• Breaking News

    Friday, August 13, 2021

    Apple TV Weekly "What are you watching on your Apple TV" discussion

    Apple TV Weekly "What are you watching on your Apple TV" discussion


    Weekly "What are you watching on your Apple TV" discussion

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 08:00 AM PDT

    Anything you view or consume media wise is fair game

    submitted by /u/redditisnowtwitter
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Blue and Light Gold anodized Apple TV Remote for me and a client.

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 09:27 AM PDT

    Watching past seasons on History Channel

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 03:56 AM PDT

    Can we only watch the current season listed?

    submitted by /u/Mahdrek
    [link] [comments]

    Inside HBO Max’s Scramble to Fix Its Glitchy App

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 03:02 PM PDT

    Can't control HomePod volume via eARC any more.

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 04:17 AM PDT

    My Apple TV 4K (2021) is connected to the eARC HDMI port on my LG TV. I set the TV to output sound via eARC and set my HomePod pair to the default speakers on the ATV.

    Everything was working fine until yesterday, when the electrician powered off my entire flat multiple times. Now sound is coming out of the HomePods, but I can't control the volume of them with the TV remote any more.

    Powering off everything obviously is not a solution so I set back everything as it was before I had an eARC TV, then told the ATV to use my HomePods as default, then activated eARC which then activated eARC on the TV automatically. Still the same problem :-/ What could I try next?

    submitted by /u/nameage
    [link] [comments]

    HomePod stereo pair not working properly on Apple TV 4K

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 04:04 AM PDT

    I've set up my HomePods for a stereo pair but in the default audio option in the Apple TV settings I'm getting a duplicate of the pair. Neither of them work, it's only when I hold menu and go to airplay that it works but only when I watch a video, and there's no sound on the menu screen. I've reset both the HomePods and the Apple TV a few of times to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/MovieFanatic97
    [link] [comments]

    Flicker in dark scenes.

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 06:39 PM PDT

    If your IPhone, HomePod is in proximity of your AppleTV “hey, Siri pause/play” is great.

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 01:38 PM PDT

    App Store keeps signing out by itself in Apple TV

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 09:39 PM PDT

    I used to have two different accounts on my Apple TV, and one of the account was of a different region.

    The region in my Apple TV was initially set wrongly, following the second accounts region which was Australia. I found many apps being downloaded by itself so I changed it back to my home country which is also the region of the main account.

    I found that at least once a week now my App Store would sign out of the Apple TV, leaving Apple Music, TV and iTunes inaccessible but leaving iCloud and game centre singed in.

    Even after I removed the second Australian account the issue still persists. I found that when it happens some of the apps have updated, but I'm not sure if there were updated on the same day or I just didn't notice them being updated as I don't use most of them frequently.

    Has anyone else noticed this App Store sign out issue ? Is there any way to prevent this ?

    submitted by /u/applepoople
    [link] [comments]

    Tom Hanks' Sci-Fi Film 'Finch' - First Look Images and Release Date on Apple TV+ - Cinemablind

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 10:58 AM PDT

    Stuck on Black Screen HELP! I tried Dolby Vision but my HDMI cable doesn't support it and now I don't know how to cancel out.

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 11:11 PM PDT

    Input latency issues using when Apple TV 4K is connected to Sony A80J TV

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 07:17 PM PDT

    I just bought the Sony A80J as a gift for myself finally getting settled into my career, but I'm running into about 200ms of input latency when using the Apple TV with a PS4 controller. I've tried just about everything, but nothing has helped. I have: * Set the TV to game mode * Swapped out which HDMI port the Apple TV is plugged into * Power-cycled both devices * Set the Apple TV to 1080p instead of 4K * Moved the Apple TV to the other side of the entertainment center so that the Bluetooth radio in the A80J isn't interfering with it * Tried the game on iOS using the same controller; there was no latency, meaning it isn't likely a controller or application issue

    None of these seemed to do anything, but I did notice that the Apple TV appeared to be picking up inputs before they were appearing on-screen. The light on the front of the Apple TV blinks when it reads an input, and this happens well before the action happens on the TV. This also might be happening with the A80J's remote when using the built-in Google TV, but that could be the sluggishness of the interface. I'm not sure what else I can try here; does anyone have any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/theantidavis
    [link] [comments]

    HDR10 not working on Prime Video or YouTube?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 07:52 AM PDT

    I just an Apple TV 4K 2021 and am pretty disappointed I can't get any HDR10 content to play in HDR. Dolby Vision seems to be fine for some apps, but apps like Prime Video and YouTube don't show any HDR. This is with Format set to 4K SDR and Match Content turned on for Range and Frame Rate. If I set the Format to 4K Dolby Vision (with Match Content for Range still turned on), I get Dolby Vision in every single YouTube video which doesn't make sense since Match Content is turned on. The Apple TV thinks my HDMI connection is fine (it's an 8K cable), and I don't have any problem in this regard with Google TV dongle or Chromecast Ultra dongle on my Sony TV.

    Does anyone have this problem? Is there any free HDR10 content in other apps I could try to see if my setup is at least capable of playing HDR10 or it's just these apps?

    submitted by /u/oneday111
    [link] [comments]

    “continue on Apple device” doesn’t work:/ I’m on the same network as my tv, signed in, I can’t think of any reason it wouldn’t work but nothing happens when I get to a screen with this prompt.

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 10:45 AM PDT

    Were Siri’s voice commands recently updated?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 06:06 PM PDT

    Within the last couple of weeks the voice command to shut the unit down has changed.

    "Shut down" used to work, but it no longer responds to that phrase. However, it responds to the voice command "Power off" just fine.

    Is this common?

    submitted by /u/digitalgargoyle
    [link] [comments]

    Netflix buffering on my 1 Gig connection. All other services are fine. Anybody else see this?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 05:56 PM PDT

    Anyone know why I am getting this error when playing purchased tv shows from YouTube? I have a Belkin HDMI cable that is made for the new 4K Apple TV. And I am using a Samsung tv.

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 06:36 PM PDT

    Piggy back an Apple lightning SD card adapter to Apple lighting HDMI adapter charging port? … for watching SD card videos on a connected HDMI corded tv via the iPhone… Both adapters and phone are genuine Apple products.

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 04:32 PM PDT

    Movie Library advice (ATV/VUDU/MA)

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 10:44 AM PDT

    Hi, Looking for advice or suggestions on the following:

    I started my digital collection with vudu ages ago and during early 4k blu rays started redeeming on vudu as well. With ATV dominating now I've switched to redeeming and purchasing everything in ATV. This leaves me with some minor annoyances.

    1. Movies not partnered with moviesanywhere aren't showing up in my ATV library

    2. Movieanywhere movies redeemed in vudu from an early 4k blu ray only gave HDX digital version on vudu and therefore only ports to ATV in HD. So I don't get the free 4k upgrade in ATV

    1 I understand it is what it is until more studios come in but #2 gets my OCD going a lot and will probably get worse as more movies port over.

    Any tips or suggestions I'm missing aside from just rebuying? Ideally I want all movies in my ATV library in the highest quality.

    submitted by /u/DaleDenton99
    [link] [comments]

    Issue with Disney+ HDR peak brightness on Apple TV vs Xbox Series X

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 05:12 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel