• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 18, 2018

    iPhone 6 not showing fan icon despite saying it’s connected to WiFi

    iPhone 6 not showing fan icon despite saying it’s connected to WiFi


    6 not showing fan icon despite saying it’s connected to WiFi

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 06:00 PM PDT

    My iPhone 6 will say it's connected to the internet but the fan icon will randomly go out and be replaced with LTE will WiFi says it's still connected under settings. Sometimes the fan will come right back, other times it's out for up to ten minutes. I've turned off cellular data and WiFi assist but the problem is persisting. I just updated, I've restarted both the router and phone multiple times and have tried forgetting the reconnecting to my WiFi. I'm at a loss, any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/BatMom525
    [link] [comments]

    Question About Restoring A Back Up

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 02:48 PM PDT

    Ok so earlier I was on a call with audible to resolve an issue, the lady instructed me to clear my web cache and what not so I did, what I didnt realize that by doing so I deleted all my open tabs in safari! Now for the actual question sorry I'm long winded. If I store a back up for a few days ago will that also restore my open tabs??

    submitted by /u/Rebel_Avenger219
    [link] [comments]

    Carrier sometimes disappears, wondering what causes it.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 02:35 PM PDT

    So on my iPhone 6s, I have the carrier "CREDO" it's a 3rd party carrier using Verizon's network. I also have free data roaming so I can use other carriers when there is no Verizon signal. Every now and then the carrier name disappears from the top left of my phone and I'm left with signal strength and what data I'm using (4G, LTE, or Wi-Fi), I think this happens when it's low on Verizon signal and switches over to another network? Anyways I'm curious as to what causes this to happen for all I know my reasoning behind it could be totally wrong. Here are screenshots of what exactly I'm talking about, look at the top left corner. It looks like every app in the AppStore screenshot ever. Thanks

    submitted by /u/oreonubcakes
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6 not responding or charging

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 02:22 PM PDT

    My iPhone 6 was running 11.4 (I believe) when it suddenly stopped recognizing lighting cables. It would not charge or be seen by iTunes/computer. I tried several cables, power sources, etc. as well as ensuring the port wasn't blocked by lint or anything but it never even started to charge for a second or so like it sometimes does when the charging begins to fail. Due to this and the the instantaneous nature of the issue I concluded it was a software problem preventing the phone from recognizing the cable. Unfortunately I discovered the error when my phone was almost dead (hence the attempt to charge it) so every attempt to perform a hard/soft reset simply caused the phone to die instead of reboot. However, the phone would charge to boot and then immediately stop charging, leaving it at 1% each time. After a while I decided to attempt to update to iOS 12, which for some reason it let me start despite having 1% battery, in attempts to rectify the software error. It actually got decently close to finishing but no surprise, it died in the process. As a result, the phone is now unable to boot at all and will not recognize any input whatsoever to go into DFU mode or hard reset etc.

    My brief interpretation of what occurred: A software error caused my iPhone suddenly stopped recognizing a lighting cable as it was about to die. When it was dead, it would charge to boot, but then presumably the error would return since the phone was on. The phone then died during an update attempt which probably lead to a boot error rendering the phone completely unresponsive now

    It does not appear that there is anything left for me to do, but I would appreciate it if anyone can see a solution or attempt at a solution. Thank you!!

    submitted by /u/Wokrus
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to help a parent, iphone 6 screen constantly freezing/unresponsive for several seconds.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 09:23 AM PDT

    Help out an iphone noob here, I've never owned one as I use Android (so apologies if I name things incorrectly), but I'm trying to help my mother out. Note that I'm referring to the screen being unresponsive here, but I don't believe it's necessarily a hardware issue.

    Facts: * Phone was purchased used from an authorized (supposedly) seller/refurbished approx 2 years ago. * The phone was like new and had no issues for 6-9 months. * Around this time the screen started to become periodically unresponsive for several seconds at a time before getting back * It has gotten worse recently, to the point it is unusable. A few seconds of responsiveness followed by several seconds of freezing.

    My Observations: * It occurs everywhere. On the lock screen, all apps, on the desktop/launcher, in the settings menu etc... * When it is unresponsive (tapping icons, typing keyboard etc..) it is still often possible to swipe the notification area down from the screen. * When the screen becomes responsive again it often, but not always, "catches up" with all the taps made while it was frozen. So if I've been tapping the keyboard a string of letters will suddenly get typed, or an application might load that I tapped on repeatedly seconds before. It's this leading me to think that the screen itself isn't necessarily broken as it's picking up the taps even though frozen. * Turning off the screen using the side button and bringing it back seems to "break" the freeze, though it often freezes up again when entering the pass code. * Resetting network settings and wiping/resetting all settings seems to resolve it for a short period (5-10 minutes) before it resumes again every few minutes.

    What I have tried * Resetting network settings (seems to help for a short period). * Resetting all settings. * Resetting completely (all content and settings). * Upgrading from iOS 11.? to 12.

    The only thing I've found online which seems to fit the symptoms was a apparent bug in iOS 11, with drivers for third party screens causing freezing. My thinking was that she had iOS 10 originally, then later upgraded to 11 and the problem started. However this bug was apparently fixed by Apple in later versions of the OS though., and upgrading to 12 has not solved this. Some forum posts I found indicated rolling back to iOS 10.3 might be a solution, but it doesn't seem like this is possible.

    Hoping you might have some ideas?

    submitted by /u/onemillionelephants
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone not playing any media?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 08:22 AM PDT

    Recently got a new iPhone, but it won't play any media on it. On YouTube videos it just buffers before videos start and never plays. As for music, for Pandora it just displays a message that says something along the lines "Something is pausing the music, unable to play". I've tried restarting my phone, updating it, updating apps, and resetting network connections. Any tips or help?

    iPhone 7+ if you need the info.

    submitted by /u/FishyFelix
    [link] [comments]

    “Hey Siri, remind me to...” save a Google reminder?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 06:58 AM PDT

    I'm guessing this isn't possible but is there anyway (using shortcuts?) to save a Google reminder with Siri rather than the Reminders app? I have two Google Homes and it'd be great to have all of my reminders in one place.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/blizeH
    [link] [comments]

    Suddenly my Qi charging pad keeps restarting charge, possibly iOS 12 issue

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 03:49 AM PDT

    I've been using a Qi charging pad since I got my iPhone X last December without any issues. Then suddenly in the last few weeks it's started acting up. When I place my phone on it, it starts charging. Then after 30 seconds to a minute it will ping and show that it's started charging again, it will keep doing this every minute or so.

    I'm fairly sure, but not certain, that this started after the iOS 12 update. Has anyone else seen similar? Nothing has changed in the wiring or placement of the mat, there's no other electricals near it. It's connected to an official iPhone wall adaptor.

    I have another Qi charger on my desk that works fine.

    submitted by /u/whoami38902
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel