• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 18, 2018

    Apple Macbook What's wrong with my screen?

    Apple Macbook What's wrong with my screen?


    What's wrong with my screen?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 04:29 PM PDT

    Has there been a change in the MacBook 12” keyboard between 2016 and 2017?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 07:18 PM PDT

    I have the 2016 model, and I had a brief opportunity to use a 2017 model.

    Is it just me, or did the keyboard change? It feels like there's more keystroke depth.

    submitted by /u/Makegooduseof
    [link] [comments]

    Am I screwed?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 06:49 AM PDT

    What’s a good antivirus program you guys use to prevent viruses on your MacBook ?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 05:25 PM PDT

    Macbook Pro 15 mid 2014 restarts with trackpad disconnected (Sierra)

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 03:14 PM PDT

    Hi, I have a MacBook pro that I use more or less as a desktop connected to a second monitor and a bluetooth keyboard + trackpad

    The laptop trackpad has been getting more and more unusable, it doesn't respond to most multi touch gestures and is starting to interfere with the bluetooth trackpad gestures as well. (multi ghost taps)
    So I disabled it with the command: sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleUSBMultitouch.kext/
    After this the bluetooth trackpad works perfectly, but once I place the laptop into sleep mode, it fails with the famous error (black screen with white writing) and restarts. This happens every time I disable the trackpad and put it to sleep.

    I've had this setup for years and I unplugged my external hdd and hdmi cable to see if that was effecting it, I tried restarting the PRAM and SMC, and everything worked for half a day before coming back.

    Is there anything I can do to fix this restart issue? Will the trackpad disable command work better if I upgrade to High Sierra or Mojave?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you

    submitted by /u/comocho00
    [link] [comments]

    Can a MacBook Pro play 8k60?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 02:38 PM PDT

    So few days back I bought a laptop from Asus for the gf. Just a lightweight laptop with i5-8250 and integrated gpu Intel UHD 620. I was really surprised when I threw YouTube 4k30, 4k60, 8k30, 8k60 it played with ease. 8k60 on 80% gpu usage. So my question now is can a macbook handle that? I searched on Google but got few hits where some people got stuttering issues due the chrome/ safari browser not using hardware acceleration. I'm on a 15 MacBook late 2008 and trying to decide to go for the new 6core MacBook pro 15.

    submitted by /u/darksnake101
    [link] [comments]

    This appeared on the screen of my mac when i turned it on and I’m not sure what this is. Can anyone help?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 03:52 AM PDT

    Why the fuck does my Macbook 12in suck dick?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 03:23 PM PDT

    Profanity in the title because for the pretty penny it costs from 2015, why is it dying in 2.5 hours real time of moderate usage (light internet browsing)???? The standby battery is fine, maybe that was what Apple said it could do because when it comes down to using it, it's maybe a % every 2 minutes, and if I'm watching Youtube it's a % per minute. I've never seen something lose battery so fast yet struggle at basic workloads, because it crashed twice on me.

    There's no low power mode too, and the stupid USB-C port is fucking impractical because no other Macbook that's common uses the stupid little shit, and it charges in an HOUR AND A HALF, much unlike the standards from 3 years ago. I understand the Macbook is old, but it's frustrating seeing something from a 'reliable' brand suck so much horse dick.

    submitted by /u/rakiim
    [link] [comments]

    Do i need AppleCare ? Is the pro way better than the air?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 07:46 AM PDT

    Hi guys. Honestly for years i have wanted a MacBook and never had the money to have one. I am finally (I'm 27 lol) at a stage in my life where my spouse and i have the money to buy things that we want without financial guilt or strain lol.

    I am torn between the air or the pro. Generally for my work i will mostly be data tracking using spreadsheets, sharing documents, and creating graphics for a community program i run. I also have a lot of photos, videos, (around 15k in my Phone currently) that i would like to unload. A lot of music and a lot of movies. I've lost so many files due to owning cheap laptops that crashed and i didn't have the money recover my files.

    The air is most affordable, but honestly i think the pro is beautiful. Would it make more sense to go with the air? Also, would you suggest buying Apple care ? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/classact2020
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air Running Slowly

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 08:19 AM PDT

    I have a 2012 MBA and the startup has become slow lately. I've tried Clean My Mac, and have used the utilities feature. Do you guys think a factory reset would help? If so, how do I do it?

    submitted by /u/Bobbindy47
    [link] [comments]

    Good news about Apple 15" MacBook Pro

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 08:09 AM PDT

    Save 12% on Apple 15" MacBook Pro, Retina, Touch Bar, 2.8GHz Intel Core i7 Quad Core, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Silver, MPTU2LL/A

    https://twitter.com/newsofdeals/status/1052477679507668992

    submitted by /u/kerrywwq
    [link] [comments]

    Buggy square next to the power button

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 07:18 AM PDT

    I have MacBook pro 15" 2017 with a touchbar. Has anyone encountered this https://imgur.com/a/syI6ytw? It appears when macbook turns display off for energy saving (on both battery and power adapter). Can't google it because people usually refer to green squares on the screen. I already did reset SMC and NVRAM, with no result.

    submitted by /u/damilola_k
    [link] [comments]

    Keep having to delete DNS server

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 05:44 AM PDT

    Hey all,

    For a while now, whenever I join a network (new or previously connected), I have to delete the DNS servers or internet won't work. I've tried DNS flushing but it still happens :( anyone got any advice

    submitted by /u/Periproct
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel