• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 4, 2019

    Apple Macbook Couldn’t be happier

    Apple Macbook Couldn’t be happier


    Couldn’t be happier

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 10:31 AM PST

    Picked up a 2012 13 inch Macbook Pro!

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 08:19 PM PST

    Just got my first ever Mac (Macbook Air 2019). What are some must have accessories?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 06:16 PM PST

    Are cases/screen protectors worth it? I plan on using this laptop for school only as I have a desktop at home already.

    submitted by /u/Insayne1
    [link] [comments]

    Should I get Applecare plus for my Macbook Air

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 03:56 PM PST

    Hello All,

    I recently purchased a base model macbook air 2019 for about $629 out the door (I know....seriously awesome deal:). I am wondering if the $250 applecare is worth the cost with the price I paid. I plan to upgrade the laptop when they hopefully update the keyboard to the scissor switches like they did with the recently released 16inch MBP. Also, I have never needed to make an applecare claim in the past, but you never know...

    What do you all think I should do?

    Thanks is advance!

    submitted by /u/Nerdmaste
    [link] [comments]

    Mobility with Macbook pro + eGPU

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 04:47 PM PST

    Hello,

    First off, apologies if this is a noob question. I have a 2015 Macbook pro and i'm about to pull the trigger on both the Razer Core X and the Gigabyte 5700 xt gaming OC card. I will mainly be using this for 4k video editing but also some light gaming.

    One thing i'm worried about, is being able to unplug, hop into another room/go to a cafe, and when i'm back home, plug back in and start it all up instantly. Is this relatively easy to do? I won't be using bootcamp.

    If this actually does cause problems, or requires a bit of hassle, would it be a good idea to trade-in my 2015 Macbook Pro with apple for $750, and then put the $800 i'd be spending on my eGPU setup towards a stacked 2019 macbook ($3,200)?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/abenjamin
    [link] [comments]

    What's the best AdBlocker for safari?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 04:19 PM PST

    I need something equivalent to unlock origin. I tried Wipr and it still didn't do some of the things I need like blocking promoted ads in Twitter and Reddit and blocking pop up ads on streaming sites. I've tried Adguard, 1Blocker, Ghostery, and some others but the one thing they can't do like ublock is blocking those click pop up ads

    submitted by /u/USS_Zumwalt00
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone's screen wobble a bit when moving the laptop around on the table, or placing it on the table?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 07:47 PM PST

    This is with a new 16" for me. Is this meant to be "normal"? I thought the screen was meant to be stiff like a rock? This thing is too wobbly. It doesn't wobble when I type, but I still feel like the hinge should be more stronger. Did Apple just overlook the fact that they should've made a stronger hinge given that they made the screen bigger?

    Also I wonder about other models. Does your Macbook have this problem?

    Edit: See this video at 11:05-11:08 https://youtu.be/_R-UtVV9XD0?t=666. It also happens to this girl's laptop too. I wonder if its normal, or if Apple actually overlooked the hinges in their Macs?

    submitted by /u/pizzae
    [link] [comments]

    Keyboard not working

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 07:19 PM PST

    Yesterday someone spilt a bit of water all over my keyboard. I instantly cleaned it and then tipped the laptop upside down. No water came out. I got back to doing my work and everything was working fine. Now tried to log in to my laptop and when it asked for my password and I entered it, i couldn't use the 9 button, O button,L button and the dot button. I can't log into my laptop and j think my keyboard may be damaged. What should I do?

    submitted by /u/Savraj68
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I buy a *new* 2017/2018 MacBook Pro 15”?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 07:01 PM PST

    If it possible at all?

    submitted by /u/palacio_c
    [link] [comments]

    When can we expect to see the 16" Macbook show up in the refurbished Apple Store?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 07:51 PM PST

    What do you think? As soon as next month? Too soon? June?

    submitted by /u/katedances
    [link] [comments]

    Strange marks on Macbook Air screen

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 11:59 AM PST

    Strange marks on Macbook Air screen

    Today I dropped my laptop from the table while the lid was closed. When I opened the lid there were these marks on the display. They look like fingerprint but fingerprints fade away in a few second however these don't. When screen is on nothing is visible but I'm worried if something inside the display broken or is going to cause problems in future?

    https://preview.redd.it/cmh6h32q4h241.jpg?width=3024&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=4b99fe625b10de2a4ef617c3b40ac1a837468ba8

    submitted by /u/alcoholic_jackass
    [link] [comments]

    2018 MacBook Air Monitor setup question

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 03:35 PM PST

    I recently ordered a 24" monitor and looking to connect my 2018 MBA to it. I'm mainly going to use it for YouTube and school work and was wondering if a laptop cooling pad would be ideal or I'm fine with leaving it by itself when connected to the monitor?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/cdzs123
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody have a problem with the Capslock key? Macbook pro 13’ Non-Touch bar

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 02:55 PM PST

    I don't think it has anything to do with the "butterfly keyboard" problems. My problem is when I close the laptop and let's say go to bed the next day when I wake up the laptop the Capslock doesn't work.

    I have my Capslock as a hotkey to switch between languages and once I press it and it changes the language, but pressing it again does nothing. Also long pressing it to activate all caps doesn't work. The little green light on the key just flashes for a sec but that's it. And as many times I try to turn on all caps the green light will just flash but won't turn on. That's why I don't think it's the typical butterfly keyboard problem.

    If I restart the laptop the key goes back to working properly but after a while without turning off or restarting the laptop it starts all over and I need to restart again.

    Anybody else experiencing something similar?

    P.S.: I already had my keyboard replaced over some troubling keys including this one. Other buttons work normally again, but this still happens.

    submitted by /u/krstyan
    [link] [comments]

    2019 MBP - i7/5500m 8gb - Is this a good "middle ground" for future proofing a gaming/productivity laptop? Rather than a i7/5300?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 08:32 AM PST

    My 2014 MBP's touchpad died this last week and it will be $500 to fix it, so I'm back in the market for a new laptop.

    Professional I do real estate investments/development, so I'm in Microsoft excel/powerpoint/word all day. I have a work laptop for this.

    However, on the side I enjoy gaming (FPS, some single player/strategy/MMO type games historically) and pursuing passion or side-business projects. I've tried to learn coding, photo editing, and podcasting over the last few years. I'm not professionally, but am very amateur in these pursuits. However, I think it would be fun to pick up a new "creative" pursuit and I would either 1) start streaming gaming content and posting it to youtube with my friends or 2) pick up making electronic music. I want to keep this in mind for my purchase. But certainly I expect to play some games (Apex, CoD, WoW, Fortnite)

    I don't need the top of the line MBP, but I want to get an all-in-one laptop that I can be productive, game, and do any "creative" type of work on the side. I'm willing to spend up to $3,000 including AppleCare+. My 2014 MBP lasted me for years, so I want this to last 3-4 years.

    I've seen a lot of information that suggests the i7/5300 is perfectly fine for most users and gamers, EXCEPT those who do 3D animating or heavy video editing. However, for the $200 extra I could get the 5500 8gb and I haven't seen anyone mention how the i7/5500 combo is.

    If I want to future proof myself, play games, and POTENTIAL get into some light video/music editing, what should I do?

    submitted by /u/Crypto_Eagle
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook (2015) bad logic board

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 07:21 AM PST

    So here's the scoop. My 2015 Macbook has been shutting off randomly the last couple weeks and now won't turn on at all. I went to the Apple Store and was told the logic board is dead and needs to be shipped to Apple to be replaced. My biggest issue (besides the $575 they want for the repair) is that I have some important documents and photos on the hard disk and was told because the SSD is soldered to the logic board I cannot recover anything. Is this true? Is there ANY way to somehow transfer the contents of the SSD to another Macbook or possibly remove the SSD and install it elsewhere? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/amup
    [link] [comments]

    macbook (2011) yosemite won't let me adust network preferences?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 10:44 AM PST

    i'm trying to get rid of Optimum wifi as a preference because i keep auto joining it and when i go to the network preference menu it won't let me click on anything. help?

    submitted by /u/floopykid
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] Has anyone else had an issue with charging their iPhone using their Macbook Pro?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 06:32 AM PST

    Hi All,

    So i have a MacBook Pro (Retina, Late 2013) and I've noticed that lately i am unable to charge any device using Macbook. Just wanted to know if this is a software issue (Still running Mojave) or a hardware issue?

    Also whether its worth it to upgrade to a newer machine?

    Any advice is much appreciated.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/CasualVillan
    [link] [comments]

    Dropped MacBook’s charging cable in cup of water

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 06:17 AM PST

    The laptop side got wet. The other side was plugged in.

    Is it safe to use after it's dry?

    (Only the laptop's end got wet, now it's in a bowl of rice over the radiator)

    submitted by /u/qasemsa17
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro 2017 vs Macbook Air 2018 please help a clueless student out

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 01:12 AM PST

    As the title says, i need help choosing between the 256GB macbook pro 2017 june release vs the 256GB macbook air 2018 november release. My school is giving me a huge discount and I'm not really a knowledgeable person when is comes to machines so any advice would be appreciated.

    For further information, i'm an IR major so my biggest use for my laptop would be for writing essays and browsing for research. I can get the MBP by adding in just 100 dollars more so please let me know which would be a better option for me.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/colgated
    [link] [comments]

    Help any solutions

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 12:47 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel