• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 3, 2019

    Apple TV “Play x on y room tv” is underrated

    Apple TV “Play x on y room tv” is underrated


    “Play x on y room tv” is underrated

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 12:50 PM PST

    With ios13, As long as it's in the tv app, you can say this on phone or the HomePod and it will turn on the tv and start playing. It's massively underrated. Posting this so people know this use case.

    Great for when the kids want to watch something specific without spending 5 mins sifting through a zillion icons.

    Bonus: you can also now turn off tvs by voice too.

    EDIT: I think I am wrong about the homepod for video (it does play music on the apple tv), but it works with video on phone

    submitted by /u/FickleLife
    [link] [comments]

    So this happens annoyingly a lot. I finish whatever episode I’m on, and then it auto plays season 1 episode 1, and now there’s no “more episodes” button below the “resume” button. Why the fuck does this happen?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 11:06 PM PST

    Can I use my parents cable provider

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 05:43 PM PST

    Am I able to use my parents fios info for some of the streaming apps or does it block access with my IPS address?

    submitted by /u/86thecake
    [link] [comments]

    Prime Video App sending me back to Home Screen when selected. Anyone else experiencing?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 08:09 PM PST

    Hello, all.

    Whenever I select the Prime Video app on my Apple tv (ATV 4) it seems to...crash? It certainly exits out and send me back to the home menu, and when I select it again it works without a hitch.

    Anyone else experience this? Anyway to fix it? Is the Prime Video app known to be glitchy? Tbh it doesn't perform amazingly, but gets the job done.

    ATV is up to date, btw.

    Thank you for your time. Peace. ✌️

    submitted by /u/Redwingfanatic
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV users

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 03:45 PM PST

    As far as I can tell from my experience on an Apple TV with 3 different users I don't understand what's really the point of it. If only you could have customized home screens were user "one" displays it's apps one way and user "two" other way, personalized. Isn't that the hole point of having the ability of switching between them? Am I missing on something?...

    submitted by /u/norbertovianaeloy
    [link] [comments]

    Vizio P Series Quantum X - Dolby Vision

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 10:16 AM PST

    PX75-G1

    I have not been able to get Dolby Vision content to look right on this TV since the latest firmware update. The colors do not look right to me and it seems too dark. If I disable Dolby Vision and play the same content in HDR10 using the 'Standard' picture setting it looks really good. I had the TV calibrated by Best Buy a couple of weeks ago. The calibration that was done works well for SDR content, but it is too dark for HDR10, Dolby Vision, or HDR10+.

    Also, if I watch the same content on an iPhone XS Max, which supports Dolby Vision, it looks right. The details can be seen. It is not too dark.

    I have been testing with Our Planet on Netflix, Star Wars - A New Hope &; Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2 on Disney + using an Apple TV 4K & Nvidia Shield TV 2019, all of which look good using HDR10 on the Standard picture setting. If I enable Dolby Vision on the Shield TV they are all too dark. Similar results with an Apple TV 4k.

    I would like to get Dolby Vision to look right because it is supposed to be the superior format. Does anyone have any suggestions?

    Dolby Vision

    HDR10 with Standard picture mode

    Dolby Vision looks fine played using the TVs built in Netflix app. The dark Dolby Vision only happens from devices connected to the HDMI ports. I have tried changing the settings on the external devices (Shield TV Pro 2019, Apple TV 4k) chroma, HDMI output, etc. nothing that I have tried resolves this.

    Also, Dolby Vision looks good using a Sony UBP-X700 Blu-Ray player, both from a disc and the Netflix app on it.

    Has anyone been able to use an Apple TV 4k or Nvidia Shield TV Pro with the Vizio PX75-G1 and stream Dolby Vision content from those devices without it being too dark to watch?

    submitted by /u/lutzor75
    [link] [comments]

    APPLE TV4K has audio bugs!

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 09:30 PM PST

    For those of you who consider yourself audiophiles or audio enthusiast, and are running your Apple TV in 4K HDR with Dolby atmos there is an audio issue with the Apple TV. Faint audio pops can be heard across multiple content when both HDR and atmos enabled, I'm not talking about sound bar people, you probably won't hear it there lol.

    I've tried this on multiple set ups with multiple cables with gigabit internet, all yielding the same results. It's driving nuts!

    I tested my buddies Apple TV on my set up and still had the same results. We even went out and bought an Onkyo receiver a TX-NR797 it produced the exact same results. So I know there isn't an issue with my receiver specifically which is the Pioneer VSX-LX504. I run my Apple TV through my receiver then to my TV which is a 75" Sony 900e.

    The issue only happens when I'm running in atmos and matching HDR content is turned on. If I run on 5.1, the audio bug disappears, or if I Run in atmos and turn off HDR the audio bug disappears. I have booked marked the morning show at 4:50 mark for reference in testing. Faint static like pops can be heard on the high pitches of the music/sound effects from the left surround... I've also have the same kind of audio pops happen with the movie "It" at 3:55 mark from my other channels. It happens in other content too including Netflix but I don't have those shows bookmarked. I've ruled out cables as I've tried 3 different manufactures and I'm now using the Apple recommended belkin cables that support up to 8k.

    My buddy just ran this on his B&W atmos Set up he's got a Mirantz processor Av8805 and 2 amplifiers the Mm8077 and the Mm7055. He got the exact same popping... this might not be something a lot of people will notice but once you do you can't Unhear it. I've been on the phone with Apple the past couple weeks trying to eliminate variables but I can now conclusively say it's not my receiver, speakers, cables or even my TV. It's the Apple TV. Apple needs to fix this!

    submitted by /u/Paranimal
    [link] [comments]

    How do I know it’s outputting in 4K?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 08:14 PM PST

    So I have my AppleTV set to display 1080 SDR and to match frame rate and range. HDMI Output is YcbCr. I'm watching The Expanse on Prime Video, and I've verified I'm watching the 4K version.

    My LG OLED TV only shows it as outputting at 1080. Is there any way to verify it's actually showing 4K? Or do I have to change it to Dolby Vision and deal with the black screen changes?

    submitted by /u/UKFan643
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV Atmos issue?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 12:21 PM PST

    Current setup is using a Sony STR-DH790 audio receiver and an Apple 4K tv with a Vizio V655-G9. While pressing the Info button on my remote, the Resolution lists 2160 Dolby Vision and Stereo instead of Atmos. The receiver says Atmos, but you can definitely tell Atmos is not working properly as the rear speakers aren't on during Atmos enabled movies. This issue has been happening for the past day.

    While switching to Vizio Smartcast, checking the Info button on the Vizio remote, the display lists 2160 Dolby Vision, Atmos (device).

    Any reason why Atmos is suddenly turned off while using the Apple TV 4K? HDMI 1 ARC tv is going into receiver. HDMI receiver cord is going into mediabox into Apple tv 4k.

    submitted by /u/Levrion
    [link] [comments]

    New MBP 16 fails to wake LG monitor after sleep

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 07:09 PM PST

    I replaced a 2018 MBP 15 with a new 16" and connected it to the same external monitor as before. A single usb-c cable powers the MBP, provides wired ethernet and sends video feed to the LG. With the 15" the LG display wakes fine along with the MBP. Now with the new 16", waking the MBP leaves the LG display black. Only removing the usb-c cable and re-connecting it causes it to wake. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/shorecoder
    [link] [comments]

    Best Cyber Monday 4K & 8K TV Deals 2019

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 09:55 AM PST

    Watch Now suddenly went back in time approx 1 month....

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 06:26 PM PST

    All viewed status are about a month behind and every program I've added in the last month is straight gone from the list.

    This ever happen to anyone else? Any know fix?

    Oh. Latest Beta.

    submitted by /u/olddicklemon72
    [link] [comments]

    AppleTV 4k or Fire Stick 4k

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 05:47 PM PST

    I just ordered an AppleTV 4k but I just noticed that Amazon has cut their price in half for the 4k firestick ($25). I am heavily invested in the apple ecosystem but as a college student I want to know if it really is worth $150 more for QoL improvements or if I should cancel my Apple order and go with the Amazon.

    My entire use will be Netflix, Hulu, AppleTV and Disney +. I heard that both AppleTV and Disney + are now supported on Fire Sticks.

    submitted by /u/doublericenoveggies
    [link] [comments]

    tvos 13.2 and watched/unwatched

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 01:23 PM PST

    I just upgraded my apple tv from gen 2 and i'm not seeing any blue bubbles or indications of watched/unmatched from my shared library. Am i missing something or did they remove that?

    submitted by /u/mike1373
    [link] [comments]

    Is it still worth getting an Apple TV 4K?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 04:59 PM PST

    1. I have an Apple TV 4th gen from 2015. I didn't buy an Apple TV 4K when it came out because I didn't have a 4K TV at the time. I recently bought an LG OLED, so I've been thinking about getting a new Apple TV, but given that the 4K is over 2 years old, I figured I'd wait for an updated model.
    2. No updated model was announced in the September event or at the Dec 2nd non-event today, so it doesn't seem like a new model is in the immediate future. Is it still worth buying an Apple TV 4K, and if so, should I go 32GB or 64GB?
    3. How's HomePod support? I have 2 HomePods I use for music, but I'd love to be able to use them for TV watching. I know there's no native HomePod support, but how does it actually work in practice? Is the volume sufficient? How's the sound quality? Will it be an improvement over the built-in speakers in my LG C8 (which actually has pretty good sound by built-in TV speaker standards)?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/heyyoudvd
    [link] [comments]

    Does Popcorn Trivia work for anyone else?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 03:40 PM PST

    I'm stuck on "connecting"

    submitted by /u/modcaleb
    [link] [comments]

    PS4 Controller Joystick Drift

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 02:47 PM PST

    Has anyone else experienced joystick drift on the Apple TV using a PS4 controller? This happens both while using apps (mostly noticed using Apple Arcade) as well as while on the home screen. Thanks for any input!

    submitted by /u/mehringe
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV turns off receiver but not Vizio TV. Possible CEC issue?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 02:07 PM PST

    Hey all! I've been searching through this subreddit to find an answer but I've had no luck. I've been having an issue for the past few months with my Apple TV 4K turning off my receiver but not my actual TV when putting it to sleep. I have a feeling this may not be an actual Apple TV issue and more a CEC or TV issue.

    Does anyone know if there is a solution for this? It's driving me a bit crazy haha. Other than that, Apple TV is a beast as always. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/eiffeltyler
    [link] [comments]

    [Q] Anyone else having inconsistencies between devices on their TV App?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 02:06 PM PST

    I spent a really long time a week or so ago marking purchased movies as watched and adding shows and documentaries to Up Next to make the most of the app moving forward.

    I have noticed that many things I marked as watched continue to show up in Up Next and that my choices only sync across devices sometimes - even unsynincg from time to time

    Does anyone else have this issue?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/forzanapoli87
    [link] [comments]

    Turning off subtitles

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 01:29 PM PST

    Is there a permanent way of turning off subtitles on AppleTV?

    They literally come on every single time I change what I'm watching.

    submitted by /u/JWBurns
    [link] [comments]

    Watch history in header?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 01:09 PM PST

    Prior to the last TVOS update user watch history was listed in the header on the Apple TV's homepage. It's since been replaced by "previews". I thought I had heard this is changing again? It is only in the Beta or is there a setting to change?

    submitted by /u/junger128
    [link] [comments]

    bought a new iPhone which came with the free 1-year AppleTV+ offer.... if I create a new AppleID for the phone, can I still use that new AppleID to log in to my Apple TV 4K(which is logged in with my existing Apple ID) to get the free 1-year AppleTV+ service?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 01:06 PM PST

    bought a new iPhone which came with the free 1-year AppleTV+ offer....

    if I create a new AppleID for the phone, can I still use that new AppleID to log in to my Apple TV 4K(which is logged in with my existing Apple ID) to get the free 1-year AppleTV+ service?

    I actually bought 3 iPhones.... but I can't get 3 free years of free AppleTV+ service, right?

    submitted by /u/OnePlinko
    [link] [comments]

    Setup Question re: Dolby Vision

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 08:09 AM PST

    I'm new to 4K, so forgive me if this is a bit of a noob thing. I've searched and searched and can't seem to find anything on my specific use case/setup.

    My situation is that I'm getting a new 4K TV at the end of the week. Woo! The TV supports Dolby Vision. I have an Apple TV 4K and made sure to get 18Gbps cables that allege they can carry Dolby Vision signal.

    The wrinkle is that I have a soundbar (a Sony HT-CT790) that supports HDR but not Dolby Vision. Replacing it is not an option at the moment.

    In order to benefit from the Dolby Vision picture (any really high-end sound stuff is not a priority, hence the soundbar) I was thinking of connecting the Apple TV to the television, and sound out to the soundbar using ARC. I would like to do this to take advantage of HDMI-CEC. I have some questions:

    1. Will this allow Dolby Vision to work, or, does any non-DV device anywhere in the setup prevent it?

    2. Searching suggests that this set up (ATV right into the TV, not into the soundbar), if it will even work with DV, may cause some audio sync issues. Is that something I might encounter?

    I thank you in advance for any help. I am trying to figure all of this out!

    submitted by /u/ThisNameIsHilarious
    [link] [comments]

    Offline Viewing apple tv plus content

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 08:08 AM PST

    I do not have internet at my home, i use my phone for regular internet consumption. Can i download apple tv plus content to my apple tv 4k(@ friends place) and watch it later at my home?

    submitted by /u/aaiiyyoo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel