• Breaking News

    Monday, January 28, 2019

    iOS Gaming Weekly /r/iOSGaming Discussion - What have you been playing lately and what do you recommend? - January 28, 2019

    iOS Gaming Weekly /r/iOSGaming Discussion - What have you been playing lately and what do you recommend? - January 28, 2019


    Weekly /r/iOSGaming Discussion - What have you been playing lately and what do you recommend? - January 28, 2019

    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 08:13 PM PST

    Please use this thread to discuss whatever iOS games you've been playing lately. They don't have to be new games, they can be old games and they do not have to be iOS original titles!

    As long as it's an iOS game it belongs in here. Make sure to put the name(s) of the game(s) in bold to make it easier for people skimming the thread to see what you're talking about, and if you'd like to make it really convenient turn the game name into a hyperlink that sends people directly to the App Store!

    To keep track of the thread, the comments are sorted by "new" by default.

    Find previous weekly threads here.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Plans Gaming Subscription Service: Sources

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 08:20 AM PST

    Any new RPGs or JRPGs?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 03:39 AM PST

    Can someone recommend a good RPG or JRPG? I'm tempted to buy the rest of the chapters for FFXVPE, but since I've already bought the full game on PC I'll just wait till it goes on sale. Looking for something to take advantage of the specs for the iPhone XS/max.

    Going to do a bit of traveling so it can't require internet, or at least fast/consistent internet, I don't mind paying for it; in fact I prefer to pay for a good, fun game over a freemium game.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/hipsterinplaid
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Tetris/Lumines puzzler type with MIF Support?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 09:03 AM PST

    Any suggestions for iPad games (ideally with landscape orientation) that support MFI and are similar to either Tetris or Lumines?

    I am so annoyed that the iOS LUMINES port does not support MFI. What were they thinking? I own it but it's just not playable at a serious level with touch controls.

    submitted by /u/cwagdev
    [link] [comments]

    I've been a CCG player for ages and Mythgard is the best thing out there. Wanted to share a primer - in alpha but easy to get into

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 09:02 AM PST

    https://www.gaminghistoria.com/the-mythgard-ccg-is-a-breath-of-fresh-air-for-the-genre/

    If required I can post all 2500 words here, but the link covers everything. The game is fairly easy to get in to the alpha, through Discord the devs are always happy to help. If they aren't there let me know and I can message them as well. Just wanted to share the game with those that have likely not seen it yet.

    submitted by /u/Ostgar
    [link] [comments]

    Non P2W MMO recommendation?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 05:59 AM PST

    Recently been playing Darkness Rises as I used to play it on android. What's a game that's similar to Darkness Rises but without the P2W bs?

    • I don't mind having auto battle (I prefer having auto battle but not necessary)
    • Must be online as I wanna be able to play with friends

    Thanks in advance :)

    submitted by /u/Jetji
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to maintain longevity in an iPad game library?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 06:38 AM PST

    I'm becoming gradually more aware about how system updates can make old downloads unplayable.

    Is there any way at all to avoid this? Maybe turning off the wifi for good?

    submitted by /u/-Sawnderz-
    [link] [comments]

    Games that Support 2 MFI controllers for Local Multiplayer (same device, not LAN) ?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 06:54 AM PST

    I know some games advertise this feature as part of the experience, but some games have this functionality and its not even mentioned. I have been going through my games and trying to find more so I can play local coop (couch coop) with my daughter on my ipad.

    NOTE: I have 2 different brand controllers (Nimbus and Moga) but I have seen threads where people have experienced problems using 2x same controller, like 2 Nimbus' as some games or IOS itself may have issue differentiating them from one another.

    Tested and worked with 2 MFI Gamepads

    -Binding of Isaac

    -Deathroad to Canada

    -Badlands

    -Death Squared

    -Stickman Basketball 2017

    -Horde

    Does anyone know any more that support 2 controllers? COOP or PVP?

    submitted by /u/rangerlump
    [link] [comments]

    I recently got an iPad - What're some forgotten iOS hits I might not've heard about?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 08:54 PM PST

    I'm open to anything but I'm particularly interested in games with unique premises and ideas. Extra points if they don't involve combat.

    This is my app list so far, to give an impression of the variety I'm into.

    - Alphaputt - Angry Birds - Bejeweled - Blendoku 2 - Bloons TD5 - Cook, Serve, Delicious - Cosmic Express - Cut The Rope - Eloh - Eufloria HD - Final Fantasy Tactics: WOTL - Fingle - Framed 2 - Fruit Ninja - holedown - Marching Order - Mini Metro - Monument Valley 2 - Music Tiles - Onirim - Osmos (for iPad) - Plague Inc. - Planet Quest - Plants vs. Zombies - Reigns: Her Majesty - Robot Unicorn Attack 2 - Space Cyclers - Splitter Critters - Super Hexagon - Temple Run - Thimbleweed Park - Vandals - Voi

    submitted by /u/-Sawnderz-
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestion for post Developer Saturday

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 02:35 AM PST

    With the Developers showcasing their games during the weekend. Maybe after it ends, moderators can choose a few best of the games showcased? What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/playplayfungames
    [link] [comments]

    Is there new info about Mario Kart Tour?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 08:31 AM PST

    About one year ago Nintendo stated that they are bringing Mario Kart to cell phones by March 2019. It's been 12 months and there's been no real word from Nintendo on it.

    I'm really looking forward to the game, but I am worried it either will be coming late or not at all.

    submitted by /u/Selenography
    [link] [comments]

    'Super Robot Wars DD' Gets a New Trailer Ahead of Its Release on iOS and Android in Japan Later This Year

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 12:46 AM PST

    chill games to play on horizontal mode on iPad

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 06:26 AM PST

    Like the title says, I'm looking for some decent games to play in Horizontal mode on my iPad. This is either in bed or in fron of the TV so nothing too taxing :)

    I really like idle games like Almost a Hero or Crush Them All, but they tend to only have portrait modes which means the iPad is annoying to hold (especially when charging).

    Other stuff I already have and enjoy are tower defense games and any kind of sim/management games (Bloons, Kingdom Rush, Kairosoft, ...)

    Stuff I'm particularly not looking for is anything arcadey or needing reflexes like endless runners for example.

    submitted by /u/Fake_Unicron
    [link] [comments]

    Which free to play games do you spend money on?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 06:27 PM PST

    I have put a bit of money into Hearthstone and Fortnite (largely because those purchases carry to other platforms, which is nice), but am curious to know what else people spend their money on.

    submitted by /u/CaffeinatedCanuck
    [link] [comments]

    Best iPhone X RPGs?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 03:13 PM PST

    Title. Looking for rpgs that support/integrate the X as I just upgraded from a 7.

    submitted by /u/OnceInTunisia
    [link] [comments]

    Do you have a reference iOS Gaming Blog?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 10:18 PM PST

    Hey, I love this sub and most of the good games that I've really enjoyed playing was because I saw your suggestions on here.

    I was wondering if you had a reference iOS Gaming Blog? If not, why not? What would you like to see?

    I'm just considering creating a quality participative blog where everyone who wishes to can write and post a good detailed article about their favorite game. Would anyone here be interested in that?

    submitted by /u/lepoaro
    [link] [comments]

    simple RPGs

    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 04:37 PM PST

    just looking for something simple. something to just play for 10-15 minutes or for an hour or two. fun action combat. willing to pretty try any rpg game. what are your favorites??

    submitted by /u/Existencex
    [link] [comments]

    Brawl Stars question

    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 04:18 PM PST

    I just got brawl Stars and have been playing about an hour. I like it but I wish the characters were more customizable. Can anyone recommend any similar games that have more of a character building aspect to them? I enjoy perfecting different builds and strategies rather than relying completely on positioning and reaction time

    submitted by /u/Avelek
    [link] [comments]

    Similar Games

    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 01:23 PM PST

    I'm looking for a game that is base building and multiplayer. Pretty much clash of clans but just not that game specifically. The market used to be saturated with them but now it's hard to find them in the App Store. So if anyone has games they play or know of that are good like Clash of Clans that would be great!

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/iSixxth
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for games that require occasional check in

    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 12:10 PM PST

    Ok so I'm not sure what this style of game is called, but basically I'm looking for iOS games where I can make some gameplay decisions and check back later. I remember playing subterfuge years ago and I loved that I could send my ship to a location and have to check back 9 hours later when it finally arrived and then give it another set of instructions. I guess I'm looking for any time of game where moves take time to complete and can't be bypassed by paying to skip ahead.

    submitted by /u/Reaps21
    [link] [comments]

    How often are games left unpatched? Are our purchases safe?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 11:30 AM PST

    I used to game quite a bit years ago on iOS and have found that some of the games I used to play are no longer supported on iOS - either I can't download them or they are not patched for the new devices.

    Is this common and to be expected years down the line? Or was there a reason for some games being left behind? I remember reading about it being possibly due to iOS changing to 64 bit (but I really don't know).

    submitted by /u/CaffeinatedCanuck
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel