• Breaking News

    Monday, June 24, 2019

    iPad My new portable work setup

    iPad My new portable work setup


    My new portable work setup

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 01:58 AM PDT

    iPadOS 13 Public Beta Goes Live

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 10:57 AM PDT

    Public reminder that the Public Beta is currently full of bugs and you might want to wait a bit more...

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 11:57 AM PDT

    Apple Release iPadOS Public Beta

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 10:53 AM PDT

    I bought this fantastic keyboard for my iPad from Miniso in Hong Kong- exceptional key travel, great design. Cost about 11 USD.

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 05:29 AM PDT

    Local webserver + vim running on iPad mini

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 03:57 PM PDT

    One of these moments why I love my iPad so much

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 02:25 PM PDT

    Would anyone else like to see a "desktop" for iOS 14? (I know, its early)

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 02:05 PM PDT

    I'd really like to have documents and folders on the home screen. I don't even care if they have to be in the app grid, I would just really really love for this to become a reality.

    submitted by /u/OhItsReallyNoah
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] Which mouse to use with iPad’s new accessibility feature?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 01:25 PM PDT

    The ones I keep finding on Amazon all require a little dongle to plugged into the USB port, but on youtube I keep seeing videos of people using bluetooth mice without having anything plugged into the USB-C port.

    Can someone please tell me a [good looking] mouse to use that'll work with the iPad?

    submitted by /u/EvoBrah
    [link] [comments]

    Best IDE's for the iPad?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 10:39 AM PDT

    I'm going to try and replace my laptop with an iPad, and a large part of my working is Python and web development, so I was wondering if there are any good IDE applications.

    submitted by /u/astral_crow
    [link] [comments]

    Am I the only one who gets this error while updating to iPadOS 13 Public beta? (Unable to install update)

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 12:34 PM PDT

    Anyone using Procreate with the iPadOS Beta?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 11:32 AM PDT

    I reaaaally want iPadOS so I can just back up my Procreate drawings onto an external hard drive.

    I'm running out of space on my iPad and this would be the easiest solution. It seems my only other alternative is backing up to Google Drive. This can be slow and whenever you transfer a file from the iPad to Drive, it seems to cache some of the file so it's an annoying solution to use when you are super low on storage.

    Basically just wondering if anyone with iPadOS that uses Procreate can comment on their experience. Can you easily back up drawings to an external drive? Any show stopping bugs?

    submitted by /u/EveryLivingLine
    [link] [comments]

    Tile finder like device for Apple Pencil?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 07:34 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I recently had a scare where I couldn't find my Apple Pencil 2 shortly after purchasing it. Luckily, I found it but it had me wondering if there was something like a Tile finder that would be good for the pencil?

    The tile is too big, so I'm looking for something small.

    Any input would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/Z1839
    [link] [comments]

    Backlit keyboard options?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 07:32 AM PDT

    Hey y'all, I just got a 2019 Air on sale and I've been loving it so far. I've been trying to look for a keyboard but I really want one with a backlight as I tend to keep my working environments dark (yay reverse seasonal affective disorder) and I prefer the aesthetic it provides. I know Logitech used to have one but it's become harder to find. Anyone try any keyboards with a backlight and had a good experience with theirs?

    submitted by /u/probably_green
    [link] [comments]

    Can overheating cause an image to get “burned into” an IPad Screen?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 02:38 PM PDT

    Been sitting in a roughly 90F attic with a fan on, using my IPad Air. Now a YouTube page is burnt into the screen. I can still see the YouTube screen transparently while on other pages. Did the heat cause this or is it a coincidental occurrence, and could it be permanent? I use this iPad for drawing so it'll be pretty sucky if it's permanent. I've also planned to factory reset the iPad in a week or so (unrelated reasons), could that fix this too?

    submitted by /u/d24602
    [link] [comments]

    Word look up repository on iPad?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 08:36 AM PDT

    Hello! I love kindle for giving the option to see all the words I've ever looked while reading books. It's pretty neat. On iPad I can easily look up the meaning of any word but is it possible to get the list of look ups?

    submitted by /u/Groooovinshiz
    [link] [comments]

    iPadOS Safe to Use?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 10:42 AM PDT

    I have the iPad Pro 10.5 and I really want to see the new OS for iPad. How is it working on your iPad? Does it crash a lot to the point of not being able to use it for casual browsing, video playback, gameplay, and writing up documents?

    submitted by /u/indy720
    [link] [comments]

    Remorse?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 02:20 PM PDT

    I am an upcoming freshman in college (Bio Major). I have never really been excited about apple products before the 2018 iPad Pro. I have always thought of them as mediocre at best and none have never tickled my fancy. This all changed once the 2018 iPad Pro came out; I instantly fell in love and saved for it. I bought the 12.9-inch 256gb ($857) model and the apple pencil ($85) a few weeks ago.

    My goal with the iPad was to start writing notes with the apple pencil and ditch paper all together. However, as time passed, I began to question my decision. I really enjoy the way a pen or pencil glides across paper and that lovely tactile feedback. Since it's summer I haven't been writing too much and only used the apple pencil a handful of times and writing with it seems fine. My only worry is that once college begins and I must consistently take notes, is the iPad just going to become a nuisance?

    I have the option to return the iPad for a full refund within a 60-day period, which ends right before school starts. Should I return it and go for an upgrade on my laptop and stick to hand- written notes? I know in the end it all comes down to personal preference, but I just wanted to see if anyone has any wisdom to share.

    submitted by /u/InvisibleKingCharles
    [link] [comments]

    iPad keyboard and mouse support 2 in 1

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 02:05 PM PDT

    Does anyone know of a keyboard that has a trackpad incorperated in its design that will be compatible with iPad mouse support? Would be awesome to have a 2 in 1!

    submitted by /u/broknows
    [link] [comments]

    Files App Question

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 04:39 AM PDT

    My new iPad has just as much storage as my old MacBook Pro, so why are all my files on the cloud rather than downloaded to the hard drive? Is there a way to put them all (several Gigs) on the iPad directly?

    submitted by /u/drdook
    [link] [comments]

    PDFs keep "Resetting" in Files app?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 12:28 PM PDT

    Hello, I work with large and small PDFs on a day to day basis. I use the standard mark-up tool when I want to be fast.

    Seemingly not related to overall file size the PDF "resets" by which I mean that the screen flicks to white then starts at the top page and all mark-ups that were made during the time I opened it to the time it hiccups is all gone.

    I have the iPad 11". This was an issue on my 10.5" as well, that I thought would go away when I upgraded.Please help as it is very frustrating. It happens all the time.

    Thank you in advance,

    submitted by /u/2ofSorts
    [link] [comments]

    iPad in a nursing home - best anti theft and accessibility options for users.

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 04:18 AM PDT

    Hi everyone! I'd like to get an iPad for my dad who lives in assisted care. He is 60 and has Huntington's Disease. He is doing very well cognitively and is capable of using an iPad physically as well.

    I want to give him an iPad so that me and my brother can FaceTime with him and I can have a direct line of communication with him. He also just really really wants one and I think that it will transform his life and give him something to do as he is bored most of the time because most of the residents in his home are at least 20 years older than he is. I think it would be great to give him the mental stimulation he needs and reduce his feelings of isolation.

    I'm concerned about theft primarily. Has anyone here had experience gifting iPad to individuals living in assisted living situations? What settings would be best for me to keep his item secure? Is there anything more I can do other than register it in his inventory with the nursing home?

    I'm also interested in suggestions for making his iPad as accessible as possible.

    submitted by /u/Titchbits999
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Pro 11” photo and video editing?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 11:21 AM PDT

    I like to edit pictures in Lightroom CC and was wondering if the 11" gives enough screen real estate to edit pictures? Also how is video editing on the 11" screen in Lima Fussion? I'm sure the 12.9 is better st these tasks but the other 60% of the time I'll be using this as a consumption device for reading books, web browsing, Netflix etc. I travel a decent amount for work. I also have a 2016 MBP 15" that's still going strong although I hate the shitty butterfly keyboard on it. So the iPad won't be my main computing device but I'd like to use my iPad as much as possible to replace most tasks done in my MBP 15.

    submitted by /u/MarvelUniverse360
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel