• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 9, 2020

    Apple Help iPhone 8 back camera appears to have a dark dot on it. Any easy ways to get rid of this? Am on vacation and want to take good photos! Thanks heaps

    Apple Help iPhone 8 back camera appears to have a dark dot on it. Any easy ways to get rid of this? Am on vacation and want to take good photos! Thanks heaps


    iPhone 8 back camera appears to have a dark dot on it. Any easy ways to get rid of this? Am on vacation and want to take good photos! Thanks heaps

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 06:13 PM PST

    Stretched profile photo in Security Code Autofill

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 06:28 PM PST

    Half of iPhone 7 touchscreen works after dropped (More info in comments)

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 02:18 PM PST

    How to move a large iPhoto Library from a hard drive into Google Photos

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 09:10 PM PST

    I have iPhotos library (30 GB) on an external hard drive. I want to put all the photos into Google Photos.

    I don't have 30 GB of space on my laptop.

    Any tips? Thank you so much for taking the time to help me!

    submitted by /u/william_sr
    [link] [comments]

    Gaining access to an old iPhone that says “Disabled”

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 09:55 PM PST

    It's an old iPhone model that predates the iphone 5 as well as the lightning cable. how would one go about un-disabling the phone without knowing its password, or itunes info?

    i might know some potential security answers on itunes but that's about it

    is the only way to regain access to it to wipe all the data on it or something?

    submitted by /u/Water-Temple
    [link] [comments]

    Frustrated and hoping you can help...

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 08:23 PM PST

    Hi Apple Friends,

    I apologize if this reads poorly, but I'm a bit frustrated and, no doubt, grumpy, but here goes:

    I bought one of the 13" MacBook Pros (mid-2012 model, no retina screen) when I was at university, and I've been using it as my primary system for the past seven years. I really have been fortunate with this machine in many ways. Over the years I've made the following modifications:

    • swapped out HDD for SSD
    • popped in 16 GB of RAM

    Unfortunately, I've also had to make a number of repairs. These include:

    • SATA cable replacement x 3
    • Thermal paste replacement
    • Keyboard x 2

    Recently, I've had a couple additional problems with the machine and now must replace the following:

    • Battery (first time in seven years I've needed to replace it — current one has 1,300+ cycles and still going fine, but I'm getting message to replace soon, which may be related to the battery sensor)
    • Battery sensor/indicator cable (I tore this when I wasn't paying enough attention during a repair [I know, my bad])
    • Microphone and cable (gave out on me recently)
    • SATA cable (fourth time I'm replacing it)
    • iSight camera cable (just broke this evening as I was preparing to install new parts)

    So, basically I'm at an impasse: I could (1) install these replacement parts and go for replacing an iSight setup, which would involve opening up the display and potentially lead me to future damage; (2) buy a new display for like $200 and swap out the old one; (3) buy an external webcam and try to deal with that; or (4) suck it up and get a new laptop.

    My plan was to wait until the MacBook Pro 13" model with the new keyboard became available (for obvious reasons). But I'm looking at sinking a pretty decent chunk of money into my machine to keep it going, and I'm wondering if this isn't a sign to just upgrade and let it die. I love my little buddy, and it's served me well for the past seven years, so I'm a bit reluctant to jump ship.

    Any suggestions or recommendations would be welcomed. Thanks for reading my long post!

    submitted by /u/EisigEyes
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use my chargers serial number to check if it is genuine?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 11:20 PM PST

    I bought an 18 Watt charger from eBay. I typed my serial number onto the Apple website by the warranty section and it said no device has that serial number. Does this mean my charger is fake?

    submitted by /u/Skortcher101
    [link] [comments]

    New AirPods 2 With Wireless Charger fake 2020 model?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 11:12 PM PST

    Hi,

    So I just bought earlier an AirPods 2 With Wireless Charger from a person. I got for $170CAD but I have my suspicions that it's a fake. My list of suspicions:

    First, the instructions inside the box, it only contains a single piece of paper and I am sure this is not Apple-level quality of instructions. As I owned three iPhones and MacBook Pro.

    Secondly, the serial number from the box. When I tried putting the serial number on Apple's website, it says there's still a warranty on it so that was my main factor that I pulled this deal. But the same serial number didn't matched the serial number inside the wireless charger.

    Third, the quality of the box too, it has spelling errors (I know, I should've meticulously check the box) but again, the serial number. Also, there are words from Brazil.

    Pictures of the instructions and box.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/VJe8Btd

    Fourth, the sound quality. I know I am not an audiophile but still my ears aren't that bad. It sounds like a $10 headphone from 711. And it has almost 1 second delay.

    Fifth, I can't reset the AirPods. No matter how long I press the back button it will just show the white light and no orange light to indicate it was reseted.

    Sixth, the wireless charger doesn't work on my Qi charger.

    Seventh, shouldn't it be automatically registers on my Apple ID?

    However, there are few things that really throw me off here.

    The seamless connection of the AirPods to my phone. It is so good that I can say it is like from every video I watched on Youtube that unboxes their AirPods and connects to their phones.

    Also the AirPods can be detected by Find My app. Play Sound does also work and my address shows as well.

    Can someone confirm this is fake? Because I know for myself this is a fake. And can I tell Apple about that serial number? So that it can be blocked so it can't be used again by someone. I don't anyone to be scammed like me.

    Edit: For the picture

    submitted by /u/Leonhaerdt
    [link] [comments]

    is macbookpro warranty automatically activated?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 11:08 PM PST

    When I buy macbook pro, is the apple care activated on the day I buy it or when I turn it on and it's done automatically?

    submitted by /u/loxat86635
    [link] [comments]

    Remotely disabling find my iPhone from an iPhone SE and restoring it afterwards. Need some help to see if I'm doing it right.

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 10:54 PM PST

    Hey everyone

    An iPhone SE I purchased turned out to be activation locked. I've managed to contact the seller and they agreed to disable it via icloud.

    I never knew you could disable find my iPhone remotely until recently and it's been a while since I've used anything apple, so I'm unfamiliar with the process. Right now the phone is turned off. After it has been removed from their account, will the setup allow me to input my own details the next time I turn it on?

    submitted by /u/Eternal-Strife
    [link] [comments]

    that loading icon appears from nowhere while using computer. It won't let me do anything and freezes the whole computer but the icon still keeps "loading". Someone with the same problem? Thanks in advance

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 10:50 PM PST

    I'm having issues verifying my brother's account.

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 10:41 PM PST

    im a little in over my head right now - cant seem to figure out what this is or how to get rid of it, but i said to my friend id fix it for her. anyone know what it is or how to get it away? uncertain specs, if needed i can get that information but i hope its universal despite its osx / make & model

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 02:42 AM PST

    This keeps happening everytime I try to update my mb Pro 2013 to Catalina, anyone know how to fix or stop this from happening?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 04:29 PM PST

    Who is behind the wheel? Can someone please give me a simple and logical reason why the “wheel” group has made its way back onto my computer. I did not create this group. Its not “system”. Thanks in advance.

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 09:44 PM PST

    Only one AirPod connects at a time

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 09:38 PM PST

    My AirPods have the strangest issue where only one will connect. The strangest thing is that it is a different one every time. Sometimes the right one will connect and not the left one, and sometimes the left will connect and not the right. I've tried forgetting them in settings and pairing with them again, but nothing seems to work. Anybody know how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/donkeycowfanaccount
    [link] [comments]

    Screen time not working on my son’s phone (family sharing is on) and here’s some more title to make it more descriptive so it quits getting deleted.

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 09:03 PM PST

    Screen time help

    I have a 7 plus, and my sons each have a 7. We all have the most up to date iOS. Since the 1st of January, I have not been able to get my screen time settings I have set up for my 10yo son's phone to apply to his phone. My screen time data for his phone won't refresh, and the little loading circle just keeps spinning and spinning on my phone. On HIS phone, all his screen time settings have vanished, and he is free to do whatever, whenever he wants. I don't even get requests for app downloads from him anymore (he is still having to request permission though, and his dad's phone can grant it, but not mine, even tho I am the family share head). My 13yo son's screen time settings are still working.

    Things I have tried: Turning his phone off and back on. Turning my phone off and back on. Turning off screen time for him on my phone, then turning it back on. Hard restarts of both phones. Double checking that he is still showing as part of our family on both mine and his phone. Double checking that he hasn't changed his Apple ID somehow, and just named his phone the same so I didn't notice.

    Any other ideas?

    I have set up screen time directly on his phone for now, but I need to be able to grant screen time extensions and app download requests with my phone, which won't work right now because of this issue. 😤

    Help me r/applehelp Kenobis. You're my only hope.

    submitted by /u/xobibble
    [link] [comments]

    [AirPods] What do the '!' means? Have anyone experienced this before? (Details in comments)

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 07:05 PM PST

    No camera permissions showing up

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 06:43 PM PST

    (I don't know if I should've posted this in a subreddit about the game, or here) When I try to play Five Nights at Freddy's: Special Delivery (the AR game), it asks me to check my camera settings, and then sends me to the settings page for it, but there is no option to enable camera access. Also I should clarify, it's a XR running iOS 13.3 that has this issue

    submitted by /u/techgeek234
    [link] [comments]

    Should I buy the iPhone XS in 2020?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 06:42 PM PST

    Hey guys, is the iPhone XS worth buying now? I could buy new new ones but I hate the size of the 11 and the camera set up of the 11 Pro, so I'm really interested in the XS. Also, how's the battery life, especially after more than a year of use. Thanks for any help.

    submitted by /u/Studentatuni
    [link] [comments]

    I need help keeping my AirPod Pros seated in my ear. Any aftermarket ear tips available?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 05:59 PM PST

    Does anyone know if there have been an aftermarket set of tips for the Airpod Pro's created yet? None of the sizes that came with the Pros really sit well with me. I'm more used to an in-ear earpiece sitting deeper in the canal for noise isolation and generally for keeping it set (mostly using these at the gym), and I find that I spend more time fiddling with the left ear to get it to stay than I'd like. It also won't seal correctly so I always get a bit of background sound with it in, even with the noise isolation mode active.

    I've yet to get a green check on the earbud test for either ear, for any of the tips in the package. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/agustusmanningcocke
    [link] [comments]

    AirPods Pro 3rd Party return, refund, help.

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 05:47 PM PST

    Hi, I was given AirPods Pro by a family member for Christmas, purchased at the end of Nov 2019 from a big local electrical store. After about 7 days use I have discovered that they are extremely uncomfortable and attempted to get a refund from the electrical store, however they are not accepting it as the box has been opened. Considering going to Apple and complaining it's not suitable for me, after having seen a pair of Bose headphones for 30 more than the AirPods Pro, I am also considering asking for an exchange and paying extra. Does anyone know if Apple are helpful with customer grievances when purchased from a 3rd party, extremely stressed as I don't want the value to go to waste. Can anyone offer any help?

    submitted by /u/bennatic99
    [link] [comments]

    I need help trying to figure out how to upload my videos to iCloud.

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 05:33 PM PST

    I have finally decided to try to upload my photos & videos to iCloud. I thought it was going to be an easy process but it has not been because I keep running into issues. These are the things I've done so far...
    I have my old iPhone 5 with pics / vids from that phone & it also has my pics / vids from my old iPhone 6.
    My first plan was to turn on iCloud Photos on the 5 & have it just upload everything. However, after a few hours it didn't seem to upload anything. Which brings up the question... Does it only upload during a certain time & does the phone have to stay plugged in?
    My second step was to upload it through my PC using the iCloud photo app. That worked until it seemed to have gotten stuck uploading or just didn't bother to finish uploading the rest.
    My third step was to upload through the iCloud website & that was going well until I needed to upload some videos. Whenever I tried to, it says it only supports JPEG files. So, as a test I uploaded a video to iCloud Drive to see if I could then move it to my Photos but I couldn't find a way how. Is that something you can't do?

    I checked the file type on two different videos & they were .MOV & .MP4. Most of my videos are saved videos from my Snapchat, screen recordings, & a couple shot from the iPhone camera.

    What can I do to get my videos into iCloud?
    The only other thing I can think of is to upload all the photos from my old 5, 6, & X through the website. After that, I'll delete all the photos from one of the phones, Airdrop all the videos to one phone, & then turn on iCloud Photos & hope it can upload them. There has to be an easier way though.

    submitted by /u/AlanGszn
    [link] [comments]

    AirPods Pro Seal Stopped Working

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 05:08 PM PST

    I got a pair of AirPods Pro yesterday and the seal worked great on both ears but today the seal is gone. Sometimes it seals on the right but the left seal is completely gone. I have tried all the tips and still getting the same results. Anyone else having this issue?

    submitted by /u/Spiritually-Fit
    [link] [comments]

    After opening a page I got this on my calendar... help?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 05:02 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel