• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 18, 2022

    Apple Watch Tip: SM ML Sport bands have different holes positions. It may help if your size is in between

    Apple Watch Tip: SM ML Sport bands have different holes positions. It may help if your size is in between


    Tip: SM ML Sport bands have different holes positions. It may help if your size is in between

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 10:54 AM PDT

    I need help to decide which watch size is better for my wrist? This is the Series 7 45mm. Is this too big? Thanks in advanced.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 10:48 PM PDT

    Anyone else notice their Apple Watch charger still pulls a small amount of current when not charging anything. It ranges from .01A-.05A at idle. Not a significant amount, but interesting none the less.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 07:36 AM PDT

    Am I the only one who thinks that the expansion of VoIP to third party apps on watchOS 9 is one of the best parts of the new update?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2022 12:19 AM PDT

    So one of the things I am most excited for with watchOS 9, above the new workout metrics, is the fact that Apple is finally allowing third party apps to now display VoIP calls on the watch - but very few people on forums/Reddit seem to even be mentioning it… At first I thought maybe I had misunderstood the feature, but now I'm assuming it hasn't been mentioned much because most people are in countries where iMessage and FaceTime Audio are ubiquitous and don't notice that apps like WhatsApp or Discord don't ring your watch, but it made it super easy to miss these calls!

    So, is anyone else in a country where third party messaging apps and VoIP calling apps are popular, and has been waiting for this feature??

    submitted by /u/MikeFParkin
    [link] [comments]

    Why are there two thirteens on this watch face?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 10:35 AM PDT

    Using internal GPS only

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 08:24 PM PDT

    Does anyone know a way to force my Apple Watch to use its own gps when my phone is nearby? I go for runs and my kids ride their bikes. I put my phone in their bike basket so it's still nearby, but I've discovered that it's pulling the gps from my phone with the bike and not from me running. I have read you can use airplane mode, but I have type one diabetes and need to be able to connect to my glucose sensor from my phone which requires Bluetooth. Any workarounds would be much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/amby6063
    [link] [comments]

    Using another app whilst workout is active

    Posted: 18 Jun 2022 12:56 AM PDT

    So I play 5 a side footy twice a week and track my workout using my Apple Watch, I'm always the one keeping score too so I have a little app for that however the workout will close the score tracking app and open itself after 30s or so.

    I've tried setting the "go back to watch face after X amount of time" higher but that doesn't stop the workout app from auto switching back to itself.

    Anyone know how to switch this off?

    submitted by /u/-Sinical-
    [link] [comments]

    What's this random chime my watch makes once every few days?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 06:44 PM PDT

    Once every two or three days, my Series 6 will make a quick, three-note chime. It's not the iOS tritone sound, it's much quicker and a little more... electronic. Sounds are hard to describe with words. The point is, it makes this sound randomly and I have no idea why. There's no notification associated with it, and from what I can tell, it's not tied to anything specific. I thought it was a noise level warning, or maybe a headphone sound warning, but it's not. Besides, that should have a notification. Then I thought it could be a thing that happens if my compass complication points north for a moment. Nope. Siri? No, Siri doesn't make that sound, and this sound has no haptic feedback. Battery? No, it happens at different times of day when the battery is at any level.

    I noticed it last year, and I can somewhat confidently say it started sometime after watchOS 8 was installed. Again, Series 6 aluminum, 44mm. The only other factor I can think that could possibly matter is I'm a VoiceOver user. Still, there's no speech when this happens, and it's not a sound VO ever makes on any Apple platform. If anyone knows what this is, I'd love to know. It doesn't hurt anything, and it's so rare that it really doesn't matter, but every time it happens my level of curiosity increases. I REALLY want to know what it is!

    submitted by /u/mehgcap
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck on a boot loop after erasing Apple Watch in series 3 watch any help?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 05:45 PM PDT

    What do you guy suggest I do? I called for a express replacement but after some time the guy just hung up on me. If I give it to an pole store for repair, how long would it take?(still under Apple care)

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 05:43 PM PDT

    I love the standard Apple Watch band. Is it possible to put that band on a standard watch?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 05:42 PM PDT

    I always get frustrated with the flipped end of the band that seems to catch on everything. Not the case when I'm wearing my Apple Watch that lets me tuck in the band.

    Is there a way to use my AW band on a regular Casio watch?

    submitted by /u/BoldFortunes
    [link] [comments]

    Mountain Biking on the Apple Watch (Strava and beyond)

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 07:33 PM PDT

    Seen a few old posts about how Strava is trash on the Apple Watch (crashing, missing activities, calories prioritising distance over HR) and was wondering if this was still the case?

    I'm considering an Apple Watch instead of a new Garmin as I don't use an out 90% of the features, and the price differential is crazy.

    For those that have made the switch do you have any observations? What apps are good to record MTB (Strava, native app, workoutdoors) and how well do they work?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/SidKop
    [link] [comments]

    Question

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 10:51 PM PDT

    Today I found 2 pre-owned Apple watches, a Apple Watch Series 6 and a Apple Watch Series 7. The series 6 for $200 and the series 7 for $300. I'm a bit new to the Apple Watch game, are either a good deal?

    submitted by /u/Tyrantnosaur
    [link] [comments]

    Replace battery or get new watch

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 07:58 PM PDT

    I got the 5 because "always on" was the feature I really wanted. It was a lot faster than my 2 but I have been disappointed in the battery life from the start. I had to turn off a lot of notifications I was used to have on and turn off the "always on". But the 2 still lasted longer even if I tracked a +5hr walk.

    Now the 5 battery health is 83%. I put it on just over 3hrs ago, I haven't done anything and the charge is at 80%.

    It would cost $119 to replace it. Worth it or should I get a new one? Are the batteries better on the new model?

    submitted by /u/Baaastet
    [link] [comments]

    Found a A2474 while snorkeling, it works, but can't connect it to my IPhone, is there a way to force the watch into a hard reset to bypass the Apple ID lock?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2022 01:42 AM PDT

    Trouble with Nike Run Club app

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 07:35 PM PDT

    I just installed NRC on my SE and gave it all the permissions it requested. Now when trying to start a run from the watch, it asks me to give motion & fitness permission on my phone. But when I go to the app settings on my phone, there's no such thing. Screenshots here. All software is up to date. Turned both off and on. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/cocoonamatata
    [link] [comments]

    Notification Big Icons

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 06:37 PM PDT

    Hello Reddit,

    So my girlfriend got me an Apple Watch yesterday and it's my very first time having one. I just have a question, why is it that whenever I get a notification (from messages, instagram and other apps), it shows off a huge app icon on my watch then I have to tap it to see the notification? Is this the new update? Could I perhaps change some settings so I don't need to see the big icon at all and rather just see a preview of the notification? Thank you all in advance!

    PS. I have an Apple Watch Series 7

    submitted by /u/PerkyMelons
    [link] [comments]

    An app for tracking medications in lieu of WatchOS 9

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 02:21 PM PDT

    I'm really looking forward to the addition of medication tracking to the Health app in the coming major update. However it's got me thinking that until were able to update, are there any apps that are, one, privacy conscious, and two, ideally free to download?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/swagmonster55
    [link] [comments]

    Guys if I eliminate an Apple Watch old backup I won’t lost my actual infomation, right?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 05:37 PM PDT

    Series 6 vs 7?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 05:15 PM PDT

    My SE is unretrievable at the bottom of a lake and I'm replacing either with a used 6 or new/used 7.

    If I can get a cellular 6 for $220, a used cellular 7 for $400, or a new 7, is it worth the extra ~$200+ for the 7?

    submitted by /u/MysterioGaming
    [link] [comments]

    Can you buy individual watch faces instead of monthly subscriptions?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 02:00 PM PDT

    I've switched from a galaxy smartwatch to an Apple. I'm not impressed with the Apple Watch faces, but everything else I find wants you to subscribe monthly.

    With my Galaxy watch I could just go to the galaxy store and buy individual watch faces.

    Is there something similar for Apple?

    submitted by /u/sugarqueen79
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Wath/Peloton Syncing

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 09:59 AM PDT

    Hi all-

    So one thing I have started to notice is that I'm getting three different calorie numbers when I do a strength workout on my Peloton Bike+. I have an Apple Watch that is paired with my Bike+ that I use for HR. When I'm done with the workout, I will have 3 different calorie counts: Active and Total calories on my Apple Watch, and Calories in Peloton itself . I have Peloton connected to Strava, so those calorie counts match. I've also noticed that sometimes, I'll go look at my workout on my watch a while later, and the calorie counts (both total and active) have both changed to match whatever is in Peloton/Strava. Does anyone have an idea of what's happening, or what causes the calorie count on Apple Watch to change to match the Peloton count?

    Also, yes I realize that in the big scheme of things, this doesn't matter, but it's really bothering me that I can't seem to figure it out.

    submitted by /u/kevincleary
    [link] [comments]

    Message between iPhone and paired watch

    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 09:41 AM PDT

    My kids are old enough to stay in the car while I run into a store, but they don't have their own phones just yet. I'd like to leave my phone in the car and check in on them if I'm taking more than 5 minutes.

    I've tried texting myself from my watch (it has cellular), but it doesn't seem to show a notification. I don't think I can use Intercom away from wifi. Is there some way to communicate between a watch and the phone it's paired with?

    submitted by /u/DeepSeaDiving
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel