• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 25, 2019

    Apple Help Screen time reporting drastically wrong settings usage

    Apple Help Screen time reporting drastically wrong settings usage


    Screen time reporting drastically wrong settings usage

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 08:10 PM PDT

    Can someone help me fix this. (Btw the switch for the charger is on)

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 07:13 AM PDT

    Should I upgrade a 2014 Macbook Air to Mojave?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 03:53 PM PDT

    Hello, I just inherited a 2014 Macbook Air running version 8 of the OS, and my question is should I update to the latest Mojave version?

    I know next to nothing about Macs, and I'm not sure the best way to make sure I'm protected from security vulnerabilities. Is there any downside to upgrading?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/MyAdviceIsFree
    [link] [comments]

    Sisters Macbook camera light was randomly on, and as I went to pick the laptop up it turns off?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 02:38 PM PDT

    Quite worried. Is something or someone remotely accessing my sisters laptop? The second I went to pick up the laptop when I noticed the light was on it went off, does anyone have a feasible suggestion or a way of checking what was accessing the camera?

    submitted by /u/alexsmith451
    [link] [comments]

    How to export Safari history to either Firefox or Chrome?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 10:40 PM PDT

    Where's the Liquid Damage?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 06:12 PM PDT

    I sent a faulty butterfly keyboard into Apple for a replacement. They said liquid damage was found in the laptop and that the entire top case needs a replacement.

    I called them and asked where the damage was found. At first, the guy refused to even answer what component it was found in. He eventually slipped up and told me the damage was found in the keyboard and that the "damage indicators" were showing. He says he cannot provide any pictures of said indicators.

    All I have is this vague, low-quality image: https://imgur.com/a/E2kZtZE

    Should I try a different store, or am I missing something?

    submitted by /u/FreeSkeptic
    [link] [comments]

    Is it safe to download hacked windows 10 on mac?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 04:58 PM PDT

    I need it on a usb to format another pc

    submitted by /u/geez_louise1
    [link] [comments]

    Screen completely random so I can't even put in my passcode, anyway to fix the screen?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 04:27 PM PDT

    Why does the lock screen stay on indefinitely on my new iPad Pro 11” when I tap to wake (but don’t unlock)? Auto-Lock is set to 2-minutes.

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 07:57 PM PDT

    Is this just a bug or is there some setting I'm missing? I was pretty disappointed coming home to find my freshly charged iPad drained to 19% with the lock screen still on for 12 hours straight.

    On my iPad Air and iPhone, the screen turns off after 5-10 seconds if I don't unlock them after waking.

    Running iOS 12.3.1.

    submitted by /u/RossPrevention
    [link] [comments]

    Mid-2012, 13in, MacBook Pro. Upgrading ram?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 07:51 PM PDT

    Can I upgrade this to 16g ram or only 8g? I'm getting mixed answers when searching. I'm also looking to switch to an SSD, any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/berTolioliO
    [link] [comments]

    MBP 2014 Screen Ghosting, Transparent White Bar & Backlight Turning Purple

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 07:44 PM PDT

    Went to use my MBP 2014 13" the other day after it sitting for about 5 days and opened it up to be greeted with this..

    The white bar on the right hand side is transparent, the backlight starts getting purple and darker the longer I leave the laptop on and the ghosted images stay there even after rebooting. I have tried resetting the SMC and NVRAM but no luck :(

    Any ideas with this?

    https://i.redd.it/zygx6hbb9kc31.jpg

    submitted by /u/pensaa
    [link] [comments]

    need to migrate iPhone 3Gs (4.2.1) info to another iPhone, but iTunes backup password is lost

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 07:32 PM PDT

    My mother-in-law is finally moving away from an ancient iPhone 3GS (MC640LL) on iOS 4.2.1. She would like to keep her old texts and contacts, however we cannot use the PC iTunes backup made in the recent past because we do not know the password used for encrypting the iTunes backup. This iOS version is pre-iCloud, so that's not available.

    I think I should be able to backup her contacts to something like Outlook, or maybe even to the SIM (?). Ideas on backing up her SMS messages to restore to another phone? Maybe via jailbreak? I have an iPhone 4 on iOS 6 (I think) that I could move data to or otherwise use in the process if it's helpful. Ideas?

    submitted by /u/MaxwellsDaemon
    [link] [comments]

    Connecting 2008 Mac Mini to Cinema Display

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 06:55 PM PDT

    I have an old 2008 mac mini I inherited and I bought a Cinema Display to connect to it. None of the display ports connect to it so I bought the DisplayPort to DVI adapter. I understand this is a powered port? There is no adapter to plug the the monitor into the wall as I am used to with PC monitors. When I plug the monitor into the adapter and into the mac mini, there is no power and I can't turn it on. Is the monitor busted?

    submitted by /u/MusicMagi
    [link] [comments]

    Gen 3 SSD (12+16 pin) to USB connector?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 06:46 PM PDT

    I have an old 128 GB SanDisk Gen 3 SSD from a mid-2014 Pro that I'm trying to use as a drive for dashcam and sentry footage. Is there a USB connection that supports this? What I'm finding is that none seem exist, probably due to the proprietary properties of these SSDs, but I wanted to check to see if anyone knew otherwise.

    submitted by /u/darkmatterhunter
    [link] [comments]

    How does Mac internet recovery work?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 06:36 PM PDT

    Is the internet recovery not really an internet recovery?

    I'm wondering because I can't understand how it's able to install the latest version of Mac OS without an internet connection. Especially after a clean HD wipe.

    submitted by /u/sunjay140
    [link] [comments]

    The new 13 inch i7 two usb c vs the 13 inch i5 four usb c

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 05:53 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    Currently I'm deciding between the two mentioned above and not sure which one to get. I'm planning to spec both with 16gb of ram and 512gb ssd.

    Which one of the above two is more powerful?

    Use cases: Coding Photo editing (Lightroom and Photoshop) Video editing (Premier but will try to switch to FC when I get the laptop) Light music production (FL studio)

    PS: I don't really want to get the 15 inch mainly because I already have a powerful gaming PC. I want something compact and lightweight so that I can use the above mentioned cases on the go.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Darrenarvin123
    [link] [comments]

    Money from cancelled ApplePay transaction is gone?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 01:15 PM PDT

    I have apple cash and my debit card on my account and yesterday I tried to send someone money to pay a bill. They want me to pay another way so I canceled the payment but the money isn't in my Apple cash card and it isn't in my bank account either!!! My account shows the charge for the payment but it's like the money disappeared. What do I do?? I need that money by the end of the day today or I'm screwed

    submitted by /u/sppwalker
    [link] [comments]

    Using pages on a pretty old Mac, doesn’t belong to me so not sure if any settings are changed. When I copy and paste stuff, doesn’t let me move it, this is what happens. How can I fix this, so I can move and resize the pasted things again?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 04:57 PM PDT

    HELP

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 04:48 PM PDT

    I created an account with the wrong iCloud email and used the suggested password, I can't sign back in cuz safari doesn't have that password stored for whatever reason and I cant recover the password because the email isn't mine.

    is there a way I can see what that suggested password was?

    submitted by /u/yalkhaja
    [link] [comments]

    Switched screen on iPhone - got stuck in boot loop 10 minutes later

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 04:43 PM PDT

    I recently replaced the screen on an 8+ and it was working for around 10 minutes, and then the screen flashed black and it only displayed the apple logo.

    I've tried resetting, unplugging and replugging the cables, and I've tried putting the old screen back on and nothing changes.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/KingOfGlue
    [link] [comments]

    Airport Extreme extended network issue

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 04:35 PM PDT

    So I am a non-Apple user that happens to have 2 Apple Airport Extreme's on my network that serve as my wifi access points. I have successfully set them in the following way and they work just great 90% of the time:

    Airport Extreme 1 (I name it Basestation) is hardwired to my ISPs modem and acts as the main router.

    Airport Extreme 2 (I name it Annex) is in my detached garage extended my wireless network out there, and connects to both wireless clients (like my phone) and wired clients (like some IP cameras).

    The trouble is that if the Basestation ever reboots for some reason, the Annex never reconnects to it unless I reboot it as well. Both are on UPS systems but sometimes they freak out and reboot anyway, and if only the Basestation is rebooted I will have to walk to the garage and reboot the Annex. The whole time, the Annex still shows the green light.

    Has anyone every experienced this? Is there a setting or something I can enable to have a more robust connection?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/gallonoffuel
    [link] [comments]

    Is there anyway to fix this? It still works but just wanted to make sure plus it doesn’t look good

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 04:30 PM PDT

    Updated my 15in MBP (2017) to Mojave 10.14.6 but now having boot issues.

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 04:28 PM PDT

    I updated my MBP to Mojave 10.14.6 but now, when it boots, it goes to a black screen for about 4 minutes before the login screen appears. Also, when the Apple logo first appears, the progress bar takes longer to get to end compared to before I updated.

    At first I thought that it would just boot to a black screen and so I would force it to shutdown and tried different things:

    1. Reset the SMC.
    2. Boot to Safe Mode - it wouldn't get past the Apple logo (maybe it would have booted eventually but I've waited for a really long time).
    3. Reinstalled the OS through Recovery Mode twice.
    4. Reset the PRAM several times.

    Eventually, I just decided to wait when it got to the black screen and found out that the login screen would appear after about 4 minutes every time I boot. Things are okay once I've logged in. No problems when waking from sleep or logging in and out of different accounts.

    Short of reformatting the drive, reinstalling the OS clean, and restoring from a backup, is there anything else I could try to solve this problem? I've tried googling and saw a couple of posts about it but no solution was offered in those posts.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/zeeeguy
    [link] [comments]

    My iCloud storage was full so I wasn’t receiving emails. Is there any way I can get the emails that were rejected?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 04:27 PM PDT

    I didn't realize having full iCloud storage would stop me from getting emails. I usually don't t use this email address as it is really old but I needed it recently for an email that my friend was sending me. I couldn't find it anywhere. Is there a place I can find that email? I cleared out my iCloud storage, but he can't resend the email as it is an invite to a closed beta for a game.

    submitted by /u/vandjac
    [link] [comments]

    XS Max constantly self restarting

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 04:14 PM PDT

    A month ago my XS Max would restart itself about every 30 seconds and I later fixed it by putting it into recovery mode and it seemed to have gone away. But now it is back and absolutely nothing seems to be able to fix it. Any ideas? Thanks

    submitted by /u/Richavoc
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel