• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 29, 2019

    Apple Help Getting video calls on Macbook Pro launches Frozen (yes, the movie)

    Apple Help Getting video calls on Macbook Pro launches Frozen (yes, the movie)


    Getting video calls on Macbook Pro launches Frozen (yes, the movie)

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 05:27 PM PST

    So... A bit of an awkward situation at work today... I have a 2018 MacBook Pro... Got a video call via Microsoft Teams, answered it, iTunes (not open at the time) launched, and started to autoplay Frozen (which had been previously bought and is enjoyed incessently by a certain demographic in my house). Happened a few times, not sure why. I could let it go, then I'd be able to use that pun until it gets way too old...

    Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/coachlasso
    [link] [comments]

    How do I take a Scrolling Image Screenshot on an iPhone?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 10:12 AM PST

    I want to capture a complete page in 1 image in the settings area. The whole area is bigger than what I can see on the screen so I need to scroll down to see it all. Therefore, is it possible to capture everything in 1 image?

    submitted by /u/superfli
    [link] [comments]

    Upon booting up my MacBook, I'm greeted with this screen. Any insight as to what's wrong/what I can do?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 07:09 PM PST

    Hey all - apologies for the lack of detail; I'm posting on behalf of a friend. Whenever they boot up their MacBook, they're getting this screen. Is there any way to tell what's wrong with it, and/or how to fix it?

    Many thanks for any help <3

    submitted by /u/Unimarobj
    [link] [comments]

    New MacBook Air stuck space key

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 04:56 PM PST

    I am writing this without correcting the typos that this keyboard makes me write, so people can see first hand how bad this issue is. Maybe I will finish writing without any typo, but if any key gets stuck while I am typing this, I won't fix it.

    I am a writer and a programmer, so, to eat, I literally have to type. I have owned this. (see, stuck. space bar turns spaces into dots, and it happened again here) computer for less than 2 weeks, and typing in this is a terrible experience.

    This shit makes me lose time. (again)reading the articles I have to write twice, to check if there is no unwanted dots from the stuck space bar. I have to fix MANY MORE BUGS now because keys.(again) get stuck.

    I have.(and again) heard about this issue from other people, and I have accepted, I thought it would take months to happen to me, but no, less than 2 weeks in, and I cannot get my work done because the keyboard does not allow me to.

    Of course, I am taking. (again, Iwill stop pointing the space bar errors, but they will surely happen again) this shit to an Apple certified repair so they can replace my laptop. But. this is annoying. In my city there is no certified Apple repair shop or store, and I don't have free time like those bastard engineers that had nothing better to do and decided to change the keyboard. My time is money, and I will have to spend a whole day taking this shit to Apple, and then maybe a whole week to get it fixed, and then another day traveling to get it back, and still, there is the risk that this crap will break on me in less than a month again.

    I am a freelancer and my time is money, I can't afford to go to an Apple store every month, if this is what they plan to do.

    TL;DR:

    - Less than 2 weeks of use, the third generation butterfly keyboard shows stuck keys

    - Will have to travel to another city to fix

    - Apple sucks

    submitted by /u/igormuba
    [link] [comments]

    My apple order keeps getting automatically cancelled without a reason??

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 09:41 PM PST

    Hey so I'm trying to order the new Apple Pencil but my order keeps getting cancelled after a few days. It's strange because I don't cancel it on my own but when I go back to check my order status a few days later it says cancelled without any email or explanation? It's annoying because I was looking foreword to getting the new Apple Pencil and I don't live close enough to an Apple store to go buy one myself. Does anyone know why Apple has cancelled my order, this is the second time it's happened to me.

    submitted by /u/JP_Dannenberg
    [link] [comments]

    Orange 'smudge' on 2016 MacBook​ Pro w/ Touch bar, anyone with experiences of this?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 01:43 PM PST

    Hi all,

    After getting home from work today and booting up my MacBook Pro (2016, 15" Touch Bar) I noticed an orange smudge on the left corner of my screen (image here: https://i.imgur.com/r6HX0Bp.jpg) I spoke to Apple support and have a genius appointment booked for Sunday. I was just wondering if anyone had experiences with this, and since this seems to be quite a common issue (according to google) will it be costly?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/OllieHoff
    [link] [comments]

    Phone making humming sound, sounds like kid humming HELP ME IM SO SCARED!!!

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 09:10 PM PST

    Help me please ;-;

    submitted by /u/WhatItzLikeToBeMe
    [link] [comments]

    What are these lines on my display?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 09:33 AM PST

    2014 MacBook Pro I use for everything - including work on location. Had this problem a little over a year ago, working out in the cold, gust of wind came through, closed my MacBook, wind passes, opened it up and there this random distorted lines across my screen. They grew and changed over time. Once I got back home I took it to the Apple store, but by the time I was able to get an appointment the problem had gone away (much like going to the doctor). The genius said there wasn't anything wrong with it but blew out "a good amount of debris" from the insides. Smooth sailing ever since.

    Today, I was working out in the cold and the wind and closed my MacBook while waiting for some people to show up, when I opened it up, the random distorted lines were at the bottom of my screen.

    I'm hoping they go away again. Any idea what is causing them/how to prevent them. If not working in wind/cold were an option, believe me, I'd take it. However I have to go where the work takes me

    Here are the lines

    two pictures of the lines

    submitted by /u/iamnickrobinson
    [link] [comments]

    Tried to move photos from iPhone X to PC and lost them.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 07:21 PM PST

    Hi, just hoping maybe someone can help. I've contacted both apple and Microsoft and they're playing the "ask the other guy" game.

    I plugged my iPhone X into my PC and used file explorer to transfer photos. I did cut/paste, so the files are gone from the iPhone. They looked like they transferred to my pc but the files are empty. The names are there, but there's no data and the file size says 0 kB. I tried moving them back to the phone in file explorer but I get an error. I tried syncing the file to my home through iTunes but the files with 0 kB don't sync. Is there any way to get these pictures back? They're pictures of my baby and I'm devastated at the thought they're just gone. Any help would be appreciated.

    Also, I do not have them saved to the cloud or shared to another device. They were solely on my phone.

    submitted by /u/Teh_Dusty_Babay
    [link] [comments]

    How will wearing an Apple Watch on my throwing hand in bowling affect my physical activity data vs wearing it on my non throwing hand?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 03:16 PM PST

    Should I wear on that arm when bowling for more accurate readings? I like it on my left wrist but I bowl with my right. Should I switch it when bowling to log physical activity better?

    submitted by /u/FangFingersss
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud issues?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 06:43 PM PST

    I'm on keynote and it keeps asking me if I want to delete the document that was deleted on another device. Haven't done anything on another device and when I click keep it keeps popping up. Any clues as to what it is?

    submitted by /u/sriiracha
    [link] [comments]

    I got a replacement iPhone, is it unlocked?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 06:10 PM PST

    I got my old phone replaced at the apple store and he never told me whether it's unlocked or not. iPhone SE, running 12.1.2, consumer cellular.

    submitted by /u/WhaWhatt
    [link] [comments]

    App that allows forced screen rotation?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 06:02 PM PST

    Is there an app that allows forced screen rotation. My gf's iPhone has a faulty bottom screen. She can't confirm Uber requests, even with the native screen rotation located in accessibility. Is there an app that could rotate the screen/apps upside-down?

    submitted by /u/Hesus0430
    [link] [comments]

    Is Apple still fixing screen delamination issues on MBPs?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 03:23 AM PST

    I see several auctions on Ebay for Retina MBPs with good prices, apparently because "the protective coating on the screen is coming off." I'm guessing this is the delamination problem I've heard about, but I can't get a good answer from the Gods of Google as to wether it's still being dealt with or not.

    My other question is: Any of you guys just take the damn coating off and been happy with the results?

    submitted by /u/SpaceForceAwakens
    [link] [comments]

    I can no longer import screenshots from my iPhone to Photos on MacOS Mojave

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 01:49 PM PST

    I back up my photos from my iPhone to my MacBook about once a month. Ever since I updated to Mojave, when I plug my iPhone into my MacBook, only photos that I've taken on the phone are show as items that haven't been imported yet. Basically, none of my screenshots are showing as available to be imported. Any idea why this is happening? I looked in the Photos OS settings and I don't see any options regarding snapshots.

    submitted by /u/snackdaniels
    [link] [comments]

    I have an iPhone 8 and I tried making a Group FaceTime earlier. Then my phone did the loading ring for around 10 minutes and now I can’t call or FaceTime at all. Any help?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 05:20 PM PST

    iPod and MusixMatch app

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 05:19 PM PST

    I have an iPod Touch, and want to see lyrics of songs on the device. I tried downloading MusixMatch Lyrics Finder but the App Store says it is not compatible with my iPod, darn it. Is there any way around this? I use Spotify on the iPod rather than iTunes, but if iTunes is the only way to see lyrics, I am OK with that.

    submitted by /u/cgm707
    [link] [comments]

    2009 Mac turns on into a white screen then a file icon with a question mark.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 04:49 PM PST

    I have tried to boot into recovery mode but it just doesn't work and goes to the blinking file with a question mark. I have os x 10.8 and a Mac 2009.

    submitted by /u/R3d_N1nj4
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with Lockscreen and mulitple user accounts...

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 02:32 PM PST

    Mac OS 10.13.4, when the screensaver engages or when you lockscreen from the Apple Menu, the computer won't let you login an alternate user. If you do option+return (or maybe it was command+return) you get a username and password for an admin to login which will let you login to the existing user and log them out. You cannot leave the login alone and simply login as another user.

    Oddly enough if you login as guest, you can log out and the window now shows you a list of people who can login. This is the screen I want to get to so that I can not touch the other logged in user, but can login as another user, Does anyone know how to do this in this situation? How can I get the back arrow or list of users so that I can login rather than just getting a black screen?

    submitted by /u/Autu
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro Retina 15" Anti-Glare Coating is driving me crazy.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 01:48 PM PST

    My screen's anti-glare issue is starting to annoy me a lot. It's unfortunately out of the 4 Year Replacement program and Apple is charging me $1500 to fix it as if anyone can afford that. I've heard some people we're lucky enough to have Apple side with them and still replace the screen even when it was out of the 4 year warranty program. You guys think I can get Apple to help me fix it without me paying for more than what a new laptop would cost? Do I have a chance, what should I do for them to actually help me?

    submitted by /u/brandon_nel2307
    [link] [comments]

    macbook pro 2016 screen problem.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 01:26 PM PST

    so yeah I have the MacBook Pro from 2016 and I have some really fucking weird problem. All was normal like 5 hours ago when I used my laptop last time, but now when I used again the screen is weird. I can see all the pixels very clearly. Everything else is working normal, but the resolution is like shit. I already checked my setting and they were normal. The quality is better when I zoom with the maximum power. Its fucking weird and I don't like this.

    submitted by /u/Heksuuj
    [link] [comments]

    I lost my Iphone

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 01:09 PM PST

    So I basically lost my iPhone and don't know what to do. I'm not in my home country so I don't have network in my phone and thats why I can't use find my iPhone... But I have the IMEI-code still. Is there any way that Polices can track my phone with that ?

    submitted by /u/Heksuuj
    [link] [comments]

    I’m trying to get a purchased album back on my phone after deleting it because it downloaded incorrectly. But syncing the phone to iTunes isn’t working. What should I do?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 04:14 AM PST

    Here's what happened:

    1. I bought an album on the iTunes store.
    2. That album existed on both my iPhone and my MacBook.
    3. However, something went wrong with the download, and each track appeared twice on my phone, with only one playable. The cover art was missing.
    4. This wasn't that big of a deal, but it was annoying enough that I deleted it thinking that I could resync it and all would be good in the hood. So I deleted it on my phone.
    5. Now it's on my computer but it won't seek with my phone.
    6. In between (1) and (4), I moved abroad and switch iTunes stores to my new country. So it does not seem to recognize the purchase I made and won't let me download the album again (I'm guessing the change in the iTunes store is what is causing this, but I dunno). I'm hesitant to switch back to the old store, make the download, and switch to the new store, because I don't know the implications of doing that.

    So all I want to do is get this album back on my phone. How do I do that?! Why does Apple make everything so damn difficult? I feel like I should just be able to drag the album onto the phone in iTunes, but nope, can't do that! So frustrating...

    submitted by /u/ImpeachDumpfNOWREEEE
    [link] [comments]

    No access to previous devices with two-factor authentication. How can I access my ID?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 11:10 AM PST

    Hey there! Just got an iPod Touch. Tried signing into my Apple ID, but I have two-factor authentication set up. Unfortunately I don't have access to previous devices. Is there a way around this? :(

    submitted by /u/NoMoreAnxiety
    [link] [comments]

    Why can't I turn off automatic time zone?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 11:04 AM PST

    I wanna turn off automatic time zone but it's like locked and I can't turn it off. What to do?

    submitted by /u/metalglovings
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel