• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 14, 2018

    Apple Help New iPhone 7 keeps asking for passwords for Apple IDs that I’ve never seen before in my life.

    Apple Help New iPhone 7 keeps asking for passwords for Apple IDs that I’ve never seen before in my life.


    New iPhone 7 keeps asking for passwords for Apple IDs that I’ve never seen before in my life.

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 09:54 AM PDT

    So basically I got a new phone replacement and I logged in to my own original Apple ID. Now, every time I connect to a new WiFi/mobile data network, the phone asks me to sign in to 4 different Apple IDs that I've never seen before in my life. It's so annoying!

    I've tried wiping the phone, deleting all my apps and music, and resetting phone settings but nothing works. Spoken to Apple customer support and they were just... useless. Told me to go to an Apple Store but the next available appointment in my area is next week!

    Anyone know what to do?

    submitted by /u/intensedis
    [link] [comments]

    IPhone 6s IOS 12 screen problem

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 04:20 PM PDT

    I updated my iPhone 6s to IOS 12. I noticed a red spot in the top left corner of my screen during the update and it still can be seen on dark backgrounds. Anyone else have this problem?

    submitted by /u/itzmustafaa
    [link] [comments]

    I backed up my iPhone 7 on iCloud and all the photos I spent hours deleting showed up again!

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 09:58 PM PDT

    So earlier this week I decided to delete over 3000 pictures on my iPhone 7 to get rid of stuff I didn't need, save space, and easily find things I actually liked.

    Then today I spent hours trying to figure out iCloud because it said I didn't have enough space to back up my photos, so I deleted a few videos and that seemed to work. Then it took hours to actually back up.

    I didn't think too much of it until I took a look at my photos just a few minutes ago only to see that I now have 3,900 photos in my library, including the ones I spent hours deleting.

    How do I undo this? I'm furious because I spent so long deleting these so they'd be gone for good. I just wanted to back up the photos I wanted!

    submitted by /u/comradecostanza
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7 Plus not turning on after drop.

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 09:23 PM PDT

    Hi guys! I recently dropped my phone on its back. It had a chunky case on and has no visible damage from the outside, but no buttons would respond and the screen was completely black. I tried calling it and there was no sound or vibration. Immediately following the drop, my phone got really hot. I kept a cold water bottle on the back of it while I tried plugging it into iTunes to do a backup just in case, but when I plugged it in, it was already in Recovery Mode. It said that I needed to restore my iPhone to factory settings to continue using it, and I clicked that while I kept a cold water bottle on it, because it was really hot without it, so it didn't overheat. About halfway through it extracting the download, my iPhone went cold and iTunes stopped recognizing my phone. I'm trying to narrow down the possibilities of what could be wrong and what was damaged in the fall. The Model is A1784. The FCC ID is BCG-E3092A. The IC is 579C-E3092A. Any help is really appreciated. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/roseserum
    [link] [comments]

    Factory Reset late 2012 iMac - "Recovery Servers Could Not Be Contacted"

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 02:56 PM PDT

    Hi there,

    I bought a computer from work and I'm trying to wipe it all and factory reset it. I don't have access to the admin account.

    I've gotten through the steps so far, but I am getting that error when I try to reinstall High Sierra.

    Similar to the issue in this question. Except the solutions of entering stuff into Terminal don't work. Any other suggestions?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/bpobnnn
    [link] [comments]

    Using a Bluetooth Dongle instead of the built in card on a MacBook Pro 15 mid 2012

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 04:21 PM PDT

    I just changed my upper case that was damaged by split coffee by a used part I bought but I realized later that the Bluetooth antenna (soldered to the case) is broken at the connector end.

    Is it possible to use an independent Bluetooth dongle found on amazon and use it on my MBP ? Will there be conflict between the two cards ? Is there a way to disable the onboard Bluetooth ?

    Thanks for your help !

    submitted by /u/RobinThomass
    [link] [comments]

    Missing logos (wifi, sound, apple, finder, etc..)

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 08:00 PM PDT

    OS X Yosemite

    Version 10.10.5

    Macbook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011)

    Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5

    First, I noticed the icons on the top of the screen were missing

    https://imgur.com/a/aNVyhnV

    and the volume adjustment icon

    https://imgur.com/a/0ZtTBwu

    After,

    For some reason I deleted the com.apple.systemuiserver.plist" file.

    I deleted the file by doing this: Finder "Go" menu hold the option key to choose "Library". Then go to the Preferences folder and find and delete com.apple.systemuiserver.plist

    Can someone help bring back my icons? and should I be concerned?

    submitted by /u/calvin710
    [link] [comments]

    Why can I not use flash in timelapse? (IPhone)

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 03:08 PM PDT

    I need to have the flash on while using my time lapse. I see absolutely no reason why this is disabled, especially considering that it works perfectly fine on normal video and slo-mo.

    Edit: so now to fix the problem that shouldn't even exist, I have to hook up a flashlight with a piece of paper over it to diffuse the light, and zip-tie it next to my phone. +now I'm using those annoying ass flashlight batteries instead of a rechargeable phone battery. Sorry this is more of a rant than anything else, I'm just incredibly frustrated at this seemingly pointless design flaw.

    submitted by /u/Stewart176
    [link] [comments]

    2nd gen AppleTV audio/video lag source?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 06:52 PM PDT

    When I stream video to my old AppleTV, it plays fine for a little while, then every few minutes, the video and audio go out of sync, then after a few seconds, sync up again, and this happens continuously.

    Is this problem a function of using an old 2nd AppleTV or something else?

    If I upgrade to the AppleTV 4K this will still happen?

    Any insight is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/yyiiii
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone Photo format

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 02:19 PM PDT

    From memory in sure I used to transfer iPhone photos to the cloud so I could store them on my MacBook in order to upload to sites like eBay.

    However recently I've noticed the file format is something I've not seen before H-something and no website accepts them

    What's going on?

    submitted by /u/fatboyslick
    [link] [comments]

    BUG: iOS12 - Screentime is not working correctly (photos)

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 01:40 PM PDT

    Here's my last 2 weeks of usage:

    https://imgur.com/gallery/caFxmRO

    submitted by /u/wozmatic
    [link] [comments]

    Hey everyone! I am just not understanding why I cant just back up my contacts to icloud. Contacts only.

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 04:40 PM PDT

    I really want my contacts list to be safe so was thinking of uploading them to the 5 free gigs you get with an icloud account. I seem to missing something because I turned everything off but Contacts and it still says there is not enough space. Anyone know whats going on or another way to back them u?

    I have an iphone 6 60 gig. Not able to back up to the computer as I get an error towards the end. Would anyone recommend buying more storage and doing it that way.

    Ultimately I am upgrading to a new xs max so possibly going to need to do the ful back up to the cloud anyway.

    Thanks for reading.

    submitted by /u/Shorttee
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro is not recognizing my SD card...

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 04:36 PM PDT

    Hey macOS reddit, I have a challenge for anyone willing to take it on.

    Im currently having trouble accessing the files on my 128GB storage expansion SD card I bought a few years back. Up until today, I've had no trouble accessing the SD card. Today, the SD card does not show up in Finder or Disk Utility when I access it from my desktop. However, when I access Disk Utility from the macOS Recovery mode (by holding Command + R on start up) I can see the SD card there (it shows that the SD card is mounted). Then when I restart the OS and return to my desktop, I still can't see the SD card in Finder and it still does not appear in Disk Utility.

    I don't understand how my SD card would appear in Disk Utility when I access it in macOS Recovery mode but the SD card does not appear in Disk Utility when I access it from my desktop.

    Here is a list of things I've done to try and solve the issue: Restarted computer (multiple times) NVRAM Reset (Option+Command+P+R) SMC Reset (Shift+Control+Option+Power)

    Any support or theories would be helpful. ALL of my school files are on that SD card.

    submitted by /u/ClockwiseBacon
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get rid of all these duplicate suggestions in settings search

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 02:48 PM PDT

    iPhone- Can't update to 12 | SIM card not recognized?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 02:16 PM PDT

    Hey there,

    I actually have two significant problems, I have no idea if they are related.

    Issue #1 | I cannot update my iPhone 7 to IOS 12.

    • I am on version 11.3.1
    • When I try to install I get the error "Cannot verify because you are no longer connected to the internet"
      • (I am definitely connected to the internet)

    Issue #2 | It seems like my iPhone is not recognizing my SIM card?

    • iPhone says either "searching" or "no service"
    • People around me with the same provider do have service
    • Provider has confirmed "everything looks fine on their end"

    Troubleshooting | What I've already tried

    • Restarting iPhone (doh)
    • Refreshing iPhone
    • Deleting update to re-download/install
    • Tried using different WiFi sources
    • Restarted Network Settings
    • I've tried using another SIM card in my unlocked phone, no dice...
    • The iPhone doesn't even say "NO SIM' or anything when I take it out.

    Any troubleshooting ideas?

    submitted by /u/PotentiallyMike
    [link] [comments]

    Youtube not autoplaying

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 07:43 AM PDT

    Hi. So I usually use chrome but decided to switch to Safari. This is on my 2013 MacBook Pro.

    So, I'm trying to let the Youtube playlist autoplay. It's fine if I'm on the tab. But when I'm on a different tab, it stops after the song ends. Then I'll have to click on the youtube tab and then it plays the next song. But again, after it ends, it automatically stops. I already tried the "preferences>website>autoplay" but that doesn't solve the problem.

    Please help. Thanks

    submitted by /u/PikaPunkd
    [link] [comments]

    So i got this popup from itunes saying that my library is damaged. When i finally got the app to open there was a �� sign when i try to adjust the volume and play music

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 01:53 AM PDT

    It started when i clicked eject on my external hard drive. It said "cannot eject because one or more applications is using it" i force quit everything and it still said the same thing. I thought "forget it, lets just go back to itunes" and then I got the "damaged memo". After a safe mode restart i could finally get into the app and see my songs but they won't play. What the heck just happened and how do i fix it?

    submitted by /u/macks10
    [link] [comments]

    Suddenly I can’t log into my computer.

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 07:27 AM PDT

    My macbook air (2013) died at 47% battery capacity, which is dumb, but fair enough. However, after the bootup the password I had for five years straight up does not work.

    I tried changing it with my Apple ID. Didn't help. Also the tooltip told me to use a password with no combination keys, so thanks for that layer of security.

    I tried changing it with recovery mode, too. To do that, I had to input the new password - it worked on filevault but not on the login screen. Anyway, the new-new password doesn't work either.

    The hell do I do? All the tech sites for cool guys tell me to reformat and reinstall my OS which is a ridiculous advice because I'm not mentally prepared to set up my computer up from literall nothing after five years

    submitted by /u/FoucaultInOurSartres
    [link] [comments]

    Zip to App

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 11:09 AM PDT

    I've downloaded an app from a 3rd party but it comes as a Zip file. When I try to extract it, the file makes a folder, instead of a .app. How do I make it into a .app?

    submitted by /u/Llamalover1234567
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes - Smart Playlist for movies I started watching but haven't finished yet

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 10:59 AM PDT

    Stuck on approve this iPhone

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 10:52 AM PDT

    I'm unable to approve my iphone from another device so I'm always stuck on the waiting screen. I've looked at my two-factor identification but I'm unable to disable it. I also looked at my keychain access and it's already off. I tried to turn it back on but it brings me back to the iphone approval prompts. Any help or fix?

    iPhone SE, iOS 12.0

    submitted by /u/theseance
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone XS Photos taking up a small amount of storage space after iCloud Backup

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 09:59 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I recently switched from an X to an XS as part of the iPhone Upgrade Program. I'm getting ready to send my X back and I noticed something weird with my photo storage. For context, I have a LOT of photos/videos stored on my Phone (around 18,000). But when I check the storage info on my phones, my Photos are only taking up a small amount of data (3.65 on my XS, 7.02 on my X - which is also weird because they both have the same amount of files). Does anyone know what may be causing this to register? Typically these would take over 50+ GB alone. My XS is on iOS 12 and my X is on iOS 11 if that helps. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/TemurTron
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes WiFi Sync through VPN

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 09:54 AM PDT

    I've set up iTunes WiFi Sync between my computer and iPhone. Everything works just fine. I've also setup VPN connectivity from my iPhone to my home network, and all my services are accessible (file server etc).

    The problem is that even though I can access my network resources while connected through VPN, iTunes WiFi Sync is not working. It's like there's no connectivity between my iPhone and the computer running iTunes. But only through VPN. When I'm on local WiFi, iTunes WiFi Sync is just fine.

    Any way to resolve this?

    submitted by /u/aristosv
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 5s LCD screen issue.

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 09:39 AM PDT

    Hello, two days ago my lcd screen started to be unresposive and only way to fix this was to lock the phone and unlock it again. As the day went on, it was worse and worse and vertical (RGB) lines added to the unresponsiveness. I opened the Iphone, cleaned up the LCD connectors and it still wasn't working. I am kind of lost because to the first 10 seconds LCD is working normally, but after that, vertical lines start to show up and touch doesn't work anymore. What can be the problem? Thanks for any help.

    submitted by /u/danikr
    [link] [comments]

    MBA 2015 won't start (charging led, but no startup chime)

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 09:36 AM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    I just wanted to use my MBA (13", early 2015) but I can't get it to boot up. No drop, water damage etc is possible, I barely currently use it and I'm very cautious with it. The charging led is working (currently orange), but when I press the power button, nothing happens, not even the startup sound. It worked perfectly fine the last time I used it (last weekend). I already tried an smc-reset and keeping the power button pressed for 10 seconds. Do you have any ideas what I can do next? I'm from germany and bought it september 2015, so I'm out of warranty. Thanks for your help!

    Edit: I left it on the charger the whole night, but the LED stays orange, so it seems to me that it's maybe the battery.

    submitted by /u/ktops
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel