• Breaking News

    Monday, October 15, 2018

    Apple iOS TIL if you hold your finger over the Touch ID sensor, iOS will highlight which fingerprint it belongs to

    Apple iOS TIL if you hold your finger over the Touch ID sensor, iOS will highlight which fingerprint it belongs to


    TIL if you hold your finger over the Touch ID sensor, iOS will highlight which fingerprint it belongs to

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 01:00 AM PDT

    The volume icon is a bit small. Can Apple make it a bit more prominent? /s

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 06:14 AM PDT

    I’m 99% sure my other is filled with F**tnite game files even though I’ve deleted the game. How can I get rid of them?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 01:39 PM PDT

    Does anyone know why I’m still getting update notification badges even though I’m on the newest iOS?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 03:37 AM PDT

    Screentime is not showing past a few days. I’ve been using iOS 12 since it debuted. Any fixes?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 05:57 AM PDT

    Did iOS 12 kill off predictive emoji?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 04:00 PM PDT

    The option is on in the keyboard preferences, but I never see predictive emoji options when texting.

    submitted by /u/californialiving81
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] Is it worth it updating an iPad Mini 2 to iOS 12?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 09:14 PM PDT

    Hello! I'm basically gathering opinions before I click accept. I hope this isn't breaking the subreddit's rules.

    My iPad Mini 2 is a 32gb model with iOS 10.3 right now.... is it worth updating it to iOS 12 or should I stay on this one? I don't mind having to sacrifice a little bit of my speed but if there's a huge difference then it's gonna feel like a waste. Thank you so much!

    submitted by /u/arthurhilton
    [link] [comments]

    App accessing contacts with no permissions. Is that normal?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 06:35 AM PDT

    Downloaded an app (todo cloud) and it pulled up my entire contacts list without asking permission. There isn't even an option in settings.

    Is that normal? I thought iOS was built so apps had to get permission to access contacts.

    submitted by /u/OzymandiasTheVagrant
    [link] [comments]

    My Notifications are unresponsive to most touches. Grouped or single I can’t get them to open the corresponding app. Are there any fixes?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 02:09 PM PDT

    Can I create a Facetime link within iMessage?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 05:37 AM PDT

    People can tap a phone number within the text of an iMessage to prompt iOS to make a phone call to that number. Is there any way to include text or a link within an iMessage so someone can tap to initiate a Facetime call to someone?

    submitted by /u/-redd-
    [link] [comments]

    iOS camera apps

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 06:54 PM PDT

    I have been reading reviews on different camera apps over the past few days, which has me curious about the differences. Those of you more familiar with photography, are there really major differences (improvements) between photos captured from any of these apps and the stock one? I have purchased Camera+ 2 and can't really notice a difference, but I may not be using it right. I'm also considering trying out Halide, but I'd like to hear some opinions from more experienced users.

    submitted by /u/Sshaawnn
    [link] [comments]

    no sim card installed no service avaible problem.

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 05:27 AM PDT

    Hy there!

    Im using iPhone SE with the iOS 12.0 (16A366) version.

    Since yesterday my phones quite often says that I do not have service, this can be fixed by taking it to the airplane mode for a few minutes and switch back to normal. But it happens a lot of time. Also sometime its saying that i have no sim card inserted. I ve checkd my sim several times is it properly inserted or not.

    I also found out that i should checl for any updates to my carrier. But theres no updates avaible.

    Should I update my iOS to the latest version or is there any other methods that i shall try out?

    P.S.: sorry for my grammar mistakes.

    submitted by /u/oddbennk
    [link] [comments]

    Tip: In the Youtube app, you can pinch-in/out to enter/exit the full screen mode.

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 02:42 PM PDT

    Figured this out recently. Thought I'd share it here.

    submitted by /u/funnyheadd1
    [link] [comments]

    Why my iphone 7 giving me this internal reflection of bright light source ? I have wiped the lens many time it is still present . I have ios 12.0.1 so its also latest . Front facing and rear both have this problem

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 04:31 AM PDT

    deleting a contact

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 04:47 PM PDT

    May be a stupid question. But I'm trying to eliminate someone from my life. I deleted the contact. Deleted every text and phone call on my phone. Deleted it from iCloud. From instgagram, snapchat, facebook, everyplace I can think of. But when I swipe right and type the name it still shows up. How can I just 100% eliminate this person from my phone?

    submitted by /u/brokenman82
    [link] [comments]

    TIL: Export a mail message as PDF

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 03:51 AM PDT

    While it's pretty obvious to export a webpage as a PDF by simply clicking the Share button and choosing Create PDF, the same can't be said when trying to export a mail message as a PDF.

    Luckily, there is still a way:

    • While viewing a mail message, click the Reply button.
    • Click Print.
    • While in Print Preview mode, use the outward pinch-zoom gesture with two fingers on the preview of your mail message (as if you're trying to zoom into the image).
    • Now, you're looking at a generated PDF version of your email. Click the Share button and either Copy it into your clipboard, Save to Files, Mail it as a PDF attachment, or even Copy to Books.
    submitted by /u/beyondthetech
    [link] [comments]

    Did someone replace their battery recently on an Iphone 7?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 02:56 AM PDT

    I'm sending my iphone7 for a battery replacement to Apple, and wanted to know if there is some diference on ios 12 with a 100% battery life on this device. Mine is at 82% right now and have to charge in the middle of the day, i use it since 7 am.

    submitted by /u/aleoba14
    [link] [comments]

    App Switcher thumbnail graphical bug

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 02:35 AM PDT

    iOS Photos Documents & Data Question

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 07:55 PM PDT

    So I moved all of my photos to Google Photos and deleted all of my photos from my device to save 18 GB of storage (I disabled Backup & Sync in Google Photos and manually moved images to Google Photos on my PC, then deleted them from Apple's Photos app).

    Everything went as planned, Apple's Photo app is empty, the Recently Deleted folder is empty and has been for about a day, and when I go to the iCloud web app (another reason I switched) all of the photos were successfully deleted.

    However, when I check my phones storage, it says there's 18 GB of "Documents and Data." I've restarted the phone a few times as well but it still shows this storage is used.

    All of the photos in Google Photos are on the web and not on the device, it says on the iPhone Storage page that the storage is from Apple's Photos app, not Googles. Google Photos is only taking up 188 MB.

    How do I remove that 18 GB of data? I'm totally lost.

    Edit: spelling

    submitted by /u/nathanhelms
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to export RAW files from Photos?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 01:38 AM PDT

    Basically, I'm trying to understand if I can move my photo workflow to the iPad; what I'm currently trying is to import RAW files from the camera, I edit them in RAW photos, and I export the edited jpg; at this point I would like to offload the original RAW files somewhere else (e.g. Dropbox) and delete them from Photos, where I keep only the edited jpg; so far however I have only been able to export jpg from the raw files in the photos app;
    Is there a way to export raw files from photos? Preferably in bulk

    submitted by /u/goldarkrai
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to use Spark mail with GSuite accounts where IMAP access is blocked by employer?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 01:14 AM PDT

    Maybe the Google Authentication will be enough?

    submitted by /u/shayonpal
    [link] [comments]

    How to let Siri show me notes

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 12:37 AM PDT

    So I wrote a note. Now I want to tell Siri to show me that note on a specific date. But if I ask "Hey Siri, show me the note I just created on Monday at 9" she creates a notification for Monday, 9 o'clock, that reads "the note I just created". How do I tell her to open the last note I created?

    submitted by /u/Hankol
    [link] [comments]

    Retrieving data without iPhone

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 11:40 PM PDT

    Hey everyone! Recently my iPhone 7 got stolen and unfortunately I did not have Find My iPhone set up. Is there a way for me to view or upload all of my saved data to an older iPhone such as the 5? Or is there a way for me to view all of my contacts and notes from my computer? I had a lot of data on that phone and it is going to be very troublesome to get all of it back. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

    submitted by /u/LSX_Nation
    [link] [comments]

    How do I download a file/video/audio from safari? It just shows this vvv

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 12:29 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel