• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 17, 2018

    Apple Macbook Key-Combination Commands and Shortcuts for the Ultimate Mac Experience

    Apple Macbook Key-Combination Commands and Shortcuts for the Ultimate Mac Experience


    Key-Combination Commands and Shortcuts for the Ultimate Mac Experience

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 11:01 AM PDT

    Would my MacBook handle external monitors?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 12:05 AM PDT

    I'm thinking about getting two Samsung 24" 2560x1440 monitors or maybe a 34" curved 3880x1440 monitor.

    Would my MacBook Pro 2017 with i5, 8gb ram and Intel 640 be able to handle either setups without lag?

    I would only code and use Safari!

    submitted by /u/kirrelito
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Battery draining very fast (20-30% per hour)

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 09:30 PM PDT

    Hi folks, I have an Apple refurb 2017 MacBook Pro w/ Touch Bar running High Sierra. After fully charging, disconnecting and leaving the machine over night I came back to 85% battery with the lid closed all that time. I was going though photos and deleting some for maybe 15-20 mins and a little surfing and its down to 62%. Finder looks the the main culprit with an Avg Energy Impact of 26.5. Anybody experience this or maybe some tips?

    Down to 60% after tying this post. Screen brightness is at approx. 30%

    submitted by /u/mc_smelligott
    [link] [comments]

    Should I wait?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 09:20 PM PDT

    Hi!

    I'm looking to get a laptop sometime in the next month. I've been reading the news and doing research and it seems like Apple will probably host an October event where they release a new iPad Pro and possibly a replacement to the MacBook Air. I plan to use the laptop I get in University where I will be studying CS and possibly Aerospace Engineering.

    I'm debating between waiting for the rumored MacBook and buying a refurbished 2017 MacBook Pro from the Apple website.

    I've heard a lot about how the rumored MacBook will be getting a retina screen and possibly Touch ID. My worry is that some of the specs will worsen on the rumored one to account for its price. Is that a rational reason to be wary of the new (rumored) one?

    What do you guys think? Should I wait for the new one or just go with a refurbished 2017 MBP?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/200flybeast
    [link] [comments]

    whats the best Fan control software for mac currently?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 11:56 AM PDT

    i used SMC fan control but after a reset it stopped working, i am wondering if anyone has a better solution. thanks.

    edit- found one it's called Macs fan control versos 1.4.12

    submitted by /u/engineeringsloth
    [link] [comments]

    It finally happened!! Goodnight sweet MacBook.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 08:26 PM PDT

    Macbook pro 2015 15” vs 2018 13”

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 03:59 PM PDT

    Hello. I am trying to buy a Macbook but I can not decide which one is better between these two and it's gonna be better for a long time.

    • MacBook Pro 2015 15" 16 gb ram • MacBook Pro 2018 13" TB

    submitted by /u/javieremdz
    [link] [comments]

    MBP 2016 & Dell U2515H

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 09:27 AM PDT

    Hello guys, I'm about to purchase Dell U2515H as my external monitor but I have a few questions in mind, hopefully someone that has experiences with this duo can help me to clarify:

    1. Am I able to adjust the font size on the U2515H at max resolution? I'm planning to use the Mini-display port cable that comes with the monitor to connect to my MBP.
    2. How is the resolution? Is it as good as the MBP's?
    3. When being connected to the monitor, will my MBP be charged as well?
    submitted by /u/sater2812
    [link] [comments]

    Keep getting "Your disk is almost full" notification on Early 2015 MBP running Mojave. I am aware of the disk space issue, and want to permanently turn it off. How?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 02:51 PM PDT

    So I currently have a 1 TB SSD in this MBP, and have 2 TB of content in my Google Drive that is syncing. Obviously I'm only syncing about half the content, but was very particular in deciding what to sync. I purposefully chose to almost fill up this MBP upon syncing. Now I have 9.93 GB free and my MBP now reminds me approximately every 5 minutes that it's almost full. Any way I can just turn this notification off permanently? Or does anyone know how much space I'd have to free up for it to go off forever??

    Thanks y'all.

    submitted by /u/nursingthr0w
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air Logic Board Replacement Upgrade?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 02:12 PM PDT

    Being a heavy user of tabbed browsing, I have recently started feeling bottlenecked by my i5 4Gb ram MacBook Air from 2013. I know that I cannot upgrade the ram or the processor, however I learned that I can simply replace the entire logic board and sell my old one for a relatively cheap upgrade. But I was thinking, can the new logic board be from the 2015 model (specifically the 2.2ghz i7 with 8 gb ram)? Or do I have to stick to the 2013 ones?

    Or would it be just better to buy the entire laptop and sell my old one?

    submitted by /u/aswecare
    [link] [comments]

    Probably will go to bed...

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 12:42 AM PDT

    High-end alternatives to Magic Mouse?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 05:00 AM PDT

    Yesterday I got my first Mac and my girlfriend let me try her Magic Mouse. After 2 min I already installed a tool for configure custom gestures and... Damn! It's awesome.

    I'm not scared about paying 120€ for a mouse, I always did, but I also had a laser mouse, with impressive DPI etc; so I'm pretty doubtful to pay 120€ for a 30€ worth stuff.

    I looked at some alternatives, but I just found cheaper bad-looking touch mouses, that I neither know if they'll work good with my Mac ( with custom gestures and co. ).

    Have you got some suggestions or I should just close my eyes, open my wallet and hope I won't regret it?

    submitted by /u/4face91
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best way to delete pictures from Photos?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 08:43 AM PDT

    I am currently holding the "Command" button to mass select pictures that I do not want in Macbook Photos.

    Is there a faster way where I can just click with mouse and it autoselects, instead of having to hold the command button?

    submitted by /u/Olundecided
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook very slow, only when applying pressure it functions normally.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 01:58 AM PDT

    Hello everybody

    I have a Macbook pro (Retina 2012) running High Sierra and since a couple of days it's acting a bit strange. It's just extremely slow, but I found out when I place something heavy, like my elbows on either side of the mousepad, he works fine.

    I have no idea what the problem is. I brought it to a repair shop but they only cleaned the fans. All the hardware works fine.

    My guess is that the bottom needs to be screwed tighter because I miss 2 screws and I think it has to be screwed tight to function properly.

    Is what I'm doing harmful or do you have a solution, please let me know (:

    submitted by /u/TseMaNie_
    [link] [comments]

    Are MacBook 12" still CPU throttled?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 01:51 AM PDT

    Dear users - how is the performance of those laptops?

    With all the rumours about the processor throttling - are you getting 100% of your cpu for usage?

    Some articles tend to suggest that to reduce heat of fanless design laptops the processors do get throttled even down to 30% of their performance.

    I am looking at purchasing a core I7 model. If the throttling happens and is so intensive - what is the point of those processors?

    submitted by /u/nelf86
    [link] [comments]

    just got my MacBook Pro 2018 (: (:

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 08:07 AM PDT

    so hey guys I'm like so excited 😆

    dam the touch bar so cool lol, first time using it. anyway I'm like yeah lol

    I got some question, what should I do first lol ? never used macOS before.

    have anytips for beginner?

    also I really like to go to all the design world mostly like photoshop and ux/ui

    have any tips how to start (: ?

    submitted by /u/Just505
    [link] [comments]

    SHOULD I BUY THE MAC BOOK AIR 2017?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 03:51 AM PDT

    Hey guys is it still worth it to buy the Mac Book air 2017 model???

    submitted by /u/melvdbosch
    [link] [comments]

    Coil whine on MBP 13" Early 2015

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 03:23 AM PDT

    Has anyone else noticed this? Is it normal to hear the coil whine noise in a very quiet environment? Lately my charger occasionally has been making some noises due to the plug adapter (UK to EU) I am using (which makes some noises itself when plugged to a wall socket) and thought maybe this affected the MBP, but I do not see any problem with the laptop whatsoever.

    submitted by /u/th3owner
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel