• Breaking News

    Friday, October 19, 2018

    macOS Encrypted volumes and Time Machine

    macOS Encrypted volumes and Time Machine


    Encrypted volumes and Time Machine

    Posted: 19 Oct 2018 12:58 AM PDT

    Just ordered new external HD and I'm about to set up my first Time Machine today. What I'm quite unsure about is the encrypted volumes on my HD. So at the moment I have one 10gb volume which is password-encrypted and I only mount it when I need the files. How does this work with Time Machine? Do I need to mount it and decrypt before I can do time machine backup? Or it doesn't matter?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/RootInTheRedHat
    [link] [comments]

    Tried installing Mojave, this has been my screen all night. Turned it off and back on again, reverts back to High Sierra.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 11:38 AM PDT

    Disabling "escape" from closing full screen in safari?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 09:38 AM PDT

    I made the switch recently from chrome to safari. I like to run it in full screen mode, but I am used to mashing the escape key to close popups and the like on Chrome. In safari, however, hitting escape takes the window out of full screen. Is there a simple way to disable this function of escape in safari so I can continue to use it like I did with chrome? Thanks/

    submitted by /u/pmurphy84
    [link] [comments]

    Color tags don't show colors. Do you have the same issue?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 12:49 PM PDT

    Problems with Wifi Sign-in pop up on Mojave.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 09:12 AM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I have been experiencing some problems when connecting to a public wifi network. Normally, a pop-up appears to sign in or accept terms&conditions. This pop-up is always blank since i upgraded to Mojave.

    Any tips or has someone seen this also?

    submitted by /u/3Dhisham
    [link] [comments]

    macOS 10.14 Mojave File Vault bug. Clean install. MBP

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 09:05 AM PDT

    MacOS Mojave File Vault Bug.

    After clean installing macOS Mojave 10.14 on my Mid 2015 and Mid 2016 MBP (w/o Touch Bar) both occurred the same issue.

    I got both my SSDs formatted with APFS and did a fresh install from my previously created USB Install Media (tried internet restore as well).
    Straight after first time booting up, completing the Setup process (setting username, iCloud e.g.) the MacBook freezes after a few seconds.
    This happened on both devices and on each attempt I went through!

    Force shutdown works and after that, the next boot process will work.

    It did not happen on my Late 2012 iMac Pro, so I figured out, that "not activating File Vault encryption" in the installation process fixed the problem.
    The MacBook will even freeze after activating File Vault encryption manually after the first boot.

    Choosing APFS (encrypted) as partition scheme will solve the problem. No freeze after first boot and properly applied encryption.

    Just in case anyone is having some wired freeze issues with their Macs on a clean Mojave install!
    This has not been a problem while upgrading from High Sierra!

    submitted by /u/jamiwe
    [link] [comments]

    Weird artifacts during videos and playing games.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 02:32 PM PDT

    Blurry font

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 09:40 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I'm wondering if there's a trick to fix the blurry font on the external display?

    I've tried to use defaults write -g CGFontRenderingFontSmoothingDisabled -bool NO but does it change the fonts on my Macbook pro's Retina display or just my external display?

    I'm using a Samsung 34" 3880x1440 if that makes any difference.

    submitted by /u/kirrelito
    [link] [comments]

    Choppy screen resizing

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 01:52 PM PDT

    I always wondered why some apps lags and stutter when you resize the window for the app. One glaring example is Spotify or any office 2016 program - this should be really smooth but it just looks so bad. Any thoughts why?

    submitted by /u/pandruski
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 2012

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 08:45 AM PDT

    Hey, guys! I have a MacBook Pro mid-2012 and I want to know what battery life I should be getting..right now its last about 3 hours and 30 mins. The battery is 5 years old but only has 31 cycles on it. Battery health says it's good too. I got it from a friend so I don't know how it should last. I only look at the web, email, go on YouTube, and text from it. What battery life do you get? What should I get?

    submitted by /u/Vast-Hydrant
    [link] [comments]

    Sluggish safari experience recently

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 09:10 AM PDT

    been experiencing some pretty sluggish loading of websites, most specifically youtube. Ive got a consistent 90mbps internet, but still it you can see the page stuttering, moving a little bit, placeholder elements loading in before text, the video actually taking a while to load when it usually didnt do that (even when safari supported 4k which is a whole other issue), comments take a while to load etc. ive disabled adblocker and it helped a little bit, but its still slower than before.

    im just wondering if others are having the same issue or if its just my computer.

    submitted by /u/Pulp__Reality
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel