• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 28, 2019

    Apple Watch TIL: Holding the watch face with two fingers triggers a speaking clock

    Apple Watch TIL: Holding the watch face with two fingers triggers a speaking clock


    TIL: Holding the watch face with two fingers triggers a speaking clock

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 05:15 AM PST

    Unsure if this is common knowledge. This is my first Apple Watch and I discovered it by accident and was pleasantly surprised!

    EDIT: Remember to turn silent mode off (I have silent mode off, but my notification sounds turned completely down to allow my watch to be silent other than this).

    EDIT: Try out the Micky Mouse watch face to hear Micky tell you the time!

    submitted by /u/captainboolean
    [link] [comments]

    Get your Thanksgiving award today!!! Woohooo!! 5K down

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 06:40 AM PST

    The Apple Watch sale at Walmart were sold out within 30 seconds you can’t get them online anymore of the advertised price

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 07:12 PM PST

    I had it in my cart too and when I went to pay they pulled it out Bastards

    submitted by /u/LarryPer123
    [link] [comments]

    Spot check if the playground compass is synced to the S5 ;)

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 07:10 AM PST

    3D printed Trio stand

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 11:49 AM PST

    Found an apple on watch on the beach, help to locate its owner!

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 12:48 AM PST

    Hi guys,

    Recently I was strolling on the beach and found an apple watch, I don't even know what type of series it is. I'm trying to find a way to find the owner but I can't seem to unlock it and maybe find a way to contact the person.

    The police where I live don't really take lost phones or apple watches really. They are not the same as let's say the US, so my best bet is to find someone or somehow to access it and find the owner myself.

    Any way I could at least find a way to find a name related to the watch, even without unlocking it.

    submitted by /u/sai911
    [link] [comments]

    Why does Airplane mode not work in full?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 10:34 PM PST

    I don't know if it's a watchOS 6 thing but going into airplane mode still keeps it connected to the iPhone. I still get notifications and everything from people texting me.

    The only way to be 100% is to turn off Bluetooth in Settings.

    I do airplane mode during sleep to conserve battery but it's just disabling WiFi and cellular.

    submitted by /u/AppleZen36
    [link] [comments]

    How to create a workout (specific plan with e.g. 4x(1min deadlift, 3 min break)) on an Apple Watch?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 07:57 AM PST

    Hi guys,

    I've recently migrated from using Garmin to Apple Watch. Mostly a great experience, but I have yet to find a great app for my strength & flexibility sessions. With Garmin you can 'create a workout', which means that you can specifiy that a programme is:

    - 10 min warm-up
    - 7x (1min stretch, 10 sec break)
    - 4x (1 min pullups, 3mins break)
    - ... etc

    And then you can execute the programme on your watch, with it specifying what you're supposed to be doing, having a timer etc.

    Any recommendation for an app on Apple Watch that would cover this scenario?

    submitted by /u/Evleos
    [link] [comments]

    Ran 5k this morning and didn’t get my award did 3.8 and no award has this happened to anyone else?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 07:43 AM PST

    No award for my wife and daughter either

    submitted by /u/jtdawg15
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] Can the Apple Watch series 5 do?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 11:21 PM PST

    ...The same thing as https://www.withings.com/us/en/bpm-core ? :)

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/st0ff
    [link] [comments]

    Should I get a regular Apple Watch series 3 or the Nike edition?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 08:00 AM PST

    I'm looking to get an Apple Watch S3, but I can't decide if I should get the regular one or the Nike edition. They are the same exact price.

    I know the Nike one comes with different faces (which I like better) and a different band, but is there anything else that I should know?

    submitted by /u/hamed_6
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an app which can monitor my heart rate and alert me when I go under or over a selected heart rate zone?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 07:31 AM PST

    I'm doing interval training and I want to stay in a specific zone.

    submitted by /u/0x2B
    [link] [comments]

    Inconsistent Battery Life

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 06:55 AM PST

    I have a S3 and I am getting inconsistent battery usage.

    Yesterday I got over 15 hours using only 30% battery but today I am down to 83% after less than 6 hours. I don't use anything other than stock apps and have background refresh off.

    Running watchOS 6.1 and iOS 13.3 beta 3. Activity last 2 days has been the same, although I did work out for 2 hours yesterday but didn't record a workout. So was more active yesterday even though I got batter battery life.

    I would love to see the level of detail for the watches battery use like we can see for the iPhone and iPad, so I could at least try and understand where my battery is going.

    I unpaired and re-paired the watch day before yesterday and have started and re-started both fairly regularly.

    Anyone else seeing this kind of behaviour?

    submitted by /u/ConradMurkitt
    [link] [comments]

    My series 3 keeps turning on the screen by itself, no interaction or raising it, and it drains the battery so bad

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 06:39 AM PST

    My EDC along with my SBSS 4

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 12:51 PM PST

    If you’re thinking of getting the S5 this holiday season, but you’re worried about the battery life with the always on display... don’t be. It’ll get you through the day with plenty to spare. Just put mine on to charge with 20% juice left.

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 03:07 PM PST

    Cheapest Apple Watch series 4 gps 44mm

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 09:54 PM PST

    Best Buy Series 4 starting at $299

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 10:14 PM PST

    link I'd recommend getting the stainless steel versions for $399 which includes gps + cellular

    submitted by /u/jtinoco67
    [link] [comments]

    Series 4 refuses to stay unlocked on wrist

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 12:12 AM PST

    I recently purchased an S4 a couple days ago and since setup, I have had nothing but issues when it comes to the watch locking itself. I did some googling and found some potential reasons but I'd really like some extra feedback for a solution.

    I am using a sport band and have tightened it to the point that I was hurting myself. With a couple subtle movements of my wrist, the watch unlocked. Now the only problem I can see which I'm hoping that it isn't true is that I have tattoos. And it just so happens that near my wrist is the darkest area. Curious if this has been a problem for someone else.

    submitted by /u/DrGiggleFr1tz
    [link] [comments]

    Issues sleep tracking (missed readings)

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 02:37 AM PST

    Have had my first watch about a month. 2 weeks ago, got sleepwatch. Seems cool, liked the readings and used it for a few days. Then I got autosleep/wake, though didn't remove sleepwatch.

    Next day, showed I slept 11:30 to 3:30. Real time should have been 12:15 to 6:30. I thought both installed may be causing a problem, so removed sleepwatch. Next 2 days, same issue, missing 3 hours of sleep in the middle.

    Checked a few things and looks like in health app, no heart rate reading....big gap of a few hours. Thought ok, install sleep watch again, tighten strap and move it up a little as suggested. Same problem...missing a few hours in heart monitoring.

    I had not setup autowake though. For now, I uninstalled autosleep an autowake and will test again tonight.

    Any suggestions? Am I doing something wrong? Watch is passcode protected but unlocked after putting on wrist. wrist detection on.....both required for background heart rate readings. Everything worked fine before and didn't change anything other then installing autosleep/wake.

    submitted by /u/abba77
    [link] [comments]

    Any luck getting the $129 Series 3?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 07:12 PM PST

    I was on the walmart website and refreshed at exactly 10pm and had my phone and laptop ready to go and both got sold out the second I submitted my payment information at 8:01 :( Guess I'll be lining up in person this year

    submitted by /u/imistymango
    [link] [comments]

    Why does my emails show up when I’m on my phone?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 05:23 PM PST

    I notice whenever I'm in my phone my emails show up on my watch notifications and when I'm off I don't notice getting any.

    I'm always perplexed with how the notifications work on the watch. Sometimes I get random notifications and sometimes it seems like I don't get anything. I understand it's only supposed to receive it while I'm not on my phone but it still doesn't seem consistent.

    Anyone else having inconsistencies with their notifications?

    submitted by /u/GreenTeaRex007
    [link] [comments]

    Searching for a not sporty route tracking app

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 12:22 AM PST

    Hello,

    I am commuting with an EUC and i would like to track my time spent, route length, etc. I really like an app like WorkOutdoors that tracks everything with a lot of data and a live map.

    The problem is, i am using my apple watch to track my sport sessions, and do not want to count my EUC sessions as sport. Currently, if i start a cycling session with an app like workoutdoors, it counts as an activity and helps me complete my green circle even if i did not moved at all during my electric unicycle ride.

    Do you know any ride tracking app that do not trigger a sport session? (or an app that has this setting)
    If not, do you think it can exist at all or all these kind of app have to implement apple watch sport integration to be on the AW app store?

    submitted by /u/Nyalab
    [link] [comments]

    I restarted my Apple Watch using a backup from iPhone but the icons stay as they are loading, but it’s been like that more than an hour. How can I fix this ?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 12:06 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel