• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 16, 2018

    iPhone If the iPhone 7 came out in the 90’s

    iPhone If the iPhone 7 came out in the 90’s


    If the iPhone 7 came out in the 90’s

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 05:59 PM PDT

    Another iPhone 6S poster on same NYC newsstand closed for 3 years b/c of construction of building in front of it

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 11:22 AM PDT

    PSA: When you play HDR or Dolby Vision videos on your iPhone XS or XS Max, turn the brightness up to the maximum to get the full effect

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 06:25 AM PDT

    I've noticed that Netflix, YouTube and the TV app do not automatically raise the display brightness when playing HDR or Dolby Vision content on iPhone XS or XS Max. This leads to the content looking somewhat dull and muted.

    HDR and DV content is designed to be played with your display at maximum brightness; normal scenes are intentionally graded "darker" than usual in order to compensate for the increased light output from the display, which gives colorists the extra headroom they need for bright highlights such as sunlight.

    TVs that support HDR/DV will automatically max out the display brightness when you play HDR/DV content on them, the same way your iPhone maxes out the brightness when use Wallet to show a QR code. But for some reason, iPhone doesn't do the same thing with HDR/DV videos.

    submitted by /u/unndunn
    [link] [comments]

    Weather on splash after bedtime alarm is way off

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 06:00 AM PDT

    Does the $99 AppleCare incident replace everything broken?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 05:12 AM PDT

    Say I got my back glass cracked and ended up having some scratches on my front screen and dings on the side,would they just replace everything or just fix the back glass portion?

    submitted by /u/SwaggyK
    [link] [comments]

    My sister and I both have iPhones. We live in different countries. I can Facetime her but I can’t iMessage?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 09:40 AM PDT

    The title basically says it. When I try to iMessage her the text bubbles are green instead of blue. I've tried sending it over data and wifi with no difference. My phone recognises that she has an iPhone because on her contact card it has the option to Facetime and Apple Pay her. Does anyone know what is happening here?

    submitted by /u/cinemaworker
    [link] [comments]

    How's the XS camera for action shots?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 07:15 AM PDT

    I'm thinking about switching to an XS, coming from a Pixel 2. I've had iPhones and Android phones before.

    What really has blown me away on the Pixel 2 is how good it is taking photos of moving targets. I take a lot of pictures of our two dogs, and despite them jumping around like crazy I can get clear, detailed and in focus shots of them consistently. Makes me look like a great photographer when I'm really the opposite.

    I tried a Galaxy S9 briefly. I'm sure the camera is great, and reviews are certainly positive, but wow it was not nearly as good as the Pixel 2 camera when it came to shots in Auto of my dogs or people not posing for the picture. Almost every one blurry. Shutter speed way too slow the majority of the time. Manual mode would sort of fix this, but really I don't want to mess with it nor is manual mode a great option for a quick picture at least for someone like me. The S9 had a Sports mode for Auto but that didn't do very much. I want a great point and shoot.

    Reviews all seem to talk about minutiae and finer details in expansive and varied static shots. I don't really care that much, all the flagships seem to do great to me. I don't want a comparison of tripod shots.

    Long story short, anyone have experience or opinions with the XS camera for capturing pets, kids, other subjects that won't sit still? Indoor lower light, outdoors?

    submitted by /u/Aquanaut2
    [link] [comments]

    iOS users. If you could add three features, big or small to the next set of iOS devices or next major update, what would they be?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 11:39 PM PDT

    Is there an app that could show the outline of a certain area as shown on the maps view within safari webpage.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 05:53 AM PDT

    Where to get iPhone X silicone or leather cases now that apple doesn’t offer them anymore?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 09:33 AM PDT

    Title.

    Now that apple launched the XS, can't find their X cases on their website. I was wondering if u think they'll have some in store, or which 3rd parties should I look them at? I'm in SF, CA, if it matters.

    submitted by /u/KikeMartinG
    [link] [comments]

    Please for the love of God.....

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 09:33 AM PDT

    I have a certain family member that likes to send out group text messages constantly. I've tried going to settings/messages and turning off group messages but all that does is separate them all into individual messages it seems. I hate sitting here and hearing my phone go off a million times when the conversation is over and people are still talking about dying their hair or what they had for dinner last Saturday even though that has nothing to do with the original conversation. I've picked up my phone and looked to see if I have any new messages and there's like 60 unread messages on there. Is there some way for me to keep from getting these messages or am I just doomed to get these for now?

    submitted by /u/Killdozer77
    [link] [comments]

    Microscratches, do you care about them?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 03:30 AM PDT

    I'm just wondering what other people think about the small, barely visible scratches that I sometimes notice when the light hits the screen just right. Do you immediately purchase a screen protector to prevent them?

    submitted by /u/sovetys
    [link] [comments]

    HomeKit Motion Notifications

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 05:29 AM PDT

    I have a Logitech HomeKit camera that has a motion sensor on it. I currently have it set to notify me of motion when "Nobody is at home" meaning my wife and I'd iPhone's are not in the house.

    However, this never works. I get notifications all the time when my wife or I walk past the camera. Anyone else have this issue? I want to be notified of motion when we are out of the house, and not while we are home. Is this a HomeKit bug?

    submitted by /u/bnpluss
    [link] [comments]

    The Best Part About Face ID is

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 10:48 AM PDT

    Not having to take your gloves off to unlock your phone. Honestly so convenient!

    submitted by /u/m_bob01
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud automatic backups not working?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 07:30 AM PDT

    Anyone else having this issue? Had phone plugged in, locked and on WiFi and the automatic iCloud backups don't happen and last night I got the message "Some files were unavailable during the last backup". I already tried deleting old backups and that didn't solve the problem. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/RickCMC
    [link] [comments]

    Apparently I never use my iPhone. Yet I’m able to post via iPhone...

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 04:21 PM PDT

    Truth ��������

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 10:36 AM PDT

    Do you allow any apps to always allow location?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 10:24 AM PDT

    I don't let anything have access for fear of crushing battery. Do any of you allow it and what impact on battery do you get?

    submitted by /u/MrBlakesFicus
    [link] [comments]

    Alarm thru headphones on 8 Plus not happening.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 06:38 AM PDT

    I have my headphones plugged in. My alarm is set. The alarm goes off, but through speaker. How do I get the alarm to sound just through my headphones?

    submitted by /u/FumihiroHisuko
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Pay Won't Let Me Re-Add My Debit Card, Says Device Limit Reached, But I Only Have One Device

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 06:35 AM PDT

    I've been trying to see if this has happened to anyone else. I got a new iPhone 8 Plus yesterday to replace my last phone and was attempting to put in my card info for Apple Pay. However, it's continually given me an error saying that my card needs to be removed from another device before I can add it to this one. Thing is, I did a full reset of the last iPhone and removed everything before I traded it in. I even have the email from Wells Fargo saying that the card was removed from Apple Pay.

    So I spent nearly two hours on the phone with both Apple and Wells Fargo yesterday. Apple said my card didn't appear to be on an old device and that my current iPhone and Macbook pro were the only devices on my profile. Wells Fargo said my card wasn't on any Apple devices. They even removed my previous Google Pay and Samsung Pay from it. Right now, neither side can figure out what's going on. I'm hoping there's a rare chance that someone here encountered something similar and can offer some help. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/mikelowry7
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for new waterproof 6s case not Lifeproof

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 10:06 AM PDT

    I own an IPhone 6s and have had a LifeProof Fre case for a year. The plastic on the bottom of the case where the flap clips to has broken off and the case is no longer waterproof. I'm looking for a new brand of waterproof case to buy. I'm currently looking at the Catalyst waterproof case. I don't really care about the waterproofing I just want something that has port covers so dust doesn't get in.

    submitted by /u/Timo3333
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone bricked: Data recovery an option?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 09:53 AM PDT

    My iPhone X no longer boots after an apparent hardware failure, indicated by a failed current checker test performed at an Apple Store. I understand from another post that a failed current checker test may point to several different problems, including failed Lightning port or failed motherboard (or possibly even a bad battery).

    My last backup was unfortunately a few weeks ago, and I'd prefer to avoid losing my recent data.

    Is it worthwhile to attempt data recovery, or am I SOL? Do any reliable services exist in the US or Europe for such cases?

    submitted by /u/bitsquare1
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone XS doesn't have the iPhone X exclusive 60fps mode in Asphalt8 and 9

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 10:39 AM PDT

    IDK if anyone else cares but I was really excited to be able to play these Asphalt games in the iPhone X exclusive 60 fps modes, but it's capped at ugly 30fps just like how it runs on a $100 iPhone SE. I wrote them but I think I'll need more people to help requesting this. Surely it's just one line of code they code port from iPhone X 60hz <on>?

    Update: Asphalt team says with Halloween update they're adding unrivaled smooth experience on the new iPhones (: https://forum.gameloft.com/viewtopic.php?f=1503&t=657441

    submitted by /u/Dimplickzing
    [link] [comments]

    My iPhone X lasted from 5:40pm until 11:45pm in water in a 6 foot deep lake

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 05:02 PM PDT

    As title says.. Nothing really to ask, just thought it was quite interesting.. It fell out of a ride at Seaworld onto water, i tracked it until 11:45pm when it finally died off. I'm very impressed with how long it lasted.

    submitted by /u/EXPWARRIOR
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel