• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 16, 2018

    iPad Alleged 2018 iPad Pro Case Shows The Device Will Not Include The Notch And The Home Button

    iPad Alleged 2018 iPad Pro Case Shows The Device Will Not Include The Notch And The Home Button


    Alleged 2018 iPad Pro Case Shows The Device Will Not Include The Notch And The Home Button

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 11:11 AM PDT

    On Google Chrome, is there an option to set loading the desktop version of websites to default?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 09:50 AM PDT

    It is incredibly annoying to have to request the desktop version of any site every time I load a site or even open a new tab. There seems to be no way to just make this the default. There are posts on the Google forums about this dating back to 2016 (in which the developers respond and say it's a known issue) and yet nothing seems to have changed. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/WalGuy44
    [link] [comments]

    How to use the iPad Pro as a student.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 02:33 PM PDT

    After finally deciding it was time to retire the ol' mini 2 for a new one, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the iPad Pro 3 is on the horizon. I plan on getting the 11 inch model and want to maximize its utility by using it in my studies as well as the typical web browsing stuff.

    However, I am completely unfamiliar with using an iPad in this manner and have come to realize that there is an absurd amount of apps claiming to be the best for note taking, writing essays, doing math, drawing, etc. With so many options, I want to make sure i am using my iPad to its greatest potential by choosing the right programs and applications.

    If you have experience with using iPads for this, can you give your recommendations on what the best options are for doing these things. I have heard good things about Notability, but have also heard that there are better alternatives; with little experience, I just don't know.

    submitted by /u/Sir_Palps
    [link] [comments]

    What happened to GoodReader?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 12:24 PM PDT

    The description of its latest update seemed to hint at a major release coming relatively soon ("...we're finishing..."), but it's been 8 months since then. Is the development still alive?

    submitted by /u/albiancio
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Pro vs. Surface Go/Pro for a student and 3D modelling

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 12:13 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I'm trying to decide whether to go with the coming iPad Pro or a Surface Go/Pro.

    I'm a student who will mainly be using the device for notes, pdfs, ebooks and likely. As I see it, iPad is better in terms of battery life, tablet experience and processing power compared to the Go. What pulls me in direction of the Surface is primarily the ability to run the full version of Office. As a student I use quite a lot of time in OneNote and Word. I'm not worried about OneNote as my notes are quite simple. In Word on the other hand, my documents are pretty long with a lot of figures and academic references which I manage with EndNote. How is the iPad version of Word? Would you write long papers on the iPad and are there any reference managers for the iPad that integrates with Word? Furthermore I like the Surface Keyboard more than the Smart Keyboard but I guess I can live with it or find something third party.

    In my spare time, I use many hours on my hobby: 3D Modelling and 3D Printing. On my Mac I work in Fusion360. This is where I really hope that the iPad Pro can get rid of any competition. Watching artists work on the iPad Pro with the pencil I really hope that there is an Autodesk Fusion360-ish alternative that can compete with the desktop alternative. Do you guys have any experience with 3D modelling on the iPad Pro?

    Any other thoughts on my decision?

    Thank you very much!

    submitted by /u/Kaka95
    [link] [comments]

    Few questions from someone who might get an ipad soon

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 10:37 AM PDT

    Hi all!

    I am thinking of getting a 2018 ipad soon. However, there are still some questions:

    - is there any way to easily transfer movies from the pc to the ipad? (not using airdrop) VLC allows for Wifi transfers on the ipad (from what ive read), but is there a way to plug in a cable and just transfer the files like on any android tablet? I really dont want to use itunes as i had a terrible experience with this piece of software.

    - if you connect the ipad to a tv using the lightning - hdmi adapter and draw on the ipad using the apple pencil, will the drawn lines appear on the tv as well (i.e. is the screen simply mirrored onto the tv) or are there any possible issues?

    I'd really appreaciate any feedback.

    Thanks,

    jean

    submitted by /u/jean-k191
    [link] [comments]

    Every time I connect my iPad mini 4 in my MacBook air this happens. IOS and macOS are up to date. I have tried different USB ports and cables. Can’t charge, use Duet or tether. Help! ��

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 04:25 AM PDT

    Apple pencil nib doubt!

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 10:59 AM PDT

    Hello guys :)

    could anyone tell me if the newest apple pencil comes with a softer nib? because I own one for more than 1 year and it has always felt really hard and slippery to the screen, but happened that the other day I went to an Apple shop and I tested some of the newest Ipads and Apple pencils and they felt really nice and I noticed that they have more traction and the nib also feels softer.. like a rub, so my doubt is that if they gave an upgrade to the Apple pencil or what because that one doesn't feel like the one I own at all, thanks beforehand :) sorry for my bad English:(

    submitted by /u/SatanKid
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Usage

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 07:30 PM PDT

    What iPad do you have and what apps do you use, other than the preinstalled iOS apps.

    submitted by /u/_Reddit_User_2018
    [link] [comments]

    Horrible battery drain on iPad Pro

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 12:59 AM PDT

    I have an iPad pro 10.5 and since I updated to ios 12 the battery life is gone very badly. The iPad will drain the battery so fast in standby. I turned everything off. Bluetooth, location, screen time and background refresh for most apps.

    And tips to solve this?

    submitted by /u/ali3003g
    [link] [comments]

    Since the iPad will be getting Photoshop and already have professional apps such as word , Excell and video editors. Do you think they will allow mouse support in the future ?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 04:23 AM PDT

    worth investing in the smart keyboard?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 06:54 PM PDT

    ipad pro user here... and just wonderingm having read the reviews if it is confirmed that the smart keyboard has indeed a short lifecycle. the idea of seamless connnectivity is attractive but i wonder is that it?

    submitted by /u/bearycurious101
    [link] [comments]

    Import of photos and missing free space

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 12:04 AM PDT

    Hello

    I have the problem that I wanted to import photos from an sd card via the lightning dongle. In the import section of photos I get the message not enough free space please free 3gb of space, but I have 62gb of my 128gb free on my iPad.

    Does anyone know what the problem could be, and what I can do to solve it?

    submitted by /u/ffabi
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Pro Really Charge this Slow?!

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 07:48 PM PDT

    I just got a second gen 10.5 iPad Pro and my god the 12w Apple Charger charges incredibly slow. I bought this used and it had 7% battery on it by 6PM I had turned it off and let it charge by then it was at 15% I believe. I just checked it maybe 30 minutes ago and it was at 87% does it normally take over 4 hours to charge!? I will definitely be getting a 29w charger and USB-C Cable now.

    submitted by /u/pwnedkiller
    [link] [comments]

    I have ios 10 on my ipad pro. Can i update it currently to ios 11 instead of direcrly updating it to ios 12?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 02:01 AM PDT

    Accidentally bought a 1st gen 12.9 Ipad pro instead of 2nd, should I keep it?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 05:55 PM PDT

    Hey everybody like the title says, I bought a "like new" ipad pro without looking carefully at the technical descriptions and ended up with a 1st gen for $699. I was already pushing my budget to the limit by buying the 12.9 and it looks like a second gen is going to be at least $50 more dollars which is really hard for me to justify.

    I'm using this almost entirely for drawing and media consumption. Is the jump to 2nd gen a big enough deal for me to return it? I was hoping to get a few years out of this ipad without worrying about it. Thanks for any advice.

    submitted by /u/Mango-Bear
    [link] [comments]

    When will the new iPad be available?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 08:34 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    I'm planning on getting an iPad pro and had two questions:

    1. When will the new iPad pro be available? I thought it would be available towards the end of 2018, but now it's titled iPad (2019) so I'm worried that it will actually be available next year (I live in Australia)
    2. Until when would you think the current iPad pro would hold up? I have had several iPhones that were almost unusable due to lag, poor battery performance, and increase in iOS's hardware requirement just after two years. Is this usually the case with iPads too?

    Because of these questions I'm now starting to consider the new surface pro, but I've had my eyes set on the iPad pro for some time so I'm kind of torn

    submitted by /u/hangman86
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel