• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 30, 2019

    Apple Macbook Saw this on eBay and was wondering what’s the bug or glitch that’s causing this and whether or not it’s easily fixable. It overall seems to be in good condition

    Apple Macbook Saw this on eBay and was wondering what’s the bug or glitch that’s causing this and whether or not it’s easily fixable. It overall seems to be in good condition


    Saw this on eBay and was wondering what’s the bug or glitch that’s causing this and whether or not it’s easily fixable. It overall seems to be in good condition

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 07:23 PM PST

    Is this years MacBook Pro worth buying?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 11:13 PM PST

    I am intending to buy the 15" MacBook Pro baseline some time in the future, however, all I've been seeing while researching this computer is negative press... things like

    • Dust getting underneath the key caps rendering them useless.
    • Ribbon cables connecting the display to the motherboard wearing off easily, which is causing the backlight to either show black patches on the screen or stop working entirely. and it's a $600 repair, seriously?
    • And finally, extreme CPU thermal throttling that clocks it down to 1GHz?

    I mean any one of those reason justifies not buying this years MacBook Pro at all, but I just want to know if they are just extreme edge cases that are likely not to happen to me, or are they common? Because if they are even slightly common, I'll just wait till the new MacBook Pro is released later this year.

    submitted by /u/--Supreme
    [link] [comments]

    Just wanted to say - keep putting pressure on Apple over Flexgate

    Posted: 30 Jan 2019 12:10 AM PST

    Contact every tech blogger or tech youtube personality and tell them about Flexgate, the Flexgate site, the petition, and the recent video links displaying the actual issue with the up close video.

    If we make enough noise we will force Apples hand. Getting really tired of doing this Apple.

    submitted by /u/sushicomped
    [link] [comments]

    so.... i thought my macbook has dirt in it and i used $1 tooth brush n clean it off. thought it was really dirty as the black pigment came off. wondering if that’s the paint? And how do i fix that?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 06:06 AM PST

    Purchasing a used MacBook

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 07:47 PM PST

    Hi friends!

    So I am a college student looking to purchase a used MacBook. I've been searching on OfferUp for some near me.

    The thing is, I don't know anything about MacBooks or their standards. What is the oldest year I should buy? What is the memory like/what level of memory should I buy? Any and all tips are appreciated!

    submitted by /u/amandalmighty
    [link] [comments]

    Let's try to collect some statistics. Please honest answers only

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 11:22 AM PST

    Which MacBook is best for me?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 04:52 PM PST

    I'm a student who pretty much uses his laptop for doing school work and watching Netflix/listening to music. I also just browse the web and that's pretty much it so nothing too processor heavy. I was hoping to get a relatively cheap MacBook Air (probably since this would make most sense for someone in my case). Do you think a 2015 MacBook Air would be sufficient for me and how does that MacBook compare to the current MacBook Air out in terms of speed, performance, and getting future updates?

    submitted by /u/dannytanner12
    [link] [comments]

    Best practice for Macbook Pro 13 multiple extended monitors?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 06:14 AM PST

    Hello, smart people!

    I got a weird question for this thread.Is it possible to get 3 extended monitors on the Macbook Pro 13 (2018, four thunderbolt ports). Apple's website it self say it's only possible with two monitors.

    So my question is: Where is the limit? Can a 87W charger solve this problem? Do i have to buy an external graphic card? (eGPU).

    Are there any people with experience around this theme? What are the options here?

    Thanks in advance for any answers!

    Alexander H

    submitted by /u/Hammerstate
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else experiences a loud noise from the MacBook shell when opening/using the laptop? (MBP 13” 2017 no touchbar)

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 02:43 PM PST

    When I open my laptop or am using it, it will randomly make this loud deep crack noise, it seems to happen when the laptop heats up too. The sound comes from the middle back of the computer (below the apple logo). I read somewhere this may be an issue with the adhesive that attaches components to the aluminum shell. If anyone else is/has experienced this please let me know!

    submitted by /u/SoCalPhotographer
    [link] [comments]

    Trackpad issues after dog jumped on computer

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 12:35 PM PST

    Yesterday I was sitting on the couch using my computer when my dog jumped up and accidentally stepped on my trackpad. After it wouldn't "click" like normal and intermittently my mouse highlights things like I am holding it down. More often though I can light tap to select things, but I don't want it to get worse and have to use an external mouse. Does anyone know what my dog could have possibly damaged and how to go about fixing it?

    edit: Macbook Pro, 15 inch, mid 2014

    submitted by /u/TheElasticPancake
    [link] [comments]

    Best USB-C Hub?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 12:13 PM PST

    Looking on Amazon, but can't find one without enough off-putting reviews about overheating, failure within a few months, or even damage to the machine. Looking for USB-3 and HDMI primarily, but wouldn't hate to have SD & Ethernet on there as well.

    Also feel free to redirect me to a post where this has already been answered.

    submitted by /u/seepeeayyyy
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to speed up a 2018 Macbook Air's performance using any external source?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 07:56 AM PST

    Basically, I'm debating between a 2018 Macbook Air and a 2018 Macbook Pro. The ONLY reason I would get the Pro is due to its higher processing power. I feel like my needs will need to match the Pro's capabilities rather than the Air's, but before i purchase either I just wondered if there was some kind of external device that can process the Macbook Air faster. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/futbolfan10
    [link] [comments]

    Which Macbook? 2015 or 2018

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 07:50 AM PST

    Hi guys,

    I'm thinking of purchasing a brand 13", 500gb ssd, 16gb memory touch bar mac book (approx £1915 on student disc.)

    Or

    The 2015 2.2ghz 15", 256gb ssd, 16gb memory MPB refurbished from apple store for £1600

    I know the 2015 is a bit old, and £1600 is a bit steep for old tech. But having read about the flexgate + keyboard problems on 2018 has had me worried, I'll get applecare+ but I want a bit more than 3 years use out of a laptop.

    I'm not bothered about screen size or portability, i.e. both seem portable with a good screen size to me.

    Any recommendations would be appreciated. And if you have any other laptops in mind, then feel free to suggest. Basically I want something that'll last 5+ years and is fairly portable (2kg or less) and reliable with good customer service and durability, hence looking for a macbook. Cheers!

    submitted by /u/MaximusXVI
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS yellow and black menu with keyboard shortcuts listed?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 10:30 AM PST

    I accidentally had pressed a bunch of keys at once with my elbow and my Mac opened some kind of internal menu that was yellow and black with the keyboard shortcuts listed. It looked like you could edit keyboard shortcuts from there too. Anyone know what this is?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/SMFD21
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for purchasing advice, thank you

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 12:44 AM PST

    Should I be getting a 2018 13-inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar or for about the same amount of money a 2018 MacBook Air or 2017 13-inch MacBook Pro without Touch Bar and additionally a PlayStation 4 Pro for which I have a 4K TV for?

    submitted by /u/lesliecookie
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air 2018 rubber feet making clicking sound.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 08:07 AM PST

    Hello everyone, so I've got this little issue with my new MacBook Air 2018 that I got for Christmas. Basically whenever I place my hand on the right side of the computer beside the trackpad the rubber foot below makes a clicking sound if I place my hand on it. This only noticeable when the computer is flat on a desk and say I lean on it when typing (Or press down). However if I flip it over and press the foot, it makes the sound but it doesn't when I touch the surrounding area meaning it's only coming from the foot and not the aluminium body. Could there be some trapped air in the foot and if so would asking apple to replace the foot solve the issue? It is quite annoying to say this computer cost nearly £1200.

    Many thanks.

    submitted by /u/dayley28
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro won't recognize monitor over USB-C (2018, Mojave)

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 06:44 AM PST

    I'm trying to use the cable that came with my Mac for charging, a USB-C. Plugging it into the back of my monitor (LG29UM59A), my Macbook will charge, but won't recognize the monitor. The monitor reports no signal. Holding "option" on the display preferences window allows me to click "detect displays" but this does nothing.

    Do I need a different type of USB-C cable? I assumed they are all the same, but I can't find any info on this. The monitor works fine with HDMI and an older Macbook.

    Just wondering if I need to download some driver, or if I need a new cable, or what.

    EDIT: I just tried it with a different USB-C cable I had from my phone, and this time the monitor detected the signal briefly, but then it said no signal again.

    submitted by /u/thatseemslogical
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with a second hand MacBook

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 05:41 AM PST

    A friend of mine gave me a MacBook Pro that she got from a house clearance. I booted it up and the login requires a password. I'm just wondering, if I replace the m.2, will i be able to start from scratch? I've never used an apple computer before so I'm sorry if this is a stupid question

    submitted by /u/blythffs
    [link] [comments]

    FileVault - turned on automatically?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 12:46 AM PST

    Hey,

    is there any chance to check IF I turned on FileVault while first booting? I'm not sure if I enabled it, but now it's turned on...

    I'm wondering so because I see my Macbook slows down after recent update... (14.10.3)

    submitted by /u/szonk
    [link] [comments]

    Are you still using an older macbook?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 03:32 AM PST

    Every now and then I look at the used market to sell my 15" late 2013 mbpr and switch to a more powerful machine but even if this model has been release 5-6 years ago it feels so good that I cannot find anything to replace it with for a reasonable amount.

    Awesome keyboard, best build quality I've ever seen in a laptop, lovely trackpad, decent battery life, kinda powerful enough and great reliability. Even if I was to buy a new laptop for around 1k I would look into a used 15" retina. The only new Mac that I could consider buy would be the Mac mini because I could not afford to have a broken keyboard every few moths.

    I think that I could keep this notebook as long as it lasts, I could see it being used even for the next few years. I don't like apple at all but I've used plenty of windows laptops ( even the XPS 13/15 and some surface) and I would prefer buying the MacBook Air 2015 for 800$ even with that shitty display (owned for 3 years at uni, the macbook I loved the most) because I know that it will last for a long time and won't have any issue. I only wish that apple would have not soldered the ram on the motherboard...

    What macbook are you using? How much time do you intend to keep it?

    submitted by /u/RawPow
    [link] [comments]

    What are the "other" files on my hard disc?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 02:57 AM PST

    so i d'ont know much about computers. Now i have some problems with getting my pictures from my phone to my macbook since my hard disc is full. Its mostly (80%) full with "other" . How the f*ck can i find out who these others are? and where to see them and maybe delete them? I searched a bit on the internet but i'm scared of these programs to clean up computers. so yeah all help is much appreciated:)

    grtz stro

    submitted by /u/stromans
    [link] [comments]

    Impossible dock / hub needs... can they be met?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 11:49 PM PST

    I work in an audio studio and bring my 2017 MBP to work each day. I just moved into a new studio and need a whole new plugging in regime that isn't so annoying to do every day. Here's what I need to plug in:

    - 4 x USB A devices

    - 1 x charger (taking up 1 USB C / Thunderbolt 3 port)

    - 2 x USB C devices

    I have a Satechi hub that I use at the moment, but it doesn't allow me to plug in all of my USB A devices (only has 3 USB A ports) and it's kind of messy as it has a short cable and just hangs off the side of the MBP, which sits with some other equipment under the desk top.

    So - is there a hub or dock anyone can recommend that can make this work for me? At present the MBP has all these cords hanging out and the nature of the Thunderbolt 3 ports seems to be that they come out pretty easily, so it's a bit of a disaster. If there was a way I could just have everything plugged in then slide into a dock i'd love to know about it!

    submitted by /u/ThatHelicopter
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel