose the question.

    submitted by /u/Arch_Enemy_616
    [link] [comments]

    Any other 6s Plus users, and older?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 07:21 PM PST

    How are you holding up?

    submitted by /u/candies_sweets_sugar
    [link] [comments]

    I love my iPhone, but...

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 05:21 PM PST

    I swear I literally cannot type one word without deleting it and typing it again. And then typing it again, then hitting the fucking Dictation button 7 times by accident, then spelling every single word wrong 5 times. Am I the only one who cannot type on the keyboard anymore? :(

    submitted by /u/3eeps
    [link] [comments]

    Easiest way to set up iPhone for father who is technically blind

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 05:09 PM PST

    My dad's glaucoma took over very quickly these past few years which means his vision is basically shot.

    How can we set his phone up so that he knows who is calling when he gets an incoming call? What about making outgoing calls? I know Siri is the option, but does Siri announce incoming calls as well?

    submitted by /u/Alabaster13
    [link] [comments]

    A strange thing happened.......

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 05:06 PM PST

    So I'm home alone this evening listening to some Apple Music on my AirPods Pro. Leonard Cohen is a half way through Bird on a Wire.

    The music stops....

    A sexy female voice says "Hello there" (through the AirPods)

    Leonard starts singing? again

    WTF?

    Maybe if I'd been listening to Ghost in the Machine ;)

    Anyone have a theory?

    submitted by /u/MrYaba
    [link] [comments]

    What Features Would You Upgrade for?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 07:58 PM PST

    For everyone who didn't want to upgrade your iPhone this year, what features would have to be added to the iPhone for you to upgrade?

    Just was going over the rumors for the new phones and was curious what everyone would be willing to put down money for.

    submitted by /u/UbiDubiumIbiLibertas
    [link] [comments]

    Help on San Francisco mobile plans

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 08:10 PM PST

    Hi all, I need to urgently get a phone and plan for an elderly family member in the US but I have no clue on the plans available since I'm not from the US. The family member is not very tech savvy.

    Requirements :
    -Iphone. don't want anything newer than the X series to keep overall cost down. Prefer a new phone for ease of transaction and if there is a problem with the phone, they can just bring it to an Apple store.
    -LTE data is more important since there will be a lot of Facetime video chats/calls. Other than that, I'm not anticipating high data usage. So probably a few GB per month should be sufficient.
    -Some local calls but probably won't be a lot.
    -12 months or less if committed contract is necessary. Prepaid is fine if the top up process is not confusing (especially if they have to top up account balance and data seperately).
    -User will be in the San Francisco bay area and willing to pay more for better signal quality.

    What I would love to get is some guidance on providers or plans. Or even general stuff like stick with At&t/T Mobile/someone, don't pay more than $XX for 3GB will be extremely helpful.

    I'm not from the US so have no idea about what is fair/good. I need to be able to tell the family member to go Store A and ask for Plan B and be done with it.

    submitted by /u/Brewinski18
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone Headphones muted/no sound solution

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 05:07 PM PST

    I had for the longest time the issue where my Phone would not be able to play sound via headphones

    The solution is to go to Settings > Music then go to max volume and switch it off.

    However, even if you don't have the music app downloaded you cannot access the music setting (even though those settings impact your phone).

    I had spent YEARS angry at the fact my phone couldn't play music via headphones when the solution was redone loading an app I don't use.

    submitted by /u/Charmless_Fedora
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel