• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 11, 2020

    Apple Help Anyone know the best way to deal with this? Started two days ago and everyday it fills up my calendar with this nonsense and I get notifications like every 20m. Help!

    Apple Help Anyone know the best way to deal with this? Started two days ago and everyday it fills up my calendar with this nonsense and I get notifications like every 20m. Help!


    Anyone know the best way to deal with this? Started two days ago and everyday it fills up my calendar with this nonsense and I get notifications like every 20m. Help!

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 08:52 AM PDT

    I recently upgraded my iPhone 7 to and iPhone 11. What happened to my pictures and how can I get them back?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 09:42 PM PDT

    I can’t clear any of my storage and it’s driving me insane PLEASE HELP

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 09:48 PM PDT

    Can’t select a new song to use as an alarm sound. After a select one from my Apple Music it stays blank. iPhone Xs, IOS 13.3

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 08:28 PM PDT

    XS max panic full restarting

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 08:02 PM PDT

    My XS max kept restarting every few minutes. Took it to apple, out of warranty, and they pretty much told me the phone is done for. $550 to get it replaced. Analytic logs said "panic full" on the day the problem started. I believe it implied some thermal sensor issue. Battery health was fine. Every post I've seen, people say "hardware issue" and "get it replaced".

    I opened up the phone and found a tiny bit of rust on a screw at the very bottom right corner, under the speaker module. I removed the rust and replaced the lightning connector cable ($50 on ifixit). It's been two days, and the phone hasn't restarted once. You have to remove pretty much everything, including the battery, to do this. So there's no telling what exactly fixed the issue. Hopefully this can help someone with a similar issue, or at least point them in the right direction.

    submitted by /u/th3numb3re
    [link] [comments]

    I’m having some issues removing my credit card from my Apple ID. Does anyone know how to fix that issue?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 06:27 PM PDT

    i'm trying to remove my credit card from my apple account but it says i have an active subscription, which would be my iCloud storage plan, but it won't let me cancel that. It just has the done button greyed out. I really don't want my card charged. What do i do?

    I have the 50 gb plan and an iPhone XR

    submitted by /u/InterestingAd2740
    [link] [comments]

    Prep for jumping ship from MacBook Pro to iPad Pro

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 10:22 PM PDT

    I find that I'm hardly using my MacBook Pro, now that I have an iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard. I'd like your advice on what I should do before selling the MBP (apart from the obvious like logging out of accounts and wiping the MBP).

    I have the MBP completely backed up to a hard drive in case I should need to recover data, and also use Apple Cloud. I have a 2 terabyte google drive account and that too backs up the MBP.

    I use the cloud mostly rather than storing files locally. The only thing I can think of that might cause difficulty is doing my taxes next year and importing this year's TurboTax file.

    Anything else I should be thinking of? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/jarec707
    [link] [comments]

    Getting the new iMac and need some advice!

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 10:17 PM PDT

    Hey guys, I've decided to upgrade to the latest 27" iMac that just recently came out. I'm a musician and need more speed and cores, so I'm going with the 10 core.

    That being said.. I'm stumped on one thing, the GPU. The current model I have selected has a Radeon Pro 5500 XT, however I'm wondering is it really worth it to fork out the extra money and go for the 5700 XT to (future proof it).

    I'm not super huge into video editing to be honest (mainly music production) that being said I do plan to screen record myself + my screen simultaneously for production videos which does rely on the GPU. Now I'm coming from a late 2013 iMac with a harddrive and it does lag and skip when doing that task. Perhaps the 5700 XT would be overkill. I just wanna be able to edit and screen record/record my face cam without issue.

    Any opinions are greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/joepeppermusic24
    [link] [comments]

    Is it too late to buy an iPhone 7 and be able to buy apps

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 06:46 PM PDT

    I am thinking of getting an apple to replace my Android. The iphone I'm looking at is iPhone 7 as it is within my price range and I am not really one to care about getting a brand new phone every time one comes out. My question is: If I get the iPhone 7, will I be able to get apps? Or will it be too old?

    The only apple product I ever had was the iPod touch and after a while, I could no longer get apps for it as it was several years old. I want to make sure before I get the iPhone 7, that I will be able to get apps for the foreseeable future, and that it won't just quit doing so after only having it for a year or less.

    I really would appreciate the help.

    submitted by /u/coasterfreak5
    [link] [comments]

    My storage is full and most of it is “other” I have been deleted photos, apps, etc and it just fills up again even if I haven’t downloaded anything.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 05:08 PM PDT

    predictive text doesn’t actually reset

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 04:59 PM PDT

    so i cleared my keyboard dictionary but the predictive text still has old stuff i typed on it popping up and i dont want it there. is there a way to reset ur predictive text cus i cleared the keyboard dictionary but its still there

    submitted by /u/toastedbread_
    [link] [comments]

    Serial number lookup page disagrees with the trade-in page about what model my computer is.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 06:03 PM PDT

    When I lookup my laptop for trade, the Apple trade in tool says it is a "MacBook Air Core i5 1.3GHz 13" (Mid 2013) 128GB SSD". When I look it up on the Apple serial number checking tool, it correctly identifies it as "MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014)".

    The Mid 2013 is worth zero, but is the 2014 the same or does it have any dollar value at all?

    submitted by /u/vivekkhera
    [link] [comments]

    What happened to this MagSafe charger? Should I throw it away?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 05:57 PM PDT

    can’t redownload ESPN on iphone 5 running iOS 10

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 05:49 PM PDT

    I has ESPN on my iPhone 5 running iOS 10, I couldn't access all of ESPN so I deleted the app. Now when I try and redownload the ESPN app all it says is I need iOS 12 and I can't get it, any suggestions on how I can get ESPN back on my iPhone?

    submitted by /u/9am1n9-9od
    [link] [comments]

    Need help identifying Apple product packaging

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 07:48 PM PDT

    Hello Apple fans

    I posted this on /r/apple but was sent away. Hopefully you nice folks can help me out!

    I'm trying to identify an Apple product whose packaging is not very clear in the images I have. I've searched high and low but am unable to figure this out. Can someone point me in the right direction?

    Top of the box: https://imgur.com/a/R0M0vce

    Side view: https://imgur.com/a/vPLKpVq

    Another top view: https://imgur.com/a/xZ0KXnz

    Another side view: https://imgur.com/a/2OpV8ya

    I thought this might be a Mac Pro because of the round shape of the product showing through. But what Apple product packaging has the grill on the top?

    I thought I knew all Apple products but this is frustrating me. Help!

    Edit: It's an iSight camera as u/lolstebbo and /u/NICK75704 have identified.

    submitted by /u/hsnk42
    [link] [comments]

    Uber ride booking extension on Apple Maps

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 10:42 PM PDT

    When selecting the Uber ride booking extension on AM it fails to connect to my account even though I'm signed in on the Uber app. Currently using iOS 14 Public Beta 4 but it was the same on iOS 13. Anyone know how to resolve this. I've even deleted and reinstalled the app which never helped. I'm in the UK if that makes a difference.

    submitted by /u/Twinnumber-2
    [link] [comments]

    Issues with some contacts showing up as their email address and not their name

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 10:38 PM PDT

    I have some other Apple users in my contacts. They all used to come up with their name when I received iMessages or calls from them.

    However, as of a few months ago, several contacts always come up as an e-mail address instead of their contact name. Some of them have linked contact records. I've tried re-syncing with iCloud. I've tried manually editing the contacts. Nothing has worked.

    Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, what did you do to fix it?

    submitted by /u/baummer
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to do a hard reset, or any reset of any kind, on my device

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 09:46 PM PDT

    Model: iPhone +7 iOS: 12.2

    I've had this phone for about three years. When I first received it at 15, it had child restrictions on it with a passcode. That was fine up until recently. These child restrictions make me unable to download/delete apps, access certain websites/links on websites, have a functioning email on the Email application, among other things. I've tried doing a hard reset on my device multiple times, but I don't have the passcode. The restrictions passcode was lost some time ago, and I cannot afford to get a new phone.

    This device uses my mother's defunct Apple iCloud account and Apple ID, both of which had their login info lost ages ago. I've tried calling customer support, but because the Apple ID is under my mother's name, they can't do anything unless she makes the call. (Please note: I've been low contact with my mom for a long time, please see post history as it's inappropriate to elaborate here).

    Is there anything I can do to reset my device?

    submitted by /u/yourturnAJ
    [link] [comments]

    I am Trying to unmount hard drive but it keeps saying that the resource is busy and it is keeping me from fixing the hard drive.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 09:46 PM PDT

    I'm trying to unmount my external hard drive so I can run first aid repair on it but it keeps saying that the external hard drive can't be unmounted because it's in use. I'm trying to unmount it on terminal using various commands but nothing seems to do the trick. A constant message I get is "resource busy" whenever I try to do anything to the drive (I. E open it, unmount it, repair it). Are there any suggestions on how I can fix this issue?

    submitted by /u/Treefah007
    [link] [comments]

    Can't use split screen (MacBook Air 2017 running Mojave)

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 05:42 PM PDT

    Title says it all; I can't use the split screen function. I should say "anymore," because this hasn't been a problem until the last couple months. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong -- I click and hold down the green full-screen/window expand button as always and nothing happens. I've tried it with numerous applications (Finder, Word, TextEdit, Firefox, etc.) but nothing works. And yes, I've tried restarting.

    submitted by /u/Rogue2220
    [link] [comments]

    2019 iMac Error and Crash. Application image duplicated in Dock.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 01:52 PM PDT

    2019 21.5 iMac

    3.2 GHz 6-core Intel Core i7

    32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

    OS Catalina Version 10.15.6

    Computer IS up to date.

    External Monitor used at the time: Wacom Tablet Cintiq Pro 13

    Update: The computer froze and crashed two more times since writing this. Nothing too dramatic. It just froze for a few minutes, then the screen went dark. I rebooted it without any apparent problems both times. There was also a new popup that said This Mac can't connect to iCloud because of a problem with "email". Open Apple ID preferences to fix this problem. I logged out of the iCloud and then logged back in which seemed to smooth things out temporarily. Normally I can Google/Reddit and troubleshoot a problem myself, but this whole situation has got me well and truly stumped.

    Original Post:

    Earlier today what you see in the included photo happened. This is the second time it has happened. The first time was back in late July of this year. The first time it happened, I assumed it was a one time problem and moved on. Apparently that isn't the case. The first time it happened I was on Google and had Preview opened up. This time I only had Clip Studio Paint Pro open.

    Once it began happening again, I carefully logged what happened as closely as I could. My notes were:

    Back got warm. Fans kicked up. Screen froze and Mac and Wacom Tablet stopped responding. Warning popup appeared that said Unrecoverable error. SecurityAgent was unable to create requested mechanism builtin:unlock-keychain. There was another warning popup that said Unapproved caller. SecurityAgent may only be invoked by Apple software. Fans started blowing very hard. Most of the back of the computer is abnormally warm now. Then (see picture) occurred. The screens then went blank and dark. Totally unresponsive. Held down the power button to force shut down. Waited several minutes for computer to cool down and rest. Turned computer back on, and it booted up without issue. Before forcing the shut down, everything took about 5-7 minuted to occur.

    I am currently typing this on the discussed computer without issue. But I would like to understand what is happening and why, and if at all possible, how to prevent it in future. Thank you in advance for any help and insight you are willing to offer.

    https://preview.redd.it/4td4rz49sfg51.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=ffa091cc6f8a96ef00583d12223f0a5589113e3a

    submitted by /u/BohemianLizardKing
    [link] [comments]

    How can I change the font in Notes?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 09:16 PM PDT

    I just swapped out my phone for a same-model refurbished version, and the font in Notes is different. I tried searching the settings and going through the Notes app, but I couldn't find anything. I tried searching up the answer online, but instead, I think I found god. I just want to change the font. Please help me.

    submitted by /u/SeaofBloodRedRoses
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air keeps shutting off at 20-30%

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 09:15 PM PDT

    In the last day or two, it's been shutting off when it hits like 28-29% though.

    I have a Macbook Air 2017 model I believe, got it in November 2018. My computer isn't old and I didn't have any battery issues until this issue started last week. The computer will just literally black out and shut off once it gets below 30%. It's different than when the battery runs out though. Usually when turning back on after the charge runs out, there'll be the normal white faded screen of what was last on your screen before it shutting off, soon returning to normal. That doesn't happen with this, it just makes me hit the power button to turn it back on and it makes me log in again.

    I need to plug the charger in and then hit the power button in order to turn it back on. I tested to see what would happen if I took the charger out again after I got my computer back on and the computer immediately blacked out again, as soon as I pulled it out.

    I tried doing the SCM reset or whatever but I don't think that's worked. I don't know what to do honestly.

    submitted by /u/hvahood
    [link] [comments]

    2017 macbook air keyboard and trackpad stop working after login

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 05:23 PM PDT

    So about a week ago my mac airs keyboard and trackpad stopped working. At first I assumed that it was water damage since a couple of drops got on the pad 30 mins before everything went to hell. However everything works fine before login so I am puzzled.

    Two days ago I went to an apple affiliated tech shop (my schedule and covid limiting appointments made this the earliest date). I was told that my warranty expired in june and a repair would cost around $550, something I cant manage right now as a college student.

    I hear stories of people going directly to the genius bar and getting reduced or even free repair. Is this something that someone less than 2 months out of warranty could potentially receive? In addition what might be the problem with my computer? BTW usb mouse and keyboard work fine.

    submitted by /u/laflamablaca
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t redownload ESPN on iPhone 5 running iOS 10

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 05:19 PM PDT

    I has ESPN on my iPhone 5 running iOS 10, I couldn't access all of ESPN so I deleted the app. Now when I try and redownload the ESPN app all it says is I need iOS 12 and I can't get it, any suggestions on how I can get ESPN back on my iPhone? I can answer any follow up questions you may have, but screen shots might be a bit hard because this is not the iPhone 5.

    submitted by /u/9am1n9-9od
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel