• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 14, 2018

    Apple Watch Anyone else switch to Apple Music just for Watch integration?

    Apple Watch Anyone else switch to Apple Music just for Watch integration?


    Anyone else switch to Apple Music just for Watch integration?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 07:50 PM PDT

    I've been a happy Spotify user for many years, but as I get deeper and deeper into the Apple ecosystem, I decided to give Apple Music a try. I've now got a Mac, iPhone, Apple Watch, and AirPods. I like the Apple Watch integration, but I miss being able to easily play songs on my Google Home, and I am NOT about to waste money on a HomePod.

    It's hard, I like the Apple Watch integration, but it's really just a remote. I don't have the LTE model, so I won't really encounter a situation where I listen to music solely on my watch without my phone.

    Has anyone else given Apple Music a shot just for the watch integration, and what do you think of it?

    submitted by /u/drumrocker365
    [link] [comments]

    AppleInsider’s Nike Apple Watch Review also did a comparison of the sport loop bands

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 07:24 PM PDT

    Are you guys still having the charging issue after upgrading to watchOS 5.0.1?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 06:55 AM PDT

    Yesterday night around 23:50 I put my watch on the charger and the battery was at 34%, I even waited for a while, and I checked it again and I saw the battery level was at 42% so I know it's charging. But I woke up this morning at 9:12 and I saw the battery was at 12%. So I'm assuming it failed to charge overnight, and that is after I upgraded to the latest version. Are you guys still having the same issue as well?

    submitted by /u/MarticZtn
    [link] [comments]

    For those that love to mix their love of AW and formula 1- the countdown AW app is back!

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 03:36 AM PDT

    A few Competition thoughts/suggestions

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 04:23 AM PDT

    I really like the Competitions within activity but had a few thoughts and suggestions about it, a sort of wish list for updates.

    1. The 600 point per day cap. This seems to be the biggest complaint right now. I see a few options here. One fix, have a toggle. Let us have the ability to toggle it on or off if we choose. So when we challenge somebody, it would show up as either 600 point limit or a no limit competition. Or, let us choose the cap amount. If you and a friend are really active but still like the cap, make it 1000. I do agree the cap can be annoying, especially if you're behind and can't win solely because there's a cap.

    2. Auto restart competitions. So unless I'm missing something, as of now you can't auto compete with people on a recurring basis. What this means is there becomes a mandatory rest day between competitions. What this also means is you can't have recurring competitions that start every Monday let's say. Every new competition will start one day later. Maybe I'm just a little OCD, but I'd like to just start a new competition every Monday. Fix: on the night of the last day, give us a notification asking if we want to rechallenge the person to another competition. Or have a toggle to have auto rematches.

    3. This one is a wish list item. Give bonuses for closing your rings. So right now the rings have different point values. The move ring changes based on your goal, but the exercise ring is around 3 points per minute, and the stand ring is 8 points per hour stood. This obviously means standing is worth more than an exercise minute, which is worth more than a calorie burned. So give bonus points for closing each ring. Closing your move goal could be worth 30 bonus points, 20 for closing your exercise goal, and 10 for the stand goal. And give 50 bonus points if you close all three. Moving even further, you could give perfect week bonuses also, though I'm sure that may be hard if you start the competition on a weekday for example and the perfect weeks come on Sunday. I don't know how hard that would be to code.

    4. Another wish list item. Random challenges, similar to the changing monthly challenge. For example, it's a Wednesday and both people get a notification: First person to close their Exercise ring gets 25 bonus points; or Most steps today gets a 15 point bonus. Once again, have the option to toggle on and off but I think it'd be fun.

    So those are my ideas. Anybody have others? I'm thinking there will be some changes to it over the next year, but these are what I'd like to see.

    submitted by /u/Uncomfortably___Numb
    [link] [comments]

    Here’s my 40mm Series 4 with a 44mm leather loop after I cut the edges and resized the band (note: I did a shitty job)

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 02:46 PM PDT

    So I have pretty small wrists and alas I'm forced to purchase the 40mm Apple Watch at the expense of looking like a complete fool with an oversized watch hanging over my wrists.

    I love the leather loop Apple makes and didn't want to go for a third party one. So I grabbed one from the Apple store and decided to half shave / half cut the extending edges off with an exacto knife. As for the band itself, it was too long. So I cut off the base magnet, cut off a few links, then used leather super glue to repair the base magnet. If you don't need to cut off more than a link or two, you don't even need to put the base magnet back on, as most of the links of magnets in them, and the loop can stay well fastened even when cut a few strips.

    I did a really shit half assed job on the edges; but it's fine. I don't see them 98% of the time and when I do I really don't mind. Just makes me laugh thinking about the process I had to go through instead of Apple just making these things in all sizes. Anyhow, just figured someone wanted to see. https://imgur.com/a/ixk4cU3/

    submitted by /u/Not_A_Chef
    [link] [comments]

    Need a patriots watch face

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 08:02 AM PDT

    Anyone running a good patriots watch face? Had mine for a couple years and want to mix it up

    submitted by /u/eshunter1128
    [link] [comments]

    Help with setup

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 08:01 AM PDT

    I just bought my wife a new app,e watch and took her old one. I get through setup until is wants to verify iTunes Store and just sits there with the spinning circle. Is there a way to verify this or skip this setup. I'm using a 5s with series 2 Apple Watch. Both latest iOS. Thanks for any help!

    submitted by /u/CalllmeDragon
    [link] [comments]

    WatchOS 5.0.1 Siri watch face battery drain?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 07:49 AM PDT

    This question most likely has been asked, but has anyone else seen severe battery drain when using the Siri Watch face since updating to WatchOS 5? I used to have no issue getting though the day. It's unusable at this point.

    submitted by /u/No1ButtMe
    [link] [comments]

    Custom watch faces with SceneKit. I am so in.

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 02:09 PM PDT

    Can you use an Apple Watch series 3 charger with an original Apple Watch S1?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 07:12 AM PDT

    My dad has an original Apple Watch S1 and he lost his charger. I gave him my charger from my series 3 and he said it is not working. Is this expected, or is his watch probably broken?

    submitted by /u/musicalmath
    [link] [comments]

    The Astronomy complication should be a shortcut to an app

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 07:11 AM PDT

    Am enjoying infograph. In one slot I'm using the complication of Earth because putting anything else there looked much worse. What would be great would be a way to use this complication as a shortcut for another app. For example, it lead to workouts, I'd almost never have to leave Infograph to goto the apps page.

    Btw, if anyone is curious, I have from top left, clockwise around:

    • carrot weather
    • fantastical
    • streaks. Set this to some numerical goals so I have a progress bar increasing tbrough the day
    • pedometer++. This is the second bar I try to fill throughout the day

    In the middle, from top around clockwise

    • Date. No calendar, makes it easier to tell time
    • Drafts. I love this app. I made a Shortcut on my phone/ipad to write a plan for the day in drafts during my morning routine. Now I can view that at a glance from my watch, and also scroll down to previous days entries
    • Earth
    • Autosleep. Basically this shows if I should take a nap or go to bed early (because the ring isn't full$. Keeps me aware of my sleep.

    Anyway, would love to be able to set that earth as a launcher shortcut. Wouldn't have to display data or anything. Just quickly open another app.

    Screenshot

    http://imgur.com/3nRaoVk

    submitted by /u/graeme_b
    [link] [comments]

    Multiple Siri Watch Faces Can Have Different Data Sources

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 03:24 PM PDT

    Reminder Notification

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 05:23 AM PDT

    Is it possible to have the stock reminder app keep a reminder displayed past the set time? I had a reminder for 9am which I'm yet to do because I'm not home, yet when it gets to 9am it says I have no more reminders on my watch?

    submitted by /u/angrykid8
    [link] [comments]

    Reordering cards in Wallet

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 10:32 PM PDT

    Hi all! If anyone was wondering, I figured out a workaround for changing the order of cards loaded into Apple Pay on the watch.

    To do this you must have the wallet app open on your watch!

    An example with 4 cards loaded:

    1) open the wallet app on your watch (this has to be open through this entire process) 2) go to Apple Pay settings on the watch app on your phone 3) make the default card the one you want last on your list (card number 4) 4) then change the default card you the one you want 3rd on the list 5) change the default card to the one you want 2nd on the list 6) change the default card to the one you want 1st

    You should see the cards dynamically reorder on the watch and at the end they'll be in the correct order!

    Let me know if it works for you!

    submitted by /u/saaj1998
    [link] [comments]

    Period/Menstruation Tracker?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 04:00 AM PDT

    My wife was using a Fitbit which had a handy period tracker in it which would give her (and more importantly -me!) handy reminders about when her period was coming up.

    Now she's on Apple Watch and we aren't sure of what apps are available.

    Any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/LastSorbet
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth getting the Series 4 with cellular?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 12:52 PM PDT

    I have used the Series 2 everyday for everything and I love it! I'd like to get the Series 4, but am unsure if it's necessary. When I go biking, I mount my phone on my bike, but when I run and swim, I go without my phone.

    Are there many good reasons for justifying the extra cost of having cell connectivity?

    submitted by /u/shutterchase
    [link] [comments]

    Loving my S4 but have one complaint/question?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 01:15 PM PDT

    Hey all, first time posting here. Hope I can communicate what I'm thinking here..

    I find it interesting that there are two ways to change the watch face yet one of those could be used for quickly accessing recently used apps. You can force press to customize watch faces or change the displaying watch face. Or you can simply swipe left or right. I always use the same watch face and don't need to quickly change the faces. I wish you could just swipe left or right on the watch face to access recently used apps. I find pressing the side button then finding the app I want to be a little cumbersome and uncomfortable. I often have to get to the Now Playing app to change the song or volume. Is there a way to do this? To access the recent apps easier?

    submitted by /u/trevdrummer12
    [link] [comments]

    Phone app brightness?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 04:23 AM PDT

    Has anyone noticed that when you open the Phone app and then the keypad, the brightness increases? Almost like when you open a pass in Wallet. Not sure why this happens.

    (Series 4 watchOS 5 btw)

    submitted by /u/a_estock
    [link] [comments]

    Kaleidoscope Watchface really does look elegant with the 2018 WWDC Invite!

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 10:26 AM PDT

    My Nike version series 4 just shipped. From China...

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 07:31 AM PDT

    I live in the USA. I pre ordered the 44mm space gray nike version from Apple's official website. It shipped from China straight to my doorstep. Is Apple trying to punt import customs costs to consumers and that is why they did that? I'm going to be super annoyed if I get hit with a customs charge for this. I assumed it'd ship from like, you know, the USA.

    Did anyone else in the USA pre order and have their watch ship from China direct to you? Did you get hit with a customs charge?

    submitted by /u/DrHumongous
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel