• Breaking News

    Friday, July 24, 2020

    Apple Macbook Got a scrapped 2010 13” MBP from work, added some ram and an SSD and it’s going to be a great workstation for my daughter this coming school year.

    Apple Macbook Got a scrapped 2010 13” MBP from work, added some ram and an SSD and it’s going to be a great workstation for my daughter this coming school year.


    Got a scrapped 2010 13” MBP from work, added some ram and an SSD and it’s going to be a great workstation for my daughter this coming school year.

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 03:32 PM PDT

    My second MacBook, the 2018 base model. I love it!!! Got this after my 2015 fell and cracked its screen

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 05:44 AM PDT

    Antivirus recommendations?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 11:43 PM PDT

    I'm about to buy a 16' Macbook Pro for school and its my first macbook so...any recommendations on what antivirus works/is the best?

    submitted by /u/sirestardust
    [link] [comments]

    MBP 2012 Storage is empty but showing as full in Disk Utility

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 11:24 PM PDT

    Hi, I recently moved and deleted a lot of backups from my 500GB storage on my MBP 2012. After cleaning the storage and doing empty trash, it shows 445GB available through About this Mac > Storage. But when I go to Finder and computer (Finder > Go > Computer) my HD shows only 126GB available. I looked through hidden files and library but can't find any folder with huge data in it. Even disk utility says only 126GB available. What am I missing? Please guide. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/abhinavgarg87
    [link] [comments]

    Is AppleCare + worth it?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 02:59 PM PDT

    I just bought a 16" MBP and it's awesome. A big investment for a device that I carry around everyday and I just worry about something random happening to this nearly $3000 computer and I'm contemplating getting AppleCare +. AppleCare is something around $400, that's plus tax, but it seems steep for something I may never use. I supposed it's like any type of insurance policy but I'm trying to get people's advice on if it's worth the high price tag. I take great care of my devices but you just never know what random crap can happen. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/DrakeTaloa
    [link] [comments]

    Storage: 512 gigabites or 256?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 07:39 PM PDT

    I am looking to buy a 2020 MacBook Pro for college. Besides college work I also play games occasionally like Minecraft and Toontown Rewritten.

    Will I need the 512 gigabite model or will the 256 gb model suffice?

    submitted by /u/Johnz786
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook unable to charge for days, now working again.

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 02:54 PM PDT

    My MacBook Air suddenly was unable to charge, and i tried the smc reset, a new cord/power adaptor and nothing worked.

    5 days later I tried my charger again and it's now working, does anyone know what could be happening?

    submitted by /u/motta_x_rated
    [link] [comments]

    Would the macbook air with the i3 cpu be enough for 4+ years, or should I shell out an extra 150$ for the i5?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 12:07 PM PDT

    I plan on keeping this computer as long as it will run (I had a 2015 mba that recentely started being really slow). Most of the things I will do will be writing papers, research, a bit of multitasking, so just basic student stuff. I have a desktop at home, so I have that if I ever need more power for a project.

    submitted by /u/Biono03
    [link] [comments]

    How to get rid of scratches or make it less noticeable?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 12:50 AM PDT

    What do you do with your old MacBooks when macOS support stops?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 09:26 AM PDT

    I have a mid-2012 Macbook Air which I bought from new in June 2012, and it is probably the best computer I've ever owned. Never had a problem with it besides needing a new battery last year (which I replaced myself) - I intend to use it until it dies of old age.

    During this time I've gone from Mac OS 10.7 all the way up to 10.15 Catalina, and it works great still on Catalina. In between I have experimented with Windows 10 and Manjaro with varying degrees of success (mainly concerned that battery life and thermals may not be great over time in Windows or Linux).

    Big Sur is around the corner, and this model won't be able to upgrade to it. Catalina works great, but I'm always weary of using computers that no longer get OS updates, so I'm contemplating what to do next - leave it, put some version of Linux on it, or ditch it altogether?

    What have you guys done in the past, or what would you recommend?

    submitted by /u/ShiningLizard
    [link] [comments]

    Hi everyone! My younger sister needs a MacBook for virtual school this year (she’s only 14 so most likely an air) can anyone explain what I need to look for with the CPU or recommend any older models that would fit these requirements? Thanks!

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 11:25 AM PDT

    How long does it take for an order to go from Processing to Preparing to Ship?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 01:38 PM PDT

    I ordered a MacBook Pro 13 inch model on Tuesday. Though, my MacBook has been processing since Tuesday and I've yet to be charged on my account.

    I didn't order any upgrades, I just purchased the base model MacBook Pro with the Intel i5 and 256GB (normally the $1300 model), and I read these usually ship out pretty fast since the base models are usually just shipped from Apple warehouses, but I haven't gotten any updates on it yet. I bought it from the Education Store since it's for college and I received the AirPods from the promotion today.

    Anyone know how long I could be waiting for it to ship?

    submitted by /u/NeonToaster1
    [link] [comments]

    Which SDXC should I buy to expand my memory?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 01:36 PM PDT

    So, I own a MacBook Air (13-inch, 2017) which has 128 GB SSD storage and I am always low on free storage. I do keep a 1 TB external HDD handy but keeping it always connected is a hassle.
    I was thinking if I should buy a SanDisk SDXC card (preferably 64 GB). There are many available on Amazon but I am not sure if they are actually as fast as they claim to be. I read on Apple support that "They have a maximum speed of up to 480Mbit/s." That is, 60MB/s of speed. So, which one should I go for? The reviews are done by camera users (which are not very helpful and reliable) and not data users so I cannot rely on them.

    submitted by /u/aiquiral
    [link] [comments]

    Issues with Photos

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 01:25 PM PDT

    Hi guys!

    So I've recently received my 16" MacBook prop over the last few days after being a lifetime Windows user.

    I had a IPhone XS Max, a HomePod and an Apple Watch to thought I'd make the jump.

    My Apple Music has synced perfectly with my iPhone and I'm very impressed.

    However, I've run into an issue with Photos. I didn't have iCloud turned on for photos as I used to back the phone up regular to the pc, and didn't have another device to sync with so seemed pointless. I've now turned on iCloud photos as I wanted everything I take on my phone to sync to my macbook. The issue I'm running into is it seems to sync virtually all of my 7500+ photos perfectly. However, there seems to be about 600 photos that go into the import folder in photos, and when I look in iCloud on safari, in moments there's 8100 photos and in photos there 7500. My iPhone says I have 7500 photos. When I plug the iPhone into the MacBook, it says there's around 600 'new' photos that can be imported but seems to recognise the other 7500 have already been uploaded from iCloud.

    Another thing. If I use iCloud photos on safari, and delete a suspected duplicate it deletes it from the imported section, but also deletes the one I'd want to keep in the normal iCloud photos app. It's very annoying.

    My question is, there's clearly around random 600 photos that want to be duplicated for whatever reason. Is there a way I can get these to sync so that when I plug my phone in recognises that everything has been uploaded already from the cloud?

    Any advice here would be brilliant. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/danks11
    [link] [comments]

    Are keyboard covers worth it?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 11:35 AM PDT

    Given that Apple said this: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203671

    I'm wondering if it's both safe and sensible to use silicone keyboard covers on my MacBook Pro. Additionally, is it safe to use skins that cover the palm wrest? I want to try and avoid damaging my expensive device.

    submitted by /u/Karl_Schwarzschild
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook sent in for free keyboard replacement and they said its not eligible since they found indications of ‘water damage’

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 05:37 AM PDT

    So I have a 2017 Macbook Pro and the j key started missing 6-7 months ago, sometimes it was a miss sometimes the character would press twice but i dealt with it as i am a CS student and could not affort to let my laptop go in for repair, sometimes it would work fine.

    However a month ago i started getting the service battery warning which would go away after i reset my SMC but yesterday i found the time to take my macbook in and they said it was eligible for a free keyboard/topcase replacement under Apple's program

    Today i got a call back from them saying that they have found indications of liquid damage and the keyboard and logic board would need to be replaced first at a crazy fee or else my Macbook is not eligible for the free keyboard replacement

    I do not recall spilling anything on my Macbook and it has no other signs of damage other than the j key, everything else has been working fine and i dont know why the logic board needs to be replaced

    Would appreciate if anyone has had any experience with this and could helpm me out

    TLDR; Sent macbook for free keyboard replacement, they said its water damaged and wont do it till the logic board and keyboard is replaced first

    submitted by /u/ahmadtc17
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air flickered and became like this.

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 11:03 AM PDT

    Battery Problem

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 09:55 AM PDT

    I just charged my MacBook Air and currently it is 100%. It says I only have 2 hours left and spotlight it using significant energy when I am not using it. What do I do?

    submitted by /u/MajesticMajestix
    [link] [comments]

    Will Sims 4 run on my 2020 Macbook Air?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 09:36 AM PDT

    Recently got the base model with i3 processor, 8gb RAM and 256Gb SSD drive for school. I don't start for another 2 months lol and already have a desktop mac I use but wondering if I would be able to play it on here too

    submitted by /u/0r81t
    [link] [comments]

    Bought a MacBook Air 2020 base model 2 months ago as a secondary computer.

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 09:19 AM PDT

    I sold my gamer computer recently and now I feel like I need something beefier. The return period for the MacBook Air has ended (Best Buy) and neither Apple or Best Buy is doing trade ins on the 2020 model. I'm not sure why that is, but is my only option right now to try selling it? Or do you think Apple will be willing to do some sort of upgrade?

    submitted by /u/alexesosa
    [link] [comments]

    Update not available for this Apple ID

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 05:27 AM PDT

    Last week I bought 2020 Macbook Pro 13" from Apple Store. I realized I cannot update stock apps like Pages, Garageband etc..

    I get the error: "This update is not available for this Apple ID either because it was bought by a different user or the item was refunded or cancelled."

    I need to delete the app and reinstall it under my ID.

    Is this a common thing or should I be concerned about something?

    submitted by /u/hiimatlas
    [link] [comments]

    How many hours of usage do you get in your Macbook daily?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 08:30 AM PDT

    MacBook Pro 2020 Boot up and shutdown question

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 03:45 AM PDT

    Hello everyone, I recently bought a Macbook pro (the 10th I5 16 GB ram version) for the first time after using windows for years. I have a question about booting up and shutting down.

    When I boot up my MacBook after typing my password it shows a loading bar for a second of 6 after it shows my desktop, is this actually normal since I am used to have a quick boot up on my older laptop.

    Also when click on shut down my MacBook it first shows my background with the dock etc. and then after a couple seconds it goes to black screen while with my old laptop it goes directly to black screen.

    These questions might seems weird but it's more that I am new to Macbook plus that, when I restarted my MacBook for the first time, I receive a kind of error code about booting up.

    I hope you all can give me a clear idea if what I am describing is normal behavior or not?

    submitted by /u/CheunNL
    [link] [comments]

    There is a PINK color spot on my screen (Macbook pro 13 2017) which is only visible on dark backgrounds. Any fix for that ?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 07:14 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel