• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 3, 2019

    Apple Macbook Does anyone else have this problem? Help needed

    Apple Macbook Does anyone else have this problem? Help needed


    Does anyone else have this problem? Help needed

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 01:07 PM PST

    Screen flashing when scrolling

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 10:19 PM PST

    I have this issue since the first day i opened my macbook pro 2018. Its the 15inch model.

    I notice an annoying flash on the screen especially while scrolling in safari. sometimes in other apps also.

    i have taken no action to take it to fix it initially as i thought that might be fixed with an update or something but after a year of using my macbook and a number of updates(large and small) i still have this issue.

    Anyone having the same issue?

    submitted by /u/yhadji
    [link] [comments]

    Pro vs Air Purchases Help Needes

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 10:11 PM PST

    Hi, I am about to buy a Macbook but cannot decide which one to buy. They are the same price at 999 at Costco. The pro has a Quad-core Intel® Core™ i5 Processor 1.4GHz, while the Air has a 8th Gen Dual-core Intel® Core™ i5 Processor 1.6GHz. Another difference is the Air has 256 gb SSD while the Pro only contains 128 gb. I am buying this computer for college for IT or CS as my major. Please help me decide which is the better purchase

    submitted by /u/kennethlim1412
    [link] [comments]

    I'm getting nowhere near the advertised battery life

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 06:00 PM PST

    The 2019 MBA has an advertised battery life of 10 hours yet I barely get 5 using firefox. I just watched the battery drop 3% in 10 minutes while writing an email

    submitted by /u/USS_Zumwalt00
    [link] [comments]

    Got a new 2019 MacBook Air, is it normal that everything loads SO slow?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 09:25 PM PST

    First time ever MacBook user, got the 2019 MacBook on sale on Black Friday. It's 128 GB, i5. Storage left is 90gb. I'm finding it takes FOREVER to load a page, even if I just have 3 tabs open. If it's 4-5, the page will just not even load. Is this because of the low storage? Or because Safari is really slow?

    I've been excited to finally own a Mac, but this is frustrating. Only ever been a Windows user and never had this problem.

    submitted by /u/babymonster19
    [link] [comments]

    Got an error thing saying another device is using my MacBook Pro’s IP address. Should I be concerned?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 05:12 PM PST

    Pro or Air: I’m losing my mind

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 03:23 PM PST

    Black Friday shopped and bought a gold MacBook Air for $1099 - 8gb ram, 256mb storage. Didn't like the color at first but it's growing on me. Just noticed I could get the Pro, same specs (in Space Grey) for about 5 dollars more with an excellent certified open box or whatever. Difference is essentially a Touch Bar on the Pro and the Pro has a quad processor instead of dual. Is it worth it?

    I can't go any higher on storage — just lost my job (thus getting a computer for myself). So it's one of the two.

    I'm not a gamer. I browse the internet A LOT and am a copywriter for websites/blog writing etc.

    I'm losing my mind on this decision. Any help would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/nanegon
    [link] [comments]

    How can i reset this macbook

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 02:54 PM PST

    Hello Guys,

    i bought a MacBook air second hand but it seems like the guy who sold it didn't reset it for me so i still have to use the password to log in. I can't reach this guy for 2 days, so how can i reset this whole thing without knowing the password?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/sexyinthenight
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone ever seen this type of display issue?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 02:45 PM PST

    I have a 2015 12" MacBook that has had the display replaced about 3 years ago after I dropped it. Everything was fine until about a year ago when the backlight started to look like this 85% of the time.

    Fast forward to now, I have a new issue that I've never seen! The display shows stuff from from previously opened tabs or windows. It's almost like it's translucent. I took screenshots and opened them on my phone so I could confirm that it is indeed the display.

    Pics of my display vs screenshot of screen

    I want to look into getting it fixed but I have never seen this issue so I figured I'd ask before getting a quote. This is definitely the worst Mac I've ever owned!

    Update: I restarted the computer after making this post and the issue never went away. I can still see "ghosts" of previously opened windows on the black screen with the Apple logo and on the loading screen.

    submitted by /u/wanderlotus
    [link] [comments]

    HELP EMPTIED TRASH THEN UPDATED

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 01:29 PM PST

    Hey there! I stupidly accidentally put one of my finals in the trash and then proceeded to empty the trash then proceeded to update to Catalina. Is there anyway to recover it???????? Thanks if you can help!

    submitted by /u/akpuc112
    [link] [comments]

    i got the macbook pro and it's problems in first minute... (Battery problem)

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 01:22 PM PST

    hi all,

    when i opened the mbp it showed like it's 100% full, and then screen went black, i didn't even see the round loading thing like on the iphones.

    and i was like (Dafuk?) ..

    i plugged in the charger and opened it again, now it was 0% battery, and in the condition side it says: check battery!

    AAND while i was typing this it went up to 19% in 20 seconds on charging...

    so this one is fricked up i guess right?

    submitted by /u/alpello
    [link] [comments]

    Best used MacBook for school within £500/$600?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 12:56 PM PST

    Looking into a 2016 12" MacBook but maybe there're better options?

    submitted by /u/axelbrant
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air 2015 13' 4GB ram in 2019? Is SSD upgrade possible?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 12:07 PM PST

    Hi, I'm thinking about buying mac like above from my old classmate but it only has 120GB drive and 4GB of ram. Is it possible to replace or even add second ssd drive to the laptop using 2,5 drive or M2?
    Also I've read that ram upgrade is rather difficult in this model so I'm wondering if this macbook will last me few years for tasks like: Photoshop + spotify + chrome and sometimes playing Minecraft with spotify?

    submitted by /u/nsrx1
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 2012 Hard Drive Failing. Yosemite Help

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 08:16 AM PST

    First things first they keypad doesn't work. I press keys and nothing happens. Other times I press any key and the volume goes all the way down and it starts typing random letters.

    • My aunt wanted me to transfer her photos from her iPhone to the MacBook Pro. I've done this before but this time it starts transferring but then gives me an error that the image cant be read on iPhoto.

    I looked for possible solutions I saw one that the space might be running out or the iPhoto library being corrupted. I checked the hard drive and she has 80GB left. I figured its a space issue, so I tried to transfer less photos but still they wouldn't go through.

    Now I went to Disk Utility and when to Verify and it gives me some red letters that the disk might be failing.

    • My first thought is get an external hard drive and backup the iTunes library and the iPhoto library (I hope it works the same as backing up the iTunes library with the music and database).

    • Or use the Time Machine and save that to the external hard drive. I'm assuming it works the same way as a System Restore for Windows.

    Back to the Disk Utility the repair button is not highlighted so I cant select it. I guess im supposed to boot the computer in recovery (safe mode in windows?). I know in windows its usually one of the F7 or F10 buttons and it boots to recovery. The thing is since the keypad doesn't work I cant use the command, control, option buttons. Or I don't know how to boot to that safe mode on the MacBook. Is there any way I can restart the computer directly into recovery mode without pressing any of the buttons? Or access any recovery options while the MacBook is on?

    • Now the problem is reinstalling the operating system. Lets say I am able to backup everything on the external hard drive and get a new hard drive. How do I install the operating system Yosemite? I don't think my aunt has any disks. Is it possible to download directly from the Apple website? Either way with a new hard drive how would I even begin to access the apple website and install Yosemite if there is nothing on it. I still need to go through the recovery process right? I still wouldn't be able to access that without the keypad working.

    Thanks for reading any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/PowerRangersLW
    [link] [comments]

    What are your experiences for keyboard replacement (outside of wait time)?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 11:24 AM PST

    I bought a 2017 15-inch MBP off Craigslist and it is having some sticky key issues (including non-registering shift key, I couldn't sign into my Apple ID during initial set up).

    I made a Genius Bar appointment today to see if it will fall under the Keyboard replacement program. I luckily still have my old MBA with all my files and data so I have absolutely 0 issues waiting for the repair (whether it be a few days, a week, or even month). I was wondering if people were satisfied with the repair or if they got a different feel after the repair?

    submitted by /u/shxgun
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know what the cause of this charging issue is? Tried searching and can't find anything that matches the problem exactly?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 01:52 AM PST

    Double Space Shortcut Adds Space Before Period

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 07:36 AM PST

    I have the double space to add a period shortcut enabled on my Mac running Mojave 10.14.6, but it adds a space after the final word of the sentence, before the period. This sentence is an example . Does anyone know how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/percoolator
    [link] [comments]

    Old Pro Vs. New Air

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 05:27 AM PST

    Hey all,

    I have a 2015 MBP i7 3.1ghz, 16bm ram & etc (top of the line). I just bought a new MacBook Air, (upgraded to 16bm ram), and I was very surprised to notice that my 4 year old Pro is actually, well, faster than the air. Noticeably apps are loading faster on the old Pro. Does this make sense?

    Kind of a bummer, wanted to upgrade myself the holiday (nothing wrong with my old pro, except me wanting a new one), and I didn't really want the new Pro (I hate the touchbar, and also I liked the idea of the lighter weight for the Air).

    Just curios if what I am seeing is normal or maybe the Air I have is not great?

    Thanks,

    Amit

    submitted by /u/AmitAvn
    [link] [comments]

    Adapter on Macbook Air 2013?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 02:40 AM PST

    Hello,

    I have an Macbook Air 2013. And it's true that I've always wondered about buying an adapter, especially an HDMI (or even ethernet) adapter to connect the computer to the television. The problem is that all the next MACs are on mini-USB if I don't say anything stupid. Is it worth buying one? If so, which one? Knowing that I'm afraid it's obsolete for future models. What is your opinion on this issue?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/_Rama_
    [link] [comments]

    Moving files on iCloud

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 12:11 AM PST

    hi! I have an iPad and MBP where I access the Pages app on. I'm trying to organise my documents but the drag and drop only works on the iPad but not the MBP. Anyone else with the same issue?

    this is my first MBP and I'm using OS Catalina if that helps.

    submitted by /u/ezaffaera
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel