• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 17, 2018

    iPhone iOS 12 & iPhone Megathread [October 17, 2018]

    iPhone iOS 12 & iPhone Megathread [October 17, 2018]


    iOS 12 & iPhone Megathread [October 17, 2018]

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 06:35 AM PDT

    Have a question? Need help with iOS 12? Problem with your device? This is the place to ask.

    Starting now, we won't be approving posts that are questions or anything help-related resulting from iOS 12. Keeping everything in a megathread reduces the amount of help posts and one-sentence questions on the front page.

    Posts critisizing or praising iOS 12/iPhones are fine. Feature explanations/requests are fine.

    There'll be a new thread every week. If anyone has questions, please leave them below.

    We also have a Discord server you can join if you need assistance with your device or have questions regarding iOS/iPhone in general, we have experienced Apple support staff & enthusiasts with vast iOS/iPhone knowledge.

    If you see any iOS 12 help self-posts, or iPhone support questions in general on the front page, make sure to report it.

    submitted by /u/MonsieurTank
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone XS Max battery outlasts Pixel 3 XL and Samsung Note 9 in latest test.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 04:50 AM PDT

    Gotta love black

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 01:32 PM PDT

    It would be cool if Apple’s weather app could recognize that your location and the city you have saved were the same and only show one at a time.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 12:06 AM PDT

    DAE wish you could hide emojis that you know you will never use?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 05:14 AM PDT

    For me... Most of the flags. Zodiac symbols. Most of buildings. The family emojis. Damn clock faces. TBH, I could be fine without 95% of those emojis.

    submitted by /u/I_Love_McRibs
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone XS Camera COMPLETE Review (from a photographers perspective)

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 04:50 AM PDT

    Was the better privacy/security a reason for anyone to go with an iPhone instead of an Android?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 01:47 AM PDT

    I always was an advocate for Android but Google's shady practices in the past really didn't sit with me well. Especially after watching a lot of Rene Ritchie's Videos on this topic I got a lot more interested in an iPhone. Was the better privacy and security a deciding factor for going with an iPhone here in the community?

    submitted by /u/Axcit
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: For anyone that used Discover Card's "Discover Deals" to pre-order the new iPhones and is expecting 5% cash back...

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 06:16 AM PDT

    TL;DR You may not be receiving 5% cash back on the entirety of your new iPhone pre-order due to Discover changing the terms after the fact.

    Discover Deals was offering a 5% cash back deal for purchases at Apple.com. The new phones were not listed as exclusions or exceptions when I clicked through the offer on Discover's website (shortly after 3:00 a.m. Eastern on 9/14).

    The terms have since been updated to specifically exclude iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, and Apple Watch 4. I contacted Discover to ask when these terms were changed because neither I nor my girlfriend saw the Xs or Xs Max on the list of exclusions when we pre-ordered on 9/14. I was told that Discover was notified by Apple on 9/14 that the new phones and AW4 were to be excluded. I told Discover that it shouldn't matter because the exclusions were not listed (and therefore should not be in effect) when I actually made the purchase.

    The Discover CSR kept referring to the current terms listed and said they would not be able to honor the 5% deal for the phone portion of my order. After escalating to a supervisor and once again explaining the change in terms after that fact, they conceded with a "courtesy credit" of $20 to be credited within 1-2 billing cycles. It's not the almost $50 I should have received ($999 * 5%) but I guess it's something. They did pay out the 5% for the AppleCare+ portion of my order though.

    Another user reported the change in terms here as well: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/which-shopping-portal-should-you-use-for-apple-purchases/

    submitted by /u/imported_hard_salami
    [link] [comments]

    Stuttering text tone?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 07:04 AM PDT

    Lately I've noticed that sometimes when a text message comes through, it'll almost stutter? I'm not sure if that's the best description or not, but that's what it seems like. It doesn't matter if it's and iMessage or a normal message, and it doesn't happen every single time..any ideas? I have an iPhone X.

    submitted by /u/brttny-nichole
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] is the iPhone xr screen laminated to the glass?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 05:42 AM PDT

    Don't know if that's the right way to put it for instance on the other lcd iPhone models there's that black gap and the screen is below the glass but on the iPhone X it's right on the glass so it's close as possible to you if that makes sense?

    submitted by /u/Fluffybunnyabc
    [link] [comments]

    What app is everyone using for Gmail?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 08:23 AM PDT

    Currently I am using the Gmail app but I noticed it doesn't give me options to delete mail from the lock screen.

    submitted by /u/Godric84
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone help me find a USB-C female to Lightning male adapter?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 07:45 AM PDT

    I don't know why it's so difficult to find this type of adapter on Google/Amazon. I've been a long-term Google Nexus/Pixel user and am switching over to the iPhone X out of curiosity. However, all of my chargers/car-chargers/external batteries/cables that I've collected over the years use USB-C. Can someone please help me find an adapter with USB-C female and Lightning male ends? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/eddddddddddddddddd
    [link] [comments]

    Moving From Android to IOS, need some help

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 09:37 AM PDT

    Hello guys, idk if this is the best place to ask this but I'm planning to buy a new IPhone X very soon and I need some help setting it up. I've never owned an IPhone before and I'm switching from an Galaxy S8. I have a lot of stuff on my S8 that I want to transfer like at least 3000 photos and 50 videos, at least 200 songs and many contacts and stuff. I know there is an App called 'move to IOS' but my question is: if I transfer all my photos with this app will they stay in their folders in which they were on the S8? Or will they be randomly mixed or something like that? I really need them to be in their folders because it would be way too much work to sort them again. And does anyone have other tricks or tips for my first IPhone (or just setting it up). Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Kaidou99
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to transfer data from old phone into new one? (New one been in use for a few weeks)

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 09:20 AM PDT

    Oh boy, here we go. I used to use an iPhone 6s as my daily driver, but it pooped out on me a few weeks ago. I upgraded to the iPhone 8 but realized that none of texts or photos were backed up onto iCloud (iCloud free storage wasn't enough to contain all of it). I was going to buy a battery and screen at the time to self repair the phone and get a bit more juice out of it before I backed it up and switched to my iPhone 8, but delayed buying the parts for a while. Fast forward to now—I've been using the iPhone 8 for a few weeks and everything is going great. Have a bunch of new photos and rebuilt my contacts and everything. However, I just replaced my battery and screen on my 6s and it's working again (for now). What would be the best way of transferring all that data onto my 8? Essentially I would like if possible to merge the data onto my new phone. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/SWulfe760
    [link] [comments]

    If you’re getting a Xr, why and what color?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 04:21 PM PDT

    I'm not bothered by the screen resolution and the extra screen size and battery are very attractive for me! I'm thinking of the yellow for myself.

    submitted by /u/I_am_godzilla
    [link] [comments]

    RADiCAL: AI-powered 3D animation (motion capture) w Unity in iOS - using Apple's latest Metal graphics API and ARKit!

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 06:31 PM PDT

    Upgraded from a Samsung S7 to an iPhone 8, best decision ever

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 07:02 PM PDT

    As an Android fan I always underestimated IOS, decided to switch and damn, ITS SO SMOOTH. The front camera works like charm and the rear one is really nice too, really quick response and accurate. I will miss my baby but this was definitely a really good change.

    I would like to ask you guys which free apps you recommend to newcomers =).

    submitted by /u/MysteryFunk
    [link] [comments]

    Reduce white point keeps turning itself on!

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 02:14 AM PDT

    I can't stand this feature. When it's on I can just about see the screen in my office, so I turn it off and then a few hours or the next day it has turned back on again. Any way to stop this?

    submitted by /u/C93C
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a business simulation games (app) ?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 10:28 AM PDT

    I'm looking for an app where you can create your own business, then its down to you. You can choose if it succeeds or fails, probably a game where you can have multiple profiles (multiple businesses), maybe like a entrepreneur simulation game?

    You have to make decisions, like stocks, what to buy, if it crashes, all that stuff. I'm looking for something as close to realistic as I can get, can anyone suggest something?

    submitted by /u/h4r86e32
    [link] [comments]

    Apple iPhone XS problems with spellcheck

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 10:24 AM PDT

    Instagram links open the app but prompt me for login info even if my account is open.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 10:21 AM PDT

    On my iPhone 8+ iOS 12 when I open a link to instagram it takes me to the app but immediately prompts me for my login info even though my account is open, it usted to work fine till a few days ago.

    Like this

    submitted by /u/SteveV91
    [link] [comments]

    My phone Favorites order keeps changing

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 10:05 AM PDT

    My phone Favorites list order changes back after I've reordered it. Anyone else seeing this?

    iPhone 7, iOS 12.0.1

    submitted by /u/StepUpYourLife
    [link] [comments]

    On the iPhone X/XS, is it possible to swap the sides you pull down for Control Center and Notifications?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 10:04 AM PDT

    I've had a XS Max since launch day, and I still find myself pulling down Control Center from the top-right when I meant to pull down Notifications.

    Is it possible to swap the sides anywhere? I'm not sure why my muscle memory won't reprogram, but just wondering... thanks!

    submitted by /u/salsa_sauce
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 8 broken screen

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 10:03 AM PDT

    I broke the screen of my iPhone 8 it is just a small crack near the top. I am still covered by the 1year limited warranty. What sort of expense should I be looking for getting the screen replaced ??

    submitted by /u/awesomebm
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X battery has been draining outrageously fast recently

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 09:59 AM PDT

    I have an original iPhone X, and battery has been perfectly fine since I've gotten it. However, the past couple weeks, my battery has been draining fast, and I've had to charge it in the afternoon. Just today, I took it off the charger at 8 AM. It is currently almost 1 PM, and it is already down to 39%.

    All I've done on it is listen to Spotify for a couple hours, and texted a bit. No way should my battery have dropped 61% in just 5 hours. Is this possibly a new iOS issue? Or should I do something?

    submitted by /u/XingXManGuy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel