• Breaking News

    Monday, October 15, 2018

    macOS Notifications at full volume while sleeping

    macOS Notifications at full volume while sleeping


    Notifications at full volume while sleeping

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 12:12 AM PDT

    So it's about midnight and I'm barely awake... My phone is on DND as well as my computer (I don't usually have it on DND because when it's asleep it doesn't/shouldn't make noise, but for some reason I had left it on accidentally). All of a sudden I hear a really really loud ding (my email notification) come from my MacBook Pro. It's docked and plugged into my monitor, but the monitor is completely off and the Mac is sleeping. Somehow, some way, the notification busted through DND, AND through the volume presumably being disabled since it was plugged into my monitor, AND through the sleep state (I can confirm it was sleeping/in clamshell sleep because when I opened it the monitor was off and it had to wake from sleep). It's happened a few times but not often and I can't quite narrow it down. There's something either very weird glitching with notifications and audio and sleep while plugged into a dormant monitor, OR I'm just really dumb and totally missing something here. Any help or insight is greatly appreciate!!

    Note: I'm not sure if the audio came through the Monitor's speakers or the built-in speakers.

    TL;DR my MBP's notifications sound at full volume in the middle of the night while on DND and while sleeping, and while plugged into an external monitor.

    submitted by /u/Ironmxn
    [link] [comments]

    Question about killing adobe creative cloud backgrounds with terminal

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 11:11 AM PDT

    I found this command line which is made into an alias to kill all adobe creative cloud programs when I'm not using Adobe. For those who don't know adobe has too many programs in the background when not using Adobe programs and it would be too difficult to manually go into activity monitor and close them. Here is the line, I've also gone into Launch Agent and Launch Daemon and deleted all adobe related files.

    alias nothankyouadobe="sudo -H killall ACCFinderSync \"Core Sync\" AdobeCRDaemon \"Adobe Creative\" AdobeIPCBroker node \"Adobe Desktop Service\" \"Adobe Crash Reporter\""

    The script works well I just want to make sure I'm not going to mess with anything, I'm on Mojave.

    (I noticed the command line is not showing the \ symbols after the quotations. Must be a reddit thing)

    It would be nice for macOS to have a feature which blocks any type of background program like adobe's cloud services. Lots of creatives like myself do not use adobe's cloud features and it's just running even when not using Adobe.

    submitted by /u/spacediamond
    [link] [comments]

    Full screen not working in Mojave

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 01:29 AM PDT

    Before the update, apps that I quit while in full screen would reopen in full screen. Now that I'm on Mojave, a few apps continue to open as a window no matter what state it was in when it was closed. So far I've counted Messages, Discord, Final Cut Pro, Motion, the App Store, and (sometimes) iTunes. Yet a bunch of other apps (Safari, Mail, Pages etc) all open fine.

    Is this a glitch? Is there a terminal command I can input to make all new windows and apps open in full screen no matter what?

    submitted by /u/AcrobaticPersonality
    [link] [comments]

    How can I find the latest Nvidia Drivers for my Macbook Pro's 650M?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 09:19 PM PDT

    I've heard that installing drivers direct from Nvidia can improve graphics performance. I can't seem to find any listed on their website, and only by googling (which returns older versions). Does anyone have a link to the latest Nvidia release for HS/Mojave?

    submitted by /u/CompiledSanity
    [link] [comments]

    Clone apps?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 04:56 PM PDT

    Is there a way to duplicate apps on Mac OS. I know there is a way on jailbroken iPhones but is that a possibility on stock OS in Mac?

    submitted by /u/Gamer1189
    [link] [comments]

    Feature desperately needed in macOS

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 11:27 AM PDT

    Can Apple create a way to block programs that run in the background. For example adobe creative suite cloud services has a bunch of programs which run in the background. Adobe has a monopoly on software for creatives I can't find an alternative for after effects which uses plugins. Since it's so popular apple should hit them back with a feature which blocks their background programs from running. Right now I'm using a terminal command line to stop all the programs everytime I quit adobe.

    The feature could include blocking certain programs from launching automatically and gaining Internet access or even customizing when they are allowed to access Internet. For example photoshop needs to connect to the Internet to know it's licensed but besides that they have a bunch of other cloud programs running which some creatives don't use at all.

    Adobe is not going to do anything about this because they are forcing everyone onto their cloud. I'm sure there are other programs out there with similar problems where a user needs to use a program and that program autolaunches sub programs the user doesn't want to launch or use.

    I believe adobe cc is one of the most popular programs installed on macOS so I know others are looking for this type of feature too.

    submitted by /u/spacediamond
    [link] [comments]

    Need to service battery after updating to Mojave?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 03:28 PM PDT

    So I Just purchased a mid 2012 non-retina MacBook Pro. After updating to Mojave, it now says I have to service the battery. Also my battery life hasn't been as good as it was on high Sierra. Has this happened to anyone else?

    I have a cycle count of 508.

    submitted by /u/Mike_Hagen54
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro is not recognizing my SD card...

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 03:56 PM PDT

    Hey macOS reddit, I have a challenge for anyone willing to take it on.

    Im currently having trouble accessing the files on my 128GB storage expansion SD card I bought a few years back. Up until today, I've had no trouble accessing the SD card. Today, the SD card does not show up in Finder or Disk Utility when I access it from my desktop. However, when I access Disk Utility from the macOS Recovery mode (by holding Command + R on start up) I can see the SD card there (it shows that the SD card is mounted). Then when I restart the OS and return to my desktop, I still can't see the SD card in Finder and it still does not appear in Disk Utility.

    I don't understand how my SD card would appear in Disk Utility when I access it in macOS Recovery mode but the SD card does not appear in Disk Utility when I access it from my desktop.

    Here is a list of things I've done to try and solve the issue: Restarted computer (multiple times) NVRAM Reset (Option+Command+P+R) SMC Reset (Shift+Control+Option+Power)

    Any support or theories would be helpful. ALL of my school files are on that SD card.

    submitted by /u/ClockwiseBacon
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know how to disable collection of mac analytics (more than disable *sharing* of analytics)

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 07:29 PM PDT

    Just noticed that while apple are very direct about our consent to upload our analytics data, it seems that macos is constantly collecting usage data, the exact same stuff that makes using a microsoft os a little disturbing.

    If you open the 'Console' app and have a look in the Mac Analytics section, just look at all the stuff macos is observing about you every few minutes or more.

    If only for the sake of of efficiency, using up cpu and battery for something i'm not part of, anyone know how to disable the actual collection of these detailed usage metics?

    If its all just marketing image and apple are actually delicately trying to be as close to another microsoft and google as they can, i guess we should be greatful that we as end users can see this stuff in text form at all.

    Thanks for any tips. We'll have to leave it to 'trust' again otherwise, just like with microsoft, sigh.

    EDIT: Looking around, on some days its generated about 800kb per day of usage data about me. Also it logs a hash for your machine with every entry, so with icloud and applid you're about as anonymous as google (ie, only until they decide they don't want you to be).

    submitted by /u/gorbash212
    [link] [comments]

    Fans on when they wouldn’t be in before after update to mojave

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 02:58 PM PDT

    My 2014 MacBook Pro now turns on the fans when I use a screen record program called Viola. This did not occur before the Mojave update. And it's specifically related to Viola as the fans turn on when I use the program and then off when I'm done record.

    On my 2017 iMac, this does not occur using the same program for the same purposes. Any idea why? I thought Mojave wouldn't make much difference on my laptop. I wouldn't say it's comparability issues since it works normally on my iMac. Does Mojave use more resources that my laptop now heats up when I used a resource extensive program?

    submitted by /u/emndz23
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for an app(s) that can give me information on activities and log of when and how many times MBP (2017, running Mojave) has been turned on and off and what programs were opened, etc.

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 11:54 AM PDT

    Hi there, Im sort of new. I know in terminal I can do last reboot, to find out the times the laptop has been turned off and on. However I am also looking for a log of what applications/programs were opened and used during does times.
    On windows there is https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/computer_turned_on_times.html and https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/computer_activity_view.html
    Is there anything similar to that on a Mac?

    submitted by /u/TacticalGeekBC
    [link] [comments]

    Messages App constantly crashing on Mojave - Anyone experiencing this?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 09:35 AM PDT

    Usually crashes when switching between conversations for me. I get spinning wheel and need to force quit and restart every time. Anyone successfully resolved this?

    submitted by /u/dsalib98
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes playback issue

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 12:21 PM PDT

    macOS 10.14, 2018 i7 MacbookPro

    While playing iTunes bought movies. The video will either play for a few seconds before freezing while Audio continues to play or stutters. Freezing at times and then continuing a few seconds letter. A restart somewhat fixed the issue. After a restart movies start and continue playing however there are times where green pixelation happens at time before being cleared up.

    It happens with multiple movies, stored locally or streamed. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

    submitted by /u/lvalen91
    [link] [comments]

    Spotlight Search Bar

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 08:46 AM PDT

    I am having this "issue" with my spotlight search where it pops up but is not in the center of the screen. It is offset to the upper left corner of the screen but just looks out of place. I updated to macOS Mojave and just noticed it. There isn't any functional issue but it just looks strange cosmetically. Any ideas?

    - MacBook Pro Retina

    - screen scaled to 1440x900

    submitted by /u/RaceBotFPV
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel