• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 14, 2018

    iPhone Ok Apple now you’re just taking the piss...

    iPhone Ok Apple now you’re just taking the piss...


    Ok Apple now you’re just taking the piss...

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 03:29 PM PDT

    I’ve never needed it before tonight, but Find My iPhone is absolutely amazing. Drunk wife managed to throw her phone out of a car window on the M11 while being sick at 70MPH. 2 hours later I manage to find it, in darkness on the hard shoulder all thanks to an app ���� She owes me big time tomorrow!

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 04:01 PM PDT

    It’s a bug, wish it was a feature!

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 07:50 AM PDT

    LPT: If you’re using eSIM on your iPhone XS/XR you should disable control center when your device is locked.

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 09:57 PM PDT

    Since eSIM is not a physical SIM card it can never be removed. So your phone will always have reception and will traceable with find my iPhone as long as it's on.

    It's probably in your best favour to disable control center when the device is locked. That way if your phone ever gets lost or stolen, your device can never be put into airplane mode or have cellular disabled. You'll always be able to track it and even if it's turned off the moment it turns back on it will connect to a cell network.

    It doesn't make much of a difference in terms of usability for you. Face ID usually kicks in immediately after your turn on your phone anyways which will allow you to use control center from the lock screen.

    To turn it off open the Settings app and go to Face ID & Passcode then scroll down to Allowed Access when locked and turn off Control Center.

    Pic

    Edit: Probably also good to to have the Siri feature for when you say 'Who owns this phone?' enabled and make sure it's working when the device is locked.

    submitted by /u/EXOQ
    [link] [comments]

    I’m in love with this bright white color. Looks amazing and it stands out. I just hope it stays clean.

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 02:03 PM PDT

    Thank you iPhone repairman

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 01:14 PM PDT

    Went into the Apple store today in order to replace my 2 year old iPhone SE's battery for £25. Came back after an hour to be told that in the process of removing the battery they had broken the pins keeping it in place and if it was ok with me they would be giving me a brand new SE as a replacement.

    Hard not to leave the store smiling.

    submitted by /u/Brenbren25
    [link] [comments]

    SE -> 8 Upgrade Experience

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 09:18 PM PDT

    First of all I wanted to give back a bit because I've scoured this sub so much in making this decision to upgrade. I spent (or wasted depending on your perspective) like 6 hours researching (or obsessing) over it. I initially moved from an Android (Nexus 6P) to an iPhone SE. I bought the SE for $200 as an entry-model into the iOS world, with the intention of getting an X down the line. Below are some of my thoughts on the upgrade to an iPhone 8.

    • Holy crap, my favorite feature has got to be the "haptic touch." One of the things I disliked about my SE was how freakin' loud the vibrate was.
    • The battery life is significantly better. I can go through the day and just having the 8 plugged into my car to play the audio as an iPod keeps me from getting so low that I worry about it dying.
    • I don't have a wireless charger, but I used my friend's and it was pretty cool.
    • I initially was gonna get a 128gig, used iPhone 7 but ultimately decided that 64gig is enough for me. That's proven to be true thus far.
    • My friend got an iPhone XS Max and I honestly wasn't blown away. The True Tone feature has made me appreciate the screen on my 8 much more.
    • Still totally usable with one hand.
    • 3D Touch is great and I love still having Touch ID.

    Overall I'm very satisfied with the upgrade, plan on using it for 2 to 3+ years. If you're unsure about how to upgrade your SE but still want the "original" iPhone feel - go for an 8!

    submitted by /u/gleesh
    [link] [comments]

    It appears my iPhone SE is on the way out. Phone has been slowing down recently but yesterday froze and turned off unexpectedly.

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 01:49 PM PDT

    [Help] My iPhone 7 is disabled permanently even though I know the passcode. How do I unlock it without resetting its data?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 01:30 AM PDT

    Long story short, some prankster took my phone for a few hours and deliberately entered the wrong passcode too many times in a row. This resulted in an on-screen message that says "iPhone is disabled, connect to iTunes." I know there is a way to make my phone functional again, but that requires me to erase all data on my phone and I do not want to do that. I know the passcode to my iPhone. Is there a way to unlock it again?

    submitted by /u/Outplayed66
    [link] [comments]

    1Password or iCloud Keychain?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 06:31 AM PDT

    Since I updated to iOS12, 1Password work perfectly like what iCloud Keychain can do like password for web and apps. I would like to use just 1 password manager. Which one should i use?

    submitted by /u/jsce8
    [link] [comments]

    How to change voice input source?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 06:41 AM PDT

    Basically I have the BeatsX and I use them constantly and are almost always connected with my phone. The issue is when I talk with them during a phone call the microphone is fine but when I try and record a WhatsApp voice message it barely even works and is super quiet. Im wondering if there is a way to change it for an App like WhatsApp so that I can listen through my earbuds although I'd be recording through my default microphone on my phone?

    submitted by /u/sakkodie
    [link] [comments]

    Alarm while using headphones

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 02:00 AM PDT

    I always listen to music to help me fall asleep. The thing is when I'm using headphones, the alarm volume is distributed through headphones and phone speaker (I'd say half/half) and the phone doesn't even vibrate. It's so silent that it failed to wake me up 3 times in 2 weeks of using the phone. It's SO annoying. I'm coming from a samsung and the alarm there worked flawlessly even with headphones plugged in.

    Is there a way how to fix this? Maybe even third party app? Thanks

    iPhone X (iOS 12)

    submitted by /u/vangyx
    [link] [comments]

    What is everyone's using for quick charging? Is the apple 30w and USB to lighting my best option?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 07:53 AM PDT

    IPhone XS - Recommended Case and Screen Protector

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 11:46 PM PDT

    Hey guys, I'm ordering my XS tomorrow and was looking around online for a good case and screen protector but can't seem to find good options. Almost any case I look at on Amazon says its for the XS but reviewers say it doesnt fit right. And most screen protectors have reviews saying they bubble or crack in a very short amount of time. For the case, I'm looking for something fairly slim but with good drop protection. Preferably black/clear. I have a Spigen Ultra Hybrid on my 7 Plus which I love but the version for the XS has tons of terrible reviews saying it hasnt been adapted from the X so the fitment sucks.

    What have yall had a good experience with? Thanks for the help

    submitted by /u/AubryScully
    [link] [comments]

    YouTube on iPhone X keeps randomly popping up with playback controls

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 03:58 PM PDT

    Everytime i watch a video on YouTube, the playback controls will constantly pop up randomly for like 2-3 seconds and then go away again. It happens even when i'm not holding the phone so i know it's not my palm or fingers accidentally hitting it. the only thing i could have thought is my breath? watching videos on my iPad has no issues at all.

    anyone else having the same issues??

    submitted by /u/dyldawg33
    [link] [comments]

    ESIM questions

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 03:19 AM PDT

    I bought the iPhone Xs max as soon as I could with a view to using the ESIM functionality (I was aware it wasn't available right away and I was prepared to wait) but I thought I'd have more info by now on exactly how it's going to work. My aim is to ditch my business phone and just carry the Xs with ESIM specifically for business calls/texts. I'm wondering wether I'll be able to set the ESIM line to 'do not disturb' independently of my main line, so after work I can relax with my family without my customers calling and texting (I'm a plumbing/heating engineer and approaching winter I'll be very busy but need time to switch off and enjoy family life). Any info would be greatly appreciated, I wouldn't like to wait all this time then realise I would have been better off just buying a separate iPhone SE and a cheap SIM deal. Thanks in advance peeps ✌🏼

    submitted by /u/sonicthehedgefrog
    [link] [comments]

    TIL double tapping the power button enables YouTube videos to be still playable on the lock screen.

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 09:53 AM PDT

    Is the lack of Touch ID in the X-series phones a dealbreaker for anyone else?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 09:47 AM PDT

    I was ready to upgrade from my 7 Plus. The increased screen size in the XS Max is really nice, same with the screen, better camera, and it's faster.

    But I was playing with it in the Apple Store and realized I couldn't figure out how it did Touch ID. I asked someone about it and they told me that it was replaced with Face ID. I was shocked. I didn't even think to verify that it had Touch ID because I just assumed that it did, that they wouldn't remove that feature.

    Major dealbreaker for me. Especially when I see things like this, where cops can force people to look at their phone to unlock it. At least with fingerprints they would have to physically force you to put your finger on the phone and there's things you can do, like cutting your finger.

    I'm sure you're probably thinking "well just don't use it then", and sure I wouldn't use Face ID. But using a passcode is still just more difficult than placing my finger on my phone.

    submitted by /u/ShowerVagina
    [link] [comments]

    8 Plus -> XR, anyone else considering this?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 09:36 AM PDT

    I purchased my 8+ through the iPhone Upgrade Program and am highly considering upgrading to an XR early, given that the monthly price of a 128GB XR is the same as an 8+.

    Of course, the lower resolution screen and the single camera are points towards keeping the 8+, and I am probably waiting until I can see an XR in store, but I just wanted to get other's thoughts on this: is there anyone else who's considering upgrading? Any points that I didn't think of?

    submitted by /u/ohitsanazn
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone SE Owners who got theirs Spring 2016, how are they holding up?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 09:35 AM PDT

    I have a 6S+ and it's doing well. I can wait another 2 years for my next upgrade (2020)

    I wish I knew SE was coming up months later 6S+ released. Would've saved $500 and it's a lot more portable.

    submitted by /u/KommanderTom
    [link] [comments]

    FaceTime disappeared after the resent update on iPhone X

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 01:57 AM PDT

    Interesting Glitch, Not Complaining

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 11:26 AM PDT

    iOS 12 battery life on X

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 09:27 AM PDT

    Anyone else notice a drastic group after updating? My phone never used to die and now with the same usage it's died everyday. Same battery health, tried hard reset and turned off screen time as well.

    submitted by /u/blaster701
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel