• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 5, 2021

    macOS New to mac, tried to log in with newly created Apple Id and i get this

    macOS New to mac, tried to log in with newly created Apple Id and i get this


    New to mac, tried to log in with newly created Apple Id and i get this

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 03:50 AM PDT

    What is the best ad blocker out there?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 02:40 PM PDT

    My Macintosh HD was randomly renamed. (P0-=[A) Should i worry?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 11:01 AM PDT

    Safari Extensions don't show up in the preferences.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 09:27 PM PDT

    When I get a Safari Extension some of them don't even show up in the safari extensions to enable. Can anyone tell me how to fix this, or why is happened?

    submitted by /u/TheEpicNoobJ
    [link] [comments]

    the lock screen won't turn off automatically

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 05:45 PM PDT

    it stays on unless i turn it off, since yesterday

    submitted by /u/52ww
    [link] [comments]

    Anyway to tone dow notifications?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 04:06 PM PDT

    I find that MacOS and iOS don't do a great job of communicating when certain notifications are read. For instance, if I receive and read 3-4 text messages on my phone and then I later log onto my Mac I will receive those same notifications again. Not sure if this is a limitation that Apple plans to eventually address or if I'm nitpicking..

    submitted by /u/CurtisCosmos
    [link] [comments]

    macOS Mojave Patcher not creating bootable drive on m1 MacBook Air

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 07:07 PM PDT

    I want to install macOS Mojave on a 2010 MacBook Pro with Mac OS Mojave patcher by dosdude1, but whenever I make it create the installer, but it doesn't work. But somehow Catalina Patcher works ok. Heres the verbose output.

    /dev/disk6 GUI partition_scheme /dev/disk6s1 EFI /dev/disk6s2 Apple_HFS /private/tmp/installesd Validating target…done Validating source…done Retrieving scan information…done Validating sizes……done Restoring ...10....20....30…...40....50....60…...70.80....90....100 Restored target device is /dev/disk4s2. Remounting target volume……done Personalization failed: Error Domain=OSPErrorDomain Code=103 "The given secure boot bundle is invalid." Userinfo=(NSLocalizedDescription=The given secure boot bundle is invalid.} asr: Couldn't personalize volume Volumes/macOS Base System - Policy not found "disk6" ejected. 

    (The formatting may be wrong, it was taken from live text)

    submitted by /u/cum-bubbles6969
    [link] [comments]

    My ifconfig output is weird and I don't get my IP address

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 10:36 PM PDT

    It happened to me after installing ubuntu virtual machine and play around with it. The output is as following . Can someone please help me out? Thanks.

    Ian-MacBook-Pro:~ ian$ ifconfig

    lo0: flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 16384

    options=1203<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,TXSTATUS,SW\_TIMESTAMP>

    inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 0xff000000

    inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128

    inet6 fe80::1%lo0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x1

    nd6 options=201<PERFORMNUD,DAD>

    gif0: flags=8010<POINTOPOINT,MULTICAST> mtu 1280

    stf0: flags=0<> mtu 1280

    en3: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500

    ether ac:de:48:00:11:22

    inet6 fe80::aece:48ff:fe00:1422%en3 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x4

    nd6 options=201<PERFORMNUD,DAD>

    media: autoselect (100baseTX <full-duplex>)

    status: active

    ap1: flags=8802<BROADCAST,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500

    options=400<CHANNEL\_IO>

    ether a6:83:e8:07:79:8e

    media: autoselect

    status: inactive

    en0: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500

    options=400<CHANNEL\_IO>

    ether a4:83:e7:07:79:8e

    inet6 fe80::1cfd:f7f5:c682:a70%en0 prefixlen 64 secured scopeid 0x6

    inet6 2603:8001:b141:55ca:c87:59c8:1b7e:54f0 prefixlen 64 autoconf secur

    submitted by /u/Rayhanrazzark
    [link] [comments]

    What neat utilities do you use to make your Mac experience more favorable for you?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 07:37 PM PDT

    For example uBar brings a Windows like task bar to the Mac. Looking for other top rated pieces of software that are useful for you.

    submitted by /u/twiggs462
    [link] [comments]

    How can I disable mouse scroll acceleration?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 11:40 AM PDT

    I recently switched from a Windows laptop to an M1 MacBook Air and the weird scroll behavior when using my wired mouse is super annoying.

    submitted by /u/CHKN76
    [link] [comments]

    El Capitan to Mojave

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 04:44 PM PDT

    I have a macbook pro mid-2012. Recently, I had a problem with accessing some websites due to the expiration dates of some security issues. The following message appears when I try to enter some sites: NET;;ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID. I have tried A LOT of things, but I don't know what to do. This happens with Safari and Chrome and I can't download Mozila because of my version (El Capitan). I can't download the latest, but at "Finder" there's the installation of macOS Mojave. Should I upgrade to this version? Is my mac going to get slow? Will it solve this problem? Is there a way to solve this problem with the websites without having to upgrade? Thank you very much!!

    submitted by /u/distractedgargoyle
    [link] [comments]

    Safari 15, Netflix interface is painfully slow.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 05:24 AM PDT

    Lots os stuttering and skipping of video. Navigating is slow as well.

    submitted by /u/userX97ee2ska11qa
    [link] [comments]

    Safari and shortcut

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 12:14 PM PDT

    Hi, everyone

    So, I'm a fan and full time user of Safari on my mac. I just want to know is there a shortcut where I can just jump into the search bar without having to move my trackpad and click on the search bar/start page of Safari.

    submitted by /u/MrILoveBlonde12
    [link] [comments]

    The First 15 Years Of Apple History Timeline

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 12:12 PM PDT

    Is there any way to transfer APFS Time Machine to another drive?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 11:07 AM PDT

    I am trying to move my Time Machine backups to another drive but because it's APFS and snapshots on Big Sur you can't just drag and drop like you used to, and doing Restore in Disk Utility fails as well. Is there any way to move this data over now?

    submitted by /u/goro-n
    [link] [comments]

    KIS for the Mac

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 09:29 AM PDT

    I bought an iPhone for the first time ever and now I want to try OS X. Can an emulator on a Windows laptop compete with the real thing? Why/Why not?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 08:58 AM PDT

    A1278 visual dongle?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 08:24 AM PDT

    Hope this isnt the wrong place, but Im trying to verify what type of port/cable I need for my A1278. Not sure if its thunderbolt 2, or what?

    I need to run it into an hdmi adapter and Im confused which type it is.

    Im confused as hell between thunderbolt 1, 2, 3 and displayport!

    Anyone here know by any chance?

    submitted by /u/Accomplished_Post525
    [link] [comments]

    Safari 15 tab groups different sessions

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 04:33 AM PDT

    Maybe I am missing something and that should not be possible, but I was wondering if one can use tab groups to completely distinguish between for example personal and work google (or any other) accounts (by being logged in into different accounts in different tab groups). Thank you.

    submitted by /u/mvoropaiev
    [link] [comments]

    Kernel_task taking 90% of CPU after a screen replacement of macbook pro mid 2012

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 07:06 AM PDT

    Last week I faced a screen issue for which the repair center replaced the screen of my macbook. But now when I opened it, the screen is stuck. It's barely opening any application. Found out the the kernel_task is taking 500% CPU. System is taking 90% of the CPU load. I am confused how come a hardware fix causing this issue. Mac is completely cooled down, no fan noise or heat. What coule be the issue and how to fix it?

    submitted by /u/puspendert
    [link] [comments]

    Reeder 5 vs ReadKit

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 06:39 AM PDT

    Does anyone use one of these two feed readers? Which one do you prefer and why?

    submitted by /u/heliommsfilho16
    [link] [comments]

    what is a good mouse for macos?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 05:35 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel