• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 29, 2019

    Apple TV Apple Plans to Have Streaming TV Service Ready to Launch by Mid-April

    Apple TV Apple Plans to Have Streaming TV Service Ready to Launch by Mid-April


    Apple Plans to Have Streaming TV Service Ready to Launch by Mid-April

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 07:27 PM PST

    ATV2 New Icons

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 07:33 PM PST

    Youtube stopped working on gen 3

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 04:34 AM PST

    Ok, everything's been fine up to yesterday. I can search and browse videos and look at thumbnails but, when I try and play a video I just get a black screen with the spinning ball of lines like when a video is first loading. Now here's the weird thing, I can play the youtube videos on my iPhone but, when I try to mirror onto ATV they won't mirror! Every other app works on my 3rd Gen and I can mirror any other app onto it. Searched the Internet which suggested I clear cookies in the youtube app, which I did but, it didn't help. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/HighlanderTCBO1
    [link] [comments]

    Netflix 4K Dolby Vision Sparkling Lines

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 03:31 AM PST

    A little peculiar one, I am using Apple TV 4k with a Dell UP2718Q monitor with HDR. Whenever I play a 4k Dolby Vision content through Netflix, there comes a sparking line randomly on the screen. I changed the cables, even bought an Ultra HDMI Cable just to rule out the cable issue! This issue doesn't happen when I play the similar content through Apple TV iTunes app or Amazon Prime. Searched a lot and can't find the solution - tried different video settings ( RGB High, Low, YCbCr with different chroma samplings). Also the same monitor, when connected with a PC, doesn't have any issue playing the same content through Netflix - so monitor doesn't have any issue either! Looking for your expert suggestions!

    submitted by /u/deepirex
    [link] [comments]

    ATV4 keeps switching to automatic updates

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 03:25 AM PST

    I have my ATV4 auto updates set to off, but 3 times in the last 2 days when I turn on the ATV it begins the update process.

    I interupt the process by unplugging it, waiting, and powering up again. It restarts without updating. I then go into settings and turn off auto updates, but it seems to ignore that.

    Anyone else experiencing this? It's mildly infuriating.

    submitted by /u/Svk78
    [link] [comments]

    Can't share my itunes library with ATV

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 11:22 PM PST

    New Apple TV, Awesome for Plex via Plex and Infuse. Loving it.

    I Definitely want to try the home sharing but even after following all the steps can't seem to get the ATV to recognize my itunes library. Both my Mac mini and ATV are hardwired.

    Thanks for the help.

    submitted by /u/GTAVV
    [link] [comments]

    Help! PBS Kids Live Stream Won’t Stop!

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 03:40 PM PST

    When we select an on demand show in PBS Kids, the audio from the live stream just keeps playing on top of the audio of the on-demand show.

    Has anyone ever see this? How do I kill the zombie live stream? I'd even be happy to disable the live stream, if that's possible.

    submitted by /u/pvanb
    [link] [comments]

    Help Me Better Understand How Apps Are Handling Frame Rate and Encoding

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 09:29 AM PST

    Ever since the Apple TV started supporting a variety of TV refresh rates (mainly 24Hz and 50Hz in addition to the typical 60Hz) and added the match frame rate setting, I've become kind of dependent on the high quality video motion that results. A variety of Apple TV apps like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, iTunes, etc. take advantage of the match frame rate feature and switch my TV's refresh rate automatically, but I've found that I can still get the high quality motion with some apps that don't support it. With some of the apps that do not support the match frame rate feature, if I change the Apple TV's refresh rate output manually in its video settings, I will get the high quality motion that I'm looking for. For example, below are some of the results I'm getting with some testing.

    -CW app: Manually changing the Apple TV refresh rate to 24Hz results in high quality smooth motion

    -PBS app: Manually changing the Apple TV refresh rate to 24Hz results in high quality smooth motion with certain content that had terrible looking motion at 60Hz.

    -FX Now app: Manually changing the Apple TV refresh rate to 24Hz results in high quality smooth motion

    -History app: Manually changing the Apple TV refresh rate to 24Hz results in high quality smooth motion with content shot at 24fps (e.g. Vikings)

    -AMC app: Motion still looks bad, even with the Apple TV refresh rate manually set to 24Hz

    -BBC America app: Motion still looks bad, even with the Apple TV refresh rate manually set to 50Hz or 24Hz

    -Science Go app: If I preview a Mythbusters Jr. episode in iTunes, my refresh rate is automatically switched to 50Hz, and the motion of course looks great. If I manually set my Apple TV refresh rate to 50Hz and then watch Mythbusters Jr. in the Science Go app, the motion looks terrible.

    Why am I seeing these varied results? Is it all about how the apps are encoding the streams? Is that what determines the frame rate that a video is streamed at versus the frame rate that the video was originally shot at? Assuming my understanding is correct, does that mean for example that the CW is actually encoding their app streams at 24fps (or more specifically at 23.976), while AMC is encoding their app streams at some other number that results in lower quality motion?

    I also found something else that is interesting. If I preview Blue Planet II (I think it was Blue Planet II) in iTunes, it switches my TV's refresh rate to 50Hz, but if I play it on Netflix, it instead switches my TV's refresh rate to 24Hz. The motion was high quality in both cases though, so I don't totally get how a show can be delivered at both 50Hz and 24Hz with high quality motion.

    submitted by /u/Rybo213
    [link] [comments]

    Confused about video settings

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 01:44 PM PST

    Trying to make sure that I set up the ATV correctly for DV and HDR content......

    Jack Ryan via Amazon - TV reads signal as 4K 24Hz HDR10

    The Grand Tour via Amazon - TV reads 4K 60Hz HDR10

    Dark Tourist via Netflix (just an Ultra 4k title) - 4K 24Hz

    Daredevil via Netflix (DV) - 4K 24Hz Dolby Vision

    Is this right?

    And I don't know which Format to select in the ATV Settings. 4K HDR 60Hz is the highest. The highest for DV was under Other at 30Hz.

    submitted by /u/np2323
    [link] [comments]

    I need help with why airplay isn’t working

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 09:26 PM PST

    Youtube does 1080p now?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 08:10 PM PST

    (Edit: on AppleTV)

    When did this happen? I assumed it only ran 720, until I manually set a video to highest quality just now.

    submitted by /u/InsaneNinja
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV vs. Internal TV Apps

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 05:31 AM PST

    Has anyone else had an issue where the internal TV apps look remarkably better than the ATV apps? Netflix and Prime are the most notable ones for me. I have a Bravia x900F. Do I have a bad setting on the ATV4k? The colors are incredibly vivid when watching Blue Planet II on the internal netflix app, but when I switch to the ATV4k, they are more muted and don't pop as much. With Prime, I was watching the expanse in 4k and it looks crazy good on the internal app, but again, it's dulled down using the ATV4k.

    I'm hoping I just have a bad setting on the ATV. Has anyone had this issue?

    submitted by /u/KidGorgeous19
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know how to display individually purchased seasons of same series?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 07:53 AM PST

    I've purchased several different seasons of paw patrol for my son but there is only one icon in my purchased tab. I have to open it and then scroll through every single paw patrol option to find the handful that have purchased written under it to access which one I want. They aren't even grouped together. It makes it difficult to find specific ones or to remember which is what.

    Is there anyway to display each season with its own icon in the purchased tab? I've tried adding each to favorites, but it's the same scenario.

    submitted by /u/everydaylifee
    [link] [comments]

    Black noise on Hulu and Vudu apps

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 08:47 AM PST

    So I have an Apple TV 4K 64GB and when I watch moves that are not 16x9 aspect ratio and letter box bars below and above the picture (Bladerunner 2049) I can see some very dark (purple) pixelation with Hulu, and Vudu apps. Anyone else see this? When I play the movie via the KS8000 built in YouTube, or Apple TV Purchased Movies Library the noise isn't there. Anyone else seen this? Do this apps user a lower color depth, or higher compression? I was worried my TV was about to die on me.

    Updated first run on sentence to make it longer and included the apps in question.

    submitted by /u/LastLatin
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use my Apple TV 4K to connect my Amazon echo 3rd Gen and use commands from it to tv? Example Such as Alexa play Netflix?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 05:17 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel