• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 16, 2018

    Apple Help iPad says “storage full”. Settings say 9.2 of 16GB used

    Apple Help iPad says “storage full”. Settings say 9.2 of 16GB used


    iPad says “storage full”. Settings say 9.2 of 16GB used

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 03:59 PM PDT

    I've been getting the notification now for a few months saying that my storage is full. When I go to "settings", it shows 9.2GB free of 16GB. Everything I've tried has not been successful in an attempt to free up any more storage. I've tried to remove apps, change iMessage to only keep messages for 30 days, I've even restored the iPad via my MBP. Screenshot of "settings".

    Is there anything else I could try?

    edit: I am able to update currently installed apps and have been able to install new apps without any problem.

    submitted by /u/prbecker
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook pro will not see hard drive or restore

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 08:50 PM PDT

    Hi guys. I recieved an old Macbook Pro (late 2013 model) to use from a friend. I have been trying to install the firmware on it for two days and I've had no success at all yet. I'm utterly lost right now as to what to try next and I'm hoping y'all can help me. Here is everything in detail from before I got it till now:

    -The previous owner was on High Sierra, the last version of it before Mojave. I. believe it is 10.13.6 or so.

    -He restored the Macbook through restarting, cmd+R and using disk utility. He said he selected the Macbook Journal option and APSF option as well in the disk utility option. He could not un-select APSF apparently.

    -He mentioned the whole process literally took 3 minutes to wipe and restore which has me puzzled because I assume it would take an hour or two to wipe

    -When you power on the Macbook on its own I am presented with a folder with a question mark in the middle and I cannot do anything. it just flashes till i power it off.

    -I have entered the internet recovery mode and tried to install the OS. I am presented with the option to Install OS X Mountain Lion 10.8, however the hard drive will not show up at all. The only thing I can press is the back button. If I do not press anything, the utility just goes back to the home screen. When I insert a USB stick it gives me the option to install the OS on the USB stick. It does not seem to recognize the hard drive at all.

    -When I enter disk utility, there are two options i am presented with: disk0 and Mac OS X Base System right under disk0. Here are the images of them: https://imgur.com/a/LUGjSMy

    -I cannot select the restore, erase, partition options on them. The only things I can click are verify disk under first aid (I cannot repair), new image and convert under disk0, and the restore option for both.

    - I've clicked verify disk for the OS X base system and it says it is working fine.

    -I have tried several terminal commands to completely wipe the hard drive and it won't let me do it or they haven't worked. I am not too skilled with Terminal either I may have messed some commands up so please suggest me all to try.

    The big thing that I have tried so far today was to install the mountain lion OS on my 16GB flash drive and upgrade in increments through that to get back up to High Sierra. The thing was moving astronomically slow obviously and when I eventually go to that point today, it still would not let me install to the hard drive. It still does not recognize it or see it.

    I am lost as to what to do next. The freaking thing was working flawlessly before it was restored. I think I am just missing something obvious here. I am sorry for the wall of text btw but if there is more information that you guys need please let me know and I'll respond ASAP. Thanks again.

    submitted by /u/turtleman312
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone Voice Memo App doesn't save some of my recorded memos

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 04:44 PM PDT

    I have an iPhone X with IOS 12 (the newest IOS) and I've been having saving issues from time to time. Basically, I would record something (I always check to see if it is actually recording) and once I click done, it just disappears and it isn't in the Voice Memo app. What's even weirder is that when I try searching on the home screen (that one where you swipe down to type on the search box) it shows the recording I did with the correct voice memo name but it doesn't show up on the Voice Memo app. I've tried google searching this problem and this person has the exact same issue with me.

    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8542489

    Has anybody had a similar experience? Also, any possible solution to this problem would be highly appreciated. Thank you very much!

    submitted by /u/supahmaaaan
    [link] [comments]

    Manually added Audiobooks dont sync on IOS12?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 12:36 PM PDT

    Ive got some DRM free audiobooks in my iTunes that I've purchased from other sources. When they're moved into the Audiobook section of iTunes, they don't seem to auto-sync on IOS to the Books app under the Audiobooks category, or anywhere in the Music app. The only way I can sync my audiobooks to the cloud is by putting them back into the Music category and letting iTunes match do its thing. Id rather not do a manual iTunes sync as it can get pretty tedious. Is there another way to handle this?

    submitted by /u/buvmarks
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrade my MacBook Pro Retina?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 02:32 PM PDT

    Hello

    I have a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013). It has a 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5 with 8gb of ram.

    I would like to upgrade to a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, 2018)

    Is it worth the Upgrade? I can get around £500 for my current MacBook. The new 15-inch model costs £2114.40 with educational discount.

    Thanks for any help!

    submitted by /u/Stumble19
    [link] [comments]

    My "u" key is broken on my Magic Keyboard

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 10:03 PM PDT

    I used a baby wipe to clean my magic keyboard of about a year and a half (i.e, warranty expired), only to find out thirty minutes after that some keys were malfunctioning (namely, the space bar would type a j before the space, and 7 would type a 7 then resort to typing -, and u just straight up wouldn't work). Anyway, so I immediately disconnected it and let it dry under a fan in the sun for like, I don't know, maybe 20 hours. All the problems seem to went away EXCEPT for the u key not working. I popped off the keycap and let it sit under the fan some more, but it doesn't seem to have helped after about 4 hours. Is there anything I can do now or is it just toast?

    submitted by /u/Chuck67322
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Bootcamp automatically restarts in macOS the next morning I wake up when I put my MacBook to sleep in Windows 10 last night. How to keep this from happening?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 01:16 PM PDT

    When I put my MacBook to sleep (in Windows 10) for just a few min and wake it up, it would still be in Windows. But that is not the case whenever I leave it sleeping for a long time and when I wake it up, it reboots in macOS.

    submitted by /u/Electrizendo
    [link] [comments]

    Does the 13" MBP 2018 get loud when running an external screen?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 02:24 PM PDT

    I'm almost ready to order the new 13" MBP 2018, now that it finally comes with a quad-core CPU.

    My only remaining question is this: When at the office, I'm always running a 4K external Dell screen in addition to the MBP screen. I'm rendering that screen at 2560x1440 HiDPI which is basically 5120x2880, before it gets downscaled to 4K for display on the 4K Dell screen.

    My current late-2013 15" MBP is always using the dGPU when I connect an external screen, but it's NOT making any fan-related noise if I'm just using the laptop to browse the web and do other easy tasks.

    Is the new 13" MBP 2018 also silent when running an external 4K screen if you're not doing anything demanding? Or is running an external 4K screen demanding enough for the integrated GPU that it needs to run the fans non-stop?

    Thank you so much in advance!

    submitted by /u/dunker
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 5s constant reboot

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 02:22 PM PDT

    So i recently replaced the battery in my 5s and I was calibrating the battery and it shut down but now won't fully boot. It'll show the Apple logo and shut off and won't cut back on unless I hold the power button or plug it in. I already tried the original oem battery and it still does the same thing and I also charged the oem battery in a different phone and it still does the same thing.

    I'm really not sure what else to do

    submitted by /u/_rslash_
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro 2016 Electric Shocks

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 01:59 PM PDT

    While I'm sure many people in this sub have experienced the "tingle" of a charging macbook. Today I experienced an actual electric shock from my Macbook Pro Late 2016 15". This happened when I rested my hand onto the palm rest while my knee was touching a metal table leg (which was properly earthed), the resulting shock was enough to cause muscle contractions in both my arm and leg as well as leaving that fresh iron taste in my mouth. This was then reproduced with a second charger, in a different building. I am in the UK using the supplied apple charger. Although I professionally repair devices including laptops, I'm lost at what could be wrong here, and as per usual Apple support are being extremely slow to help. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get them to sort this?

    submitted by /u/Hazteq
    [link] [comments]

    Ipod touch 4th gen won't download legacy Netflix from app store

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 03:16 PM PDT

    Alright I know this is a really old device and its not supported anymore but I use it watch Netflix with my portable projector because I have the cable for it. I dug the ipod and projector out from my closet yesterday and tested it out. Netflix was on it and it worked normally but the ipod itself was very laggy so I updated it to 6.1.6.

    During the update it went into recovery mode so I had to set it back to factory settings and lost everything that was on it ( was really only Netflix and a few pictures) but now that it's running 6.1.6 I can't re-download Netflix from the app store. I've tried it off of a search and also from my updates>purchases>not on this ipod but every time it tells me "This app is incompatible with this iPhone" and doesn't give me the option to download an older version like it did before. Other apps that i've tried to download the same way do but for some reason Netflix doesn't.

    I've been trying to figure this out since yesterday but every answer I can find just says to do what I did in the appstore but I can't get to work. I'd really like to figure this out because my other options are to spend $30 on another cable for my s8 or lug around a laptop with me. If anyone has any kind of ideas let me know, thanks for reading.

    submitted by /u/bolokay
    [link] [comments]

    Lost my copy of an old, small site. Found it at internet archives. Can I download the site from there? How?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 05:18 PM PDT

    Is there a simple way to do so? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/dressage
    [link] [comments]

    Media Keys Quit Working

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 04:52 PM PDT

    I have a 2017 12" MacBook running 10.14 and my media keys quit working. All the other keys such as keyboard backlight and volume work fine, just not the play/pause, skip forward/back.

    I did some research and some posts suggested it was Chrome interfering but I couldn't find any way to resolve it. It's getting pretty annoying and was wondering if anyone knows what's going on.

    submitted by /u/MalfeasantMarmot
    [link] [comments]

    Computer help questions

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 08:13 PM PDT

    I have recently come in possession of an iMac A1418 through my uncle who passed away. I'm charged with checking it for any valuable/personal information and preparing it to sell, despite me having no Mac experience. :)

    When I got it up and running, it pops up a message that it cannot find the keyboard. It appears to be wireless like the mouse and I tried the switch on the back of the keyboard, both green and blank but it just keeps searching and never finding. The box came with only one cable, for power. The mouse works fine.

    Second, if I get that fixed, I'll be stuck on the password entry. Is there a way to bypass this? I can try a few guesses but that's unrealistic. Would I be able to contact Apple for help in that regard? I'd like to be able to look at files since he was researching family history and there may be useful data on that (or other things) but I understand that might not be acceptable for Apple. I can provide an obit that matches the login name if that would be needed. If all they'll let me do is a factory reset, how would I go about that with no discs?

    Thanks in advance and sorry if these questions are beyond stupid.

    Kevin

    submitted by /u/KevinMKTZ
    [link] [comments]

    how do i make an install disk without diskmaker x?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 04:24 PM PDT

    i downloaded mountain lion installer from dosdude1, and do i need to put it on a dvdr to run it??? if so, since diskmaker x is not available for snow leopard, do i just use finder?

    submitted by /u/newLifeInternet
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro ~ White Screen

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 04:09 PM PDT

    Macbook Pro fell and cracked display corner, see here. Now displaying white screen.

    I use this machine to make a living. Any thoughts before taking it into the shop are sincerely appreciated.

    {Note: The motherboard is new as I had it replaced earlier this year.}

    submitted by /u/-valleyofthewind-
    [link] [comments]

    Two step identification problem

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 12:20 PM PDT

    I have the iPhone X, A 2017 MBP, and Apple TV 4k. I keep getting asked to do two step identification on all of them. First I'm asked for my Apple ID password then I'm asked for my login then it asks me to find another device that's already logged into the cloud to verify who I am. But all my devices are asking the same thing. I don't know what spurred this all the sudden but if the MacBook and phone are both asking I don't have any other means to verify. What can I do?

    submitted by /u/ElBigBad
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Music not syncing between devices

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 03:55 PM PDT

    This problem has only recently started happening within the past 2 months. If I add music to my library from my iPhone it won't show up on my iPad in recently added, but if I add music from my iPad it immediately shows up on my iPhone on recently added. Any ideas on how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/idklol37
    [link] [comments]

    Mom's iPhone contacts disappeared

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 03:34 PM PDT

    Today I came home and my mom handed me her iPhone saying "something happened." The main issue is that her contacts are gone from her iPhone.

    While the main issue is that her contacts have disappeared the phone also seems to have forgotten many of the system settings or app settings. When I went to look at the phone, it forgot the home's wifi password so I had to enter that in, when you open her social media apps it's asking her to sign back in (but it remembers the account previously sign in with), when I opened Google Photos I had to sign back into her Gmail again. So maybe that's a hint as to what could have happened? Otherwise actual data hasn't been deleted off her phone, all her photos are there and all her installed apps are there. I just can't seem to get her contacts back.

    She's not the most tech savvy person so she isn't able to tell what she did with her iPhone that led to this. All she can vaguely mention is "iCloud backup" (Her iCloud has been full for months now) and "setup something". Because she can't give me much info I have little idea on what to do. I checked her accounts on the phone and she has her iCloud account setup and a personal email account setup, I enabled syncing contacts from both those accounts both neither recovered her contacts. The contacts might have been locally stored... but where could they have disappeared?

    submitted by /u/ChadFromBaruch
    [link] [comments]

    Time Machine or System Image?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 09:36 AM PDT

    I'm looking to "backup" my PC in the event that I get a virus in the future. Should I use Time Machine or is there something else that accomplishes this, like a system image file?

    In Windows, I have the option to create a System Image. This is different from Backup and I'm not sure if that is the case for Mac OS as well.

    What I'm looking for is a way to reinstall my OS with all of my files exactly as they appear now.

    When I search YouTube, I don't see many instructionals on a system image for Mac OS. I do see many instructionals on Time Machine and creating a USB bootable drive.

    Thanks.

    Edit: Solved.

    submitted by /u/RogerSmithII
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud photo cellular data turned itself on

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 01:19 PM PDT

    So my data plan reset 3 days ago, and I went and filmed a bunch of 4K 60fps videos on my iPhone X. Today I got a notification from my provider that I used 10gb of data already in my monthly plan!!!

    Turns out my iCloud photos had "cellular data" turned on and uploaded everything to iCloud. Even tho I for sure turned this option off last month as I had a similar issue happen (tho not this bad).

    What is the likelihood of Apple helping me out here? The only thing I can think of is I updated phone recently and maybe that option is on by default when I update? But this has totally screwed me now.

    submitted by /u/dsquareddan
    [link] [comments]

    YouTube and Facebook won’t upload if screen is off.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 07:14 PM PDT

    I have both apps to work with background refresh but the second my screen turns off the apps stop uploading. It is incredibly annoying because when the upload stops, I have to Reynolds's the entire thing and I have terrible internet.

    submitted by /u/Arcuit
    [link] [comments]

    Late 2016 MBP (touchbar) keeps restarting

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 06:03 PM PDT

    I updated to Mojave and since then every time I use my computer and then leave and it goes to sleep when I come back to it, I get a message telling me to login because the computer restarted and this continually happens under the same circumstances. Is this a bug that is known? Any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Matt13n33
    [link] [comments]

    Need to replace screen on mid-2014 MBP w/ Retina.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 12:03 PM PDT

    Family #: A1398

    What are my best options here? I've found a repair shop who can do the installation for $65. They'll take care of everything (new clamshell purchase w/ 1 year warranty and installation) for just under $500.

    Are there any replacement screens for under $400? What do ya'll thing?

    submitted by /u/DrShitbird
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud issue

    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 11:51 AM PDT

    Any help on the following two iCloud problems would be appreciated:

    (1) I use iCal across my iPhone and Mac. At work, I have a PC so I have to access my calendar on the iCloud.com website. Last week, one of my calendars just disappeared from the iCloud.com website. The calendar is (fortunately) still accessible and modifiable on my iPhone and my Mac and changes on one still synchronize across the other. So it doesn't appear there is a problem with the cloud per se. Rather, the issue seems limited to when I access iCal via iCloud.com. Note that I've tried clearing cookies and caches, using different web browsers and even different computers and the issue persists regardless.

    (2) I have numerous repeating calendar entries (e.g., standing conference calls at work, daily notes to go the gym, etc.). Sometimes I modify a specific event in a repeating sequence (e.g., if the standing conference call switches to a new time). In some cases, when I modify a specific instance of a repeating event, the change is made and there are no problems. In other cases, shortly after modifying the reoccurring event, the original event reappears automatically and overwrites the change. This occurs at random and across multiple different calendars and events, and it does not appear to matter whether the I made the change via my iCal on my iPhone, iCal on my Mac, or iCal via the iCloud.com website on a normal browsers. Any assistance on addressing this issue would be appreciated!!

    submitted by /u/casperhannibal
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel