• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 25, 2020

    iPad Keyboard and Mouse gaming support coming in iPadOS 14!

    iPad Keyboard and Mouse gaming support coming in iPadOS 14!


    Keyboard and Mouse gaming support coming in iPadOS 14!

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 07:44 AM PDT

    Can believe that the iPad Air 2 is getting iPadOS 14

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 06:50 AM PDT

    The iPad Air 2 started on iOS 8 and now is getting a 7th year of support from Apple which is incredible. Still runes well surprisingly.

    submitted by /u/alext004
    [link] [comments]

    iPadOS 14’s Safari should also get extensions and the ability to set a homepage.

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 04:52 PM PDT

    I know some Mac users are upset that MacOS Big Sur looks like iOS, but personally, I'd love it if iPadOS looked and functioned exactly like that. Obviously, that isn't possible (for now), but I feel like Big Sur's Safari updates are something we could have. Last year, they made a big deal of iPadOS having a "desktop-class" browser. Shouldn't that mean our Safari is the same as the one found on Macs? Maybe this is a feature coming to iPadOS that they didn't mention?

    submitted by /u/clairemct
    [link] [comments]

    Tips on using iPad as my main work device?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 03:10 AM PDT

    I just picked up my first ipad and plan to use it as my main work device. I do have a laptop but i wanna see what i can do with the added portability of a tablet. I'm looking for tips, shortcut suggestions, accessories, or any recommendations in general as i'm new to the ipad and tablets in general.

    submitted by /u/fireworksinthebrain
    [link] [comments]

    What I wanted for iPad OS 14, I am not very good at designing UI's so this might not be the best looking concept I apologize.

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 01:03 PM PDT

    Which do you prefer for iPad: Magic Mouse or Magic Trackpad?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 10:32 AM PDT

    I'm going on a vacation in a couple weeks, and I want to use my iPad Pro (1st gen 11 inch) to work remotely. I'll be using TeamViewer, Safari, and Numbers a lot, so I want to try out using a cursor to make things a little easier. I have one of the first generation Bluetooth trackpads that I tested on my iPad, but it doesn't get some of the scrolling or gesture features since it's so old.

    Im leaning toward getting a new Magic trackpad for a few reasons, including easier charging and the fact that the gestures probably most resemble what i already do on the iPads screen. But the Magic Mouse is cheaper, with mostly the same features. I'm wondering what other people prefer using. Are there things that the trackpad can do that the mouse can't, or vice versa?

    submitted by /u/Rettun1
    [link] [comments]

    Sidecar touch not working, only scrolling. I fixed the firewall issue, but it’s still not working.

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 07:46 AM PDT

    looking for tips for android and iPad

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 07:33 AM PDT

    So you probably have hard people ask this a million times but I am gonna ask again. People who use Android Phones and an iPad, what tricks do you use to make your experience better? I am already using the google suite and Android messages "app" trick to get my messages but I wanna do more any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/OverratedOreo
    [link] [comments]

    Adapter question

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 10:06 AM PDT

    I finally ditched my archaic iPad 3 yesterday for a new iPad Air 3. I am loving it so far, but I have a question about my old iPad adapters. I know that I have a USB-A to 30 Pin adapter somewhere, and I also have a 30 Pin to Lightning adapter.

    So, my question is this: If I connect my USB to 30 pin and 30 pin to lightning, will I be able to attach something like an external drive to my new iPad and expect it to work? I won't spend the time digging out old accessories if I just need to buy a new one anyway.

    Thanks reddit!

    submitted by /u/McLovin_44
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone with experience with 24/7 on time impact on an iPad Pro 2018?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 01:49 PM PDT

    I have a need to leave my 2018 iPad Pro 12.9 on 24/7. Does anyone have any experience with how this might impact the long term life of the iPad? I also have to have it on maximum brightness.

    submitted by /u/MSSurface_102
    [link] [comments]

    is it possible to repair a bent ipad at home?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 01:21 PM PDT

    hi sorry if this is the wrong sub!

    someone sat on my gfs ipad and now it's curved significantly. she's getting a new one so she might give me the old one, i want to use it for digital art so i want to flatten it.

    she flattened it partially by putting some textbooks on it overnight. also it works perfectly despite the bend.

    my plan would be to put it on a textbook and then stack even more textbooks and other semi heavy items and leave it for a few days.

    has anyone done this successfully or can give me advice?

    submitted by /u/cemeterydrives
    [link] [comments]

    Boot iPad with macOS Big Slur once we pwn DFU like Checkra1n?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 01:41 AM PDT

    So macOS now supports Apple's silicon. And the Dev kit is literally the iPad Pro's processor.

    If we in the future are able to find a 0day in DFU for the A12Z as well, technically speaking won't we be able to boot the iPad in macOS Big Sur?

    People keep saying that iPadOS will eventually become the future of Apple's Computing OS. But until such time should we technically be able to boot macOS in the iPad?

    submitted by /u/TechGeek777
    [link] [comments]

    Dumb Photos app question

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 09:54 AM PDT

    Potentially dumb question incoming.

    Is there a way to have a local album in the photos app that is not synced to iCloud? Basically I have a folder of photos that is my photography portfolio, but if I put it on my iPad it'll use up all of my iCloud storage space, and it's not something I need synced. I still want iCloud syncing on in general for random captures, screenshots, etc that I take with the iPad itself, so I'd rather the answer not be simply turning off iCloud photo syncing.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/motorboat_mcgee
    [link] [comments]

    What are some neat things that you can do on iPad that you can't do on any other tech.

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 08:01 PM PDT

    Such as, they are only things that an iPad can do.

    submitted by /u/bleaksomber
    [link] [comments]

    Any QI wireless charging pads that go inside your case with a Lightning port and a magnetic cable connection.

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 02:11 PM PDT

    I have an iPad Air 2 and I want to be able to both wirelessly and wired charge it without the hassle of removing the wireless dongle every time, is there a cable to do this.

    submitted by /u/TheRealSgreninja
    [link] [comments]

    Dilemma that I don’t think has an answer.

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 02:10 PM PDT

    I'm looking for a keyboard for an iPad Pro 11 inch 2020. I really don't want it being Bluetooth as pairing is a pain after a while especially with the smart connector. The Apple folio keyboard has the connector and is slim, 2 great bonuses but it doesn't have shortcuts and has little key travel. This is why I like the Logitech folio keyboard, it connects through the connectors and has the shortcuts except it wobbles when drawn on, which I'll need a lot soon. Any help would be great, I'd like a keyboard I can draw on that is quick and easy to use as a keyboard too. I don't think there is an answer but that's why I've come here.

    Tl;dr I need a keyboard case for the iPad Pro with smart connect that doesn't wobble when drawn on.

    submitted by /u/UnderstatedArchie
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the best way to keep as much as my battery for a long time without lowering and disabling stuff

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 09:17 AM PDT

    My IPads always had a battery problem which annoys me because the point of an IPad is like the in between of a laptop and a mobile device. So usually I will lower the brightness and disable and enable stuff to lower the battery usage but if I'm working in the middle of the day its pretty annoying trying to see the screen. Does anyone have any suggestions to help?

    submitted by /u/SilentStorm783
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else disappointed that we’re stuck with the same multitasking for at least another year?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 07:56 PM PDT

    My biggest wishlist was for improved multitasking on iPad. Ie, letting you slide over from the left, vertical split-spleen, right clicking on an icon in the dock to choose size etc..

    submitted by /u/cozy_catastrophe
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know of any iPad Mini (5th Gen) Keyboard & Mouse combo covers ?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 12:11 PM PDT

    I am looking into getting an iPad mini for work, I have a lot of time on my hands during shifts and the mini seems the ideal size for me. On my laptop I use a lot of streaming sites, when I do this on my phone the pop ups are insane and a hassle to get rid off, so was wondering if their was a combo keyboard and mouse out there for easy navigating while browsing the web. I have larger fingers that are not so nimble so would be good if I could get something easy to browse as the main appeal about the mini is the size as I cannot carry bulky items with me.

    submitted by /u/EclecticallySound
    [link] [comments]

    So no Final Cut Pro or Xcode for iPad?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 05:53 AM PDT

    I remember seeing many posts in this subreddit about Final Cut Pro, Xcode and other "pro" software arrival for iPad Pro.

    Was that misinformation due to apple's attempt of transitioning from Intel to Apple Silicon CPUs in their MacBook lineup?

    submitted by /u/channa_e
    [link] [comments]

    Best than iPadOS 14 / shiftscreen app now have two desktops and YouTube player. Now the iPad feels more pro

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 10:32 PM PDT

    Im looking for an app which does a similar thing to windows task manager.

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 02:31 AM PDT

    Very new to the ipad game. I hope this doesn't count as a tech support question.

    Im looking for an app which will let me see what my ipad is doing behind the scenes, so i can do basic trouble shooting. Or another tool which might serve a similar purpose?

    Say for example a website or app is hanging, something i could use to monitor all the networking or processing my ipad is doing would be really useful.

    Thanks if anyone can help x

    submitted by /u/lukub5
    [link] [comments]

    What's the best way to use an iPad 4 for streaming music?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 08:23 AM PDT

    I just bought myself a second hand iPad 4, which I was intending to use for everyday stuff around the house. Browsing, reading books and comics, and also for streaming or controlling music. I have a set up with a NAS, which I can access from my device and also I have a Chromecast audio which I can use.

    What is the best way to set this up, where I would ideally use the iPad as a remote, and I also would like to have a visual interface of the music on the NAS.

    Edit, I think I should mention I'm entirely new to Apple as I have been an avid android user up till now.

    submitted by /u/sinadoh
    [link] [comments]

    Smart Keyboard — what's your experience so far? Regrets? Wish you could buy/could've bought a different one?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 07:59 PM PDT

    I'm looking into buying a keyboard late next year after saving up (not for a Pro) and I'm honestly not too satisfied with Apple's Smart Keyboard because of its price and the fact that it offers no back protection at all. I'm sure there are other keyboards better and highly comparable to it and I've been eyeing Logitech's Keys-to-Go until this one review lol.

    Anyway, I would appreciate your personal reviews and opinions regarding the Smart Keyboard in any aspect, and whether it's worth it to invest on it or not (I just really don't like how it closes and leaves the back naked). I also apologize if a post like this has already been made.

    Thank you very much :)

    submitted by /u/wraithcar
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel