• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 16, 2018

    Apple Daily Tech Support Thread [October 15]

    Apple Daily Tech Support Thread [October 15]


    Daily Tech Support Thread [October 15]

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 08:14 AM PDT

    Welcome to the daily Tech Support thread for /r/Apple.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. On mobile? Here is a screenshot with our rules.

    Join our Discord and IRC chat rooms for support:

    Discord

    IRC

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience

    Here is an archive of all previous "Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Apple fixes its new bagel emoji with cream cheese and a doughier consistency

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 06:26 PM PDT

    Adobe announces full Photoshop CC for iPad shipping 2019, syncs with desktop

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 06:03 AM PDT

    When is Apple Music going to give us an option to play all of the music we have clicked love ❤️ on? Is that too much to ask for Apple?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 01:16 PM PDT

    Why are you allowing Pandora to have this option but not you? When are you going to start listening to your customers?

    submitted by /u/kirpal777
    [link] [comments]

    Apple is donating 1,000 watches for a new study to track binge eating

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 09:08 AM PDT

    TIL you can crash 7-11's registers with Apple Pay!

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 06:06 AM PDT

    Quick story, I had a bit of a laugh this morning in 7-11. I used my debit card through Apple Pay, typed the wrong pin code and locked up the register. I had to move down to the next register and same thing, register completely frozen. It wasn't until the line became ridiculously long that I realized I was typing the pin code for Apple Pay Cash and not my debit card. Was totally embarrassed. One of the employees jokingly (at least I hope he was joking) accused me of having a virus on my phone. Good times.

    submitted by /u/encryptonaut
    [link] [comments]

    Kuo: Apple to Maintain Same iPhone Mix in 2019 With 5.8 and 6.5-Inch OLED iPhones, 6.1-Inch LCD

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 10:53 AM PDT

    2 Reasons Apple's In-House Chip Efforts Are a Huge Asset

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 01:34 PM PDT

    Jony Ive talks smartphone addiction, design, and more in interview, says it’s impossible to ‘predict all the consequences’

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 11:24 AM PDT

    Apple Pay saved my ass today

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 08:37 AM PDT

    Thank god for apple pay. I forgot my wallet today and had already filled my basket with groceries, luckily I had set up Apple Pay on my iPhone about a year ago but never got around to using it. It's actually even easier to use than a debit card to I might start using it instead!

    submitted by /u/cameroncafe10a
    [link] [comments]

    It's October 15th. Are we still expecting a Mac event this month?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 05:23 AM PDT

    I was just wondering if anyone knows where the rumor mill is at right now. The general expectation was that there was going to be a Mac event in October. However, with them month being halfway gone, is that still likely? I really need a new Mac mini to roll out.

    submitted by /u/IngsocInnerParty
    [link] [comments]

    My experience "repairing" my MacBook Pro.

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 04:48 PM PDT

    So I just wanted to share some recent experience I had with getting a MacBook Pro fixed which had a non-working display. I brought it to Apple they did a diagnostic and told me there was water damage as per the red dot indicator near the charging port.

    They said the screen and logic board would most likely need to be changed and that for the price of the repair it would make sense to just buy a new one. The thing was I didn't remember ever splashing/spilling water on the laptop, they did show me the red dots so I was disappointed but was not doubting what they told me...yet.

    A couple days later I was watching a video about a wonderful investigation done on Apple and their repair practices. The undercover journalist had the exact same issue as me and they told him the exact same line, that there was water damage and that it would cost too much to repair. The journalist then brought it to Louis Rossman, who proceeded to fix the issue in a few minutes, which was just some bent pins on the display cable.

    So seeing this I tried a similiar thing opened it up cleaned a bit around the display pins and boom the display turned on, and the system is working fine....I was honestly shocked, I literally used a tooth pick to fix it.

    Source for the investigation: https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1339717187772

    submitted by /u/Ginelli
    [link] [comments]

    Brazilian iPhone owners woke up 1 hour earlier today

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 08:41 AM PDT

    Basically, a failure involving iPhone and local carrier TIM has made iPhone owners wake up 1 hour earlier today.

    That's because the smartphone adjusted automatically for daylight saving time, but that year the start of the DST was postponed to November due to the second round of presidential elections and the National High School Exam.

    A small fraction of Android users was affected, but problem hit mainly iPhone users.

    A source, in PT_BR:

    https://www.techtudo.com.br/google/amp/noticias/2018/10/brasileiros-reclamam-de-horario-de-verao-antecipado-no-iphone-e-android.ghtml

    submitted by /u/afmachado
    [link] [comments]

    The annoying thing about annoying an 8 plus and an iPad

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 06:11 PM PDT

    I own an 8 plus and a 10.5 inch iPad Pro but I believe this applies to anyone who owns an iPhone below the X and owns and iPad.

    It drives me nuts that control center is at the top right on my iPad but at the bottom on my iPhone. I constantly find myself swiping the wrong part of the screen due to conflicting muscle memory.

    Is Apple purposely withholding this feature from people who didn't buy the latest and greatest iPhone? I would settle for a toggle to put it on the bottom of the iPad just so long as the two were consistent.

    Edit: meant to say owning* in the title

    submitted by /u/Koh_Phi_Phi
    [link] [comments]

    In the last month, I have completely changed my mind about Apple.

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 11:11 PM PDT

    After owning a few Apple products here and there I feel like I used to be as much of an Apple fan as anyone else. They were cool but I wasn't really married to the ecosystem. I had purchased a Mac Mini in late 2014 and it had served me okay-ish for the time that I've had it but it all changed when I made two purchased this month. The first was when I switched to Metro by T-Mobile and received a free iPhone SE. I immediately updated it to iOS 12 and the performance of a 2 year old device on a brand new OS is was astounding. It was and still is snappy and performs well. I love this little phone I don't ever plan on swapping it out. The 2nd was an SSD upgrade for my Mac Mini. The thing was dead slow. It took forever to boot up, open apps (if they opened at all) and generally was a horror to get anything done. I went down to Fry's and got a small SSD and an USB 3.0 enclosure and installed Mojave on it and this thing GOES. It boots quickly, it launches apps quickly, it's like I bought a brand new computer. I know this seems pretty straight forward to most people. "REDDITOR BUYS PHONE THAT WORKS AND UPGRADES FROM SHITTY 5400 HDD AND IS AMAZED" but I just have more pride and happiness in these things I own now. I want to use them and create with them and I love Apple for that.

    submitted by /u/gntrr
    [link] [comments]

    Apple releases iOS 12.1 Developer Beta 4

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 10:05 AM PDT

    Hacking around with JavaScript and Shortcuts in iOS 12

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 04:25 AM PDT

    Pre-ordering iPhone XR? Upgrade Program pre-approval for fast checkout starts today

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 06:55 AM PDT

    Wouldn’t it be cool to have all your devices in this widget? Like your iPad and MacBook.

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 05:16 AM PDT

    Widget The battery status is already in the find my iPhone app, so it is possible.

    submitted by /u/hiddecollee
    [link] [comments]

    Exploring Custom watchOS Watch Faces - David Smith

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 08:40 AM PDT

    The new and improved MacBook keyboards have the same old problems

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 01:32 PM PDT

    Does anyone know of a case like the Pixel 3 for iPhone Xs Max?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 12:33 PM PDT

    Anyone seen a fabric case similar to the Google Pixel 3 fabric cases but for true Xs Max? Especially love the coloured button https://i.imgur.com/TIwXq6B.jpg

    submitted by /u/captainsnowballz
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone feel like Google’s intentions feel wrong?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 01:41 PM PDT

    Not sure if it's just me but after the tweets from the ex-googler working on Google+ came out, I'm absolutely sure I don't want anything to do with Android and Google as a whole.

    Their intentions seem wrong. There's no desire to perfect anything, there feels like a lack of clear intentions.

    With Apple, I could possibly shoot a email to Tim about something, and if it deserves a reply, someone from his team would reply on his behalf. (I have no illusions that it is not him replying all the time, of course). With Apple Watch, Apple just seems to revealing themself to be this company with a heart beat. Little features from sending the heartbeat to fall detection seems like the humanistic path to take. Even Live Photos seems like a feature that a parents at Apple would create.

    That's my current hot take right now.

    submitted by /u/leo-g
    [link] [comments]

    Deprecation of Legacy TLS 1.0 and 1.1 Versions

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 10:22 AM PDT

    What developers say Apple needs to do to make the Apple TV a gaming console

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 03:55 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel