• Breaking News

    Friday, November 29, 2019

    Apple Help y’all have any recommendation to fix this? i purposely dropped it earlier and it temporarily fixed it, i’ll try anything

    Apple Help y’all have any recommendation to fix this? i purposely dropped it earlier and it temporarily fixed it, i’ll try anything


    y’all have any recommendation to fix this? i purposely dropped it earlier and it temporarily fixed it, i’ll try anything

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 04:39 PM PST

    My Dad purchased a new iPad today and tried to set it up without my help. Now we have an issue. It’s not set up as the language option is still flashing but it’s asking for a passcode. His does not work. I think he restarted it during the set up process. Any help?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 03:41 PM PST

    I keep getting this notification and banner that I need to update my payment for cloud storage yet I have the free 5GB, how do I get rid of this banner?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 04:54 PM PST

    Pretty sure the gpu is going out. Is the only solution buying another MacBook? This issue 2011 MacBook Pro

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 05:26 PM PST

    iPad stuck in boot loop after I accidentally dropped it on the floor

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 08:40 PM PST

    I accidentally dropped my iPad Air 2 onto the floor while I was cleaning my table. No physical dents are on the iPad, but it's just stuck in an endless loop of:
    >apple logo comes on
    >few seconds pass
    >shuts down again

    I tried shutting it down by pressing the home and sleep button, but when I tried to turn it back on after 30 mins or so, it's just stuck in the exact same loop.
    My warranty expired so f me
    edit: It's iOS 13 btw

    submitted by /u/sekcylad
    [link] [comments]

    I don't know how to get rid of any of these... please help! they won't let me open my mail app, and almost everytime I open the app, it crashes. I've tried to delete them, but no luck. I can't close out of the windows, either. (mail app)

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 06:17 PM PST

    Finder issue! I can't limit searches to a particular folder. Eg here, I'm searching in my "Home - Furniture" folder, but the vast majority of results (in red) are not in that folder. At the top the translation is <Searching "home - furniture">

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 11:53 AM PST

    iPhone XR Ghost Touch Problem

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 07:43 PM PST

    I bought iPhone XR on release day and it worked fine for an year. Now, after the phone is out of warranty, I have this problem of wrong touch detections on the screen. Authorised service centre says, I need to replace the screen shelling out $250.

    I'm aware that there's a recall program for iPhone X. Is there a similar program for XR? And how many of you have a similar problem?

    The problem occurs at specific temperatures. When I take it under sun, it starts working fine.

    submitted by /u/vamsiyuvaraj
    [link] [comments]

    I have just added these two albums, but they are shown split...a known bug?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 05:18 AM PST

    Files app isn’t syncing with iCloud all the time.

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 06:23 PM PST

    iPhone and Mac up to date. If I save files to desktop folder in files, half the time the files don't appear on the desktop on my Mac. I have to add more files to "wake" the sync.

    Any ideas how I can fix this?

    submitted by /u/yaynative
    [link] [comments]

    Can I delete data on old iPhone without affecting my new one?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 03:47 PM PST

    Recently just got an iPhone XR and I was wondering can I delete all the data (Essentially factory reset) my old iPhone 6S without affecting the data on the XR? I've already transferred everything to the XR via iCloud. I would also like to swap SIM cards on the phones and was wondering if this would affect anything as well?

    submitted by /u/EvanH98
    [link] [comments]

    Help

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 09:23 PM PST

    My google isn't working on my new mac

    submitted by /u/SuperRedditLand
    [link] [comments]

    Third-party screensavers only filling 1/4 screen since Catalina?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 05:04 PM PST

    I use third-party screensavers, especially a snow-themed one around the holidays. However, some of them only take up the bottom-left quarter of the screen now.

    https://preview.redd.it/s7ry07w23q141.png?width=1560&format=png&auto=webp&s=a89fb816cd686217fda00630fe71ebe479580b7f

    The screensaver preview is exactly how it shows up when activated. This doesn't hold for all of my screensavers. Some of them don't work at all and just show a black screen, and a couple work just fine. Doesn't seem to be any correlation with which developer they came from.

    submitted by /u/thepenguinboy
    [link] [comments]

    Can't share screen on Skype while watching itunes video

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 08:47 PM PST

    Hi, I am currently serving overseas with a 15 hour time difference from my family. I tried to do a screenshare on my macbook pro 2017 w/ Catalina with someone on a PC. We both have the lastest version of skype but she only sees a black box when i try to do itunes video. Is itunes video blocked? I've tried to google this issue and have found no helpful resolutions, just a lot of update your version of skype.

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/skype/forum/skype_mac-skype_callms-skype_audioms/screen-sharing-does-not-show-itunes-videos/37c65db8-3394-4001-a43a-fba6415b6e61

    submitted by /u/gosailor
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro - “1” key not working

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 08:35 PM PST

    Hi, everyone I have a MacBook Pro (mid 2012)

    The "1" key suddenly stopped working. If I click I can't write and the volume control comes on. If I try to click "1" and shift at the same time I can hear a weird sound but still doesn't work.

    Is this a software issue? Or do I have to replace the key in order to make it work?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/m00rningrise
    [link] [comments]

    It appeared as though Migration Assistant stalled. I ended the function and now I can't log into my brand new MacBook Pro.

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 02:32 PM PST

    I started Migration Assistant to transfer data from my MacBook Pro 2010 running El Capitan (OS X 10.11.6) to my new MacBook Pro (year? just bought in October - specs below) when it appeared to stall. I'm not 100% sure that it stalled because the migration was going over my very slow wifi so it could have been super slow progress. Either way, I had to use my newer mac and canceled out of Migration Assistant.

    Both computers required me to log back in. I was able to log into my 2010 mac just fine; however, the 2016 will not. It will take my password but when the log in progress bar gets to about 80%, the screen goes black, the Apple symbol appears and it goes back to the log in screen.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

    New MacBook Pro specs: Catalina 1.4GHz quad‑core 8th‑generation Intel Core i5 processor, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz 8GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 memory 512GB SSD storage Retina display with True Tone Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645 Two Thunderbolt 3 ports Touch Bar and Touch ID

    submitted by /u/bohlieve
    [link] [comments]

    Why can't I select a disk when reinstalling macOS?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 08:28 PM PST

    So, I made the stupid mistake of installing Catalina when I have beloved games that are 32-bit. Hence I'm trying to install an older version of macOS on a separate partition. I'm following this official Apple guide on how to do it.

    For some reason I can't select any disk when I need to do the reinstallation - anyone have a clue why this is?

    https://preview.redd.it/gaa1kbju2r141.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=ab7fcc1cae0be7393dc30da8c7a50f84e0b811a2

    I access the internet recovery through Shift-Option-⌘-R everything. And have made the extra partition as shown below.

    ![img](d1mmlrgv3r141 " ")

    submitted by /u/Jenneren111
    [link] [comments]

    How faster does the 2019 11" iPad Pro charge from 0 to 100 compared to the 2016 9.7" iPad Pro?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 04:39 PM PST

    Those with airpods 2nd gen, could you verify something for me?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 07:46 PM PST

    1. Go to the Health app on your iPhone
    2. In Browse tab, tap Hearing, then Headphone Audio Levels
    3. Scroll to bottom and tap Data Sources & Access
    4. Scroll down and tap your phone name
    5. Tap a date and a DB entry
    6. Scroll to the bottom

    What do you see under Device Details, for Name, Manufacturer, and Model?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/SolsKing
    [link] [comments]

    Losing Safari Tabs

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 01:41 PM PST

    I was trying to organise my safari tabs and was dragging a tab around, I accidentally let go of the tab at the far right of my screen. This opened the tab in what I can best describe as a new window. I no longer have any of my old tabs and 90% of them aren't showing up in the recently closed tabs section. Is there anyway to get my tabs back or disable this feature to avoid it happening again? Using an iPad Mini on IOS13

    submitted by /u/TheGamesCritic
    [link] [comments]

    .pkg file not installing an app?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 06:48 PM PST

    I pirated a game for my MacBook Air on 10.15 Catalina and it came in a .pkg file. Instead of creating an app bubble it's creating a file that is reminiscent of a windows root folder.

    I'm not sure how to overcome this, but I'm getting frustrated. I just wanna lay dead cells.

    submitted by /u/UncleTrigo
    [link] [comments]

    I have a question about Apple Gift Card expiration etc

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 06:22 PM PST

    Hello

    I want to start by saying if this is the wrong category or group for this post could you please move it or delete it as you see fit etc

    I have a simple question and it is about Apple STORE Gift Cards (and NOT App Store Gift Cards)

    I also live in the UK

    I have asked Apple phone support but as has been in MANY companies and cases I got CONFLICTING information which is FRUSTRATING to put it mildly

    I was given answers ranging from the Apple Store Gift Cards will last "forever" and "one year" lol

    I finally got through to an Apple agent and she SEEMED to know her stuff more than the others and I read this paragraph from Apple Store Gift Cards Terms and in particular this paragraph:

    Apple Store Gift Cards have no expiration date, however, Apple may amend eligible purchases and locations for redemption with appropriate and reasonable notice by updating these Apple Store Gift Card terms and conditions at https://www.apple.com/uk/legal/giftcards/applestore.

    I was told by the Apple women that yes I was correct and that the Apple Store Gift Cards do NOT have an expiration date and she said as long as Apple accept Gift Cards as a form of payment in the future then you can use your Gift Card

    I just have a question for you guys and I have Google Searched etc and I have TRIED to decipher and understand this specific sentence :

    Apple may amend eligible purchases and locations for redemption with appropriate and reasonable notice by updating these Apple Store Gift Card terms and conditions at https://www.apple.com/uk/legal/giftcards/applestore.

    I am NOT a lawyer (obviously) but can some one PLEASE explain the above sentence in PLAIN English... is Apple saying after a LONG time the Gift Cards becomes invalid or something else???

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/ban_style
    [link] [comments]

    apps from app store wont delete. Running 10.15.1

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 06:14 PM PST

    What are the extra items? I recently deleted a lot (nothing in recently deleted album though) is that why it’s so much higher?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 06:05 PM PST

    Does the photo and/or video quality wane on the X or Xs when used on SnapChat and Instagram?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 05:54 PM PST

    I'm looking into getting a Xs and I've read a lot of tweets of people claiming that the photo quality of their photos and videos drop drastically when shared on Instagram or SnapChat; in the case of Instagram, they didn't specifics if it was solely or even applicable in the stories. Many of them expressed that they wish they had an iPhone 8.

    Is this accurate? If so, is this something that can be fixed on settings?

    I'd love to hear insight on this. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Fransais
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel