• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 17, 2018

    macOS Macbook idle draining

    macOS Macbook idle draining


    Macbook idle draining

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 09:42 PM PDT

    hey i've got a 2015 macbook pro 13' and i feel like for the past month it's been dying a lot quicker on idle. Two nights ago when I used my macbook last it was at 60% or so when I closed it. Today I opened it up and it was dead. (never used to do this before) Battery when using my macbook seems to be still decent. Lasts me a solid 5 hours of use

    I completely wiped it and installed mojave earlier this month (I think it started doing this since before I wiped it but I can't confirm). I only have 222 battery cycles.

    any way to check what drains it overnight? I always close every open app/program when I'm done using it

    submitted by /u/southtea
    [link] [comments]

    Shutoff at around 50% battery

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 09:49 PM PDT

    Shutoff at around 50% battery

    My Mid-2012 MacBook Pro (i5, 16 GB RAM, non-retina, 13'') randomly shuts off as it reaches around 50% battery when disconnected from power. After shutting down, it boots up normally and runs normally. This was an issue on MacOS Sierra as well, and updating to High Sierra has not fixed the issue. I have rebooted the machine, reset the SMC, nothing seems to work. I have included a picture of my battery specifications from the system report.

    https://i.redd.it/q0m2gl41fos11.png

    submitted by /u/theGup1
    [link] [comments]

    All of my desktop icons have disappeared. They are still there in finder, but I’d really like them back on my desktop. Any help?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 10:55 PM PDT

    Is it a feature or a bug? I want to fix this

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 08:37 PM PDT

    Is it a feature or a bug? I want to fix this

    After upgrade to Mojave, I notice one of my frequently used folders has a colored title bar. How can I fix it?

    https://i.redd.it/3whvlcv52os11.png

    The other folders just work fine. If there is any settings I need to change or does this issue has been mentioned before?

    Thanks~

    submitted by /u/Clem_Harvey
    [link] [comments]

    When using the terminal command for reverting to High Sierra-esque dark mode, is there a way to change spotlight to dark as well?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 09:03 PM PDT

    I've been using the "defaults write -g NSRequiresAquaSystemAppearance -bool YES" command to get the old dark mode behavior back, which is just the dock and menu bar. I like it a lot, but I'm a bit irritated that spotlight still uses the "light" mode.

    Is there a command to change this back to dark as well? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Satzlefraz
    [link] [comments]

    Safari unusable ever since Mojave

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 10:09 AM PDT

    Hi guys!

    I could really use your help on this matter as I am not really able to solve this problem myself...so, I am still working on my MacBook Pro 15'' Mid 2012 and it works flawlessly. However, since I upgraded to macOS Mojave, Safari is pretty much unusable because any action lags like crazy. Loading time for sites is incredibly slow; opening a vid on youtube takes like 15 seconds(!) and any action on the site lags as well. Funny thing, Chrome works fine.

    How do I solve that?

    submitted by /u/RidingTheRide
    [link] [comments]

    Disappointment About MacOS Mojave's UI Details

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 01:17 AM PDT

    I have big disappointment about MacOS Mojave's UI details and wanted to share it. I think Apple has lost their unique approach to designing details on MacOS. In example there are some stupid light borders at top (screenshots: #1, #2, #3) and bottom. There are stupid borders on system menus too. Also AppStore's search box has ugly appearance (screenshots: #1, #2). And don't forget the font smoothing disaster.

    So what do you think about this topic?

    submitted by /u/fatihturan
    [link] [comments]

    Old Macbook boots up faster than the new one

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 01:08 AM PDT

    How come my white Macbook from 2008 with SSD and MacOS Lion boots up faster than the my new Macbook Pro 13" 2018 with Mojave? On the old one the boot up it's almost nothing, but on the new one there's one loading screen, I put my password and... another loading screen!?

    submitted by /u/xglacius
    [link] [comments]

    Mail not showing notifications for new mail on Mojave

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 09:21 PM PDT

    Anyone else got this problem?

    Everything in Notification Center is setup to display a banner but it never shows. I get the 'Ding' and the app badge but no banner and no record in Notification Center.

    submitted by /u/satysin
    [link] [comments]

    New PDF from Images Automator action on Mojave

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 01:44 PM PDT

    I am a bit confused by how the New PDF from Images action works these days.

    I use this action a lot to made pdfs from archival documents I photograph. It was always a straightforward affair. Now the process seems to take slightly longer, and the produced files are bigger. A month ago, when I used it on a set of 100 images amounting to 50mb, the resulting PDF would be 50mb as well. Now the size can more than double in some cases.

    The action now seems to require me to specify an approach to page sizes (3 options). Was this always the case? Could this be the culprit?

    I use a very simple workflow. "Get specified Finder items" -> "New PDF from images".

    submitted by /u/RomanTeapot
    [link] [comments]

    more and more business is conducted on text, can't we get a more full-featured messaging platform?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 11:21 AM PDT

    like, integration with other messaging applications. and, ability to reply to a comment higher in a thread, and some kind of system to flag a message for follow-up. Anyone come across an app or hack that can help with these things?

    submitted by /u/turdfergusonpdx
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS Mojave is the worst MacOS in history

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 12:48 AM PDT

    I updated to MacOS from high sierra to mojave tonight. Man, this OS update is completely trash. Everything runs extremely laggy. Videos are unplayable with cut-off sound. Volume key crash the entire system as the video showing below. Already tried doing both scm and pram reset, even wasted an hour to reinstall mojave. Still same bs. Currently running the macbook air mid 2013. Does anyone also have the same issue? This is the one of the worst apple experience i ever had.

    https://reddit.com/link/9owkba/video/fvj4ab699ps11/player

    submitted by /u/MochiRya96
    [link] [comments]

    Changing Font in macOS Sierra

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 01:15 PM PDT

    The research I've done I have seen it is very hard to change the system font for mac OS Sierra (what I am running). I want to change the font to the Google font but i cant seem to find anything other than the Lucida Grande. Has anyone been able to find out how to change the font at all or is it nearly impossible to do?

    If anyone could help that would be great. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Brasil9luciano
    [link] [comments]

    Desktop stacks: arrange manually?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 08:10 AM PDT

    Desktop stacks seem like they could be useful, but I can't figure out how to disable auto arrangement of the stack icons. Having a custom arrangement and positioning helps me remember what is where on the desktop. Can anyone help in this regard?

    submitted by /u/bartlettdmoore
    [link] [comments]

    Shift+Command+Arrow Keys hotkey conflicts in Finder when Multiple Tabs Are Open

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 03:37 PM PDT

    Hey just hoping someone can give me some clues as to how to fix a small but frustrating issue:

    I use the Shift+Cmd+Arrow Key command constantly for work to rename files in Finder (files which must be largely renamed one by one, unfortunately).

    Since updating to Mojave, however, whenever I attempt to use that hotkey in a Finder window with more than one tab open, the hotkey changes tabs, rather than selecting the text I'm after.

    I looked into it and found that hotkey DOES switch tabs according to the docs (although why double up with both that AND Shift+Cmd+brackets, I don't know), but surely it should respect the "renaming" field while it's highlighted and active? Or am I missing something?

    Thanks much for any help!

    Thanks very much

    submitted by /u/voltaire-o-dactyl
    [link] [comments]

    Can't reinstall MacOS

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 09:08 AM PDT

    I deleted everything on my hard drive in the disk utility application. When I want to reinstall macOS now, it says 5 minutes remaining, then after liek 1 hour it says 4 minutes remaining and then it completely stops progressing! Does anyone know a way how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/finn579
    [link] [comments]

    Hot corner "show Desktop": Drag and drop for images from Chrome to Desktop no longer works since 10.13.6

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 06:29 AM PDT

    Hey /r/macOS/

    I'm a huge fan of the "show Desktop" hot corner action and use my Desktop as a temporary store for files I'm working on.

    Since 10.13.6 I noticed that dragging and dropping of images from a Chrome tab to the Desktop didn't work reliably anymore. Since 10.14 it has become impossible.

    It still works, if the Chrome window is not fully maximized and I drag files to the Desktop without using the hot corner.

    Does anybody have a fix for this?
    Is this due a Chrome setting that I'm missing? I feel it started happening since Chrome's recent update, but I can't pinpoint it exactly.

    Thanks a lot in advance

    submitted by /u/nezia
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel