• Breaking News

    Friday, October 19, 2018

    iPhone iphone wifi is static, even when set to automatic?

    iPhone iphone wifi is static, even when set to automatic?


    iphone wifi is static, even when set to automatic?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 09:46 PM PDT

    I'm having a problem where my iphone X with ios12 is permanently on static ip. my two roommates iphones are DHCP on the router but mine shows as static, always with IP 192.168.1.6.

    configure IP is set to "automatic"

    configure dns is set to "automatic"

    forgetting the network and rejoining gives me this same IP address.

    Renewing the lease also does nothing.

    It seems to also keep my phone permanently on 2.4 ghz and not 5ghz as well.

    any advice is appreciated :(

    edit ive also gone to general > reset > reset network settings, rejoined, and still 192.168.1.6 and static

    submitted by /u/akirax187
    [link] [comments]

    Replacing screen on iPhone 5.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 06:15 PM PDT

    I have an old iPhone 5 that I use as an iPod in my truck. I need to replace the front panel. If I don't switch over the ear speaker/front camera, will the phone still function? Obviously not the camera or speaker. I just need the iPod to work.

    submitted by /u/Karate_donkey
    [link] [comments]

    Turn off notifications with shortcuts?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 04:32 PM PDT

    Is there a way to create a shortcut that can turn on and off notifications from just the outlook app. I turn them off when I'm done working and going through the setting everyday is really annoying.

    submitted by /u/Tony111686
    [link] [comments]

    Old Group text suggestions.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 01:42 PM PDT

    Whenever I start a text to someone it auto populates the "To" field with old group text groups. These group chats are not in my phone message history. How can I stop them from popping up.

    submitted by /u/brian_vogel
    [link] [comments]

    Missing texts after restoring from cloud

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 06:43 AM PDT

    Hey guys, so my phone broke down yesterday and wouldn't turn on at all so I went to apple and they replaced it. I was able to restore everything from my cloud backup on Monday so not that big of a deal but my question comes from the fact that none of my texts that I received while my phone was off have come through and my chats are all set back to Monday. If I thought they were gone completely it would be fine but when I go in the text app and search something, the results show the most recent texts from yesterday, but once I click on the person's name the view the chat it goes back to Monday. I know they are in the phone somewhere since they show up in the search window. Any idea how I can get them to all actually load properly?

    submitted by /u/Nick2741
    [link] [comments]

    Siri set to silent - volume up button not working

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 04:46 AM PDT

    Hey

    Gf gave me her old iPhone 6 but volume up button isnt working. Is there any other way to increase Siri volume, because currently it's set to very low, and because the button isnt working, i cant increase volume while using siri.

    Anyone know of a way to do it?

    submitted by /u/Smilko
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone Bricked After iOS 12 Update

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 03:28 AM PDT

    My wife updated her phone to iOS 12.0.1 and it became extremely laggy and apps kept closing randomly. She restarted the phone and it was the same. She turned if off and on again and it went back to the loading screen which you get when the update is installing.

    It stayed on this screen for about 3 hours (until I got home from work). I opened a chat with Apple Support. They showed me how to do the update again via iTunes. This led to the same result. They then advised me that I will have to do a restore and that I will lose all data because no backups have been done and iCloud had only saved pictures from the first few weeks of having the phone (16 months now). To me, this is completely unnacceptable.

    Is there any way that I can get the data off of the phone (primarily pictures and videos) before I restore it? The phone has about 90% of all pictures of our 18 month old daughter on it and it would be extremely upsetting to lose them.

    The phone was updated from iOS 11.

    submitted by /u/Fluxtroid
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel