• Breaking News

    Monday, August 23, 2021

    Apple TV My Apple TV 4K 1st gen gets this little man that pops up on the screen every once and a while. What does it mean?

    Apple TV My Apple TV 4K 1st gen gets this little man that pops up on the screen every once and a while. What does it mean?


    My Apple TV 4K 1st gen gets this little man that pops up on the screen every once and a while. What does it mean?

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 01:10 PM PDT

    CODA was phenomenal. I had to listen to the last song 3 times. It’s on Apple Music. It sounds Amazing! She really was fantastic!

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 05:47 PM PDT

    Is there a button on a universal remote that will open the control center?

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 07:03 PM PDT

    I have Homebridge tizen and thinking about creating some macros to control the Apple TV through CEC. Is there a button on a normal tv remote that would open the control center on the Apple TV?

    submitted by /u/freeluv
    [link] [comments]

    Indian Film Permit?

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 06:46 PM PDT

    Has anyone seen anything like this? It's there for the first few frames of Super 8, before the Paramount logo starts.

    I have the film as part of my library. This shows up on playback both on my AppleTV & my phone.

    Apologies if this is the wrong sub, I've just never seen anything like it before & wasn't sure where to ask.

    submitted by /u/Hatteras11
    [link] [comments]

    Movies playing in super low resolution tonight!

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 05:41 PM PDT

    Signed up for the free trial of Paramount+. Watched A Quiet Place last night. Resolution started out horrible but got a little better a few mins into the movie to where it was watchable. But still low resolution during action scenes. Tonight trying to watch A Quiet Place II. Resolution is so bad it's unwatchable. Got frustrated and decided to rent it through iTunes instead thinking it's a Paramount+ issue. Movie even playing in iTunes is super grainy. It's less than HD. Decided to play a movie on Disney+ service and picture quality is perfect HD. Went back into Apple TV and tried playing a digital copy of a movie we own, and it started playing back in super low resolution as well. So is this an Apple server problem? We are getting 70-90mbps wifi speed right now so that's not the issue.

    submitted by /u/Lanky-Performer8849
    [link] [comments]

    Peacock TV App Premium "Free with Xfinity" (at least)

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 12:11 PM PDT

    Yesterday we added the Peacock TV app to our Apple TV 4K. I was disappointed to see that what I wanted to watch was "premium only" which costs, and I didn't want to pay for another streaming service. Today I decided to poke around on the internet, and discovered that with Xfinity, the Premium service on Peacock is free. That was prompted on my MacBook, and I could watch what I wanted to there. I decided to see what happened on the Apple TV with this, and was not able to see the movie. So I deleted the app, and re-downloaded it. Signed in again, and the movie was then available! Just posting this to help others. (The "at least" in the title is because there was another internet service that was also listed as free, but I cannot recall - it is worth looking on your computer to see.)

    submitted by /u/MumziDarlin
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Music Suddenly Quieter

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 12:28 PM PDT

    In the last week or so, the volume coming from the Apple Music app on my Apple TV 4K (previous gen) has been basically cut in half. The volume level coming from other apps and watching TV and movies, etc. seems to be the same. For example, I used to listen to music with my volume set to 15 and movies and TV typically at 40, now I'm listening to music at 25-30 with TV still at 40. My setup runs the Apple TV to a Vizio sound bar with Atmos and then the sound bar runs to a Vizio TV.

    Is there a recent Apple update that changed this? I'm on tvOS 14.7. The change does not seem to be related to whether the song has an Atmos version available or not.

    I did recently turn on the reduce loud sounds feature, but the music volume doesn't go back up when I turn reduced loud sounds off, so I don't think it's that either.

    Honestly, it would be convenient for me if the volume output from the Apple Music app was lowered so I didn't have to change my volume as much, but I don't know if this is an intentional change or a sign of a problem.

    submitted by /u/Gnerbert
    [link] [comments]

    Family members accidentally controlling TV

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 12:18 PM PDT

    Hi,

    My family members are able to use the Apple TV remote for the Apple TV in my room.

    We have family sharing set up so it looks like I cannot disable this, does anyone know how to please?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/ChickenPie735
    [link] [comments]

    Play First Episode button purchased content without authorization

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 11:55 AM PDT

    The other day I was browsing for something to watch and saw an old USA show I kind of remembered. The pilot episode had the Play First Episode button available so I clicked that and the episode started playing immediately. I watched it for a minute, decided it was terrible, stopped. But then I noticed it was in my Recent Purchases. And then I noticed I'd been charged $3 for it. I absolutely never confirmed a purchase and never in a million years would pay $3 to watch the pilot of an old USA show. OK, but, no big deal because Apple certainly won't have a problem giving me a refund in this situation--it's Apple, right? I've made thousands of dollars in purchases over the years and have never requested a refund.

    Apple's not having it. They insist the purchase is not refundable. I mean, yeah, it's only $3--this time--but how many Apple TVs are out there? If they're picking up an extra $3 here and there from each Apple TV that's millions of dollars they are stealing.

    submitted by /u/ChurchOfStan
    [link] [comments]

    AppleTV 4k shows No signal on Vizio TV when starting PITA

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 11:25 AM PDT

    I have an Apple TV 4K and a newer Vizio TV that For the last few months has been showing no signal when I start up the device.

    I know the Apple TV works the light is on I'll press it on the remote it'll turn it on the TV will just show no signal.

    I've tried a different HDMI cable that doesn't work. I have seen this tons of times on Apple forums and on Reddit and no one has a solution. I've heard for more might be a problem I've updated the latest and no fixes whatsoever.

    At this point I'm only thinking the only way to fix it is either return the Apple TV complain about it or purchase a separate home theater unit with HDMI switching built in there maybe that will fix it.

    If anyone has this problem please comment below say something or just say yes. If anyone knows how to fix it let me know it's a real PITA having to get up unplug the cord plug it back in to get the damn thing to work.

    submitted by /u/tedtremendous
    [link] [comments]

    How do I make sure the houseowners can’t access my accounts?

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 09:05 AM PDT

    I rent an apartment where they have apple tv, 1 here and 1 in the main living quarter of the house. Its pretty much its own unit where i live, own entrance and everything, but we do have the same internet as the main quarter is the only place with access for an internet point. Anyway, i noticed today that on youtube there was a new account logged into the youtube app, and it made me wonder, can they see my account on their apple tv, and is this something that can happen on other apps - ie. they get access to my disney plus, netflix or hbo account? How can i avoid this from happening?

    submitted by /u/NorwegianSuccubus
    [link] [comments]

    AppleTV going into 'Purple and Green' mode...

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 08:57 AM PDT

    Anyone have any idea what is causing this? Started the other day, magically fixed itself, and is now back.AppleTV Screenshot

    submitted by /u/CLTPHL
    [link] [comments]

    Is ��TV 4K compatible with third party speakers?

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 09:54 AM PDT

    I have a tribit Xsound go wireless speaker, and ATV couldn't find it when trying to pair it. So i guess I need to buy better speakers and looking for economical suggestions that are compatible with ATV.

    Edit: THANKS, I WAS DOING IT WRONG BEFORE. MANAGED TO PAIR THEM AND ENJOYING IT NOW!

    submitted by /u/andenate08
    [link] [comments]

    Why am I getting ads for Apple TV+ on my iPad

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 03:07 PM PDT

    And how do I stop it? This really pisses me off!

    submitted by /u/Stormy-Monday
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel