• Breaking News

    Monday, December 2, 2019

    Apple Daily Tech Support Thread - [December 01]

    Apple Daily Tech Support Thread - [December 01]


    Daily Tech Support Thread - [December 01]

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 07:12 AM PST

    Welcome to the daily Tech Support thread for /r/Apple.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. On mobile? Here is a screenshot with our rules.

    Join our Discord and IRC chat rooms for support:

    Discord

    IRC

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience

    Here is an archive of all previous "Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Shortcuts Sunday - [December 01]

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 05:11 AM PST

    Hello /r/Apple, and welcome to "Shortcuts Sunday".

    The "Shortcuts Sunday" thread is your place to share your Shortcuts with the /r/Apple community.

    To share your Shortcut:

    1. Open the Shortcuts app
    2. Tap the "..." button next to the shortcut you will be sharing
    3. Tap the "Share" icon
    4. Finally, tap the "Copy iCloud link" icon and paste it to your comment.

    When sharing your shortcuts, please add a brief description of what your shortcut does and how it is useful. Bonus points if you can include a screen record of the shortcut in action.

    Don't forget to visit the /r/shortcuts subreddit for more information, guides, and shortcuts!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Black Friday is the time Android fans need to swallow their pride and buy a $229 iPad

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 11:48 AM PST

    Express Mode is now available for London!

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 12:03 PM PST

    Why the freak are the snooze button and stop button swapped on the alarm clock compared to the timer?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 10:24 AM PST

    Anyone else annoyed by this? Have they addressed this in any way?

    submitted by /u/SamDaManIAm
    [link] [comments]

    AirPods Pro added to Crinacle's Guide for Best True Wireless Headphones

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 12:51 PM PST

    Japan’s Latest Apple Store To Be Opened In Kawasaki - December 14th

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 08:22 PM PST

    Gruber: "complying with this implicitly means capitulating to Russian propaganda [...] Russia annexed Crimea illegally."

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 09:10 PM PST

    I managed to recover pictures from an iPhone with a fried Tristar chip

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 09:01 AM PST

    My cousin brought me his dead iPhone 5S (iPhone #1) to me. He told me that the battery had ran out, and the phone wouldn't come back to life, after charging it. I took the phone and poked around with it. I started by disconnecting the battery, and see if the iPhone turned on (the iPhone would normally turn on without the battery when plugged in, but it will spontaneously reboot). That didn't even happen. There was no signs of life, nothing.

    Then a relative also had me take a look at their 5S that has a malfunctioning touch ID (iPhone #2). I took the battery from iPhone #1, and charged it on iPhone #2. Then, put it back on #1, and that brought the phone back to life. Still, it wouldn't charge or be recognized by the computer. Most likely, the Tristar is fried.

    Told my cousin this, and he didn't care about the phone any longer. Just wanted to get the pictures off the phone.

    Since now, I got iPhone #1 to boot. I searched for an app that will allow me to transfer pictures wirelessly. Ended up with "FE File Manager", which allowed to connect to a shared folder on my laptop. While the app was downloading, I took the time to setup file sharing on my laptop. Once done, I simply configured the app to connect to my laptop.

    Once that's all done. Was able to connect and access my shared folders. From there, I had the option to copy the Camera Roll to the shared folder on my laptop.

    Was able to recover about 1300+ pictures from the iPhone., this way.

    Thought I post this, while pulling the pictures off the said iPhone (as we speak). Just in case someone has the same problem, they'll find this.

    submitted by /u/MNLYEvangelista
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X came back from Apple assistance with dirty camera

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 04:56 AM PST

    TL;DR on the bottom.
    A few weeks ago I took my iPhone to Apple Premium Reseller (No Apple Store in my region) for a faulty front microphone, they told me the iPhone will be sent to Apple for display and sensors replacement.

    7 days later I saw through the assistance ID that my phone is ready, but I had to wait for the call from the Premium Reseller, that arrives 3 days after. I thought that is strange, but I go in, take the iPhone and I went to take an exam.

    Later I noticed the front camera is dirty, with some kind of stains on the inside. Open the camera app and the quality is bad, noisy, almost opaque and definitely not sharp. Came back to Premium Reseller, explained the new problem caused by the new replacement piece, I was told this is not a big problem, that is useless to send in again as they won't repair this kind of problem. Ok.

    Later that day I opened a support request through the apposite app, explained my problem, took some macro photos of the new camera sensor, and granted to send in my iPhone to Ostrava repair center with a courier. So one week again without my device, if the problem will be resolved I guess I can wait more.

    After 3 days an email notify me that my iPhone had no problem. Really pissed, through Support app I planned a call. I talked to a nice woman that unfortunately didn't understand my problem (She was not Italian). She told me that an Apple Care consultant will reach to me. I let him know that I compared my iPhone camera to another iPhone X and the difference is really noticeable. He told me he understands the replacement display has a faulty camera, I added that I noticed a slightly burn-in on the oled thus I hope that was not an used piece.

    He gave me his email and number, told me that I have to wait for my iPhone to be delivered to me. After that, I can told him if the problem still occurs. 5 days (Monday) after I let him know through email my iPhone arrived, with same problem. I attached to the email some comparison photo with my iPhone 6, and inform him that I will send to him some comparison photo with another iPhone X the next days. Wednesday I had no reply yet, so a friend borrow me an iPhone X, took some photos, send to him and wait. These are some photos I sent to him.

    Today no answer yet. Is it normal to not have an high priority on a problem like this caused by them? Almost a week and no answer? I'm really fucking pissed that a 1359€ phone I sent in to repair came back with another problem and nobody gives a shit. I just send him an email telling if after tomorrow I won't receive an answer I prosecute them. I think this is extreme but what else I can do?

    Maybe someone had experience like this and could give me some advice? Sorry for the wall of text, and for grammar error, I'm Italian.

    TL;DR Apple replace my front panel, that has a faulty camera and it seems that they don't recognise their error.

    submitted by /u/iMatuxx
    [link] [comments]

    Apple is now promoting Apple Pay on NYC Metrocards

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 11:49 AM PST

    I got a new metro card today and it had this on it. I like that it's all black now instead of that yellow color. https://imgur.com/a/jIsPqnP/

    submitted by /u/nm12hg
    [link] [comments]

    I've compiled a Spotify playlist that contains music used in Apple's marketing material.

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 11:16 AM PST

    Use Treatlife Smart Light Switch with Apple HomeKit

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 06:51 PM PST

    First bad experience with Apple -AppleTV+

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 08:55 AM PST

    I bought a new iPhone 11+ and was excited when I found out you get AppleTV+. So it's around the beginning of November and my friend asks if I have watched The Morning Show. I then remember the free subscription, awesome!

    Go on AppleTV, nope, try on phone, nope. Keeps saying start free trial. Weird. Find forums and they say go into your subscriptions so I do and it says Cancelled Nov 1. What? I never cancelled this I didn't even know I had it.

    Knowing Apple support I went and talked with them of the mistake. They said nope you cancelled. I'm like I did not cancel is there no way you can just re-activate? Nope. Go on twitter and ask for Apple Support. Nope.

    They now refuse to respond to my emails or support tickets. Truly disappointed.

    submitted by /u/quantum_cheese
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel