• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 16, 2018

    Apple Watch Hey r/AppleWatch, I present you the integrated FlickType keyboard. For the first time ever, text comfortably straight from your wrist!

    Apple Watch Hey r/AppleWatch, I present you the integrated FlickType keyboard. For the first time ever, text comfortably straight from your wrist!


    Hey r/AppleWatch, I present you the integrated FlickType keyboard. For the first time ever, text comfortably straight from your wrist!

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 08:11 PM PDT

    Could these watches detect stress from our heart rates? Anyone else think it would be cool if the Breathe app could pop up when our watches think we need to focus for a moment?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 05:17 PM PDT

    After I picked up a new S4 Apple Watch, my kids wanted their own. So, I made some. We're all rocking the Infograph Modular face.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 07:51 AM PDT

    Outdoor walk with a puppy means getting this notification constantly.

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 04:30 PM PDT

    Developers Show What They Could Make if Apple Opened Up Watch Face Development

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 07:59 PM PDT

    Apple Link Bracelet vs. Chinese Copy

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 05:10 PM PDT

    Apple Link Bracelet vs. Chinese Copy

    Saw lots of videos on Youtube claiming the Chinese copies were just as good as the Apple one and found the Apple price to be way too much for me so thought I'd try one out. Ended up getting the OULUOQI one since multiple reviews said it was the better of the various copies and indeed in pictures and videos it looked pretty close.

    Got the bracelet and initially it looked pretty good.

    However looking more closely I started noticing some things that weren't great.

    1. The clasp when closed has some vertical play in it where the curve doesn't match perfectly and you can actually push it in a few a millimeters more even after it's latched.
    2. The edges were also very scratched up. This was easy enough to fix with some polish but still was quite noticeable.
    3. The little buttons you push to remove links were also some randomly finished. Some flat, some not and definitely a lot of variation in how they looked visibly.

    Functionally though, pretty good.

    It made me suddenly curious how it actually compared to the actual Apple one so I went looking and found a used one on eBay for basically the same price I paid for the OULUOQI one.

    So the verdict?

    The Apple one is definitely made better.

    The tolerances are just better all around.

    1. The latch is perfectly flush when closed.
    2. The edges were finished perfectly.
    3. The Apple one has a little bit of curve to the underneath each link that is missing from the copy.
    4. The buttons on each link were perfectly finished
    5. The way the links were constructed was more consistent even down to the tiny weld spots being aligned better.
    6. The visible pins which joined the latch parts and links had polished ends
    7. The bracelet was more flexible, significantly so which means it fits on your wrist just a tiny bit better.

    The Apple one definitely feels more like something you'd get from a nice jewelry store.

    Is it worth the 300-400 dollar price difference probably not to most people, but if you can find a used one in good condition then it's probably worth going for the used one instead.

    Site note: The links on the OULUOQI version are compatible with the Apple ones. They'll fit together just fine and while they aren't quite as flexible they'd work in a pinch if you needed replacements for some reason.

    Anyway, thought someone else might find some value in this since I found it interesting.

    Pictures below.

    Left: Apple / Right: Copy (Not the weirdness around the clasp that's because the shape of the two sides is not perfectly uniform)

    Left: Apple / Right: Copy (Note the perfect little weld points in the center of the Apple one versus the slightly off center ones on the Copy)

    Left: Apple / Right: Copy (Note the uniform button fit and finish as well as the slight curve to the inside of each link)

    Side view of the Apple clasp.

    Side view of the Copy clasp.

    Foreground: Apple / Background: Copy (Note that the Apple one droops more. This flexibility is reflected across the entire bracelet.)

    The nicely polished pins on the Apple bracelet.

    The same pin on the Copy.

    submitted by /u/methnen
    [link] [comments]

    TIL pinging an Apple Watch via Find my iPhone also locks it with passcode

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 06:03 AM PDT

    I was curious to see if pinging the watch would make it vibrate too. It did not, but after tapping OK I was greeted by a lock icon and prompted to enter the passcode (I was wearing it at the time).

    So if you let somebody use your watch for a moment and they try to run away, you can always ping it via Siri to lock it on their wrist I guess.

    submitted by /u/xAlcaranx
    [link] [comments]

    S4 battery is a beast

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 07:54 AM PDT

    Upgraded from S0 to S4 a week ago and finally put the battery to the test today. After 14 hours of use including a 5.5 hour / 65 km cycle workout and a 45 min / 7 km run workout my battery was still at 42%.

    Very impressive! My S0 would have died in hour two of the cycle workout.

    submitted by /u/ampinjapan
    [link] [comments]

    Dark sky crashing?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 07:07 AM PDT

    Has anyone been having issues with dark sky crashing on their watch? Mine won't even open or update on my watch screen, but it's fine on my phone. Anyone know any fixes? Already tried uninstalling and reinstalling

    submitted by /u/heckinpuppermom
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch survived washed/dryer!

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 06:42 PM PDT

    This evening almost led to a nervous breakdown/scare! I needed to do laundry and I noticed once the dryer was on a loud thumping noise began immediately. I ignored it for a good 3 minutes but ultimately decided to check on it. Low and behold, my Apple Watch series 3 was the culprit!

    It survived a full wash cycle ( cold water thankfully) and 3 minutes in the dryer. I even had the dryer set to the highest temp possible! When I retrieved my Apple Watch I quickly inspected for any heat damage. It was perfectly fine! I rinsed it under cold water just to be sure it wasn't overheated. Crazy but glad no damage had occurred.

    So if your wondering if an Apple Watch series 3 can survive a washing machine cycle and a couple of minutes in the dryer. Yes it can!

    submitted by /u/Acer2384
    [link] [comments]

    Bought a new Apple Watch Series 3 in April 2018. Have been using it regularly for the past 6 months, for workouts and to the office. With normal everyday use, the letters at the back of the watch are fading away. So strange ��. Has anyone else experienced the same issue??

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 11:25 PM PDT

    Series 2 and Battery Life. What’s yours?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 07:46 AM PDT

    Hey guys, been having some funky battery life going on with my Series 2. I totally reset the watch and repaired earlier in the week.

    I JUST got the 10% left enter power reserve notification, so I checked my battery life. I was a little surprised to see I'm near 2 days total battery life.

    https://i.imgur.com/NDgEnIq.jpg

    submitted by /u/black_beemer
    [link] [comments]

    42mm S3(Cellular) battery life

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 07:36 AM PDT

    So Ive had my S3 since around april of this year and ever since then my battery life would last me 2 days using about 50% each day. I just recently upgraded from the 7+ to the Xs and had to reset my watch to connect it to the new phone. Now my watch in about 4 hrs will lose 40% charge. I don't remember changing anything on the settings when I had it with my 7+. Is there anything anybody can think of that would have caused this drastic change in battery life? As an example I unplugged my watch from the charger at 4 am this morning and it is now 8 am and i am already at 66% and I havent received more than maybe 8 notifications all morning.

    submitted by /u/Miguelonperron
    [link] [comments]

    Best Sports App for Apple Watch?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 08:43 PM PDT

    Looking for a sports app that displays scores/upcoming game times for the major sports at least.

    All of the apps I've tried (ESPN, theScore, bleacher report) only show the scores of the teams you've favorited. I really enjoy checking the score or game times for all the teams of the leagues, not just my favorites.

    Any suggestions?

    Edit: Sports Alerts works perfectly! Thanks everyone!

    submitted by /u/NacSquared
    [link] [comments]

    Sleep tracking apple watch 4

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 06:42 AM PDT

    Hi guys. Is there a good way to get a sleep tracking on Apple watch series 4?

    submitted by /u/BigAmmui
    [link] [comments]

    Can't decide between stainless steel gold vs aluminum black!

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 12:35 AM PDT

    Hi guys! I didn't know if AW was for me or not, so decided to bite the bullet and buy it! The only one they had in stock was a Nike silver aluminum one and I've loved the watch so far, but I'm not a big fan of the silver. I went back and checked out some of the other variations and my favorite by far is either Stainless steel Gold or the aluminum black. Now I'm torn between the two.

    I really like the Milanese band that comes with the gold SS, but from what I've read the band can actually scratch the glass of the watch? Apparently it has something to do with the Diamond Like Coating. Does anyone have any experience with this? Also, if I was to get the Milanese then I would definitely want a more casual band as well, so that adds to the cost. What other band/straps go well with the Gold SS?

    Otherwise, I would get the all black aluminum and buy a brown leather strap for it probably. Sounds like aluminum is also lighter than SS, so that's a pro for me. Finally, I don't really need cellular, and with the black aluminum i'm not locked into buying cellular, so that's another pro.

    The price difference is also quite large ($430 vs $850), so that's another pro for aluminum. But I absolutely love the Gold SS with Milanese band look. For me, the watch is a useful utility, but also fashionable. I'm torn! Was anyone in a similar position?

    submitted by /u/Whiffler
    [link] [comments]

    White Ceramic S2 Edition. Midnight Blue and Antique White sport bands. DuoTone Roman custom watch face.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 06:01 AM PDT

    Nightstand mode - can you change the display?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 05:36 AM PDT

    I really like nightstand mode but just don't like the numbers are presented. (Hour on top of mins)

    I see online pics of time on one line with date underneath.

    How do I change mine to that?

    submitted by /u/Dan0956
    [link] [comments]

    I think I have a problem �� what does your collection look like?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 07:31 AM PDT

    Disable the second hand on analogue watch faces?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 01:08 AM PDT

    I'm wondering if it's possible to disable the second hand on any of the 'normal' analogue watch faces, such as utility or modular?

    I am aware that the breathe and disney analogue watch faces don't have a second hand, but I'm not interested in either of those

    I have a series 3, but I'm also curious if there are any decent-looking analogue watch faces on the series 4 without a second hand

    I tried googling this, the results that were returned were either for second-hand (as in, pre-owned) apple watches, or were years old

    submitted by /u/TinyCooper
    [link] [comments]

    Will the Apple Watch Hermes be restocked?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 04:48 AM PDT

    Or was it one and done? How did they do it for the 3 series?

    submitted by /u/ChickenJiblets
    [link] [comments]

    Just got a Series 4. It was at 50%, put it on the charger and it took 2 hours to get to 100%. Then I put it on the charger this morning at 94% and took it off 45 minutes later with it gaining 2%.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 04:42 AM PDT

    Is this normal? I'm using an Anker USB 4 port charger, but nothing else was taking juice at the same time. It's the same charger my wife uses for her S1, and she's never mentioned any problem.

    Would it be better or faster to charge with an iPad charger?

    And yes, the watch was properly positioned on the charger.

    submitted by /u/RedTib
    [link] [comments]

    Activity competition with friends from abroad?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 03:38 AM PDT

    Anyone with experience with this?

    submitted by /u/Lightsandlikes
    [link] [comments]

    Changes in Move ring calorie accuracy?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 11:40 PM PDT

    Has anyone noticed a change recently in the accuracy of the Calorie count in the move ring?

    On my S3 I have noticed the last week or so that the calorie count is higher than usual, especially during workouts using the "Strong" app. Looking back at this time last month, for a workout around 1.5 hours I would have around 350 active calories and around 500 total calories. This week however, it has been clocking in around 500-600 active calories and 700-800 total calories.

    The workouts are around the same lengths, and from what I can tell and feel the intensity of the exercises have not changed a lot at all.

    The watch was wiped and set up as new when I did a clean install of iOS 12 on my phone in late September, but other than that everything is the same.

    Is anyone else noticing anything similar? It seems to be grossly over counting my calories for "Move" purposes.

    submitted by /u/daniel-ziegler
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel