• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 18, 2018

    Apple Macbook Finally! Im ready for my macbook air refresh! Been waiting to pull the trigger on a new macbook for months!

    Apple Macbook Finally! Im ready for my macbook air refresh! Been waiting to pull the trigger on a new macbook for months!


    Finally! Im ready for my macbook air refresh! Been waiting to pull the trigger on a new macbook for months!

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 11:10 AM PDT

    SSD replacement for a macbook air 2014

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 09:05 PM PDT

    SSD replacement for a macbook air 2014

    Hi there, my girlfriend has this old macbook air 2014 11 inches (model: A1465), the thing is she bought an alternative AC charger as a replacement for the original, and this charger burnout the original SSD, so I'm looking for a new one, and I figured out that Apple has a propietary connector for the SSD's, so buy any SSD will be useful, and find the original one is a pain in the ass and an expensive one... Looking for intentet I discover some adapters for the propietary connector (this one: https://www.amazon.com/Macbook-Convert-A1466-Supports-Support/dp/B073F777RL/ref=as_li_ss_tl?encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=XDE224MN0XHEMKM0JNAD&dpID=41O0DC56%252BcL&preST=_SY300_QL70&dpSrc=detail&linkCode=sl1&tag=techtropixmacbookssd-20&linkId=916b96ed2654c115159a09107076a00f), but I don't know if any SSD will work, since almost every SSD aviable out there has NVme storage, so the question is... This model allows NVme? Do I need to find an especific SSD for the adapter? Which one?...

    Thanks in advance!

    Macbook specs: https://everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook-air/specs/macbook-air-core-i5-1.4-11-early-2014-specs.html

    Macbook numbers

    https://i.redd.it/42c0kro1h2t11.jpg

    submitted by /u/Gonzalopabloandres
    [link] [comments]

    Why are Macbook GPUs so shit

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 07:33 PM PDT

    Why is this the case?

    Did it used to be this bad? The most expensive macbook has a 100 dollar gpu inside that can't do any useful work. (RX 560)

    submitted by /u/soulslicer0
    [link] [comments]

    HELP: A-Key is not responding!

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 10:25 PM PDT

    I own 2014 MacBook Pro 15 inch. Somehow, my letter a-key on keyboard is not responsive. Other keys are working just fine. I am not sure how can I fix it. Could you provide some ways to fix it? There is no fluid or sticky things around the a-key, and there is no different feeling when I pushed the a-key. Somehow, it is not responding!

    submitted by /u/TheoryEternity
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Doesn't Die like it used too...

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 03:42 PM PDT

    So I've been using Mac laptops for 10 years now. I remember back in the day when my laptop would die, I could get the charger, plug it back in. It would do this loading bar screen with the background grayed out and it would let me resume right where I left off...essentially it would automatically hibernate it before the battery died...now on my last 3 or so MacBooks. I think since SSD's became popular this doesn't happen anymore. When my battery dies...the laptop goes completely off and I have to reboot my computer and it starts like a new machine.

    Does anyone else know what I'm talking about or have you experienced this? I have at least 20-30 GB free on my SSD so there should be enough room for a hibernate files.

    submitted by /u/Bmied31
    [link] [comments]

    Keep 2017 MBP running when lid is closed

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 07:07 PM PDT

    I like to stream stuff from my MBP to my TV but I cant seem to figure out how to keep the program running when I close my screen. Its a small problem but if there was a way it would be fantastic.

    submitted by /u/poopypants423
    [link] [comments]

    Changing to SSD mid 2012 macbook pro

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 06:36 PM PDT

    So I have a samsung 1tb ssd, I was going to clone the internal drive to the new ssd using a sata to usb cable. The drive powers up. I just unboxed it. But I can't get disk utility to see it.

    help!

    submitted by /u/dude_42
    [link] [comments]

    DARK THEME IS DROP-DEAD GORGEOUS!!!

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 01:56 PM PDT

    I just updated to macOS Mojave on my 15 inch MBP 2017, and I didn't think I'd like it, but dark theme is AMAZING. I love how it looks with the space grey aluminum body. It will take some adjusting, though.

    And I thought my Mac experience couldn't get any better...

    submitted by /u/TurbulentProcess7
    [link] [comments]

    anyone got suggestions on trouble shooting why my ethernet cable is not connecting?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 05:19 PM PDT

    i tried using it last night, had this issue and just plugged it in and out a twice and doing it again today i have no luck, anyone know why this could be happening?

    submitted by /u/Toooldforpreme
    [link] [comments]

    Is it normal for a 13 inch MBP 2018 to turn off its fans when cool?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 04:41 PM PDT

    As the title says, I found out today using iStat Menus that my mbp sets the speed of its fans to 0 rpm when idle or in light use. I tried putting some pressure on the processor and it turned the fans on, but they went back to 0 after the system was cooled off. Do you think it's normal?

    As I said in the title, is a 13 inch macbook pro 2018 and it's running Mojave.

    submitted by /u/varodonaire
    [link] [comments]

    Is the MBP getting a refresh on Oct.30?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 04:29 PM PDT

    Just bought my 2018 pro and call me selfish but I don't want my laptop to be outdated less than a month after I've dropped 2000$ on it.

    submitted by /u/ankanam
    [link] [comments]

    How long has your MacBook lasted you?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 02:50 PM PDT

    I'm just curious to see how long your MacBook has lasted you. 3 years, 5 years, 7 years or more?

    Is it still running smoothly? Have you made upgrades since you bought it?

    I can't wait to get a new one later this year!

    submitted by /u/Ed_Monton
    [link] [comments]

    Found some more MacBooks and MacBook Pro’s starting at great prices!

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 02:22 PM PDT

    Three Finger Middle Click in Mojave 10.14?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 07:26 AM PDT

    So for the past years i´ve been using MagicPrefs to mimic a middle mousebutton on the trackpad. But apparently MagicPrefs finally got bricked with the latest update, so now I´m searching for alternatives.

    I just want the following action: Clicking with three fingers on a link, shortcut etc. in Chrome opens it in a new tab.

    Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/RotariCatfish
    [link] [comments]

    Mac without Battery Question

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 12:00 PM PDT

    I'm using an old 2006 duo core. It tends to heat up often. I know the processor slows without battery but will it atleast prevent the system from heating too much?

    submitted by /u/b1uer0b1n
    [link] [comments]

    Best value for money macbook or used macbook ?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 11:29 AM PDT

    Pretty much I have a good desktop pc and I want a laptop for movies music maybe a little video editing or ps and I like the ips screen on macbooks

    looking for a full hd one

    with the best value for dollar out there even if it's not the newest model.

    submitted by /u/Anarcxh
    [link] [comments]

    Help with Touchbar and Google Chrome

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 11:18 AM PDT

    I have the 2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch Touchbar, and I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out how to get the touchbar to work with Google Chrome.

    As of right now when i open Google Chrome the default touchbar shows up as the function keys, instead of the new customizable touchbar that was added with Chrome version 60.

    Chrome is fully up to date and I don't know what im supposed to change, but the customize touchbar option in the views tab is greyed out.

    submitted by /u/that_canadian_
    [link] [comments]

    Cheap/Safe 15" USB C Charger

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 08:38 AM PDT

    So I just got a MacBook Pro 15" 2017 to replace my 13" 2016 MacBook Pro and my gaming desktop. This will now be my only computer and I'm using it with a Dell monitor at home. My current setup involves using a USB-C hub/dock with ethernet, usb, and HDMI. The monitor has usb 3.0 usb hub functions, so I have a external HDD, gaming mouse, and other usb devices plugged in through monitor and its working well..

    So TLDR: Right now I have a dock and I plug in one cable it turns my laptop into a desktop, but I have to bring my charger with every where. I'm looking for a cheap alternative to buying another $80 Apple charger. I figured now that Apple uses a standard charging design there may be some cheaper legit options out there...is that the case?

    submitted by /u/Bmied31
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a site that lists all the upgrades you can make to your Macbook/iMac depending on model?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 07:10 AM PDT

    Sorry if this is a n00by post, I was wondering if there was somewhere that lists all the upgrades you can do to bring your Mac back up to speed compared to today's computers?

    I have a 2010 Macbook Pro and a 2009 iMac that I've never changed anything on and whilst I still absolutely love them and they run just as well as they always have, I think it's time to give them some TLC and bring them into 2018 a bit.

    I assume replacing the HDD with an SSD is a given and max out the RAM whilst I'm in there but I'm happy to do anything else worthwhile whilst I'm working on them. I was thinking remove the CD drive and replace with a harddrive in a optical drive caddy.

    Anyone know of any good resources?

    Many thanks!

    submitted by /u/nerostone
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air with loud fans

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 12:44 AM PDT

    Hey, my Macbook Air has its fans running really loudly. I tried googling for a solution and the answer that came up frequently was to do a SMC reset. I have done it twice already but nothing has changed. I simply use Chrome with nothing else running in the background and I have no idea how to stop this. Any help would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/HyeriMyGoddess
    [link] [comments]

    Juice spilled on MacBook Pro... am I screwed??

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 06:38 AM PDT

    So, about two months ago my husband and I were watching netflix on my laptop, and he somehow spilled his orange juice on the keyboard. It wasn't a large amount (his glass was almost empty) but still. I turned it off right away and then sat it upside down for about 48 hours. It seemed to be working fine for a few days, but then it started randomly turning off while I'm using it. The screen comes right back on if I press any button. It started out just doing that maybe once a week (if that), but it's been happening more and more recently. So far this morning it's turned itself off three times within a few hours, so I'm getting pretty nervous. The only other issue I have is a couple of the keys are sticking in the area where the juice was, which is to be expected lol. I've read that orange juice is pretty much the worst thing to spill on a computer.

    So, I'm guessing this is the kind of thing that just gets worse over time. Does anyone have any tips for me to prolong the life of my laptop, or should I be planning on buying a new one pretty soon? It's a mid 2014 MacBook Pro retina, if that makes any difference. If there's anything I can do to fix some of the damage I would rather do that. Anyone have any experience with liquid damage? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/roseboom
    [link] [comments]

    Having a problem with my MacBook Pro charger.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 02:13 AM PDT

    I got a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) around May, after having been a Windows user for over a decade, and I really love it.

    Just today I have noticed an issue.

    So sometimes as I am maybe moving, getting up out of bed, adjusting etc, the charger disconnects. Today after that happened and I reconnected it, the light didn't turn on. Was plugged in fine, and this has never happened before. The icon was that black one which according to the system, means it is plugged in but not charging. I took it out and put it back in and it was fine.

    This happened again later but I couldn't get the light on but it was already over 90% charged so I left it thinking a break would help.

    This time when I tried plugging it in again no light and the black background on the battery icon. After another attempt it seems to be working.

    I am worried it may increasingly get worse and worse. I don't want to take it to an Apple store because it is pretty far away nor do I want to carry around an expensive laptop that could easily be stolen in a crowded mall. On top of that I know they charge a hefty price just for an appointment and who knows what else. And a new charger is about 80$

    Sorry if I rambled and gave too much unnecessary information. I was thinking I could buy this -> r/https://www.amazon.com/Macbook-Charger-Adapter-Connector-Replacement/dp/B079G86T9W

    But I wanted to know if maybe someone here has a better understanding of this issue and maybe knows an easy fix, I'm still pretty new to Macs so maybe I am just stupid and its an easy fix.

    submitted by /u/DecShep
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel